Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

48 hours

Not a great stat for an attacking midfielder

"No," Solskjaer replied when asked if he had any concerns about Lingard's form. "We stick together and Jesse's not scored any goals in the last three games, no, but he's been a big part of our team and will continue being an important part.

"The energy he gives us is lively, but we felt Mason had to come on and create something and we'll see more of Mason."

stevoc

Lingard has many good qualities and the season before last it looked like he was finally developing some end product to go along with those qualities. But he has just regressed rapidly since then.

The sad reality here is you can't have a player of Lingards ability in arguably the most important position on the pitch and expect to do anything other than finish 5th or 6th.

Yesterdays game highlighted why we should have signed some quality attackers in the summer.

Kostov

Jesse is fast becoming to Ole what Lukaku was to Mourinho. He seems to have blind faith in the guy regardless of his current form, and it's going to be his undoing. With Lukaku the excuses were that he brings so much more to the team than just goals and that his all-round play and was aiding our game (Mourinho's defense to continue picking Lukaku even though he was hopelessly out of form at the time). Now with Jesse, the excuses are that it's all about his work off the ball - pressing when we don't have it and opening space with his runs when we have it. Personally I don't see it. Drop the guy until his form picks up - don't care who plays in his place.
Lukaku with all his faults was still a much much better striker than Lingard is a number 10.

I think haram invented the whole "world class movement" nonsense. He's not going anywhere. He's just lounging around in his Jlingz underoos waiting for a worldie and he'll be in your face when it eventually happens (probably in December as usual)..
:lol:

You be careful now, you are becoming a hater, and Haram and Mcking are counting you posts in this thread as we speak.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Apparently Adam Johnson who's been in jail for 3 years has more PL assists than Lingard in the last 6 years.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he's the worst no.10 to start games for us. Up there with the most limited players I have seen play for us.

Ole saying he's not worried about his form is funny, it's not form, he doesn't have goals in him or assists in him, but he's "lively"

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think he's the worst no.10 to start games for us. Up there with the most limited players I have seen play for us.

Ole saying he's not worried about his form is funny, it's not form, he doesn't have goals in him or assists in him, but he's "lively"
We don't need telling he's "lively". Jesse has already informed us of that in his holiday video.

El Zoido

Apparently Adam Johnson who's been in jail for 3 years has more PL assists than Lingard in the last 6 years.
Yeah this is up on the front page of reddit with everyone having a good laugh taking the piss out of us. Fecking so sick of this team and carrying shit players.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The biggest problem with him is that he is simply useless. I don't think he made a single positive forward control of the ball like for instance Martial did before he he fouled.
At the tiny bit of pressure, he passes it back, he doesn't attempt to turn around with the ball. He is a recycler of the ball, pointless passes after passes when he doesn't hide between the defensive lines.
Time and time again Pogba looks for a movement between the line but Lingard hides

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We don't need telling he's "lively". Jesse has already informed us of that in his holiday video.
We need to be told about his world class movement and hard work again! Imagine having to dig that deep to find praise for an attacking player. Movement, hard work and now add lively to the list. No wonder we're struggling

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We need to be told about his world class movement and hard work again! Imagine having to dig that deep to find praise for an attacking player. Movement, hard work and now add lively to the list. No wonder we're struggling
Yep. Lively isn't exactly going to attract Barcelona is it.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Yeah, hardly a number 10 to "unlock defences" is he? He runs about a lot though

Pace Abuser

If only he could be deadly rather than this lively bullshit. He's lively. Well so is grandma and my washing machine make a real racket when it gets going, sounds very lively .

Feckin lively.

Flying_Heckfish

A n10 that doesn't score, assist or even make key passes. He's useless.

Losing some respect for OGS if he genuinely thinks he is the answer in these matches. We have Mata who would be a much better choice, why extend him if he won't play?

It's just so frustrating.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Ole needs to open his f'in eyes, his blind faith in "lively" jesse is infuriating, he's absolute rubbish. Who cares if your number tens lively if he cant do anything else that a 10 should actually be good at. Ole and Lingard both had a shockers yday.

Alabaster Codify7

We are playing a Brighton-level player in the most influential attacking role on the field, every week. We shouldn't be surprised to see terrible results such as winning 3 in 15 games.

Fans have accepted mediocrity but are unable to process the fact that they've accepted it. It's a bizarre situation all round.

Robbie Boy

We are playing a Brighton-level player in the most influential attacking role on the field, every week. We shouldn't be surprised to see terrible results such as winning 3 in 15 games.

Fans have accepted mediocrity but are unable to process the fact that they've accepted it. It's a bizarre situation all round.
Funnily enough, Brighton had an inconsistent attacking player in Knockaert who scored a whole 1 less goal than Lingard last season. Do you know what Brighton done? Loaned him to Fulham in the Championship. What have we done with Lingard? Made him a starter. Go figure....

United58

Based Adnan

His movement is a complete myth. Constantly hiding behind defenders and moving away from the ball. Sure he runs a lot during games but it doesn't mean he has good movement.

Probably knows his limitations and knows he's not good enough for this club. The sooner our manager realizes it the better but going by the quotes from the Luckhurst article above, I'm not holding my breath.

Red Rash

I think Lingard is very much a Fergie type player as in someone who would be in the squad and do a job when needed.

The issue we have is:
1. He isn't being used as a squad player
2. He doesn't have the quality around him that we had in Fergie team that would cover his deficiencies

Actually I have no problem with Lingard as he always gives 100 percent and clearly loves the club. That being said it's time Ole recognises we need more quality in his position.

I would really love us to try Gomes in the 10 spot. If it doesn't work move Pogba to the number 10 role and bring in Fred into the midfield.

Something has to change if we are going to make something of the season

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Have to hope that him being subbed early (because he was shocking) is a sign that Solskjaer has realised he's not good enough to start.

Whether that means we get Gomes or we get Mata I don't know but it was stark in contrast to him usually playing 90 minutes regardless of how good or bad he is.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
To put it in context - and I rejoiced when he was sold - Fellaini would offer us double digits on combined goals and assists if you played him as a 10 or a second striker. It'd be ugly, but he'd be productive.

I never thought one of our players would make me miss the option of a tree up front.

If Ole persists with him it's sending a message to the squad that your performances don't matter if we don't have great backup. And that's pathetic.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Have to hope that him being subbed early (because he was shocking) is a sign that Solskjaer has realised he's not good enough to start.

Whether that means we get Gomes or we get Mata I don't know but it was stark in contrast to him usually playing 90 minutes regardless of how good or bad he is.
Hopefully. The one positive we can take from the game.

Giggsforever

I think Lingard is very much a Fergie type player as in someone who would be in the squad and do a job when needed.

The issue we have is:
2. He doesn't have the quality around him that we had in Fergie team that would cover his deficiencies

Actually I have no problem with Lingard as he always gives 100 percent and clearly loves the club. That being said it's time Ole recognises we need more quality in his position.

I would really love us to try Gomes in the 10 spot. If it doesn't work move Pogba to the number 10 role and bring in Fred into the midfield.

Think about the other players that have to have Lingard around them!

Lingard has 0 goals, 0 assist this year. When it comes to key passes, chances created he is not average, he is down in the bottom of all the players in the PL. His defensive stats is also the worst of our attackers by a mile. I have never seen anyone who has won so few aerial duels. He is to little involved with few touches and can't handle passes or even throw ins because they are to speedy for his touch.

This is not a Fergie type player, they had something more to their game than this. Lingard is not an average player, he is one of the worst in the PL.

GlasgowCeltic

The issue we have is:

He can't play in a two man midfield and he offers zero threat off the flanks, Fergie would've had no time for him.

Alemar

Can we loan him out now? Just to avoid temptation to use Lingard again.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
He can't play on half turn, every touch is backwards. The whole point of a 10 is that they can the team turned and playing facing the defence in the final third.

Watch the likes of Silva play constantly on the half turn when they receive so they can then play in full backs.

Useless footballer.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He does - from Reddit: 'Adam Johnson has more Premier Legaue assists (11) than Jesse Lingard (10) in the last 6 years. Adam Johnson has been in jail for the last 3 years.'

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Players/109000/History/Jesse-Lingard

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Players/14269/History/Adam-Johnson
To be fair to Lingard, that stat is extremely misleading considering he's only been part of our first team for four seasons before this. It's really comparing Johnson's three years to Lingard's four, not six like it's making out.

luke511

"No," Solskjaer replied when asked if he had any concerns about Lingard's form. "We stick together and Jesse's not scored any goals in the last three games, no, but he's been a big part of our team and will continue being an important part.

"The energy he gives us is lively, but we felt Mason had to come on and create something and we'll see more of Mason."
As much as I hate that response from Solskjaer I suppose that's all he can say without publicly slating him, which he's never going to do.

Rossa

He doesn't even cover that much ground. Last season he didn't crack top ten in the league. Bernardo Silva did, and I'd say he produces a fair bit more. Mata regularly covers more ground, I think?

dabeast

What is good about Jesse is that he is not sellable since no one else in the PL or CL will want him. He needs to be demoted to being a squad player/reserve just like Angel. If he does well, he can get a couple of games but then he should go back. The problem is that he sticks around in the team, taking up incredibly valuable space that someone else needs.

Eric's Seagull

The window is still open to sell, there is still little hope.
Don't know how reliable sources are but I've read he is getting an increase in his wages to £130,000 a week. Hope not. I get it that he runs all day but that should be the minimum requirement of a Manchester United. His statistics are appalling for a player in his position and in my opinion he doesn't deserve a place in the team.

Untd55

I feel he is the worst option of the ones we have. All of the other players have at least one upside to them, but Lingard has none.

- Pereira - Good shot, crossing and set pieces
- Mata - Great first touch, Quick passing
- Fred - Quick Passer, Forward Thinking, Incisive passing
- Gomes - Dribbling

I cannot think of one thing Lingard does that those players don't.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I feel he is the worst option of the ones we have. All of the other players have at least one upside to them, but Lingard has none.

- Pereira - Good shot, crossing and set pieces
- Mata - Great first touch, Quick passing
- Fred - Quick Passer, Forward Thinking, Incisive passing
- Gomes - Dribbling

I cannot think of one thing Lingard does that those players don't.
Mata is slow an doesn't make the driving runs that Lingard does and wouldn't be as affective in the press.

Otherwise agree with the rest

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

I don’t mind Ole defending him in public as long as he drops him

Full bodied red

If OGS says he picks him because he's 'lively' and helps the Pressing Tactics, then why not sign ten Kenyan 5,000 meter runners and we'd be EPL Champions for the next five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.