Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not Lingard at fault anymore. Clearly obvious he needed taking out of the team months ago. Not scored or assisted for 27 consecutive starts. And he plays very advanced for us. This is now on Ole. Bad management.

Play Greenwood and adjust the set up. How could that be any worse than Lingard playing? It couldn't.
In fairness i think Ole has spotted him. It is just with Pogba out and Mata being shit, he has to play him.

OhGee

Here’s where you have to slag Ole with his insistence on playing Lingard. He’s come out and said he’s going through some personal issues and his form is poor so why play him. Rest him and let him sort himself out and give someone else who’s more deserving a chance. Again shows the inexperience of our coaching staff...

El Zoido

Here’s where you have to slag Ole with his insistence on playing Lingard. He’s come out and said he’s going through some personal issues and his form is poor so why play him. Rest him and let him sort himself out and give someone else who’s more deserving a chance. Again shows the inexperience of our coaching staff...
The choices are either Lingard, Pereira, or Mata. No hope with any of them.

Pogba needs to play there but it’s understandable not to rush him back after three months out.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
With Pogba out he has no option to play him. Mata is too old and cannot run. Andreas has no creativity. Pogba will play there now.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
When's the next pr stunt coming out?
Daily Maily Headliine
Lingard confesses: I've been wearing the wrong boots

OhGee

Or stop Insisting on playing 4-2-3-1....

Pogba needs to play there but it’s understandable not to rush him back after three months out.
Agree - but man did we look so much better when he came on. Let’s see if Ole changes formation now and play Fred as a holding, Mctominay as box-box and Pogba as AM...

Everything about that chance today summed him up, such an apologetic footballer.
Hasn’t scored in the Prem for a year and goes for a lob when simply slotting it past the keeper was the much lower risk, useless footballer but hardly his fault every manager through the door keeps picking him.

big rons sovereign

Agree - but man did we look so much better when he came on. Let’s see if Ole changes formation now and play Fred as a holding, Mctominay as box-box and Pogba as AM...
Lingard as 10 is just pointless.
He's supposed to be the link between midfield and attack, receive, 1or 2 touches and release to the attack where possible. Instead when the ball comes forward, he's not there, he's pissing about on the wing, getting in rashfords way. On the rare occasion he is there he just ignores James and gives away possession.
Against sides like Watford, we've no need for him running around like a blue arsed fly, we need someone with a touch and able to pass it.
Mata, for all his faults has that ability.
As would gomes. Probably.

Giggsyking

feck off..... feck off... feck off
Every time I see his face I want to break the TV.

Strats

Did 8 hour drive to Northern Sweden, ignored the result and had a nice family evening with a shitload of wine.

When he missed his sitter i wanted throw the phone in the fireplace. Immediately knew that we lost after that so fast forwarded and yes, we fecking lost.

I also had to listen to my French sister in law with half of all Boudreaux wine in her system whinge about her brother for 3 hours after that. I blame Lingard for ruining this, absolute league two player.

criticalanalysis

Did 8 hour drive to Northern Sweden, ignored the result and had a nice family evening with a shitload of wine.

When he missed his sitter i wanted throw the phone in the fireplace. Immediately knew that we lost after that so fast forwarded and yes, we fecking lost.

I also had to listen to my French sister in law with half of all Boudreaux wine in her system whinge about her brother for 3 hours after that. I blame Lingard for ruining this, absolute league two player.
:lol:

meamth

We lost because he didn't score that one v one chance.

Have we burried it, we've won it.

Blame is on him, regardless of his personal issues.

shahzy

Everything about that chance today summed him up, such an apologetic footballer.
Hasn’t scored in the Prem for a year and goes for a lob when simply slotting it past the keeper was the much lower risk, useless footballer but hardly his fault every manager through the door keeps picking him.
It was a symptom of
1. not caring enough about what and where this club should be (ie: fighting for honours every year). Lets be honest, players like Lingard, Mctominay, James, Shaw are just happy to be here and stoked they made it this far. They dont really grasp what standards this club (Should) have.
2. over estimation of himself.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So don’t have to slag Ole then. If Lingard is what we got then that’s all he can select in his team. Mata had his chance earlier when Martial & Pogba were injured at the same time. Pereira had his chance as well. None of them good but equally bad.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s played the last game for United yea?

Nep77

When's the next pr stunt coming out?
Daily Maily Headliine
Lingard confesses: I've been wearing the wrong boots
Best One was when he said he is back after scoring against Astana and having a half decent game against city when he was the worst among the four attackers. Ole love in for Lingard is going to cost him his job.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The last time a United Academy attacker who tried to chip a keeper one on one and failed was Welbeck and he left the next following season. I won’t be surprised if the same fate about to happen to Lingard.

joke

thepolice123

Ffs:lol::lol:

darko

With Pogba out he has no option to play him. Mata is too old and cannot run. Andreas has no creativity. Pogba will play there now.
Against lower clubs, Mata is a better choice. Lingard is only good in a game where a counterattack is its main attack. He is garbage if they have a club pinned in their own end. He still plays like a boy.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Anything He touches turn to shit at the moment. What's even more annoying is Ole's persistence with him.

zenith

Lingard is useless. Sure, I'm not an elite level athlete but I do have a bunch of personal issues as well.

Though if I turn up at my job on Monday and perform poorly for even two days on the trot, I'm gonna get reprimanded for it and rightly so.

Pogba is quite clearly another level and had he been playing from the start, I'm very certain we would have won.

manunited1919

Still back the kid, if he can get anywhere near his best he's still a useful squad player going forward.
Are you his Rashy in disguise? He needs to be dropped right away, and then sold. This terrible comedy has gone on far too long.

mewnew11

I personally think People are deluded when it comes to Lingard.

There are posters who still believe that Lingard is good when playing against teams which give him space and attack us. WRONG! He still sucks, doesn't score, doesn't create or assist.
Coming to the "he makes runs for others to run into space". Thats just a normal trait of any attacking footballer and in Lingards case its so ovehyped that sometimes you feel that all the goals we score in big matches is because he is doing the running. AGAIN! WRONG! I would request you to go and watch our past matches against the top 6 and you can clearly see how useless and ineffective he was. He only had one good game against Arsenal and that itself was good enough to bring him the Big game player status . He Kills most attacks with his bad touch or passing and then coming deep into midfield to collect the ball and pass it sideways. The worst trait is to pass the ball back from where it came from when simple turn will open acres of space and create much needed fluency in attack.

The stats don't lie and even if they did my eyes don't lie. I don't see what lingard brings to the team or the squad. A squad player is someone who fills in and does a job in the team when you play a small team or rest a regular starter. Oshea , Ji sung park , chicharito etc were what squad players meant. Not lingard, he cant do any job according to me and its just a shame we cant give Gomes game time with lingard stinking up the place.

I really wish him well and hope his family issues are sorted but somehow i feel that this was all done to gain sympathy and fans confidence back. He gave an interview to FullTIME Devils too which indicates that its a PR move. He is under pressure and frankly has nowhere to hide. No goals or assists in the premier league and single digit figures in the year is abysmal for any forward at any club. I wonder in which premier league club would he fit currently and i am sorry i cant find one. Put delofeu in the 10 and we instantly become a better team. Put Lingard in the number 10 at Watford and i dont see Watford improving.

The most frustrating thing about this whole scenario is the blind spot Ole has for him. Plays him everygame and then tells people in interviews that " Lingard is now coming into his own " WHAT ????? I can understand that we are in transition and we will have inconsistent performances but constantly playing lingard when he has been atrocious for years now is simply why we have fallen behind so much.

DRM

Hmm if only a competent manager was aware of this situation and attempted to resolve it by singing a good attacking cm, like say bruno Fernandez.

He'sRaldo

Let's be honest, Ole could have changed the formation to be less dependent on a no. 10 long ago. In fact, once we started preseason in a 4-2-3-1 with Pogba as a DM I was already worried.

I'm shocked he's stuck with it for this long, and still can't understand the logic behind it; especially as we played a 4-3-3 (essentially) for his initial successful period.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I would play Perreira ahead of him, in every game. He may be average but at least he's got a set piece on him, he can cross and even shoot. Lingard is pointless.
It is fecking mad we keep talking about the same thing with him for years

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I won't blame him anymore, I would blame Ole for playing him and making the shit statement like "he is back to his best" for half decent performance.

DoomSlayer

Let's be honest, Ole could have changed the formation to be less dependent on a no. 10 long ago. In fact, once we started preseason in a 4-2-3-1 with Pogba as a DM I was already worried.

I'm shocked he's stuck with it for this long, and still can't understand the logic behind it; especially as we played a 4-3-3 (essentially) for his initial successful period.
And the choices for CM without Pogba are? Matic, Pereira and Garner.

The problem is we have 1 world class midfielder and 2 adequate ones, all the rest are not good enough even for a top 4 challenge. We lack the quality and the depth.

stevoc

Lingard as 10 is just pointless.
He's supposed to be the link between midfield and attack, receive, 1or 2 touches and release to the attack where possible. Instead when the ball comes forward, he's not there, he's pissing about on the wing, getting in rashfords way. On the rare occasion he is there he just ignores James and gives away possession.
Against sides like Watford, we've no need for him running around like a blue arsed fly, we need someone with a touch and able to pass it.
Mata, for all his faults has that ability.
As would gomes. Probably.
Not sure there's a position where he isn't pointless.

Terminator

Very arrogant of him to try that when much simpler finishes were available. Chipping a ball running from you and getting the dip on it is very hard thing to execute.

-Supreme-

Lingard is useless. Sure, I'm not an elite level athlete but I do have a bunch of personal issues as well.

Though if I turn up at my job on Monday and perform poorly for even two days on the trot, I'm gonna get reprimanded for it and rightly so.

Pogba is quite clearly another level and had he been playing from the start, I'm very certain we would have won.
To be fair he wasn't exactly great before his personal issues

The worrying thing is that he probably felt he was performing to a high level prior to this....

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Very arrogant of him to try that when much simpler finishes were available. Chipping a ball running from you and getting the dip on it is very hard thing to execute.
I thought similar at the time. A finish to attempt when your confidence is sky high and you're in bang tidy form for me.

DoomSlayer

I thought similar at the time. A finish to attempt when your confidence is sky high and you're in bang tidy form for me.
Someone like Messi can pull this off, not Jesse Lingard. I was fuming when that happened, just like that chance he missed against Everton in the first 20 seconds.

Irrational.

He scores, their heads drop, we get a lift, we win.

That's the difference.

He's proper shit. I wouldn't bet against him thinking of slow motion montages of his lobbed finish on YouTube and Instagram when he was through on goal.
Probably thinking of what Fortnite dance he's going to do in his celebration too. He's the definition of a manchild.

:lol:

You just know they have the tweet ready and everytime Jesse plays a successful sideways pass their finger starts to hover over the send button.
:lol: with a catchy hashtag like #JSignz

Djemba-Djemba

I still can't believe this moron, who hasn't scored in the league for a fecking year and in the whole of 2019 has scored twice, goes clean through on goal one on one with the keeper and tries to lob him whilst running at pace from outside the area.

It's one of the stupidest things I've seen a Utd player do, what the feck was he thinking? It summed up so much of what is wrong with Utd here in 2019, just stupid sloppy brainless crap.

Please, please, please let this be his final season. He's utter shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.