Joao Felix | Signed for Atlético Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks2008

If Greenwood is as big a talent as people say then maybe don't drop €80m on a young forward.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
City interest confirmed by Sam Lee. But he also states that Felix will cost €120m. Personally I think that's a huge risk on a unproven young player from the Portuguese league.

DownRiver

Remember when city took a chance on Silva and Fergie thought it was too much to pay for him?

Then again, every city player that United wanted and got turned into crap: Snachez and Fred. It could be just the way we play.

Remember when city took a chance on Silva and Fergie thought it was too much to pay for him?

Then again, every city player that United wanted and got turned into crap: Snachez and Fred. It could be just the way we play.
Silva wasn’t really a “chance” signing like this, he was already a top player who had starred for Spain in winning the EC 2 years earlier.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The quality of some of the final balls I've seen Felix play is incredible... Looks an amazing prospect and although I don't think a wide position or even as a striker (possibly a false 9) is where you would see the best from him... And although I don't see how we accommodate a no10 type player I'd take him in a heartbeat
Is he worth a hundred million... Probably not but who is and meh it's not my money so I'd hope we go for it
I'd be delighted with him sancho or havertz and although I suspect we might not get him Felix is the one who's potential I think is the highest
Fully expect him to go to Barca or real but hope somwhow we could get him

Shark

@NotShark
My excitement for these kind of transfers has reached bottom after the thrash we’ve signed over the past five years or so.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The quality of some of the final balls I've seen Felix play is incredible... Looks an amazing prospect and although I don't think a wide position or even as a striker (possibly a false 9) is where you would see the best from him... And although I don't see how we accommodate a no10 type player I'd take him in a heartbeat
Is he worth a hundred million... Probably not but who is and meh it's not my money so I'd hope we go for it
I'd be delighted with him sancho or havertz and although I suspect we might not get him Felix is the one who's potential I think is the highest
Fully expect him to go to Barca or real but hope somwhow we could get him
He really did look poor against Frankfurt. I wouldn’t pay a crazy amount for him

memelord

He really did look poor against Frankfurt. I wouldn’t pay a crazy amount for him
He played against 10 men for 70 minutes in the 1st leg. Then was largely less influential in the 2nd leg, up vs 11 men. Not convinced at all.

Le Red

He played against 10 men for 70 minutes in the 1st leg. Then was largely less influential in the 2nd leg, up vs 11 men. Not convinced at all.
I'd bet my ass people talked like that about Ronaldo in Sporting as well.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I'd bet my ass people talked like that about Ronaldo in Sporting as well.
The difference is that Ronnie destroyed the likes of Rio, Neville etc in a friendly and they recommended SAF to sign him.

He wasn’t a hidden gem you realise. A lot of clubs were looking at him and we paid a lot for him at that time

f_to_z

Never heard of him until 2 weeks ago, but apparently very highly rated and lots of interest from many teams. Including a report Ronaldo wants him to come to Juventus.

He strikes me as a Griezmann kind of player that can play on the wings and as a shadow striker.

0le

My excitement for these kind of transfers has reached bottom after the thrash we’ve signed over the past five years or so.
Your honesty is refreshing and I, as I'm convinced many others, feel the same way.

JoaquinJoaquin

Never heard of him until 2 weeks ago, but apparently very highly rated and lots of interest from many teams. Including a report Ronaldo wants him to come to Juventus.

He strikes me as a Griezmann kind of player that can play on the wings and as a shadow striker.
He is more of a Kaka type player. Very creative and chips in with goals aswell. Whoever gets him is potentially getting a fantastic player for years to come.

Le Red

The difference is that Ronnie destroyed the likes of Rio, Neville etc in a friendly and they recommended SAF to sign him.

He wasn’t a hidden gem you realise. A lot of clubs were looking at him and we paid a lot for him at that time
But friendly aside, Felix is not a hidden gem anymore as well, there are a lot of clubs looking at him and willing to spend $$$ to get him. Maybe one big performance against a top side will boost his status as the new kid on the block.
His playstyle is very different to Ronaldo's, and you could hardly claim some kid is the new CR7, but my point is that I see too many people claiming he's not all that because he's inconsistent. At his age, consistency is not what you should be looking for.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW

RVP would like a word ;)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's just going to be another player that's too obvious for us to buy, and we will regret not moving for him ourselves, like Isco, both Silvas, Augero, Fabinho and the rest.

Johan07

Lozano, Felix, Sancho & Greenwood/Rashford up top. Lovely.
And then we would do nothing in the transfer market offensively in 10 years or what? That would make the Caf a very dull place. We need some diversity agewise throughout the squad and we already have a very young attacking setup with Sanchez and Mata being the only elder statesmans. One new young prospect offensively will be plenty this summer if even that; and I would not mind buying Felix and loaning him out to Benfica for one more season.

beingshe7don

We could transform Felix into a No. 9... I think he's got all the attributes to be one. His finishing is almost perfect and so is his passing and ball control.

JoaquinJoaquin

We could transform Felix into a No. 9... I think he's got all the attributes to be one. His finishing is almost perfect and so is his passing and ball control.
Why would you want to transform potentially the new Kaka into a number 9?

jesperjaap

Isnt that pretty much the same case though in terms of not a hidden gem and a lot of clubs looking at him? Far less of a hidden gem in reality than ROnaldo was at that stage

jesperjaap

City interest confirmed by Sam Lee. But he also states that Felix will cost €120m. Personally I think that's a huge risk on a unproven young player from the Portuguese league.
Time will only tell. I have to say whenever I have watched him, been hit or miss......hardly surprising given his age and spotlight on him. But he looks to me to be one of those rare players you see certain things he does, he is one of those players that it shouldnt be a risk, he is just going to be a star...a bit like Rooney....though of course, always a Ravel Morrison too.

I think both Felix and Sancho just stand out above the rest of the young attacking players I have seen.Then again look at Dembele who was even better at DOrtmund than SAncho for me

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's just going to be another player that's too obvious for us to buy, and we will regret not moving for him ourselves, like Isco, both Silvas, Augero, Fabinho and the rest.
He’s not an obvious signing at all when we do not play with a player like him. We shouldn’t be buying him just because he’s good. It’s things like this that lead to the constant DoF brigade calling for someone to apply some sense to recruitment. If we bought him and played him on the left, we would later be accused of making a stupid transfer.

Frank Grimes

He’s not an obvious signing at all when we do not play with a player like him. We shouldn’t be buying him just because he’s good. It’s things like this that lead to the constant DoF brigade calling for someone to apply some sense to recruitment. If we bought him and played him on the left, we would later be accused of making a stupid transfer.
Exactly. We need to build a solid team before looking to bring in players of his ilk.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So you buy him and play him in his preferred position. I never suggested to buy him and play him on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.