4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Red

His confidence looks shot. On form hes not a bad player. Hope he rediscovers some confidence and silences the slagging off mob.
You are gonna gave to keep on waiting a little longer pal.

Heinzesight

I’d want nothing more for him to rediscover the form he showed when he was on fire that time...a long time ago now though and really, he looks a million miles off the player we thought he’d turn out to be. Maybe his Emirates Dancefloor could be the catalyst for an upturn in form?

The way he passed it off the pitch for a throw-in for his first touch was Obertan levels of shitness.

Le Red

You guys make up your mind. You either support Jesse Lingard or Manchester United. Both cannot be. He provides nothing, and the people who claim he has something to offer can only smention abstract qualities that don't concretize in the real world. Enough is enough.

Gordon S

This is not the same Jesse that had that purple patch a few years ago. For a few months there it felt like he would score every time he had the ball. Now, i wouldn't expect him to score in a u16 game.

edgecutter

You guys make up your mind. You either support Jesse Lingard or Manchester United. Both cannot be. He provides nothing, and the people who claim he has something to offer can only smention abstract qualities that don't concretize in the real world. Enough is enough.
In fairness to lingard he doesn't pick himself, it's down to ole to end this misery and hopefully a few bodies in January will end lingards time here.

I still think Jesse can be an important player but that would be with a different club.

Stadjer

I feel for him. The pressure must be immense having not contributed anything of value since last season and knowing he's barely 3rd choice in his position. The constant belittling of him by United fans must be taking its toll on him.

Ideally he really needs to go on a 3 month loan or at least the 2nd half of the season to gain his confidence and overall touch back. Contrary to everyone else here, I don't want to see him leave for another season or 2 at least due to the fact he's technically one of our most experienced players and we need the experience for our consistency as an all round squad.
Madness.

Pressure is part of being Manchester United player. Being a Manchester United player gives you the chance to get rich, famous or even launch your very own clother brand but in return there will be some pressure on you. For reaping the rewards of being a Manchester United player there will be the pressure of scoring a goal or assist a few times every year. I think that is fair. If you cant handle that than you shouldnt be at Manchester United. At the moment Lingard is reaping the rewards but not offering anything in return.

Why should Lingard get a loan or be allowed to stay? No other big club in the world would show the patience Manchester United already had with Lingard. You could argue that "Manchester United is different" but in the end Manchester United wants to win and be the best and part of becoming that is by being ruthless sometimes.

Lingard has gotten more chances than he deserves and not taken one of them (just like chances to score). And for his experience... all he and his experience have done on a consistent base is being bad.

spiriticon

I actually don't think he's that bad a team player but his stats just cannot be defended.

His output in key areas is beyond trash.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Wish he maybe tried change his position now if he's going to stay.

He's completely done at CAM & now maybe his age is actually starting to show as stupid as that may sound.

stevoc

How does he get an average of 4.5 in the player ratings? Jesus christ.
No idea some people i believe have odd ways of rating players. If someone is giving out 10 ratings every match then they are doing it wrong in my opinion. Because thats the only way i can make sense of the likes of Lingard getting anything above 1-2 for tonights performance, they give whoever they thought was Motm a 10 and then rate everyone else according to that.

stevoc

Wish he maybe tried change his position now if he's going to stay.

He's completely done at CAM & now maybe his age is actually starting to show as stupid as that may sound.
He doesn't have any outstanding attributes that would lend to him being successful in any other position. Lets be honest the reason he is a no10 is because he doesn't have any of the attributes required to be a good Striker, Winger or central midfielder.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He doesn't have any outstanding attributes that would lend to him being successful in any other position. Lets be honest the reason he is a no10 is because he doesn't have any of the attributes required to be a good Striker, Winger or central midfielder.
I know but literally I'm lost now. If all he does is run - then all that's left is maybe bulk up and run after players like a midfielder might do. I doubt he would do well that at that anyway.

I don't even hate the guy - I think when players like Martial & Rashford play close to you and centre metres away from you - your differences in abilities does show & it's the same with players like Pereira.

James Ward

It's not just the player Lingard I don't like, its his attitude as well. He's 27 now but acts like a teenager. To me he just seems like someone that's more interested in money than football and been a celebrity. I very much doubt he puts in extra training every single week to try and improve himself. That holiday video just summed his attitude up to me.

He's the opposite of what a Manchester Player should be. He's like that employee in a business that's been there a long time who's useless and doesn't pull his weight and you just can't fire cause of legal issues.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The fact that he has a big mouth and contributes to feck all does my head in. I would be ready to completely ignore the horrible G+A stats if he had other real qualities to display.

He cannot press without making fouls.
He cannot pass in tight spaces.
He cannot make long passes over the top.
He cannot turn with the ball and run with it to create openings.
He cannot threaten to open defences with a long range shot.
He cannot take set pieces.
He cannot dribble in general.

It is fecking ridiculous when you think about it.

thepolice123

There was one moment in the match when the ball was headed out of the Burnley box and you could see he stood there and was lining up for the spectacular volley. From the TV angle it was impossible because the Burnley defender was way ahead of him. Probably still dreaming of that wonder goal to break his duck.

The Red Thinker

One word to describe Lingard yesterday - Feckless.

I would’ve thought that with Pogba coming back he’d want to show the manager that he still has what it takes to start games for United and go for the jugular. He showed nothing. He ran and that’s about it.
Greenwood I believe was rested for Arsenal. Else he will always come instead of Jesse.

meamth

I think this will be his last season with us.

We will not try to sell him, but Ole will listen to offers..

Godfather

Christ, if this clown isn't out of the door by the summer I don't want to hear any talk of 'ruthlessness'. But Ole clearly sees something if he gives him minutes every game, so probably won't happen. Don't know who'd take him anyways, probably wouldn't accept a move to a Championship club which is his level
He sees a fecking academy product. That's the only reason why he is getting games and it's ridiculous.

oz insomniac

The phrases that describe Lingard's contributions in matches are either " as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle" or preferably " as pointless as a sunroof on a submarine". Said it before, play Mo Farah and he will make as much sense as Lingard , will run as much and probably give away less free kicks and possession.

Shame on an academy graduate, but he has regressed to the point of wtf.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He has to go this summer. Don't care if he's an academy product. We can't keep players for that reason alone. He's utterly mediocre.

Andrew Richmond

I’ve never rated Jesse Lingard as a footballer. He has been in poor form for some time now and even allowing for the fact our resources are stretched I think OGS would be doing him a favour if he was to leave him out of the match day squads for a while. His confidence is totally shot and perhaps a ‘spell’ would be beneficial for him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
And to think he himself believes he's "back on form" and if he keeps up like this he'll be back in the England squad :lol:

David Brent level of self-delusion.
I do wonder when that interview was done. There was a period about a month ago where he did look like he was starting to get back to decent form, so if the interview was from then it's somewhat understandable. Of course he's gone right off the boil again since then and is back to his early season form.

stevoc

I know but literally I'm lost now. If all he does is run - then all that's left is maybe bulk up and run after players like a midfielder might do. I doubt he would do well that at that anyway.

I don't even hate the guy - I think when players like Martial & Rashford play close to you and centre metres away from you - your differences in abilities does show & it's the same with players like Pereira.
Hes done at this level in my opinion. The free role is the only position he can play, if he can get a move to a lower club that will give him games and maybe build a team around him with his workrate i could see him getting his confidence back and being a decent player for a struggling side that wouldn't expect much goals or assists from him.

Nickelodeon

Lingod doesn't pick himself. How isn't it Oles fault?
There are many players who’ve improved under Olé. He must have thought that Lingard could be one of them but he’s been an absolute embarrassment on the pitch. His chipped attempt against Watford showcased not only his lack of talent and composure but also his arrogance.
It will be Olé’s fault if we don’t get at least one midfielder in January. Not the summer. Now.

We definitely need an immediate upgrade. For the middle 3, we have had to play one of Pereira, Lingard or Mata consistently. Has to change now.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I do wonder when that interview was done. There was a period about a month ago where he did look like he was starting to get back to decent form, so if the interview was from then it's somewhat understandable. Of course he's gone right off the boil again since then and is back to his early season form.
You're being way too kind tbh. He was barely playing above shit levels which in itself was so extraordinary he appeared better than what he actually was.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The fact that he has a big mouth and contributes to feck all does my head in. I would be ready to completely ignore the horrible G+A stats if he had other real qualities to display.

He cannot press without making fouls.
He cannot pass in tight spaces.
He cannot make long passes over the top.
He cannot turn with the ball and run with it to create openings.
He cannot threaten to open defences with a long range shot.
He cannot take set pieces.
He cannot dribble in general.

It is fecking ridiculous when you think about it.
Yup, he has nothing going for him. Age even isn't on his side at this point.

He has to be one of the worst regular players United I have seen. Why he is so highly rated by the coaching staff is beyond me. It defies logic

HowYouDoin

Him playing so much singlehandedly cost us points. Playing him is like playing with 10 men and we simply cant compensate for him. Pereira isnt great but he makes the world of difference because hes a competent player at least, he isnt a net negative.
Something has happened to Lingard this year. He isnt the player he was, he used to be decent, now he is catastrophic and shouldnt play in the championship. Its either that or maybe also playing that CAM role that really exposes him. Back when we used to shoehorn him at RW he wasnt as bad but when hes in the midfield we essentially play with 10 players.

He needs to be benched for the rest of the year. We simply cant have him playing, far too costly.

jem

Lossl is a Goalkeeper.
Jesse Lingard finishes the 2019 calendar year with the same number of Premiership goals and assists as jem..........jem is a bald, middle-aged tosser who spends far too much time on Red Cafe.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
someone said on the last page its oles' tactics' making him look dreadful on the pitch (despite the rest of the forwards being able to look dangerous)
Ah OK. Apologies. Ole may have his faults but making Lingard play badly through tactics certainly isn't one of them.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I'd understand the argument "on his form, He's a good player" if it happens every 6 games. But having to wait 30+ PL games till He performs well? that's just crazy.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Jesse Lingard finishes the 2019 calendar year with the same number of Premiership goals and assists as jem..........jem is a bald, middle-aged tosser who spends far too much time on Red Cafe.
Jem doesn't cost his team points. Be like Jem.

Paul_Scholes18

Give him 30 minutes against Arsenal and he will score. They are terrible right now. If not then I guess bet on Lingard not scoring any more goals this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.