• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This post genuinely annoys me more than it should. I appreciate that we have decent rival fans who pitch in with some good bits of debates and opinions but sometimes posts like these pop up.

You coming here, scratching your head wondering why you'd see some fans unhappy with Mourinho, while supporting a team that's enjoying some ptetty good footy and try to lay what you perceive as reasonable retort to those of us not happy with a manager having us play some awful football sound very patronizing.

It's clearly obvious to you why some people are unhappy with Mourinho given it seems you've read bunch of posts on these boards to be well aware what's tripping some fans.

Acting like what some fans are complaining about can't be circumvanted hence this surprised reaction from you in regard to those unhappy with Mourinho is quite frankly annoying and disingenuous.

Like I said your post annoyed me more than it should. You're sitting there enjoying watching your team play week in week out, yet you want to lecture those who have to put up with watching some terrible football for complaining about being fed those tumescent footy.
I’m being genuine here. United have clearly progressed under Mourinho and you’re in the strongest position the club has been in since Ferguson retired.

You’ve won two trophies and have a decent chance of winning a third, defensively you’re strong which is a solid base for success and your performances in the big games shows that Mourinho still has what it takes to compete at that level.

Are you going to care about not playing attractive football if you finish second and win the FA Cup, whilst Spurs and ourselves win nothing and end up with just top four?

If Mourinho were to leave you’d be looking at another rebuild under another manager, who may or may not produce something better than what you were already seeing. It seems like more of a risk than him staying. I said earlier in the season when I wasn’t sure if we’d get top four that I’d still keep Klopp even if we didn’t, because I didn’t want to see the club go through another rebuild. A new manager might ship out players that had progressed under the previous one, a new style of football has to be implemented etc. Stability is important for everyone.

I’m of the opinion that Mourinho like Klopp is doing a decent job and moving his club forward at present.

Shark

@NotShark
The same thing happened after the Sevilla game. We'd just beaten Chelsea and Liverpool, as well as coming back from 2 down against Palace, then put in one of the worst European performances in living memory. The Sevilla and Brom games seem to sink in much harder as it's the manner of the defeats, and they've been difficult to get over mentally as a fan.

We could conceivably finish 2nd with our highest points total in a long time and also win the FA Cup, but I can also see us finishing the season 4th and without a trophy.

I don't think I've ever felt so pessimistic about the club. Most of it is most likely a buildup from Moyes and LvG rather than Mourinho, but there's been too many failed signings, and now supposedly Martial/Pogba might leave, Madrid will probably come in for DDG again, and the football has been so disheartening at times.

We could keep all those players and/or have a great summer with our incoming transfers, but for some reason I would still feel very pessimistic about next season. Something just feels a bit broken about United at the moment.

It's a weird juxtaposition to be in considering what you may think if you just looked at the league table and the players/manager we have.
Yep, there's definitely a feeling that we're still damaged, despite signing some great players, potentially finishing 2nd and winning a cup. As you said, the Sevilla game was similar. We have a tremendous knack of building momentum that starts to excite the fans, before falling to a ''shock'' defeat, while every player on the pitch under performs to an embarrassing degree. Usually there's at least one special player that drags you through these games, but with us, the whole team goes into meltdown and I can't figure out why it's happening.

Murray3007

The evaluations of player quality seems different between you and I. Augero was the best striker in the league, Silva was always thought of as one of the best attacking midfielders in the league and KDB same. At the very least that trio would shit sideways on Rooney Depay Schweinstiger and Mata, which is what Mourinho inherited compared to Pep.

As for points tally looking at Pelegrini's last season is massively skewed. The team stopped playing since he announced he's leaving and it was an uncharacteristic fall (they were champions at the time and on great form up to his announcement that Pep will replace him). We still managed to finish below them, mind.

This season do you think Conte or Poch can do better if they were our manager? I doubt it given their quality of first XI is roughly the same as ours and they're behind us still.

Your example of Pogba is misguided. He had a plan to play Pogba the way we would want to see. It's a mixture of Pogba failing to build up consistency and a misfortune of long term midfield injuries that has stunted the plan Mourinho had.

As for Sanchez, best to discuss him last season. The plan is obviously for him to be our left winger and his consistency will come. Too early to write him off.
you could pick out the crap from the team Pep inherited as well. the points tally aint skewed for Pellegrini coz thats what they finished on, the same points as us. at the start of last season am sure najority of people would have picked Pogba over KDB almost everytime, not not so much because pep has managed to get the best out of him, if pogba was in that city team he would look as good as him imo

Conte won the league at a canter last season with a team that was not that great individually he got his tactics spot on, this year with the transfers he's lost the dressing room, Poch seems to get more out his players and they play for the manager, Jose for me looks like he has lost the dressing room as well, always blames the players, sometimes you just need to hold your hands up and admit you got it wrong like Sevilla game for example, but not Jose.

Jose has no real plan for Pogba because he is always changing it around, he needs to be much higher up the park to get the best out of him. as for Sanchez a dont care what he done last year because he was not at united and so far he has been terrible apart from a 2nd half n City, if your paying players top wages we should be expecting them to perform.

dove

Of course it isn't that simple, but we have known Valencia is a problem for a couple of season, yet have done nothing, that Jose does not rate Shaw, no matter what he says, otherwise he would be playing. Hopefully the penny has now dropped and he will do something about it. He got rid of Rooney for which we should all be grateful, however he has signed Pogba and Sanchez, who under normal circumstances would be fantastic signings, if the manager actually played to their strengths or knew how to build a team round them. The summer will tell us a lot. If he is changing his colours and we go more attacking then fair play to him. If if is more of the same then unless we overhaul City or get mighty close he will find more fans turning on him.
Well, according to our fans Valencia was a beast and one of the best RB in the league last season and Shaw has a potential to be a Messi of LB. Some of us knew for ages that Valencia is a liability and one of the main reasons our right side is completely dead and useless, and Shaw had like 5 good games during his 3 years at United (now 4 years). We signed ST, DM and RW (Mkhitaryan). All these positions were a bigger priority than fullbacks. I am sure we will get a couple fullbacks this summer but I am worried about something else.

I voted for option 1 as I believe we have made a progress with him as a manager so he deserves to get another year and as he initially said it's a 3 year plan so let him have it. However I don't expect football improving much as his teams play this way for the last 10 years (although Real Madrid was a great counter attacking side but of course having Ozil, Ronaldo & co helps). I don't expect us to be challenging City as well if they have the same amount of points as this season. The situation with LW position is a complete mess. We clearly signed Sanchez without knowing how to use him. What's worrying is that right before we signed him, Martial came into form and scored something like 3 matches in a row? Then Sanchez comes, Martial can't even make a squad. Can anyone explain to me how does this help a team? But the worst of all is that of course we generally look clueless on the pitch. WBA game was as bad as I remember since LVG. We looked absolutely hopeless and after we conceded I expected to at least get some kind of reaction. We got nothing. We just couldn't do anything against the worst team in the league. Of course having superstars like Pogba who are constantly shite doesn't help but to me it sounds like a bad coaching.

All in all he deserves a 3rd season but if we don't improve I think it would be best for everyone to part ways. I just hope we won't have a Chelsea season.

Murray3007

I’m being genuine here. United have clearly progressed under Mourinho and you’re in the strongest position the club has been in since Ferguson retired.

You’ve won two trophies and have a decent chance of winning a third, defensively you’re strong which is a solid base for success and your performances in the big games shows that Mourinho still has what it takes to compete at that level.

Are you going to care about not playing attractive football if you finish second and win the FA Cup, whilst Spurs and ourselves win nothing and end up with just top four?

If Mourinho were to leave you’d be looking at another rebuild under another manager, who may or may not produce something better than what you were already seeing. It seems like more of a risk than him staying. I said earlier in the season when I wasn’t sure if we’d get top four that I’d still keep Klopp even if we didn’t, because I didn’t want to see the club go through another rebuild. A new manager might ship out players that had progressed under the previous one, a new style of football has to be implemented etc. Stability is important for everyone.

I’m of the opinion that Mourinho like Klopp is doing a decent job and moving his club forward at present.
you need to watch a lot more of United if thats what you think, De Gea makes our defensive record look a lot better then it really is, watch our 1st half performance v city and you will see how bad our defence is, could easily have been 6 goals if was not for bad finishing.

SuzieQ

No disrespect but some of you lots sound pathetic. We're going to finish 16 points off the top of the league while Liverpool and Spurs are breathing down our necks despite spending an unbelievable amount.

Such a loser's mentality to be all accepting being behind in second but one quick look at the table we are 16 POINTS off the leaders. It's freaking sad to hear people even being content with such garbage.
Maybe not everyone needs instant gratification and are happy in the knowledge that progress is being made towards reclaiming our former position?

JK-27

Of course you don't mind where United are, meanwhile your team is going to the CL final and have a good shot at overtaking us on the table despite the money spent. To make it all worse all our young players are reported to want to jump ship and the dull football hasn't delivered in games that mattered the most. It was supposed to be dull but effective
Did I miss something? CL Semis haven't been played and already Liverpool are in the final? If you're so good at predicting the future surely you would bet your house on this actually happening. Put your money where your mouth is :devil:

Crimson King

Of course it isn't that simple, but we have known Valencia is a problem for a couple of season, yet have done nothing, that Jose does not rate Shaw, no matter what he says, otherwise he would be playing. Hopefully the penny has now dropped and he will do something about it. He got rid of Rooney for which we should all be grateful, however he has signed Pogba and Sanchez, who under normal circumstances would be fantastic signings, if the manager actually played to their strengths or knew how to build a team round them. The summer will tell us a lot. If he is changing his colours and we go more attacking then fair play to him. If if is more of the same then unless we overhaul City or get mighty close he will find more fans turning on him.
I just can't see Mourinho changing at this point, he's always been very much it's my way or the highway, or so they say.

The thing is, Ferguson could be a bit like this too. Look at what happened with Stam, Beckham, even RvN. He always delivered in the end though and we trusted him because of that, plus he did a good job of changing with the times when he needed to. Despite his CV Moutinho just doesn't have the trust of most fans.

I'm not sure Mourinho can adapt like Ferguson either, and although we really should get rid of players that undermine or don't perform for him, people are much more likely to side with the players this time around as it's the 'exciting' players we want to see do well who are struggling under his management.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yes. Fans are fed up with the style of football and feel that with the talent in our squad we should be a lot closer to City. I've always maintained that I don't believe the gap in points isn't due to the difference in quality. Some of it is. But not to the extent of a 16 point gap. I don't want Mourinho gone yet but if we are still playing this dull tumescent football next season after another summer of big spending I'll lose my patience with him.
If things haven't improved by the end of next season then not a single person will defend him. It will most probably turn sour early into the session if we drop behind early on and play crap football.

Stacks

See, that's the thing. Some stare blindly at points and results and make their judgment on whether we've improved or not purely off that, and some of us look beyond just points and results and focus on the level of our performances, and on that front we can't really see much of an improvement. Our attacking football is shite and we're not creating many chances, we're defending poorly despite having conceded only 26 (largely thanks to our goalkeeper, as we all know), and we're very lucky to have come away from it with the results that we have.
Well sure. Thats the point of tables and cups. Its the best measurement especially over 38 games, unless you believe in miracles. Our attacking football is shite but better than under Van Gaal. Last season it was actually pretty good for most of the season and finishing was lacklustre. That said, due to Jose experience and the fact that he frequently finishes at the top end of the table, I find it hard to subscribe thats its all a fluke. Our record against the big 5 was impressive and on talent alone, we should beat most other teams. If we have been lucky to be 2nd, give me a list of games that we are lucky to have won which would see us slide down the table.

pocco

loco
So City should be ahead of us because they spend more than us right? Now riddle me this, how the feck are teams we outspent almost on par with us and even managing to play better football, oh and :lol: too
Not to make excuses but we were a 6th or 7th placed team over the last few years. Our squad quite obviously dog shit by our standards. Mourinho has spent money but has had the usual success rate with his signings so far. No manger has a 100% success rate with signings, hence why we're still be behind.

Playing devil's advocate a bit but that's the obvious answer to your riddle.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
If things haven't improved by the end of next season then not a single person will defend him. It will most probably turn sour early into the session if we drop behind early on and play crap football.
Prepare to be surprised then. People will find new scapegoat and blame other clubs for spending big money.

pocco

loco
Prepare to be surprised then. People will find new scapegoat and blame other clubs for spending big money.
Obviously nobody knows how the season will unfold, but if it's anything like this season then I think people will struggle to find a way of defending him. Especially if we have a big summer again this year.

I defend Mourinho where I think it's fair to do so, but I won't have much to say if we have the same again next season. I'm already finding myself agreeing with some of the criticism. It'll fall on deaf ears if anybody wants to defend him next season, provided things don't get better.

JK-27

Facts are when both Pep and Jose came to take charge of their respective clubs, they found them on the same level points wise in the league. After 1 season jn charge Pep finished 9 points above Jose then the following season the gap widen to 16 points.

Do people seriously believe Jose has what it takes to overtake Pep? Throughout their whole carreer Pep has always had Jose numbers except the odd exceptions here and there.
Sorry, but this just shows how blinded you are. The odd occasion :lol:

Here's a history lesson for you. Pep was ruling La Liga with Barcelona, winning three titles on the trot. Real were in the duldrums and couldn't win anything, so they turned to a manager called Jose Mourinho to try and turn things round. In his second season he not only won La Liga, but did so against Pep's vaunted Barca side (who have been called the best team ever) and also and I quote 'broke a number of records including: 100 points in a single season, 121 goals scored, a goal difference of +89, 16 away wins, and 32 overall wins.' That is not an odd exception. That is a class manager achieving what many thought was unachievable, and beating Pep's Barca in the process.

Also, coming from being 2-0 down and outplayed in the first half at the Etihad, with City looking to stroll their way to the title winning it at their home ground against their hated local rivals, and then turning it around to win 3-2 is not an odd exception.

You're drunk on your hatred mate, you need to step away :lol:

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
What will be the excuse when we are still witnessing shit on a stick football next season?
I can think of loads:

1. Ed Woodward is clueless, signed the wrong players / didn't get all of Jose's targets; Glazers didn't invest enough money
2. Fellaini / Young / Smalling / Sanchez / Rashford / Lingard / Mata
3. Something rotten in the club, LVG / Fergie left us in a bigger mess than we'd thought
4. Fans at OT too quiet
5. Online fans too ungrateful
6. Footballers these days too soft
7. Should sack Carrick, no idea what he's contributing
8. Pep Guardiola is my idol spent more money, Flopp has Salah, Poch has Kane, Chelsea still has a title winning squad built by Jose
9. Still better than LVG's football
10. Amazing overachievement by Jose to get top 4 when surrounded by so much shite

Oldyella

Did I miss something? CL Semis haven't been played and already Liverpool are in the final? If you're so good at predicting the future surely you would bet your house on this actually happening. Put your money where your mouth is :devil:
Being in a semi final is a pretty good shot at making a final I think. Just like we have a good shot at reaching the FA cup final.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Being in a semi final is a pretty good shot at making a final I think. Just like we have a good shot at reaching the FA cup final.
Funny that. It seems a foregone conclusion that we'll lose to Spurs and Liverpool will get to the CL final for many on here. Despite the fact that Roma have had the toughest route to their destination so far out of all the teams.

Greck

Funny that. It seems a foregone conclusion that we'll lose to Spurs and Liverpool will get to the CL final for many on here. Despite the fact that Roma have had the toughest route to their destination so far out of all the teams.
It's not forgone. Most of us are just trying to jinx it

King Kana

Supports
Chelsea
Why don’t the wailers on here put some money together and fly a banner over old trafford? Show the world how they truly feel. You want him out so instead of crying on a forum let your voice heard at the next game.

And while you’re at it make some “We want Pep, or Klopp, or Poch, or Howe” banners since it’s anyone but Jose apparently.

Bunch of pansies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Why don’t the wailers on here put some money together and fly a banner over old trafford? Show the world how they truly feel. You want him out so instead of crying on a forum let your voice heard at the next game.

And while you’re at it make some “We want Pep, or Klopp, or Poch, or Howe” banners since it’s anyone but Jose apparently.

Bunch of pansies.
What do you call the players who drove him out of your club by the way?

Oldyella

Bunch of pansies.
Grow up.

Greck

Bunch of pansies.
You don't seem to handle difference of opinion very well. Every one of your posts have this theme

Santoryo

ripping the reward

First of all I'd like to apologize because after re reading my post, I realized I came a bit to strong and confrontational. That really isn't me.

Now as to your post, I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't be happy seeing your team spend a fortune and still play terrible football. You talked about patience and willingness to still hypothetically back Klopp even if you didn't make top 4. But that's saying it without mentioning the different specifics which would allow you to tolerate such happening.

What you'll be telling yourself is that you're seeing improvement, a clear direction and players at hands improving. These are cause for optimism and would allow anyone to be willing and wait for things to come to fruition. However that's not the case with us.

The complains are about the way we play, lots of people aren't seeing any long term plan, nor is Mourinho improving his players. In fact most of them have gotten worse since his arrival and this is without mentioning that his own acquisitions haven't worked out and there rumors of some being sold. Not only does he have issues with some of his players already but the problems are only proliferating as time goes on and that is simply unacceptable.

Just sit around, think about Klopp spending a fortune, have you guys play some insipid football with no clear direction, easily attracting controversies(the bad ones, the ones that affect your club), falling out with his own star players, failing to get the best out of his own players, all these among other many issues that comes with Mourinho. Do you think you'll be able to easily take all that with a tranquil face thinking that any question mark aver such a guy isn't justified? I seriously doubt that.

By the way our defensive organization hasn't been as good as you're presenting it. We've allowed teams far too many chances to call our defensive structure that solid.

Kapardin

I think the problem is no matter who the manager is, we lack an X factor in attack, and even spending in the summer does not elevate it at all. Look at other clubs - Klopp buying Mane and Salah with both having phenomenal first seasons, Poch bringing through Harry Kane who's become their talisman, City being stocked with superstars and adding Sane and Jesus on top of that. Even Arsenal bought Auba and boom, he's hit the ground running. Earlier it was Sanchez for them ofc.

I guess Chelsea and ourselves are the odd ones out. In our case, we haven't had an attacker come in and thrill us with a dazzling season since RvP. Even Sanchez has failed so far.

Be it a tactical or a personnel problem, only when this issue is addressed will our dissatisfied fans get what they want.

fellaini's barber

Jose could refuse to go after any attacking fullback, or buy some equally as inept in attack as Young and Valencia for their defensive ability, sell Martial and Pogba, make Matic and Fellaini the core of his midfield, play hoofball all next season yet Jose fans will say we're crap because all those same players are shit, and Pep spent more money.

fellaini's barber

I can think of loads:

1. Ed Woodward is clueless, signed the wrong players / didn't get all of Jose's targets; Glazers didn't invest enough money
3. Something rotten in the club, LVG / Fergie left us in a bigger mess than we'd thought
4. Fans at OT too quiet
8. Pep Guardiola is my idol spent more money, Flopp has Salah, Poch has Kane, Chelsea still has a title winning squad built by Jose
10. Amazing overachievement by Jose to get top 4 when surrounded by so much shite
You have it all covered

RedCurry

I can think of loads:

4. Fans at OT too quiet
Cringy but that's exactly what we as a set of fans are reduced to. Poch has Kane, Klopp has Salah, Pep has De Bruyne but how come Jose doesn't have an equivalent main man? That's because he hasn't been able to take a top class player and turn him into a near world class player during his time with us. He should ultimately be judged based on things like these.

King Kana

Supports
Chelsea
You don't seem to handle difference of opinion very well. Every one of your posts have this theme
Incorrect. Just pointing out that your club has always been the one club (other than arsenal) that doesn’t tolerate player power and lets the manager get on with it.

Seems you want to be like Chelsea. Which is fine if that’s what you want. Would be a shame though.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Cringy but that's exactly what we as a set of fans are reduced to. Poch has Kane, Klopp has Salah, Pep has De Bruyne but how come Jose doesn't have an equivalent main man? That's because he hasn't been able to take a top class player and turn him into a near world class player during his time with us. He should ultimately be judged based on things like these.
The answer, clearly, is that Jose inherited a squad of shit from LVG, and moreover our useless scouts and tightwad board haven't given Jose a Kane, Salah, or De Bruyne to develop.

Sarcasm aside, if he's really going to sell Pogba and Martial, I hope that he'll at the very least get the best out of Sanchez. If Sanchez hasn't already irreversibly declined, then we've still got an established world class outfield player on our hands whom Jose doesn't need to develop.

Incorrect. Just pointing out that your club has always been the one club (other than arsenal) that doesn’t tolerate player power and lets the manager get on with it.

Seems you want to be like Chelsea. Which is fine if that’s what you want. Would be a shame though.
It's not about supporting the players over the manager (well, mostly :nervous:). Many of us don't like the direction the manager is taking us and don't have the confidence in him to set us on a sustainable path. We see so many attacking players underperforming, watch him falling out with his players, note the similarities to his history at other clubs, and believe that a large part of the problem lies with him rather than with the players. That's about it.

clarkydaz

The answer, clearly, is that Jose inherited a squad of shit from LVG, and moreover our useless scouts and tightwad board haven't given Jose a Kane, Salah, or De Bruyne to develop.

Sarcasm aside, if he's really going to sell Pogba and Martial, I hope that he'll at the very least get the best out of Sanchez. If Sanchez hasn't already irreversibly declined, then we've still got an established world class outfield player on our hands whom Jose doesn't need to develop.

It's not about supporting the players over the manager (well, mostly :nervous:). Many of us don't like the direction the manager is taking us and don't have the confidence in him to set us on a sustainable path. We see so many attacking players underperforming, watch him falling out with his players, note the similarities to his history at other clubs, and believe that a large part of the problem lies with him rather than with the players. That's about it.
the players he inherited are shit
the fans are shit
the players he spent millions on are shit
the hotels are shit
he could tell all week that a bad performance was coming, but alas, he was unable to do anything about it

we're lucky to have him :drool:

Swift Football

For the outsiders like you who do not watch us play every week, yes Jose has done a great job. We surely have progressed and can still end up with a cup which might not be the case with you or Spurs who might finish the season empty handed.

However, there comes a point when you cannot watch dull football anymore regardless of where we are positioned in the table and regardless of what we win. Being in 2nd is not quite winning league title after all, and if we were in the 1st position with same dire performances, some people will still be happy considering its kind of trade-off, but unfortunately we are not 1st either.

Nobody is debating if we have progressed under Jose, but the debate is why we are not seeing any signs of improvement in the performances. Given the personnel and resources at our disposal, we should see a genuine playing style which we have not.

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I have changed to wanting Jose out. I don't buy this progress stuff. People said we made progress under LVG as well with how stable the defense had become. Yes we have made "progress" with Mourinho but it isn't the progress we wanted. We all wanted and expected more. I expected a league race and a better run in the CL.

You can throw all the stats but I do not see him fixing this team. If he was given 5 more years I see us finishing in top 3 consistently and maybe, just maybe winning the league if other teams are really bad. We could possibly fluke a CL under him.

I don't know if Mourinho has lost his touch or what but 2 seasons are enough to get an idea of where this is headed. Will support him and the team but I don't see it happening.

Ban

One more victory which doesn't change a thing. A victory from the players not cause of him but despite of him.

Donnie Brasco

He's most creative player has played like half the games in the league this year, and of course nobody in the media or in our own fanbase don't make any excuses for him.
While for Pep, Pochettino, or Klopp they would make 247 excuses if Kane, De Bruyne, Silva etc. wouldn't play.

Listar

One point behind despite spending millions more, and more green smileys. Can't be bothered with people who seem to think green smileys make their point more valid

Guys, y'all realise City have been outspending us long before Pep came along right? If it was all about money then LVG should have been finishing above Liverpool shouldn't he? Pep while inheriting a better squad has done a lot to mould it and brought in more players who have lifted them up a level. Jose bought players too, and they are all struggling. What would be the excuse next season if we're still still struggling against Newcastle and Westbrom next season as I'm sure we will, money? Is lack of spending the reason we're hoofing to Fellaini two seasons after Jose? Is our lack of spending really the reason our attack look worse than some midtable clubs? Is money the reason we couldn't beat Sevilla over two legs? How much do you think we need to close that 16 point gap City have on us?
One point behind?:lol:

Anyway, if I do agree with you that money is not an excuse, then what excuse are you giving poch and klopp for falling behind united?:angel:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I have changed to wanting Jose out. I don't buy this progress stuff. People said we made progress under LVG as well with how stable the defense had become. Yes we have made "progress" with Mourinho but it isn't the progress we wanted. We all wanted and expected more. I expected a league race and a better run in the CL.

You can throw all the stats but I do not see him fixing this team. If he was given 5 more years I see us finishing in top 3 consistently and maybe, just maybe winning the league if other teams are really bad. We could possibly fluke a CL under him.

I don't know if Mourinho has lost his touch or what but 2 seasons are enough to get an idea of where this is headed. Will support him and the team but I don't see it happening.
You're wilfully disregarding the meaning of progress having introduced it into the conversation yourself. Was 2 trophies and Champions s League qualification progress in his first season? Is a 2nd place finish, our best points haul post Fergie, qualification from our CL group as winners and a possible FA cup progress this season? Unquestionably. So what's progress next season? A genuine challenge for the title? Definitely. Which we won't get near playing the rubbish we do at the moment. So that's his challenge. We can't see the wood for the shite football at the moment but to say he's not progressing us is naive. LVG brought progress in his first year, then went backwards and paid for it. When Jose goes in to reverse, your points become valid.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
You're wilfully disregarding the meaning of progress having introduced it into the conversation yourself. Was 2 trophies and Champions s League qualification progress in his first season? Is a 2nd place finish, our best points haul post Fergie, qualification from our CL group as winners and a possible FA cup progress this season? Unquestionably. So what's progress next season? A genuine challenge for the title? Definitely. Which we won't get near playing the rubbish we do at the moment. So that's his challenge. We can't see the wood for the shite football at the moment but to say he's not progressing us is naive. LVG brought progress in his first year, then went backwards and paid for it. When Jose goes in to reverse, your points become valid.
I suppose it depends on how we define progress. Obviously there has been some progress but Arsenal a few seasons ago finished second progressing from last season so I don't think just "progress" means a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.