Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

Loon

:lol:
I'm willing to bet once his contract with the club ends, he'll spill his guts in the red tops.

Moriarty

Not disputing, but the comment I was responding claimed we'd get 20-40 for him. Not a chance that was ever happening.
True. £20-40 million for Lingard is far too much. But now he's swanning off into the sunset to a fat signing-on fee with Newcastle or whoever and our financial geniuses are left empty-handed. Now we're destined to take a bath on Pogba and whoever else is shown the door. I think they must grow magic money trees in Florida.

Abraxas

True. £20-40 million for Lingard is far too much. But now he's swanning off into the sunset to a fat signing-on fee with Newcastle or whoever and our financial geniuses are left empty-handed. Now we're destined to take a bath on Pogba and whoever else is shown the door. I think they must grow magic money trees in Florida.
Not really, these guys leveraged their contractual position. Which is their right, but there ain't a whole lot to be done when you've got an agent in their ear dangling a signing on fee. We can't magic them out of the club.

Also Lingard came through the system. Absolutely priceless to owners. In cold, hard financial terms they'll be happy with that. A cheap shirt that over that period of time has been part of a squad that's ticked our financial position over. They'd like every financial position with players to be like that! They won't be crying over this particular spilt milk in Florida.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
But you need more than just running around to be an attacker for Utd.

Yes, too many of our players are fecking lazy and need to go, but at the same time we also need quality and just because Lingard presses more than the others doesn't mean he's anywhere close to good enough.

He had a purple patch of a couple of months about fecking 5 years ago. That's it, other than those 9 or 10 weeks he's not looked good enough in his entire Utd career.

Desperate for him to finally leave.
At West Ham he showed he could do more than just running around. Utd just isn't the right club for him.
There is a decent/good player in him but obviously he has to move

Hailee

Weren't West Ham only offering £10 million?
I remember it was 15mil, Caf wanted 25 at least. Should have just taken it.

According to Moyes they never made an offer at all and if they had I doubt they even would have gone that high. Initially West Ham and United did the usual pre negotiation dance of we might sign him but we don't need him and we might sell him but we don't want to which was just bluff trying to establish some leverage. Jesse then proceeded to make it clear he wanted to stay and "fight for his place" even though at that point he was going to be returning to a side that didn't give him a minute in the PL the previous season and had just signed another attacker in Sancho. It was fairly obvious then that Jesse had made his mind up to run down his contract and that was confirmed when Ed pulled his usual extend to retain the value move in September and Jesse turned him down flat. Cannot blame him for looking out for himself but the reason he was not sold last summer and again in January starts and ends with Jesse.
When will the mental gymnastics end? Always blaming the player. There are enough video evidence and quotes from both Ole and Moyes proving that Ole wanted him to stay and promised him a bigger role. Moyes didn't even bother with a serious bid after talking to Ole and finding out his plans for Lingard.

There is also plenty of evidence of the player wanting out, in fact the Caf keeps slagging Lingard as a West Ham supporter for constantly liking West Ham posts and whining about not playing. He also asked to go to Newcastle for a loan fee which we tried to extort Newcastle for with a relegation avoidance clause.

Face it, we had plenty of opportunities to bin Lingard and he was more than happy to cooperate, we just failed to take them for whatever reason. Those decision makers need to be investigated for gross incompetence.

Gandalf

When will the mental gymnastics end? Always blaming the player. There are enough video evidence and quotes from both Ole and Moyes proving that Ole wanted him to stay and promised him a bigger role. Moyes didn't even bother with a serious bid after talking to Ole and finding out his plans for Lingard.
If you have any understanding of how negotiations work then you will understand that we were not going to say to West Ham please come and take him and equally they were not going to open the discussions by saying that he was their top priority. It was perfectly clear a deal was there to be struck but Jesse wanted to stay, he could have submitted a transfer request but did not do so even though any halfwit could have seen he had no role in the team here.

There is also plenty of evidence of the player wanting out, in fact the Caf keeps slagging Lingard as a West Ham supporter for constantly liking West Ham posts and whining about not playing. He also asked to go to Newcastle for a loan fee which we tried to extort Newcastle for with a relegation avoidance clause.
We agreed a fee for a permanent transfer with Newcastle and he turned it down because he wanted to be a free agent at the end of the season. He wanted the loan to put himself in the shop window but frankly just as I don't blame him for looking after number one I also don't blame the club for not bending over to accommodate his wishes.

Hailee

If you have any understanding of how negotiations work then you will understand that we were not going to say to West Ham please come and take him and equally they were not going to open the discussions by saying that he was their top priority. It was perfectly clear a deal was there to be struck but Jesse wanted to stay, he could have submitted a transfer request but did not do so even though any halfwit could have seen he had no role in the team here.

We agreed a fee for a permanent transfer with Newcastle and he turned it down because he wanted to be a free agent at the end of the season. He wanted the loan to put himself in the shop window but frankly just as I don't blame him for looking after number one I also don't blame the club for not bending over to accommodate his wishes.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/man-united-transfers-jesse-lingard-21597631

"Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] made it clear to me quite early in the transfer window that he wanted to keep him.

"So I knew pretty early in the transfer window that he was staying at Manchester United. I had a private conversation with Ole who made it clear that he was staying."

That's a pretty interesting way of telling clubs to come get your players. You sound like some whiny broad telling your boyfriend that you do not want a birthday celebration this year due to covid, only to get super upset when he didn't organise a big surprise party inviting your best friends. It's like your boyfriend needs to have understanding how negotiations work and you mean you want a big party when you said you didn't want one.

How about start acting like a big professional club and tell the buyers and the player what you actually want to do?

https://dailynationtoday.com/jesse-...-payment-that-exists-with-deal-falling-apart/

Sure, Lingard has never submitted a transfer request despite meeting up with Ole and Ralf to talk about a transfer. He even goes to the media to tell everyone he wants a transfer which then you slate him for being a media leak.

You are making things up now. There is no permanent deal with Newcastle. Everything was agreed, we were just greedy bitches wanting to squeeze more money from Newcastle. Now that it has backfired on us, you want to place all the blame on the players. How professional eh?

Gandalf

Sure, Lingard has never submitted a transfer request despite meeting up with Ole and Ralf to talk about a transfer. He even goes to the media to tell everyone he wants a transfer which then you slate him for being a media leak.

You are making things up now
. There is no permanent deal with Newcastle. Everything was agreed, we were just greedy bitches wanting to squeeze more money from Newcastle. Now that it has backfired on us, you want to place all the blame on the players. How professional eh?
Not making anything up, this is one of a number of threads around it if you want to go back and research what went on in the window, I am not going to do all of the work for you though unless you want to start paying me. On the subject of making things up, can you please point to where I have slated Jesse for being a media leak? I have not condemned Jesse for his actions I am just stating the fact that both last summer and again in January he could have forced his way out if he wanted to but he chose not to and so it is laughable that the player and his supporters are now whining about how badly he has been treated. He wanted to have his cake and eat it and these are the consequences when if he had just been mature enough to admit he was done here and West Ham was his best choice he would be playing in a European semi final this week and possibly back in the England squad.

ffs

Hailee

Just admit you got this wrong and are being unfair to Lingard. There is no need to defend our piss poor management and organisation. Fact is he is easily moved on snd valued by other teams, he is better than what the haters give him credit for, but for whatever reason we can't get the best out of him and make him seem like a cancer.

ryansgirl

Just admit you got this wrong and are being unfair to Lingard. There is no need to defend our piss poor management and organisation. Fact is he is easily moved on snd valued by other teams, he is better than what the haters give him credit for, but for whatever reason we can't get the best out of him and make him seem like a cancer.
In a nutshell you`ve provided the actual situation with Jesse. I`ve always liked him and his off-field antics were mild compared to the footballers with bad attitudes and behaviour for real. I haven`t seen games of his where he didn`t give a damn, in fact as we know his work-rate is one of the reasons he has done well on loan and one of the reasons he was valued by previous managers such as Ole.

He has always been proud to be a youth product just like Marcus and there is also a reason people like Scholesy have defended him in the media.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Shame he didnt get the chance to replicate the form he showed during his loan at West Ham, but he leaves with best wishes hope he goes on to have a good rest of his career

alexthelion

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I hope this 'great youth product' who takes photos with the shirt of a top 4/6 rival in the middle of our season fecks off asap in the summer.

Crazy how stuff like this slides off Lingard and Rashford but with Pogba it's remembered for years.

All three need to go.

Last edited:

Giggsyking

I cant believe some comments here. He is a mediocre player who should have been booted out of the club 5 years ago.

Tap

Piss poor management and a mediocre player who is a bad influence are not mutually exclusive.

hobbers

Is it though? It could as easily be Rangnick deciding to not play him for the remaining games.
If Rangnick thought he was leaving why would he not put him on the pitch at some point tonight. As a sub or starter.

If Lingard really is leaving then Rangnick must hate him.

Tyrion

I'm willing to bet once his contract with the club ends, he'll spill his guts in the red tops.
He can't wait that long based on his chat with Scholes.

Im sure he will, but it will sum up why he should have not been a part of our club for the past 7 years.
Exactly. The constant leaks from the dressing room is infuriating. At first, I dismissed it as journalists fiction but we must have the leakiest bunch of players in the PL (on the pitch and off).

You would hope that after he told Scholes that things were a shit show, and then he was missing for 'personal reasons' against Chelsea would suggest he won't feature again
Apparently Ragnick was asked about morale and he said something like "ask Lingard" referencing Scholes' comment so maybe he isn't playing him out of spite. Which is fine by me.

crossy1686

career ending
Apparently Ragnick was asked about morale and he said something like "ask Lingard" referencing Scholes' comment so maybe he isn't playing him out of spite. Which is fine by me.
For sure, let's be honest, the amount of shit he's done over the years on social media and leaking stuff to the press he should have known it would come back to bite him in the arse one day

VivaRonaldo85

They were all given their send offs tonight apart from Lingard. Does make you wonder …..

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

crossy1686

career ending
They were all given their send offs tonight apart from Lingard. Does make you wonder …..
I think the one's that have been professional and have tried to do what the manager has asked of them but physically can't do it anymore got their send off's. The toxic cnuts who've been talking to the press and causing issues haven't and won't.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
If Rangnick thought he was leaving why would he not put him on the pitch at some point tonight. As a sub or starter.

If Lingard really is leaving then Rangnick must hate him.
Rangnick has restrained himself, if keane was in charge criminal charges would be getting drawn up as we speak.