• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Can't say he set the team up to lose but he didn't set them up to win and that's the real crime. That's not what this club is about it or what anyone comes to see.

We're playing Seville in the knockout stages of the champions league. The players looked flat, the football was insipid and the selection was all wrong.

Loublaze

ATLien
I want Luis Enrique. feck Mourinho and his over cautious approach. We're united BITCH!

Axkiko

All faults on him. Negative tactics, 4 shots on target in 180 mins. What the hell is he thinking? Long balls worked on Liverpool and he thought it might work again and play Fellaini instead of McTominay. Rashford was brilliant on left and he puts him on right. Mata was great and sits on the bench until 75 mins.

Redo91

No. Just no. I was slightly pro-Mourinho as the results have been an improvement over his predecessors (wasn't hard) but I always knew he wasn't a United manager.

Pathetic set up in both legs. He's just not the right fit and doesn't understand the club.

The way he sat back away from home and indeed tonight as if we were playing a far superior team was baffling.

The trophies last season glossed over it. Let's be honest the standard of the Europa League last year was the only reason we won it.

I want him gone.

kidbob

We were only going to win on penalties with a 0-0 and our defending for the second goal was dreadful - relying on penalties was always a terrible approach considering it essentially involved ensuring not one goal was scored in 120 minutes. That Sevilla team really wasn't all that impressive - just happened to be up against an even worse one tonight. There'll be extreme reactions no doubt but I'm baffled at how anyone can come away thinking that wasn't a really poor performance.
Sorry mate, I was being sarcastic. I got this 'knee-jerker' tag for what I felt was a perfectly valid thread on my thoughts about Jose. I made the mistake of making it at half time in the Palace game but to be honest I've felt that way for a while and the last couple of weeks haven't changed that at all. The thread was closed for being negative and I got this tag but to be honest I'd been feeling like that for months. I obviously shouldn't have created it when I did but it is what it is.

We were lauded for coming back from 2-0 down against a Palace team missing half their players for christ sake. I'm not surprised by tonight in any way. It's no different to how we've played for ages now.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Improving isn't a reason to keep someone because we need to keep in mind that the previous managers underachieved. The question is whether we are currently in line with our expectations or if we are still underachieving. The first proposition give him time while the second should get him sacked depending on how bad we are underachieving.
To an extent, yeah, but I'd say he's shown enough so far to be given another year in that he has gotten us back on track again, and we're on course for our best league season since Fergie left. But I do worry his tactical approach is extremely outdated and unlikely to win us the PL at all except for him a very poor quality year. Which isn't going to be coming soon since the league's in its best state for a while.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Being overly cautious and losing at home to a weaker team in the round of 16.
We still can't score consistently from open play. Its either goals in chaos or long balls and knock ons.
Still no consistent first X1.
Sanchez looks like Welbeck.

I don't think he'll ever be a United manager. If Allegri is attainable in the summer I'd show him the door.

Manny

Grammar Police
Paid Sevilla way too much respect over two legs and has been rightly punished.

Totally deserves the sh!tstorm thats coming his way

Castia

The scary part is he’s making quality players look like garbage. You could throw 500m at it, you could add Messi to this side it won’t change a thing we’re poor tactically.

Absolute disgrace how we play the game it’s feckng awful.

iam_kramer

Who would actually miss Mourinho, not who wants him sacked, but who would actually miss him should he leave?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Sorry mate, I was being sarcastic. I got this 'knee-jerker' tag for what I felt was a perfectly valid thread on my thoughts about Jose. I made the mistake of making it at half time in the Palace game but to be honest I've felt that way for a while and the last couple of weeks haven't changed that at all. The thread was closed for being negative and I got this tag but to be honest I'd been feeling like that for months. I obviously shouldn't have created it when I did but it is what it is.

We were lauded for coming back from 2-0 down against a Palace team missing half their players for christ sake. I'm not surprised by tonight in any way. It's no different to how we've played for ages now.
Ah fair enough, sorry, hard to detect sarcasm sometimes.:lol:

Moonred

When you get absolutely everything wrong. Even continuing the last winning formula would have been better. Terrible selection with dour and timid tactics resulting in a humiliating result and deservedly so. Pathetic culmination of a terrible game plan.

Infra-red

I'm generally a defender of his, but no question about it, these two legs vs Sevilla have been 180 minutes of shitehouse cowardice.

NK86

No, if you watch the game they have technically better players than us. Players that can play under pressure or when pressed.

We have a bunch of limited technical players. The world richest club and you have failed wingers starting as fullbacks. Rashford shouldn't be starting for us.
Oh feck right off. The team cannot play with any cohesion because the players don't pass and move or make themselves available at good passing angles. That's because Mourinho doesn't train them like that. Anyone who has been coached at any level will tell you players who don't really move around or make themselves available for a pass are because the trainings don't set them up to do that. It's bloody simple. Hoofing the ball is the effect of bad training methods, not bad players.

ice-bionic red

No overreaction from me. But I don’t want another season of this football. No idea who would be next but I can’t take this style of football with the attacking players we have here

Devil may care

Boredom without the result tonight, it was like he didn't know what to do when we were the team expected to take the game on in possession, his ridiculous obssession with keeping Fellaini and thus pandering to him with a start hurt us from the get go, their far more mobile and technical midifeld easily glided past the two statues we had in there and controlled the game, there was no reason to drop McTominay who is better positonally than Fellaini. On top of that not using Mata against a technical Spanish side made no sense, and Rashford is pointless on the RW but everyone was forced out in order to accomodate Sanchez who hasn't done anything in the last few games to warrant a start.

goin4glory

I'm a Mourinho fan but just can't justify that type of performance vs Sevilla. Bayern/Barca/Madrid we can set up defensively but not teams like this.

Pyro19

I don't know why people are surprised and angry. This is how we've always played throughout the season.

I've made peace with how we play under Mourinho, giving him another half a billion isn't gonna change his approach or playing style.

A footballing dinosaur all in all

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Paid Sevilla way too much respect over two legs and has been rightly punished.

Totally deserves the sh!tstorm thats coming his way
This.

Not at the stage where I want him gone, I don't know who is out there who is better that we can get, and starting the rebuild/clear out process again for a 4th time sounds horrendous. I still have faith in him, but this is all on him. We got a favourable draw, weak side with the 2nd leg at home, and we pissed it up the wall due to a poor and sluggish approach. Inexcusable.

Ban

I have been and am his fan. But this was terrible from start to finish. Ok you get 0:0 there although we should have been more ambitious.
But you're at OT today, on the fly after a great Liverpool result, playing vs a very average team, go for the neck from the start, try to score from a get go. The longer it was 0:0 it was more and more dangerous and we got punished for our lazy approach. Some of it is on players but he needs to fire them up he needs to make things happen too. It reminds me of his Chelsea exit vs PSG when they had a player more and still went out without firing a bullet...

Season is over, I don't care about FA cup altho it would be nice to win it and we have all but secured CL place.

Next season he needs to deliver a PL or leave. Summer will be interesting, that's for sure.

Fabian Keller

DDG will be gone in the summer. He looked gutted at the end rightly so. No surprises, another cautious negative set up. Lucky with Rashford for 5 mins at the weekend but were outplayed. This was coming. Scared to lose. We have tons of world class attacking players at our disposal. Pogba, Sanchez, Lukuku, Mata, Martial. Sevilla average as hell, lost to Valencia at the weekend.

This is on our negative morbid manager. Hope he takes the blame in the interview, and doesn't blame everyone else like he always does. Fuming, gutted and absolutely sick of him!

Last edited by a moderator:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This game doesnt change my opinion of Mou honestly. I werent, arent and will never be a fan of his.
I want him to do well at United, but I’d rather he leave and have his successor do well.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
But but... he's a 'born winner' right? His supporters should smell the coffee and stop with these standard one-liners to excuse the stuff he serves the fans. Mourinho was a winner and a top manager. But he still has it all to prove for me that that Chelsea season was an anomaly and not the first signs of him being done.

IAmAWinner

We are not going to win big trophies with him. He looks past it. Don't even know who we should replace with him. There's no one in the market. blah

Idxomer

He's so much different from SAF for so many reasons but the big one is he doesn't learn from his mistakes and he's immune to evolving as a manager.

The man as someone said in a previous post made the same mistakes with Chelsea in CL the last few years, he's stagnated and won't take the team forward.

engulfing

The tactics were all right. We were totally in control until pogba came on. We were getting chances while minimising risk. The moment pogba came on we just lost control and balance because pogba wasn't pressing hard enough. Mou made a mistake sending pogba on.

RedDevil-85

He can feck off for all i care.
That was fecking pathetic,not only losing at OT against Sevilla but playing terrible,boring football in the process.
Dont look forward to next season with him in charge,wont help giving him more money in the summer he cant even get the best out of the players he has now,including some of his own signings.

izec

Get him out. We are going nowhere. He'll spend a ton of money and the performances will be shite again next year. We'll grind, maybe, to top 4, and the bean counters will be happy.

Our recruitment is fecking appalling. Hire Moyes for continuity, despite an empty CV, who then fires the whole coaching staff. Then hire a possessive based coach, known for rigid structures. Sack him, and hire a defensive, counter attacking coach, known for lack of attacking structure. Just lurching from one end of the spectrum to the other.

No football people actually running this club. Woodward is great at closing deals, for both sponsors and players, but there is no coherent football strategy. We need a DoF or something similar to build a long term plan.

This has been bleak today, fecking bleak.
We have no plan. When it all goes tits up with Jose at some point, the club will just hire the next best manager available without any plan. Then he will struggle with the squad, rinse repeat. We need to take a hard look on the way we want to go forward.

Traub

I’m just worried because I’m getting that similar feeling of “where to from here?”

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
This game doesn’t change my overall opinion of him.

But that was horrible. He can’t hide behind anything today.

Classical Mechanic

I have been and am his fan. But this was terrible from start to finish. Ok you get 0:0 there although we should have been more ambitious.
But you're at OT today, on the fly after a great Liverpool result, playing vs a very average team, go for the neck from the start, try to score from a get go. The longer it was 0:0 it was more and more dangerous and we got punished for our lazy approach. Some of it is on players but he needs to fire them up he needs to make things happen too. It reminds me of his Chelsea exit vs PSG when they had a player more and still went out without firing a bullet...

Season is over, I don't care about FA cup altho it would be nice to win it and we have all but secured CL place.

Next season he needs to deliver a PL or leave. Summer will be interesting, that's for sure.
He doesn't have the x factor that he used to. He used to raise his players game by his aura. That is gone. I'd rather see him go than another expensive purge of the squad. We have some fantastic player that look terrible under him at the moment.

Raw

The fact that we have someone who barely coaches an attacking set up is baffling. I expected clinical, counter attacking football. Instead it's just hoping someone can pull off something out of nowhere.

Kag

I'm just about done with him, to be honest. I've been vocal in my criticism for over a year now but I'm all out of adjectives to describe that performance.

Jesus.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To an extent, yeah, but I'd say he's shown enough so far to be given another year in that he has gotten us back on track again, and we're on course for our best league season since Fergie left. But I do worry his tactical approach is extremely outdated and unlikely to win us the PL at all except for him a very poor quality year. Which isn't going to be coming soon since the league's in its best state for a while.
I will be honest, I think that he is doing a really bad job. I have no clue about what he is trying to achieve at short, mid or long term, no idea whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.