View full 2019-20 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, if this clown isn't out of the door by the summer I don't want to hear any talk of 'ruthlessness'. But Ole clearly sees something if he gives him minutes every game, so probably won't happen. Don't know who'd take him anyways, probably wouldn't accept a move to a Championship club which is his level

RedIan

His confidence looks shot. On form hes not a bad player. Hope he rediscovers some confidence and silences the slagging off mob.

Paul_Scholes18

The vitriol towards Lingard is shocking really. OK, he's had a very poor season, he can see players coming through the academy who will eventually take his place, but as far as I'm concerned, he is a Manchester United player, and I will always support every United player in a match.
Agree it is fecking crazy tonight. We won the last two games and people focus on hating Lingard after he played for 20 minutes.
Against Watford he deserved a bit of stick since he cost us a lot with that miss and most people understandably wanted him dropped.
I hope he is not reading these forums as I don't think hate gives him positive energy unlike say Ronaldo or Rooney.

Based Adnan

I have no idea why he is the first option off the bench without fail.

After today he has officially gone the whole of 2019 without a league goal or assist.

manunited1919

Can you imagine if Fred or any non-United Academy player were to play just one game at Lingard’s level? Giggs, Neville, and other ex-United players would be out with their knives. But Lingard plays terrible game after game after game and they keep silence. They are just waiting for him to have 1 good game, aren’t they?

Strats

And to think he himself believes he's "back on form" and if he keeps up like this he'll be back in the England squad :lol:

David Brent level of self-delusion.

dr.twinny

Can you imagine if Fred or any non-United Academy player were to play just one game at Lingard’s level? Giggs, Neville, and other ex-United players would be out with their knives. But Lingard plays terrible game after game after game and they keep silence. They are just waiting for him to have 1 good game, aren’t they?
Exactly. Which is why Ole brings him on as a sub every game without fail.

clarkydaz

youth product and English

redshaw

Sadly awful again. You can excuse some bad moments but it's been over a year of nothing.

He looks totally out of it, just froze in the box and played passes out for throw-ins.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
No chances for Gomes makes it even more depressing. At some point Manchester United was hijacked by low quality footballers.

He forgot how to be professional and right now Ole is risking his job by playing him.

peridigm

No idea why greenwood didn't come on instead atleast He would have been a threat,good foul on the keeper though :)
Mason will be fresh for Arsenal. Something we will need with Rashford and Martial playing so much the past week.

Bogga

I've written 10 things trying to make up excuses for him. But every time I've deleted it since it really doesn't make any sense... There's simply not a single reason why he should be in the team. He's an attacking midfielder with 0 points over the last year....

If we're in the final quarter and are looking for a goal, you want some fresh legs that can make a difference... He couldn't make a difference even if all the other players had played for 10 hours straight.

If he's here next season someone in charge needs to see a shrink...

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Mason will be fresh for Arsenal. Something we will need with Rashford and Martial playing so much the past week.
My thoughts also, plus the fact that some Burnley clogger could injure him with a rash stupid challenge because they are losing, so makes sense to put Lingard on.

OhGee

Phil Jones got one so it wouldn't surprise me.
There is no way Jessie is not going to get a new contract. Come on this is signature Ed/Glazers tactics - wait until the last day of the January transfer window after no new signings are made and announce players whose contracts are renewed. Lather, rinse,repeat...

drdoityourself

The commentator in my country mentioned he was getting back to form. This passive narrative towards him in the media is astounding.

Andreas has shown him up again over the Christmas period. Not only is he showing that it should be a part of the job in this position to get assists (2 in 2 PL games for Andreas, 0 in 28 for Lingard) , but also he is pressing better and with more aggression than Lingard has been doing. And that was basically the only intangible asset he was thought to be bringing to this team.

James has also reached 6 assists, playing his first games at the highest level. Lingard occupied this right wing position mostly in the first half of the year, amassing 0. Lingard is 27 and should be at the top of his career.

Just a terribly poor player, shown up by just any player who is put in his position. But still he manages to set the narrative in the media, he's back to form.

L1nk

The vitriol towards Lingard is shocking really. OK, he's had a very poor season, he can see players coming through the academy who will eventually take his place, but as far as I'm concerned, he is a Manchester United player, and I will always support every United player in a match.
It's not just been a "very poor season" though has it, it's been a very bang average career from the start, some people can't seem to face facts because he's a "local lad" and from the academy, fact is he should have been shipped out and never made the first team, ever, he's never been of the required quality.

He's had very very small purple patches throughout his entire career here and just like everyone on here seems to, they got carried away and started calling him Messi Lingard whenever he had them, but the reality is he always is and always will be average, doesn't matter whats happening in his personal life, he was average before it and he'll be average long after it, simple as that, is it harsh? Yes, but we can't afford to be sentimental, any other team would have had Lingard out on his ass years ago, but hey he's a local lad who runs around alot whilst contributing almost nothing in way of goals and assists, exactly what you want in a #10 for Manchester United

massey

My thoughts also, plus the fact that some Burnley clogger could injure him with a rash stupid challenge because they are losing, so makes sense to put Lingard on.
It was 17 minutes we was only 1-0 up,He's a much better player than Lingard and also you can't be scared of playing players because they might get kicked ? might aswell not turn up.

nycender

Absolutely diabolical player. It’s no wonder we are sat 21 pts behind Liverpool in January with players like this on our books. If we want to be a real club again we need to be more ruthless about shipping off players like Lingard.

Gerald G

He's not good. He has his uses but overall he's not good enough. Honestly if he wasn't homegrown I would want him gone in the summer but I don't mind him staying as a squad option. I assume he might want to leave in the near future if he doesn't get first team football though.

Djemba-Djemba

So now is that 2019 without a single PL goal or assist?
I think in 2019 his output across all competitions reads.

Scored in the FA Cup away to Arsenal
Won a penalty against Burnley in the league
Got an assist against Rochdale in the League cup (5 yard sideways pass to Greenwood who smashed it in)
Scored against Astana in the Europa League.

That's it.

It's fecking diabolical. I'd be amazed if we ever see any attacking Utd player have a worse calendar year than that shit.

SAFMUTD

Just give the minutes to literally any youngster instead, we should give them to a player that might eventually come out good rather than keep wasting them on this shit bag, I can’t think another of any other player that I’ve seen given so many chances after being so goddamn useless.

MAME DIOUF 32

Absolutely pointless. I wonder if he's now hit the point of no return, where nobody will be fooled by one of his short bursts of form.

luke511

In 27 games time he'll have as many appearances for Man Utd as Van Nistelrooy. He has almost twice as many as Van Persie. Madness.

RedTiger

Half mast
I feel for him. The pressure must be immense having not contributed anything of value since last season and knowing he's barely 3rd choice in his position. The constant belittling of him by United fans must be taking its toll on him.

Ideally he really needs to go on a 3 month loan or at least the 2nd half of the season to gain his confidence and overall touch back. Contrary to everyone else here, I don't want to see him leave for another season or 2 at least due to the fact he's technically one of our most experienced players and we need the experience for our consistency as an all round squad.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He'll probably start at Arsenal with us expecting to play on the counter. Let's hope he can start 2020 off by doing something he didn't do once this year in the PL.

RedTiger

Half mast
Please ffs let the club move forwards. Only at Manchester United one can go without contribution for a year and still expect to be in the squad. And he is technically shit.
We ARE moving forward! But it's better to go through the gears than trying to jump the car in 5th. We need to move a few players which we all agree on but it's better to do it bit by bit so we don't have to bed a squad in quickly.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Agree it is fecking crazy tonight. We won the last two games and people focus on hating Lingard after he played for 20 minutes.
Against Watford he deserved a bit of stick since he cost us a lot with that miss and most people understandably wanted him dropped.
I hope he is not reading these forums as I don't think hate gives him positive energy unlike say Ronaldo or Rooney.
Boohoo, what is he, not going to score for a year because of the negative energy?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We ARE moving forward! But it's better to go through the gears than trying to jump the car in 5th. We need to move a few players which we all agree on but it's better to do it bit by bit so we don't have to bed a squad in quickly.
We can't cling on to players like Lingard. There comes a time when we have to let a player go. Jones is one and now jesse. They fill up the numbers.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Is there any indication whatsoever that we're looking to get rid of him or that anyone is interested in buying him? Unfortunately I feel he's not going anywhere for another few years.

Based Adnan

Andreas has shown him up again over the Christmas period. Not only is he showing that it should be a part of the job in this position to get assists (2 in 2 PL games for Andreas, 0 in 28 for Lingard) , but also he is pressing better and with more aggression than Lingard has been doing. And that was basically the only intangible asset he was thought to be bringing to this team.
Well said, couldn't agree more.

In Rainbows

No chances for Gomes makes it even more depressing. At some point Manchester United was hijacked by low quality footballers.

He forgot how to be professional and right now Ole is risking his job by playing him.
It's funny because just yesterday I mentioned in the Gomes thread that I was more peeved a similar player in Pereira was getting minutes more so than Lingard. After that pass from Pereira, and Lingard's performance it just made realize I was wrong. A 10 that has no ability to give a through ball (forget intention), and has the end product of Lingard is just unacceptable.

It's a shame that Gomes doesn't get prioritized when Lingard's current ability really isn't worth persisting with.

Ollie Derbyshire

As bad as he’s been, I still stand by my opinion that he is a useful squad player. I would keep him and use sparingly.
Obviously no goals/assists in a whole year is very poor but we can’t get rid of everyone in one go.

Move on others first then look at a replacement for Lingard in a couple of years.

edgecutter

Massively overpaid for what he keeps offering us. If I was ole I would give Jesse a break away from football for at least 2 weeks and see where he's at afterwards.

However, he should see the door this summer regardless of being an academy product.

Status
Not open for further replies.