Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Sold to Parma in September.
no he finally was sold in the summer. I just see a similar situation happening where we might get offers but we’ll turn them down because we want more money for him just like Darmian who we kept on our payroll for 2 seasons as 3rd choice

I have absolutely no recollection of that thought he was just still injured when you mentioned him, what a waste of time he was.

mewnew11

There was some media coverage after the Spurs and City game on how he's found form again after a tough period with family issues. With 0 goals and 0 assists, where is that form. How is he allowed to continually step on the pitch while doing absolutely feck all?

Why does no one question Ole about him during his pressers? The media experts are blasting Pogba for not being available for Burnley away after being injured for 3 months while no one questions this guy who's made no contribution in 28 PL games in a year.

Edit: Here's the link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...gard-admits-enjoying-welcome-return-form.html

'It does feel good to actually be back and feel myself again': Jesse Lingard

This is 10th December when he's added 0 goals/assists to his 0 goals/assists this year. What a legend!
I strongly believe that he has bribed the Media and him being an english played gets a free ride from the pundits as well.

Not one person questions him or calls him shit. Paul Pogba gets ripped everyweek for being 10 times the player Jesse is.

Its incredible. i pulled my hair out when Ole said Lingard is coming back to his best.

led_scholes

He's got zero upper body strength, regularly shoved off the ball, and he can't tackle, giving away fouls on a regular basis
I think he has 1.5 years to his contract left. We have to find him a place that he can be at least a bit useful! He cannot be a CAM for sure. I have never seen before a no. 10 that is afraid of the ball and with such a low technique. Honestly, if any team offers to pay even 40-50% of his wages, we should take the deal.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Reckon we'll -

a) look to sell him in the summer
b) renew his contract and keep him
c) not renew his contract and potentially allow him to leave on a free the summer after next

I'd be totally ok with a or c.

Pearl's a minger

I strongly believe that he has bribed the Media and him being an english played gets a free ride from the pundits as well.

Not one person questions him or calls him shit. Paul Pogba gets ripped everyweek for being 10 times the player Jesse is.

Its incredible. i pulled my hair out when Ole said Lingard is coming back to his best.
The thing is, he is back to his best. Just a shame his best is laughable.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Notice how the likes of Neville, Scholes or Rio have anything to say about Lingard at all
They'll never go against the English players. Rashford could kill someone and they'd still not mention it while someone like Martial or Pogba have 1, 2 bad games and all hell breaks lose. :houllier:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think he has 1.5 years to his contract left. We have to find him a place that he can be at least a bit useful! He cannot be a CAM for sure. I have never seen before a no. 10 that is afraid of the ball and with such a low technique. Honestly, if any team offers to pay even 40-50% of his wages, we should take the deal.
Chinese or Arab clubs maybe ?

crossy1686

career ending
Compare him to any player in the PL, in any position. Swap them out and put Lingard in, tell me if you feel at any point Lingard would be an upgrade on the player you swapped out.

led_scholes

Chinese or Arab clubs maybe ?
Unfortunately, I think Chinese clubs are going to have a salary cap, so that is an obstacle. Even if we agree to pay some of his wages (for a year), what happens next?? I don't think he would agree to go there for a loan taking into consideration that he has to a) either take a huge wage cut to stay there for many years or b) take the risk to go there for a loan and then try to find something in Europe. However, going to China basically means that he is semi retiring, and it would be much harder for him to pursue a career in Europe after the loan in China.

Currently, he still has a name here, so i am sure that some teams will take a look at him, but we must accept that there is potentially a zero transfer gain for us. I just hope that we don't renew his contract, as we have done with other players in the past. We have this tendency to keep players forever..

led_scholes

Compare him to any player in the PL, in any position. Swap them out and put Lingard in, tell me if you feel at any point Lingard would be an upgrade on the player you swapped out.
Well, i think Fred the Red's role is a bit overestimated..maybe he can try this mascot role and see how it goes. Competition between mascots is always important :D

crossy1686

career ending
Reckon we'll -

a) look to sell him in the summer
b) renew his contract and keep him
c) not renew his contract and potentially allow him to leave on a free the summer after next

I'd be totally ok with a or c.
He won't get a new contract, he's publically stated Solskjaer has told him he's on his last chance at United. Rewarding him with a new contract now would be undermining the manager completely.

MadMike

Just seems Pogba gets criticised for stuff that Jesse is just as involved in I.e. social media etc
Well yes, of course, I know that. My question is why is it strange to you?

One: Pogba is the most expensive transfer in United's history, its highest earner still on the books, a talismanic figure for a WC-winning French side. The level of expectation, microanalysis and regurgitation over everything he does, will naturally be on a whole different level when compared to Lingard.

Two: Lingard is indeed a local lad so he gets a bit of extra protection by people associated with the club. I mean... shock, horror.

Three: Opinions on Pogba make headlines and pundits want to be relevant and their opinions to be read and shared. No one gives a feck reading about Lingard, so they won't talk about him nearly as much or at all.

So no, there's nothing really strange about it, it's all quite predictable. Is it unfair on Pogba or overly lenient on Lingard? Who cares.

Sylar

Hes gonna score soon (maybe) and then put out a tweet saying 'proving haters wrong' even though that will be his only contribution of the season.

Always thought he would be a good squad player / not a starter. But hes regressing badly from even that. It just doesnt look like hes working hard to put this right, and if he is, that might make it worse (as hes getting worse)

Alabaster Codify7

Hes gonna score soon (maybe) and then put out a tweet saying 'proving haters wrong' even though that will be his only contribution of the season.

Always thought he would be a good squad player / not a starter. But hes regressing badly from even that. It just doesnt look like hes working hard to put this right, and if he is, that might make it worse (as hes getting worse)
First paragraph is sadly spot on.

I think he'll get a new contract. In fact I think it's already done but they're holding off announcing it because they know the fans would moan. They'll wait for the right time. Basically next time he scores or assists.

Based Adnan

He needs to leave to a smaller club with less pressure. Quality and mentality wise he is not cut out for a club like United. Far too weak.

manunited1919

First paragraph is sadly spot on.

I think he'll get a new contract. In fact I think it's already done but they're holding off announcing it because they know the fans would moan. They'll wait for the right time. Basically next time he scores or assists.
If you are correct, then the next time he scores I won’t even celebrate the goal at all, as it means contract renewal soon.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He won't get a new contract, he's publically stated Solskjaer has told him he's on his last chance at United. Rewarding him with a new contract now would be undermining the manager completely.
I haven't read this but assume he said so in a recent interview?

crossy1686

career ending
Why does everyone seem to think he's in line for a new contract?

Solskajer has told him this is his last chance at the club, he's hardly featured at all this season when he's been fit, and when he has he's been dreadful. He's playing like someone who know's he's being let go in the summer, especially since all our transfer talk is around his position.

crossy1686

career ending
I haven't read this but assume he said so in a recent interview?
He spoke about it in the interview he did recently about how his family situation this season has caused his poor form.

He said he'd been told by Solskjaer he was on his last chance at United before the Snapchat video of him and his mates shagging pillows was posted on his Snapchat story and he thought he was done after he got a text telling him to take the video down.

So he knew all that at the start of the season and playing the way he's played all year means the writing is on the wall for him. He's certainly playing like he's resigned to leaving anyway.

crossy1686

career ending
Because that's what we do. We have a problem with letting go of certain players, especially the English ones who are not looking for a switch.
Like who? Jones? Didn't he sign a new contract under Solskjaer as interim manager or just after he became perm? Doubt it was his decision.

Jones is decent back up and he knows it, it works for all parties involved.

Lingard on the other hand doesn't offer anything except excuses.

clarkydaz

Like who? Jones? Didn't he sign a new contract under Solskjaer as interim manager or just after he became perm? Doubt it was his decision.

Jones is decent back up and he knows it, it works for all parties involved.

Lingard on the other hand doesn't offer anything except excuses.
its a footballer in his 'prime' the club will have to spend to replace, when we already need additions. We need midfielders and have just failed on a striker. Players are assets now, and Woodward recently stated its difficult to sign 3 players in a summer

RedIan

He did score a glorious winner in the FA cup final V palace and was a hero that day.. and scored 12 league goals 2017 and 18 seasons. - he played for England in the FIFA World Cup finals... Hes a red through and through From childhood and now the kids lost all confidence and has personal family problems, he's human - Andnow hes getting slaughtered by the keyboard warriors, that should help him recover his form !

crackers0seven

New year new Jesse. He will contribute to a goal at arsenal... For which team I'm not sure yet:p Jesse loves the Emirates :cool:

crossy1686

career ending
its a footballer in his 'prime' the club will have to spend to replace, when we already need additions. We need midfielders and have just failed on a striker. Players are assets now, and Woodward recently stated its difficult to sign 3 players in a summer
A player that returns nothing and costs you money is a liability, not an asset.

HowYouDoin

Wrote this in the newbie forum, will just copy paste.

How is Lingard starting??? My gosh... I know he had some good games vs Arsenal in the past but in current form he is not a proper premier league player. What the hell is wrong with Ole. Man, he needs to be fired.
If we go down 2:0 or something by halftime which I now see as a plausible scenario Ole needs to freaking go.
Playing Lingard is like playing 10 men. At least Pereira contributes. The best I can hope now is that we are not completely decimated by half time.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Last chance saloon for him. Really need a big performance. 60 minutes of anonymity and then subbed for Pereira will be the end.

HowYouDoin

Last chance saloon for him. Really need a big performance. 60 minutes of anonymity and then subbed for Pereira will be the end.
I dont mind that as long as we are not down after 60 minutes. That I would consider a success. However I really feel we just cant compensate for Lingard as a midfield player and inevitably we wont have possession, we wont create anything, we will concede.
If we dont, gooooood. I will be happy as long a we are not down. Unfortunately, just dont see it. See us losing 2:0 at halftime. Hope Im wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.