Joey Barton | Does a Schteve

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would love to have seen Kevin Muscat up against Barton
Muscat was a coward a pretend hardman always trying to "Do" people from side on and behind with his two footed tackles! He was not a tough guy IMO!

Brophs

The One and Only
Muscat was a coward a pretend hardman always trying to "Do" people from side on and behind with his two footed tackles! He was not a tough guy IMO!
Agree with that. Hard men wouldn't be seen dead doing some of the things he's done. He's just a cowardly thug using his profession to get away with doing things that would get him a hiding if he tried it in real life.

Heardy

I think QPR should sack him. He's an absolute liability and any club that takes him on is foolish. He's a dressing room destroyer.
Would they not have to pay out his contract if they sold him?! It'd be one hell of a financial hit! No idea whether they could find him in breach of his contract being banned for so long

Brophs

The One and Only
Yeah, he's on something like £70k p/w and has at least a couple of years left, so you'd be looking at something like £8m to pay him off as he hasn't done enough to be sacked without compensation.

Smores

Deserved but I still don't see how Suarez got away with those incidents against Chelsea. Wish the FA would punish both cnuts.

Heardy

Yeah, he's on something like £70k p/w and has at least a couple of years left, so you'd be looking at something like £8m to pay him off as he hasn't done enough to be sacked without compensation.
Exactly! He's got the club over a barrel unless they can sue him for breach of contract and terminate it without paying his potential earnings

stubie

12 games not enough imo

The thug should be kicked out of Football

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Would they not have to pay out his contract if they sold him?! It'd be one hell of a financial hit! No idea whether they could find him in breach of his contract being banned for so long
The clubs that agree to ridiculous contracts that seem to be to the advantage of the player need looking at...surely Barton has done enough to lose his very lucrative contract.

It's the same when a shit manager gets sacked...why the feck should the club have to pay them for the remaining years of their contract. :houllier:

kps88

Yep. I don't have an ounce of sympathy for any club that decides to sign him though, much less hand him the armband.

Keano1999

Not enough? he pretty much did the same thing John Terry did to Sanchez.

12 games is plenty.
Violent conduct sending off - 3 matches
Second ban of the season - 1 match
Violent conduct on Aguero - 4 matches
Violent conduct on Company - 4 matches

I could see another match for failing to leave the field of play in a timely manner.
He is lucky his coaches dragged him off the field and prevented him from confronting Ballotelli or he would be looking at another 4 matches. On the other hand, who wouldn't want to see those two nutters going at each other?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not that I disagree with the length or anything... but how much was a ban for racism again??

stubie

Not enough? he pretty much did the same thing John Terry did to Sanchez.

12 games is plenty.
I think you have to look at the individual concerned

There's always something with Barton, slap him with a 6 month ban and see how he reacts to it on and off the pitch.

If that was the case the tosser might change his ways for the better.

stubie

That would be unfair though.

I think a 12 game ban for what he did is hefty and if that doesn't teach him a lesson, nothing will.
But how many times have we heard the same record with Barton "I've changed my ways, I'm a better man"

Eric got a 8 month ban (yes he did wrong) but Barton's no angel is he. Give it until Christmas once he's played a few games and it will be the same old story with him.

Those 12 matches will include Carling Cup games in which he would have been rested.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Barton's a stupid bastard but it's not as if he threatened a fellow professionals career or anything. Or actually hurt anyone. Pantomime villain stuff. 12 matches is more than enough.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
12 matches may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
"Barton accepted the charge of violent conduct against Aguero but denied the second breach of violent conduct against Kompany. The independent regulatory commission, however, found this second charge proved.

"Barton is already serving a four-match suspension for his dismissal in the match, which consists of three matches for violent conduct plus one match as this was the player's second dismissal of the season.

"The two further breaches for violent conduct ordered he be suspended for eight matches to run consecutively to the four matches, taking the total suspension to 12 matches."
Seems reasonable to me.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Pardew on Barton...

Joey Barton:

“I offered Joey two contracts, one of which he agreed to, initially, so he was very close to staying at the back end of last year. But, when we sold Andy Carroll, he thought we were lacking ambition. You can’t assume anything in football.

“I’m not defending his actions at Manchester City (on the last day of the season) but he is a target for a lot of abuse. The trouble with Joey is that he gets upset about anything. Someone not clearing up the dog poo eats into Joey.

“His behaviour with me was impeccable, with one exception. When we played Leeds in a pre-season friendly and I didn’t make him captain he got angry and didn’t want to play. If he thinks he’s got justice then he’ll give you justice, though he has a warped sense of justice sometimes.

“Joey should serve his time and carry on playing for QPR. It won’t be the end of his career. He’ll fight to the bitter end because he truly loves football. He’s a great student of the game and he’s delved into its psychology.”

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's the same when a shit manager gets sacked...why the feck should the club have to pay them for the remaining years of their contract. :houllier:
A contract works both ways. Their job is to manage so you can't sack 'em without paying up if they've done that even the results are poor.

I agree that surely Barton's done enough to be fecked off. But his argument would be 'you knew what the risks were when you signed the contract'.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
When you have a player getting suspended for 8 months for missing a drug test, and another for kicking a racist fan, a 12-match suspension for a player's umpteenth on-field psychotic display is a joke. He should have been suspended for the entire season from all levels of play in England. This is how many times he's lost control during a game?