View full 2019-20 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrogant shite trying to get his name in the papers with that stupid lob. Bury it down the sides and get us 1-0 up you prat.

Hopefully Pogbas return means we don't have to see him stink the place up again. You cannot have a player that limited in the middle of everything at number 10.

LJJT

After what you've just written i fail to see how you still think he's a good player. Maybe i'm wrong though and he is indeed a good player.. I mean, according to Ole he normally scores that big chance he had today.
he played really well against city and spurs. He’s got a lot of good qualities but they are more suited to a more open counter attacking game when he can use his intelligence to get in the spaces etc. There are no such spaces in these games and so his impact is no where near as great. I guess you can argue then he’s not a good player and that fair point but he has his purposes for certain types of games I feel. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think he should be a regular starter, his stats are also poor but he isn’t shit by any means and I think he’s a definite starter when we play any one of those top 6 or so

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Abysmal. So what’s the excuse now?

Renegade

0 goals and 0 assists as a number 10 for Manchester United.

would those number be accepted by any other club for a forward player ?

Does any other first team number 10 have non existent numbers like that for any team in the league?

billybee99

he played really well against city and spurs. He’s got a lot of good qualities but they are more suited to a more open counter attacking game when he can use his intelligence to get in the spaces etc. There are no such spaces in these games and so his impact is no where near as great. I guess you can argue then he’s not a good player and that fair point but he has his purposes for certain types of games I feel. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think he should be a regular starter, his stats are also poor but he isn’t shit by any means and I think he’s a definite starter when we play any one of those top 6 or so
"He's not shit by any means." Oh really? Then why don't you tell us what would represent "shit" for you? An attacking player who goes one year without a goal? Does that represent shit for you? A #10 who is one week away from celebrating one year without a Premier League assist? Does that represent shit for you? What exactly would a #10 have to do (or not do) to be "shit" for you if this isn't it? Or are you content with a #10 who presses the ball and "hurts the big teams with his movement" as you said in an earlier post? What the hell does that even mean? He runs around a lot while players with actual skill score the goals? Is that what "he hurts the big teams with his movement" means?

Devil may care

Not going from thread to thread moaning about players, Lingard isn't picking himself and the other options are poor as well, my only issue today in truth was the chance he missed when he was clean through, given he hasn't scored a goal in the PL for almost a year he was way too casual with the attempted chip.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Has to go. He's a poor player and people might disagree but I think he's a bad influence on the young players. Ole needs to stop playing in these games, cup games only for Jesse now please.

But he will get a new long-term deal and a massive pay raise and then he will have a decent game or 2 and some fans will tell us he's great again.

JoaquinJoaquin

Heads need to roll after that performance. Ole needs to show he has the guts to push this guy out of the team. Otherwise it will be Ole’s own head the one doing the rolling.
Ole won't, trust me. He may rest him for a few weeks but he will be kept at the club and given a new contract, as the club rewards mediocrity now.

Robbie Boy

The manager has to play with the players he has. I think many of our better performances have him in the side. He offers us something counterattacking against better sides, but I fully acknowledge he gives us nothing against sides that sit deeper and defender with two rows of four or five.
Against the bigger sides who come at us, he can be an ok option. But nowhere near good either in all honesty. I used to think he's a decent squad option but I really don't anymore

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Has to go. He's a poor player and people might disagree but I think he's a bad influence on the young players. Ole needs to stop playing in these games, cup games only for Jesse now please.

But he will get a new long-term deal and a massive pay raise and then he will have a decent game or 2 and some fans will tell us he's great again.
This. I think the way he carries on off the field, basically undermines the manager. Its basically saying: "I can play shit but do what i like."

Under Ferguson this guy would have been "let go" early on.

PlayerOne

He played 90 minutes, i doubt he is going anywhere. Except in Ed's office to sign new upgraded contract
Well, he is liked the coaching team and the club. Performance on the pitch doesn't matter at United!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He would not have nearly as bad a reputation if he was not on social media. He strikes me as very immature, delusions of grandeur almost. He thinks now he is it.

I cannot believe Ole has not had a word with him about his off the field antics. If i were manager i would give him an ultimatium: get off social media or you are gone.

DoomSlayer

He would not have nearly as bad a reputation if he was not on social media. He strikes me as very immature, delusions of grandeur almost. He thinks now he is it.

I cannot believe Ole has not had a word with him about his off the field antics. If i were manager i would give him an ultimatium: get off social media or you are gone.
Lingard said that Ole told him this season was his last chance, after the summer shenanigans. We need to buy a CAM and CM in January, he is done out here.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Lingard said that Ole told him this season was his last chance, after the summer shenanigans. We need to buy a CAM and CM in January, he is done out here.
Hopefully.

I think we need a really good striker and MF in January. Then about three more signings in the summer.

ArjenIsM3

Ole has said in interviews he expects more from Lingard as well so let's hope this is his final season at the club

DoomSlayer

Hopefully.

I think we need a really good striker and MF in January. Then about three more signings in the summer.
If Pogba stays fit for the rest of the season, i agree with you that a CM and striker would be ideal, because we lack the numbers and the quality, especially in midfield.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If Pogba stays fit for the rest of the season, i agree with you that a CM and striker would be ideal, because we lack the numbers and the quality, especially in midfield.
Yea. Pogba will probably go in the summer. We should get decent money for him to buy a replacement ten.

I said in an earlier post that we have now with Pogba back, about four tens, so we need to get rid of two of them. Out of Mata, Andreas and Lingard, i would keep Mata. Maybe could keep Andreas to provide cover for MF.

But Lingard has to be gone. It will be most frustrating to see him starting matches again next season, if he stays.

El Jefe

What will it say about Ole and the club if he gets a new contract?

I liked Jesse in the earlier parts of his time with us but his performances for the last 2 years have been woeful. With his form he should be fighting for a spot in the matchday squad but crazily enough he is actually making the starting elevens. The only reason he's making them is because Mata and Pereira are slight more or less shit depending on how you rate the three.

Makes Ole's decision not to sign Bruno Fernandes or any other No.10 while giving Mata and Pereira new contracts just look even crazier.

Dante

Average bang
He tries his best but isn't quite good enough.

The fact he's selected is not his fault.

The fact he's fit when others are injured is not his fault.

The fact he has a contract is not his fault.

His happy-go-lucky personality is not a character flaw.

Sanchez7

He tries his best but isn't quite good enough.

The fact he's selected is not his fault.

The fact he's fit when others are injured is not his fault.

The fact he has a contract is not his fault.

His happy-go-lucky personality is not a character flaw.
Agree 100%

He is just an average footballer who has no business being a first team player at United. We should direct our anger toward our inept management and the board that thought he was a 100k/week player.

Adam-Utd

I’d take players like deulofeu over him every time. He just does nothing apart from float about looking busy, but busy doing nothing in particular.

so many better players out there.

Red Stone

I like a grand total of zero things about this twat, and that's taking both his football and his personality into consideration. The embodiment of everything that's wrong at the club.

IrishRedDevil

Imagine being Angel Gomes and watching Lingard start ahead of you who he hasn’t scored a goal in exactly A FULL YEAR.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not Lingard at fault anymore. Clearly obvious he needed taking out of the team months ago. Not scored or assisted for 27 consecutive starts. And he plays very advanced for us. This is now on Ole. Bad management.

Play Greenwood and adjust the set up. How could that be any worse than Lingard playing? It couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.