Joe Rogan

SirAF

Ageist
Pretty much. Explains all conspiracy types too. I think a lot of big Rogan fans are a step before conspiracy theorists (probably plenty of actual conspiracy theorists too).
There's also those who fall for the 'charm' of manly guy who smokes weed, hunts, eats lots of red meat, and gets interesting guests on. They're just not sharp enough to realise said guests are often talking shite, because they always come with some form of shallow credibility. Some of them are actually quite good and anyone sane is left wishing someone else would present a podcast with similar guests.
Totally agree with this. One of my best friends used to love Rogan and Peterson when we were in high school. I’m almost tempted to reach out to ask if that‘s still the case :p

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
By the way I still can't believe this guy has become so big in terms of audience/reach. I mean...Joe fecking Rogan, really?

chetan

Can someone summarize how he is so influential. By whatever I have read of him in past few months, he seems to be a kind of guy who will piss of both sides and will become irrelevant with time.

Abizzz

I fail to see many people wound up in here. He's a pseudo-intellectual being called out for his stupid shit. No different to O'Reilly really, just a different target group (their sons pretty much).

If anything O'Reilly was better at winding us up.

Bosws87

Can someone summarize how he is so influential. By whatever I have read of him in past few months, he seems to be a kind of guy who will piss of both sides and will become irrelevant with time.
Because if you actually listened to it and gave it a chance and didn't listen to the people that just like to crap on things that are mainstream you would see that some of his podcasts are genuinely incredibly interesting and entertaining.

New guests in the past couple of months not so much but his ones with Brian Cox, Elon Musk, Wim Hoff, Mike Tyson, Travis Barker, Yeonmi Park to name a few are genuinely fascinating and as much as people like to hate him he keeps the convo flowing and interesting.

Conor

I love the way his podcast winds people up so much on here.
Yeah it's gas how a podcast with millions of young listeners constantly peddles shite and mostly gets away with it without question. Great craic misinforming people on medical issues in a pandemic.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I fail to see many people wound up in here.
I do. I've only skimmed over the thread but the begrudging and patronising tone of it is pretty clear.

He's a pseudo-intellectual being called out for his stupid shit. No different to O'Reilly really, just a different target group (their sons pretty much).

If anything O'Reilly was better at winding us up.
A pseudo-intellectual? Err...okay

Most people just see him as the UFC commentator with the hugely successful podcast, and there's little to nothing underhand in that success. It's been organic.

Because if you actually listened to it and gave it a chance and didn't listen to the people that just like to crap on things that are mainstream you would see that some of his podcasts are genuinely incredibly interesting and entertaining.

New guests in the past couple of months not so much but his ones with Brian Cox, Elon Musk, Wim Hoff, Mike Tyson, Travis Barker, Yeonmi Park to name a few are genuinely fascinating and as much as people like to hate him he keeps the convo flowing and interesting.
Exactly.

I've barely listened to it or watched it since he moved to Spotify, so I can't really comment on the vaccine stuff.

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He’s the one-eyed preaching to the blind. King amongst morons, leader of gullible idiots. I pity every single person who actually takes any sort of advice from this man.

Abizzz

Most people just see him as the UFC commentator with the hugely successful podcast, and there's little to nothing underhand in that success. It's been organic.
By most people you mean most people that regularly watch him?

His success doesn't mean anything to me. He can buy a house or boat for all I care. I'll admire him once he comes up with some smart shit. It's never too late.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
His podcasts were a guilty pleasure of mine. He's always been thick as mince, but it's often how he gets interesting stuff from his guests. His one with Alex Jones is hilarious.

Turns out almost everyone else who listens is some libertarian freak job. I haven't listened since before covid, but clearly he's gone off the deep end. Shame really as I suspect the better guests will be put off going back.