View full 2018-19 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another nothing performance. Can’t stand seeing him wearing the shirt anymore.

Apparently he has a “JLingz” - Instagram and posts shite like this on match days.

Think he used to promote his brand during the World Cup too. Maybe I’m old and bitter but stuff like this infuriates me, especially with him being shite on the pitch.
Spoiler that shit. I dislike him enough as a nothing footballer but this makes me want to scratch my own eyes out.

el3mel

Apparently he has a “JLingz” - Instagram and posts shite like this on match days.

Think he used to promote his brand during the World Cup too. Maybe I’m old and bitter but stuff like this infuriates me, especially with him being shite on the pitch.
Basically everything wrong with the current United side. Crap performance and only caring about social media interaction.

Stadjer

Pogba always gets called out for being on social media and that he finds social media and his image more important than football but Jesse 'Jlingz' Lingard is way worse when it comes to social media, image and brandbuilding. All the while Pogba actually still does stuff on the football field while Lingard misses unmissable chances and ruins a lot of attacking moves.

Lingard is still young though.. he will learn :lol:

Beaucoup

Does anyone even buy that shit!

Lee565

Type of player that needs selling, aside from a load of running, he adds very little quality to change a game.

luke511

Missed him today. Would have probably won with Lingard in the team.
What we missed today was a lack of penetration from players that can beat a man. He wouldn't have helped in the slightest with this as he has the worst dribbling stats out of all our attackers.

Here are city's for comparison..

Last edited:

AP88

Supports
Man City
Mourinho made him look decent last year - he really is the Special One after all.

dogwithabone

I doubt youd find many people that would rather have watched lingard running around doing his usual, than seeing chong get a run out.
Agree.

Chong had something that I have rarely seen in any United player this season - urgency. Chasing after the ball to retrieve it for dead balls and throw ins. Body language tells you a lot about people in every day life let alone on a football pitch. Lingard takes the p*ss and I hope Ole can find a buyer for him in the summer.

jem

His stupid instagram posts from the awards ceremony are all that's wrong with this shitshow of a team. I wouldn't care as much if he were good, but he's an overrated, never-has-been, who contributes next to nothing to this team.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His stupid instagram posts from the awards ceremony are all that's wrong with this shitshow of a team. I wouldn't care as much if he were good, but he's an overrated, never-has-been, who contributes next to nothing to this team.
It's hard to give a feck what others think, when you make 100k/wk or 5 million/yr.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I hope he’s done here. In the immediate euphoria of Ole taking over, I think it was Varun who bit my head off and closed a thread I made questioning the merit of him and Mata being United ‘forwards’. Especially as JLingz has scored what, 3 goals all season? We can’t have him or Mata as one of what we consider our 6 options for the front line. It’s a joke, they are blunt instruments.

Tbh, I doubt he or Mata should be at the club at all. JLingz should go to Bournemouth.

jem

It's hard to give a feck what others think, when you make 100k/wk or 5 million/yr.
And that's why that underperforming clown should be shown the door ASAP. Lukaku can hold it open for him and then follow right behind.

tomaldinho1

I can't see him leaving:

a) he will never be paid more than he is here
b) this is his home

However, I think Ole is pragmatic enough to see he shouldn't be a first XI player but might be someone to utilise in specific circumstances, like a shitter version of Park. I've no issues with someone who clearly loves their life despite thinking he's a numpty for behaving as he does, however I have issues with him being an average footballer.

Based Adnan

A tier 2 source on /r/reddevils who has gotten a fair few things correct posted an update and here's what he said about Lingard...
Lingard on thin ice. Work rate isn’t a problem, end product is. People at the club feel like he’s focusing on his brand rather than improving as a footballer and some are actually quite annoyed at him. Coaches are emphasising that he’s 26 and not in the same «young» bracket as Rashford, for example.
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/...date_1_10th_may_2019/?st=jvi4rlby&sh=6fe603d3

SungSam7

I can't see him leaving:

a) he will never be paid more than he is here
b) this is his home

However, I think Ole is pragmatic enough to see he shouldn't be a first XI player but might be someone to utilise in specific circumstances, like a shitter version of Park. I've no issues with someone who clearly loves their life despite thinking he's a numpty for behaving as he does, however I have issues with him being an average footballer.
I agree 100%.
Pogba is the same with his social media nonsense, call me old fashioned but I feel you shouldn't be dancing around like a fool and showing inside clips of having fun in the club grounds if results are not good. It's a kick in the face for paying fans that we get the image of not taking their role seriously!

Sterling Archer

A tier 2 source on /r/reddevils who has gotten a fair few things correct posted an update and here's what he said about Lingard...

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/...date_1_10th_may_2019/?st=jvi4rlby&sh=6fe603d3
@johanovic this is actually exactly what I was wanting to see re: what went wrong with Ole
He's given the academy players more freedom than others, because of the sentimentality. But if he is indeed losing his patience with one of the biggest offenders for instance, I'm expecting Ole to be a success in bringing the right culture back

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

izec

I would cash him on him soon, either this or next summer. We would get a decent fee for him, since English international and more money and less sense in the Premier League. Surely Everton or West Ham would give us 30-40m for him.

Djemba-Djemba

He's been absolutely hopeless for like 95% of the season. For about 95% of his Utd career to be brutally honest.

I'd be delighted if we got rid in the summer but I'm doubtful we will.

He seems destined to be our next shitty attacking player repurposed into our new right back in a couple of years.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I would cash him on him soon, either this or next summer. We would get a decent fee for him, since English international and more money and less sense in the Premier League. Surely Everton or West Ham would give us 30-40m for him.
He will never ever play for England again.

Status
Not open for further replies.