Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He gets more nervous vs Everton than vs City and Spurs... the psychology in this team is such a random thing.

ManRed

How is he at the club I will never know. All attacks end with him as he can't put through players, control in tight places or hold up play.

kundalini

Lucky to be given 65 mins. Several instances where he failed to control the ball. Fast asleep when he should have been defending near post corners early on. Unlucky to get in the way of Dan James' off-target shot. Poor finish for his huge chance in the first minute. One decent moment, providing the key pass for a Martial shot that got blocked.

702 mins in the PL this season. 0 goals 0 assists.

Last edited:

GenZRed

I guess his December purple patch wasn't that great this year!

He should be released this summer. I used to really like him but now think he is worthless. He will never play for England again, thankfully.

There was a good player in him at one point, but not anymore.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I guess his December purple patch wasn't that great this year!

He should be released this summer. I used to really like him but now think he is worthless. He will never play for England again, thankfully.

There was a good player in him at one point, but not anymore.
I agree. Should really be in his prime now, but has never been worse. Has to be gone in the summer and replaced or play Pogba in his position.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He should never play when we're expected to have more of the ball.

He should actually never play in general, but this is the predicament we find ourselves in.

Devil may care

I games where we have the bulk of possession the #10 needs to be able to get on the ball regularly and make things happen, that's never going to be Lingard, he was virtually invisible today.

Tiber

I understood why he was at United when he was 17. But 27? Remarkable.

Then again our captain is Ashley Young, so maybe it shouldn't be surprising

HJ12

His performance was atrocious, but management also need to get some flack for letting him come back onto the field after half-time. It was evident to most that he was below his usual self today (which isn't a very high bar), and was stifling everything that attempted to go via him. Instead, he gets another 20 minutes for who knows what purpose.

Born2Lose

Hopeless player who'll have huge regrets at the end of his career. Only good thing I've heard about him over the last few weeks is that Ole's marked his card.

Stadjer

Hopeless player who'll have huge regrets at the end of his career. Only good thing I've heard about him over the last few weeks is that Ole's marked his card.
Huge regrets? He is playing for his local club without having the talent that is required. He also picks up 100k+ a week for that.... i dont see how Lingard will have any regrets after his career.

He already had a great career for such a limited player. He is a player who is praised for 'running' after all.

Based Adnan

He gets more nervous vs Everton than vs City and Spurs... the psychology in this team is such a random thing.
That's because vs City and Spurs all he has to do is run and pass the ball to the players that can actually attack the opposition like Rashford and Martial. In games like this he's expected to take more responsbility on the ball and create and he can't do it because he simply isn't good enough.

I don't think it's anything to do with nerves. It's everything to do with his lack of ability with the ball at his feet.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was awful. People can say it till they're blue in the face but he's not any better than Pereira or Mata, they're all about the same level which frankly isn't good enough.

Tiber

Huge regrets? Someone who should be a West Brom or Watford cult hero that is occasionally linked to Newcastle has somehow spent his whole career at United. Not much for him to regret

Ludens the Red

What I don’t understand is if he’s been having problems off the field surely it makes sense to not play him if those problems are effecting his performances. I mean it’s completely understandable if his mind isn’t on football with the issues in his personal life but then why keep putting him out there? Why keep putting him in that position ?

mewnew11

The saddest part is we keep giving him chance after chance and he keeps screwing up attack after attack.

It's a shame that we have Angel Gomes and we keep playing this clown

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Now that we’re over his sob story can we get back to talking about how shit he is at football?

He miscontrolled 7 out of 9 of the passes given to him in the hole. What’s the point of being on the pitch as a #10 if you can’t do the basics consistently?

Pace Abuser

It's hard to control a ball when you're deep in despair about what to feed your adolescent siblings for din dins. The sheer travail of having to take care of siblings on 100k a week really would take its toll on anyone. And then with a 1 year old to boot. It's tragic.

fezzerUTD

Now that we’re over his sob story can we get back to talking about how shit he is at football?

He miscontrolled 7 out of 9 of the passes given to him in the hole. What’s the point of being on the pitch as a #10 if you can’t do the basics consistently?
His sob story will have given him another season to prove his young self.

iHicksy

Would have been better to play Mata, as gone as his legs are. We really need a number 10 and I think Ole knows Lingard isn't good enough.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wish him every success in his private life, but it can’t be excused just how poor he was today. If he’s struggling that much, take him out of the team for a while and give him time to clear his head. A bit of time off can do wonders. Either way, him starting each week and killing every attacking move we have isn’t helping anyone.

On another note I loved how the fans sang his name today. Class.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Would have been better to play Mata, as gone as his legs are. We really need a number 10 and I think Ole knows Lingard isn't good enough.
I’d seriously question his ability to see anything more than colours and shapes if this wasn’t the case.

arthurka

Lingard or Pereira. What a choice to have to make. This squad isn't anywhere near being good enough if these are your options for the first 11.

clarkydaz

And this was against an Everton side in crisis

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Unforgiveable really. A proper ten and we more than likely would have won today.

He'sRaldo

He's been showing signs of improvement over the last month or so, but today he was right back to his early season form. Will be interesting to see if Pereira moves back ahead of him again now.
Sums up our situation nicely I think.

Devil81

Should have been replaced at half time today, one of Ole's worst traits is leaving substitutions too late.

Lingard needed to come off earlier.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was awful. People can say it till they're blue in the face but he's not any better than Pereira or Mata, they're all about the same level which frankly isn't good enough.
Personally think he's better than both, but that's not saying much.

Mata is finished.

And Periera is arguably not Prem quality.

All 3 are fairly terrible for the level we need.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Personally think he's better than both, but that's not saying much.

Mata is finished.

And Periera is arguably not Prem quality.

All 3 are fairly terrible for the level we need.
Which explains some of the issues we have. We don't even need a world class player but at least someone capable of putting in 6/10s would be a start.

kr0nix

Diabolical performance.

Slightly concerned that certain folks are attempting to brush off his personal problems by bringing up his wealth. As if rich people can't be unhappy. How much was Robin Williams worth at the time of his death?

nycender

Just our luck this joker was born in Manchester and ended up playing for United.

Utdstar01

At least Pereira actually scores or assists once in a while and can actually show some creativity.

billybee99

Where are all the idiots who've been saying this guy should start instead of Pogba? He has 2 average games and this place was going crazy with praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.