Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

manunited1919

Rooney was LVG’s undoing.
Alexis was Mourinho’s undoing.
Will Lingard be Ole’s undoing?

What is it with our managers, why do they persist and persist with impossible and shxt players when it’s plain for all to see the problem?

I can’t wait for Lingard to be in the stands or the reserves where he belongs. Gone for good.

King_Cantona07

His movement is a complete myth. Constantly hiding behind defenders and moving away from the ball. Sure he runs a lot during games but it doesn't mean he has good movement.

Probably knows his limitations and knows he's not good enough for this club. The sooner our manager realizes it the better but going by the quotes from the Luckhurst article above, I'm not holding my breath.
This is valid he runs but never makes himself available for passes.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think he's barely even a premier league player, other than pressing and winning some challenges in the attacking third, I can't imagine what his specific attacking contribution is.

Renegade

He’ll score a goal soon and his thread will be bumped with people saying “I told you so”

Not good enough.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This is valid he runs but never makes himself available for passes.
When he does, it's often a sideways or backwards pass. It's hard to create anything like that when he doesn't trust himself to try positive stuff. He rarely takes the ball first touch towards the opposition goal, at the slighest bit of pressure, he plays it safe

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m starting to think he’s Beckhaming it and is more interested in becoming a social media star than an actual footballer.
People might not mind that as much if Lingard was even a quarter of the player that Beckham was. He really offers feck all to us at this point.

He does - from Reddit: 'Adam Johnson has more Premier Legaue assists (11) than Jesse Lingard (10) in the last 6 years. Adam Johnson has been in jail for the last 3 years.'

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Players/109000/History/Jesse-Lingard

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Players/14269/History/Adam-Johnson
:lol: that's absolutely laughable.

United58

I’m starting to think he’s Beckhaming it and is more interested in becoming a social media star than an actual footballer.
What? Beckham was incredibly dedicated to his football, Ferguson himself said his relentless application and dedication made him the player he was

Lentwood

He’ll score a goal soon and his thread will be bumped with people saying “I told you so”

Not good enough.
That’s the problem - standards have fallen that far that half the forum believe the odd good half or a goal or two makes a Manchester United player

I don’t care how hard you work or how good your movement supposedly is, if you’re playing in an attacking position for Manchester United you absolutely have to finish the season with 20+ PL combined goals and assists to be considered a success

Hughes35

He's absolutely bang average. Fergie would have played him against Liverpool, Arsenal and City for his workrate and on the counter attack, but he would have been nowhere near the first 11 because he's just not very good! He's a relegation - top 10 premier league player and that's all.

Appalling that we didn't sign any attackers apart from James this window. Not surprised in the slightest anymore and I actually made a few quid on Palace getting a result at the weekend. Shock results have always been what we're good at. It's just unfortunate that in the last 5 years it's us on the wrong end of them.

I would not even be remotely surprised if Lingard starts against Southampton and they grab a draw.

Sir Scott McToMinay

It happens all the time, and its happening now, people who know billion times about football more than your average fan, are blinded by something and cannot face the reality, which is that he is absolute shite attacking player.
Want to keep him at the club at all cost for whatever reason it may be?
Just turn him into a makeshift full back and get done with it.

Absolute joke.

HowYouDoin

Totally exposed. Better as a right winger than a number 10 too. By a mile. Number 10 needs to be a creative spark.
We have many better options.

Pogba with Fred in the midfield. Probably our best team.
Sanchez Heck give him a run. Not as fast he once was but he didnt suddenly forget how to play. As a 10 he doesnt need all pace he used to have.
Gomes. Definitely better than Lingard
Mata Still probably better
Pereira We did well in the game he was starting

I would like to see us play with Sanchez as number 10 and Gomes perhaps on the right wing against teams that sit deep.
We need creative players at both number 10 and right wing against those teams. Lingard and James is the worst way you can set it up. Its counter attacking setup

KennyBurner

Lingard being very active online will surely see this. I wonder how that will affect him
What did he think was going to happen? I’d be very surprised if he ever thought he was good enough to be starting. He has always benefited from our counter attacking system playing on the right with freedom to roam. Now that it is gone he is being exposed for what he is, an average attacking midfielder. Surely he knew that his time would come.

Siorac

If only he could be deadly rather than this lively bullshit. He's lively. Well so is grandma and my washing machine make a real racket when it gets going, sounds very lively .

Feckin lively.
Imagine if your washing machine hadn't managed to wash a single one of your clothes this calendar year.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What did he think was going to happen? I’d be very surprised if he ever thought he was good enough to be starting. He has always benefited from our counter attacking system playing on the right with freedom to roam. Now that it is gone he is being exposed for what he is, an average attacking midfielder. Surely he knew that his time would come.
You don't succeed ( as in become a pro footballer) at this level without a dose of self confidence that can reach delusion.
I have no doubt, despite the criticism, he believes in himself and thinks he is good enough. If he doesn't have that, he couldn't play

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He does not help himself with how he behaves off the field. With his clothing line and his social media. You get the sense he views it all as a joke.

AshRK

Ole needs to bench him for his and the team's good. Lingard looks so short of confidence and Ole playing him each match is making it worse for him. I also notice how he has tonned down his off field antics. Maybe he has finally realized fans don't like him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Ole needs to bench him for his and the team's good. Lingard looks so short of confidence and Ole playing him each match is making it worse for him. I also notice how he has tonned down his off field antics. Maybe he has finally realized fans don't like him.
Its infuriating in my opinion. I can understand Ronaldo or Messi or Hazard. They have earned the right to do what they do off the field.

iKeano

He's the Chris Smalling of attacking midfielders.
Always, always opts for the safe, sideways/backwards pass.
A truly terrible waste of space.

But he wears hats, beatboxes and is an academy product so...

Delighted fans are finally seeing him for the fraud he is, just hope Glazer puppet Olé sees it soon enough too.

Like LVG called out Wellbeck the non-scoring striker, Olé needs to call out the non-attacking AMF.

haram

Delighted fans are finally seeing him for the fraud he is, just hope Glazer puppet Olé sees it soon enough too.

Like LVG called out Wellbeck the non-scoring striker, Olé needs to call out the non-attacking AMF.
Van Gaal sold a non scoring striker and made us a non scoring team.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Smalling is infinitely a far far better defender than Lingard is an attacking midfielder.

taribhumpu

May be someone needs to remind him how old he is now? He does have pace but lately it looks like he is lacking confidence.

iKeano

Van Gaal sold a non scoring striker and made us a non scoring team.
The loss of Welbeck was nothing to do with LVG's lack of goals.

Smalling is infinitely a far far better defender than Lingard is an attacking midfielder.
Agree... but it doesn't say much. It's like comparing the potency of two separate dog droppings. Equally offensive in their own right (except Lingard, who's issue is his acute lack of offensiveness!)

Ban

Selected for the national team. It's a great thing for such a young lad to have an opportunity to play for England. Future is ahead for him.

Martialfc

I despise Lingard. Everything about him iritates me the fact that he’s on the new lynx advert winds me up. The guy is on more adverts than he has goals/ assists. Can people give me a few examples of players that have been rubbish from the start who have gone on and developed into good players? Everyone bangs on about ‘oh give him time he will come good’. I’m fed up of watching the lad week in week out. You either have talent or you don’t. The only talent he has is being a con artist by stealing a living.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoaquinJoaquin

In "hating Lingard club", i think that i take first, second and third prize.:lol::lol:. Maybe @JoaquinJoaquin can take third place
:D. For me he just epitomises everything wrong with the club. Poor, overrated footballer, who is currently on more TV adverts than he has goals and assists combined this calendar year (and that isn't a lie by the way). Add in his awful social media antics and launching a clothing line days before the Liverpool game. I don't care he signs shirts at Hotel Football at the end of the season, the fact is he shouldn't even be here anyways.

Hawks2008

Oh man I cannot wait for this guy to get a goal against a shambolic Southampton defence and the 'I told you so' posts start coming.

I can see it already.

luke511

Give Smalling the minutes Lingard gets as attacking midfielder and Smalling will likely score more too. Smalling could atleast score a header once in a while.
Lingard's aerial duels won % is 6% by the way, the lowest in the squad :lol:

Stadjer

Lingard's aerial duels won % is 6% by the way, the lowest in the squad :lol:
Still better than his 0% score of scoring goals or assisting this year...

Gomes just scored for under23 so he wont be playing tomorrow. Better start preparing for another Lingard world class movement masterclass for tomorrow. Depressing :(

Please JLingz prove me wrong and do something useful tomorrow.. forcing the goalkeeper to make a good save or making a pass that could potential be an assist would be good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.