Joe Rogan

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Literally no one is saying he should keep quiet or not have opinions though. No one.

Just that what he said is stupid.

Ironically you seem to have taken quite a disliking to that opinion.
Read the thread. People said exactly that

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
He's going for the usual "don't listen to me, I'm an idiot" explanation...

I certainly agree that nobody should listen to him about stuff like this but they do and he's not THAT dumb that he's unaware of his influence.

I also think this is the first Rogan podcast I heard since he moved to Spotify. I did enjoy a lot of them (comedy guests mostly) but not enough to be bothered about using another app.
"They're saying that people should get it to protect others."

He didn't know that, but still felt he should broadcast to young people not to vaccinate. Astonishing.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
If a guy went round the caf misinforming people about vaccines and calling people who wore a mask pussies they’d get ripped on too.

caid

I wouldn't get too precious about people calling him an idiot. He is sometimes. I still quite like him

Tarrou

Read the thread. People said exactly that

I have read it. I don’t recall anyone saying Joe Rogan should be censored. But a lot criticising his opinions, which is what you are doing to other posters as well. What’s the difference in your eyes?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
They were anti-vaccines way before JR mentioned it. So the question is, why are they? Has nothing to do with JR and if he shares that opinion, so be it. Again, who are you/we to tell him what he needs to say or when to keep quiet. I find this also rather irritating.
There is no scientific basis whatsoever for anti-vaccination positions. Vaccines are literally the most thoroughly tested and vetted medical intervention known to man and have saved millions and millions of people.

It's important that Rogan doesn't say idiotic things with no basis in reality because it's also illegal to yell "FIRE" in a crowded movie theatre. Speech that is baseless and false that creates panic is not protected and nor should it be.

WPMUFC

Such a fecking cop out. He can't even make up a good excuse. He's trying to say "I can't stop myself talking" like he's a 5 year old in kindergarten that gets too excited and has no self control. When in reality he simply believes "Bros are supposed to be tough, masks and vaccines show weakness and vulnerability...me not weak...me strong bro, fighters are strong....survival of the fittest bro".

fecking meatheads being taken seriously in general discourse is just another level we've fallen.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've never understood the fascination with him at all. To me it's just some random bloke talking shit to others blokes and people go on like he is a god.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I've never understood the fascination with him at all. To me it's just some random bloke talking shit to others blokes and people go on like he is a god.
I'm not fascinated with him or think he's a god. I just think he's a good conversationalist and I enjoy his talks with the guests I find interesting.

Luke1995

While I understand how some people could get fascinated with him (He is a good speaker ) I definitely don't understand how his social media following is so big

It's amazing how he managed to get out of the MMA bubble and become somewhat of a mainstream star. Even at times overshadowing his UFC job.

It's not like he is the best in the world at something. But he is certainly a guy who is willing to talk just about anything.

I wonder if Spotify will keep him for the long term, as several of his podcasts episodes were removed from the platform.

MarylandMUFan

While I understand how some people could get fascinated with him (He is a good speaker ) I definitely don't understand how his social media following is so big

It's amazing how he managed to get out of the MMA bubble and become somewhat of a mainstream star. Even at times overshadowing his UFC job.

It's not like he is the best in the world at something. But he is certainly a guy who is willing to talk just about anything.

I wonder if Spotify will keep him for the long term, as several of his podcasts episodes were removed from the platform.
Don't forget he was the host of an extremely popular game show (especially with young men) so he has loads of fans from UFC, Fear Factor and his stand up comedy. All of them cater to young men.

Luke1995

Don't forget he was the host of an extremely popular game show (especially with young men) so he has loads of fans from UFC, Fear Factor and his stand up comedy. All of them cater to young men.
Yeah I once saw a comedy show with him on Netflix... is he any good at that stand-up stuff ?

Luke1995

It's all subjective of course but he's certainly very successful as a stand up.

If you don't like him on the podcasts you won't like this stand up though.
Well, I like him in MMA commentary so I may like the stand up. His podcast though, some of the controversial guests turn me off.

AgentSmith

Definitely veered away from Rogan once he started applying his bro science attitude to Covid but he still has a host of gems in his podcast library.

Just gotta be selective in choosing when to listen to him; much better to research the guest and base the choice on that (and hope Rogan isn’t in full 420 chimp mode).

This is probably my favourite of his because it’s an articulate expert doing most of the talking about an interesting and accessible topic. Ironically on the science of sleep as I listen to it while killing my chances of a good 8 hours. Rogan still manages to bring up weed and DMT repeatedly but it actually works in this context.

Tarrou

I think he’s great at the podcast thing but never found his comedy funny, it’s just not my type of humour

Oggmonster

Well, I like him in MMA commentary so I may like the stand up. His podcast though, some of the controversial guests turn me off.
Don't do it to yourself.

My mate used to love him made me sit through one of his comedy specials. It was painful...I think I'd of rather sat through all of Mrs Brown's Boys

Trequarista10

Yeah his stand up is pretty poor tbh. He doesn't even have a great sense of humour. He had Maccauley Culkin on a few years ago and 90% of Culkin's jokes went over Joe's head.

The thing I'm most grateful for Rogan is probably introducing me to Bill Burr though. His stand up is incredible. Conversely, Burr's podcast is painfully poor weirdly enough.

Favourite/most infuriating Rogan moment has to be him not only failing to understand the Infinite Monkey Theory, but actually attempting to argue with Brian Cox about it.

MarylandMUFan

Yeah his stand up is pretty poor tbh. He doesn't even have a great sense of humour. He had Maccauley Culkin on a few years ago and 90% of Culkin's jokes went over Joe's head.

The thing I'm most grateful for Rogan is probably introducing me to Bill Burr though. His stand up is incredible. Conversely, Burr's podcast is painfully poor weirdly enough.

Favourite/most infuriating Rogan moment has to be him not only failing to understand the Infinite Monkey Theory, but actually attempting to argue with Brian Cox about it.
I agree on everything but the Bill Burr podcast did give us his legendary Shari's Berry's read:

Luke1995

Don't do it to yourself.

My mate used to love him made me sit through one of his comedy specials. It was painful...I think I'd of rather sat through all of Mrs Brown's Boys
Well, his podcast is probably worse. At least the Stand-up is him trying to be funny. The podcast is a load of nonsense that he thinks is the coolest thing in the world.

Anyways, I'll give it a try! If I don't like it, i'll never listen to him again :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Bill Burrs podcast is 100% Burr. It’s brilliant and it’s not trying to be what most want it to be.

UnrelatedPsuedo

It's all subjective of course but he's certainly very successful as a stand up.

If you don't like him on the podcasts you won't like this stand up though.
Not really. His stand up is great premises delivered by a fella who wants to be Sam Kinison.Hes a hack.

But he’s famous so he sells tickets in America. Nobody neutral thinks he’s a great stand up.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Last episode three hours with Dave Chappelle

UnrelatedPsuedo

Definitely veered away from Rogan once he started applying his bro science attitude to Covid but he still has a host of gems in his podcast library.

Just gotta be selective in choosing when to listen to him; much better to research the guest and base the choice on that (and hope Rogan isn’t in full 420 chimp mode).

This is probably my favourite of his because it’s an articulate expert doing most of the talking about an interesting and accessible topic. Ironically on the science of sleep as I listen to it while killing my chances of a good 8 hours. Rogan still manages to bring up weed and DMT repeatedly but it actually works in this context.

Just research the intelligent and interesting guest and find him on a better Pod.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I couldn’t get through Rogan’s stand up. Lasted about 10 minutes.

Burr’s podcast is legendary though.

Drainy

The guy talks shit in the way that you and your mates talk shit.

That's his draw to the audience and also why people shouldn't put much credibility in what he says.

mu4c_20le

The guy talks shit in the way that you and your mates talk shit.

That's his draw to the audience and also why people shouldn't put much credibility in what he says.
We live in an era where millions put more credibility into influencers over actual journalists.

NotThatSoph

He's probably going to be fine, which will propell his anti vax and anti covic measures to new heights.

Tarrou

The last Rogan I listened to with North Korea defector Yeomni Park was fascinating

He kinda ruined it towards the end by going on one of his classic rants, but the first hour or so of just her telling her incredible story was brilliant

cyberman

Joe Rogan is a grade A idiot. He has lost the plot.
He’s taking medication that you drench sheep with for feck sake

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Joe Rogan is a grade A idiot. He has lost the plot.
He’s taking medication that you drench sheep with for feck sake
Let him do whatever makes him happy. He‘s an incredibly smart bloke and knows what’s best for him and no medical scientist should be able to tell him otherwise.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Hes an idiot and the amount of people that listen to him and are posting on social media that I know about how "Finally someone is taking medicine that works" is ridiculous.

OleBoiii

It's OK because he occasionally says: "Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot." :rolleyes: