Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It is getting embarrassing. Should be sold pronto, like January and it is not a joke. A relegation-ish team that is not us would probably pay a lot of money for him in January.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fraud. He knows his ball skills are garbage which is why he goes for daft flicks when he gets passed the ball in the pocket.

Touch the ball, use your "skill" to create yourself some space and actually be dangerous in the final third. Pathetic.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What's worse than his garbage ability on the ball is his poor intelligence on the ball too. It's not like he's making good decisions and his skills are letting him down - he's literally making daft decisions in every one of those clips and still combining it with amateur level skill.

Andersonson

Its certainly not all on him.

But it is because of having several players like him and picking them.

Lingard, Mata, Rojo, Matic - players who have now shown for years they cant perform to a decent level. And then we have Fred who has joined them. He's had a little less time but nothing suggests he's going to break out of that company any time soon. So he looks another lost cause
Matic was very good in his first season under Jose to be fair. And was class at Chelsea. But he has lost it now.

I agree with your post though, and you could add Jones, Bailly, Andreas and Young to that list. Almost a 11 of players who are now barely PL material. Its mental. The job Ole has is extremly difficult

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Matic was very good in his first season under Jose to be fair. And was class at Chelsea. But he has lost it now.

I agree with your post though, and you could add Jones, Bailly, Andreas and Young to that list. Almost a 11 of players who are now barely PL material. Its mental. The job Ole has is extremly difficult
Weren't some Chelsea fans happy that they got rid of him?

Ekeke

He was good for a few months then ran out of steam.

I'm not including Jones because he has been decent for periods, just not enough of them given his time here.

Andreas is decent right now. Young has had periods where he's decent (LB a few years ago mainly) and was useful against Liverpool with our long pass and break strategy. I dont really like Young but its the truth.

I cannot say the same for Matic, Lingard, Rojo and Mata. Of all people Rojo might be the unluckiest one to be named on that list because he did have 1 good full season in Mourinho's first season when Bailly also had a good season.

Mata, Matic and Lingard have only managed a couple of good months in their United careers... Not even a full season. Thats the point. That even after all this time for most of them, they only had a short period where they looked like they might be decent players for us. The vast majority of the time they didnt look good enough to play a part in our team.

Grande

He's playing like he reads posts on Twitter and the Caf about him.
Yep. If it had been me, I would have been affected easily as bad, too. Ferguson told Giggsy not to read the newspapers on Monday, but how do you protect someone’s confidence in 2019, with SoMe and all that?

I’m sure some people will have a bright idea like, can’t they just stay away from the internet, then? These people will be either above fifty (like me) or the samones that que up every day to spee the same exaggerated vitriol in public over a player they are disappointed in.

Nickelodeon

With no goals or assists in almost every game, how do players like Lingard command any sort of respect in the dressing room.

He should be kicked off to the fecking championship and the United page should share that whole 0.00012% message. He needs to called out where it will impact him the most.

Classical Mechanic

Confidence is on the floor at the moment. I think Andreas should start as the 10 at the moment because unlike Mata and Jesse these days he at least plays with some purpose.

NoPace

He's performing at a much lower level than Sanchez was for us

If I was a bottom half of the table premier league manager I dont think I'd select him for my team
My guess is he would look better playing in the right system for a bottom half team, as he did for us pressing high in that 4-2-4 type thing in the preseason. I used to think he'd be an interesting piece for a counter attacking team like Burnley, Palace (who really could use a mobile #10 which Lingard is in theory) or Newcastle but now I think he'd struggle in that sort of setup, might be better off for a team that presses a lot and isn't reliant on him to be the only creative type, like Brighton.

I do believe England caps and his age are enough to bring us back a surprisingly healthy fee. He should have been identified as not good enough by Mourinho or Ole and sold for 20M to some bottom half of the Prem team, that sort of fee could bring back a useful player from the Champo, or mid-table France, Germany or Spain.

Needham

Let's all praise him for a few days see if it improves his confidence. I'll start:
Jesse has a solid throw-in technique.

zenith

He's in absolutely wretched form. Surely he's not this bad as a player. Whatever happened to the messai lingod era

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's not a bad player,all said and done. Sure his off field social media antics annoy a certain audience,rarely been bothered myself, but he's hitting a real decline.

He was always a tidy confident player who could finish well but I do think,what we saw in 2016 and 2018, was as good as it gets with Jeese.

I think a move would do him and us the world of good. I dont think he's good enough to deal with this pressure and expectancy.

Kostov

With no goals or assists in almost every game, how do players like Lingard command any sort of respect in the dressing room.

He should be kicked off to the fecking championship and the United page should share that whole 0.00012% message. He needs to called out where it will impact him the most.
Fair point. How is Ole talking about a cultural reboot when this kind of incompetence is tolerated and awarded? What is the example set for Gomes as a start? It just shows how bad and no actual plan is set in place.

Kopral Jono

I'm starting to actively hate this guy, the same way I hated Depay and Schneiderlin when they were around.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
0 goal, 0 assist, doing feck all on the pitch.

Future of ManUnited this lad.

el3mel

He has to be one of, if not our worst ever main starting lineup attacker in terms of output.

He has been mostly a main player since LVG second season and here's his great record :

15/16 : 6 goals in 40 matches.
16/17 : 5 goals in 42 matches.
17/18 : 13 goals in 48 matches.
18/19 : 5 goals in 36 matches.
19/20 : 0 goals in 10 matches currently.

That's what? 29 goals in 177 matches. Half of them were in one season.

Even Welbeck had 29 goals in 142 matches for us.

He's pretty much a sum up of everything wrong about current United. A god awful forward playing as a main starter regularly and has barely any output, with a big ego, clothing brand and tons of advertisements and deals thanks to that with nothing to show for on the pitch.

Snuffkin

You talk like he has been an excellent player in the past.
He is still an excellent player, he should be in his prime but has suffered since the world cup. He was one of the best England players in that competition. We need him back.

settembrini

I don't think he was hiding this match like he had been in his last couple of starts.

I mean he was still absolutely terrible of course. But at least I saw him trying to get involved. And I guess him hitting the post was the closest we came to scoring aside from the pen. That's as positive as I can be about him right now.

JoaquinJoaquin

He is still an excellent player, he should be in his prime but has suffered since the world cup. He was one of the best England players in that competition. We need him back.
If you think Lingard is an excellent player then please stop watching football, as you are absolutely clueless.

Robbie Boy

Don't talk fecking rubbish, dislike him all the you need, but that's just shite.
Oh look, it's Sugar Puffs to enlighten us all. Nah sunshine, he's utter shite. Nothing to do with people 'disliking him', so get over your emotionally charged preconceived notions. People think he's a shit footballer - he is - and that is all.

Oh look, it's Sugar Puffs to enlighten us all. Nah sunshine, he's utter shite. Nothing to do with people 'disliking him', so get over your emotionally charged preconceived notions. People think he's a shit footballer - he is - and that is all.
:lol: :lol:

Robbie Boy

He's a really bizarre lad. Made this ultra hilarious reference to Sugar Puffs once (no idea why but hey) and I think we should all refer to him as Sugar Puffs from now on. Seems apt, too.

I really wish we could send some of you johnny-come-latelys out on loan to a club like Accrington Stanley for 6 months then you might learn what being a supporter is actually about.

Anyhow must dash, my Sugar Puffs are getting soggy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A wonderful example of believing what the TV pundits tell you, rather than watching with your own eyes.

The only thing positive he brings is a decent fitness level. For an attacking player i'd genuinely take hundreds of people over him.

el3mel

I really hope this is a troll.

thomas porter

Imagine having watched a prime Ryan Giggs flying on the pitch with immaculate touches on full sprint, and then watching Lingard.
Its painful. I'm stateside but went to the West Ham vs. United game last season at OT and Lingard was atrocious that day. He started on the right wing but played EVERYWHERE but right wing constantly bumping into Mata in the 10 role. The whole game I can't think of one good play he had in 90 minutes, and he constantly lost the ball as the West Ham players realized how easily they could dispossess him.

Perseus

My guess is he would look better playing in the right system for a bottom half team, as he did for us pressing high in that 4-2-4 type thing in the preseason. I used to think he'd be an interesting piece for a counter attacking team like Burnley, Palace (who really could use a mobile #10 which Lingard is in theory) or Newcastle but now I think he'd struggle in that sort of setup, might be better off for a team that presses a lot and isn't reliant on him to be the only creative type, like Brighton.

I do believe England caps and his age are enough to bring us back a surprisingly healthy fee. He should have been identified as not good enough by Mourinho or Ole and sold for 20M to some bottom half of the Prem team, that sort of fee could bring back a useful player from the Champo, or mid-table France, Germany or Spain.
Brighton do not press a lot. more of a passing team like BHA were when Lingard played for them. He fitted in quite well then in the Pascal Groß position. I think Groß's crossing is better. Lingard is quicker though. Trossard is the Lingard-type replacement for Brighton.

Lingard's wages are too high for Brighton.

Last edited:

clarkydaz

if he does get a new contract there is something very sinister going on at the club, and no nicey nicey justifications from Ole will prove otherwise

Alabaster Codify7

I despise everything about him. Absolutely no redeeming qualities for me, not a single one.

My least favourite player we've ever had in my lifetime. A combination of being completely ineffective and very dislikeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.