Jose | Water(bottle)gate and refs in zoos

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Jose is being stupid. He has been charged by the FA before and knows how things work and yet keeps doing the same thing over and over. It would not just be the bottle. There has to be something more to it.

The FA cannot be so biased while letting Wenger go and charging Jose. Him behaving this way is adding more pressure on the team and himself. Thought he would have matured by now. Keeps screwing up with stupid decisions on the field and outside as well.
Maybe the missus wants him to go Christmas shopping at the weekends?

Irrational.

It was coming really.

We are the club the FA loves to make an example out of. Doesn't matter what other clubs or managers do. The appointment of Mourinho has made that ten times worse.

He's just going to have to watch games from the stands with his notepad and pen, mute and motionless from now on, like a certain Dutch ex-manager of ours used to do.

Meanwhile, managers like Conte, Klopp and Guardiola will be allowed to jump and squeal every second of the game, shouting as many profanities as they like like some spoilt teenager with Tourettes. If directed at a match official, they'll get a smile and a pat on the back. What a character.

VanGaalEra

Okay but he wasn't complaining about the offside being incorrect. It was frustration that he knew the game was lost.
How do you know what he was or wasn't complaining about?

He celebrated the goal for a good few seconds before realising it was ruled out and kicked the bottle.

ash_86

Alternate Reality: Mourinho is at his best when everyone (FA, media) is against him. I say this could be a plot he laid out himself to get to that stage. Now watch United win 5 b2b PL games.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Feck off FA, why didn't you charge Wenger for the exact same thing in 2009? Not only did they not charge him, but even issued a public apology the cnuts.

MarchingOn

Past tired of referees trying to make a show out of Jose and United. Klopp can abuse them all he likes, but Jose can't kick a water bottle. The FA fail to do their job again.

Boycott

The Wenger incident happened with 30 seconds to go. The whole reason he went up to the block by the Utd fans rather than in the stands is because by the time he'd have got up there the game would have been over.

Irrational.

Jose is being stupid. He has been charged by the FA before and knows how things work and yet keeps doing the same thing over and over. It would not just be the bottle. There has to be something more to it.

The FA cannot be so biased while letting Wenger go and charging Jose. Him behaving this way is adding more pressure on the team and himself. Thought he would have matured by now. Keeps screwing up with stupid decisions on the field and outside as well.
I think that's just Jose's style though. A passionate manager that lives and breathes every moment on the pitch and struggles to keep his emotions in check. Quite frankly I don't blame him given the kind of decisions we've been getting by the immune refs.

If it was Liverpool, there would be T-shirts, online campaigns and boycotting. We're better than that though.

We need to stick by Jose and give him our unwavering support through this difficult time.

kps88

How do you know what he was or wasn't complaining about?

He celebrated the goal for a good few seconds before realising it was ruled out and kicked the bottle.
You answered your own question there. Surely you can see the difference between the two when you take into account the context? One was against the referee, the other was frustration at losing the game.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If a coach can't show to his players how to finish a chance...

Witchking

I think that's just Jose's style though. A passionate manager that lives and breathes every moment on the pitch and struggles to keep his emotions in check. Quite frankly I don't blame him given the kind of decisions we've been getting by the immune refs.

If it was Liverpool, there would be T-shirts, online campaigns and boycotting. We're better than that though.

We need to stick by Jose and give him our unwavering support through this difficult time.
I am not saying that we should not support him. I am saying that he is making it very difficult for him and the team. We are out of the title race in November for the 4th season running.

We need to try and get back to back wins, instead we just can't build up momentum, plus him not being there at the touchline makes it difficult for his ideas to be carried on to the pitch, however good Rui Faria may be.

Just need to keep our head down and accept the decision, move on and try to be in control and things might start looking up.

AXVnee7

I like to see the passion, but somehow I think if he had just angrily flailed his arms around instead he'd have no charges.

What worries me though, is that this kind of thing can transmit to the players. I don't want the players to start blaming the referee, everything is against us etc. It's themselves, and themselves only who need to improve.

stevoc

In all of this kerfuffle the victim seems to have been forgotten, has there been any word on the condition of the bottle?

TheReligion

Abusive
The FA would rather watch videos of Mourinho kicking a water bottle than concentrate on investigating child sex abuse.

Tells you all you need to know.

Irrational.

I am not saying that we should not support him. I am saying that he is making it very difficult for him and the team. We are out of the title race in November for the 4th season running.

We need to try and get back to back wins, instead we just can't build up momentum, plus him not being there at the touchline makes it difficult for his ideas to be carried on to the pitch, however good Rui Faria may be.

Just need to keep our head down and accept the decision, move on and try to be in control and things might start looking up.
Agreed. This season has been incredibly frustrating and stop-start so far. Jose will probably tone it down after this which is a shame, I enjoy watching his passion on the touchline. Meanwhile we'll be forced to watch replays after replays of Conte and Klopp celebrating like knobheads.

The FA would rather watch videos of Mourinho kicking a water bottle than concentrate on investigating child sex abuse.

Tells you all you need to know.
The efficiency at which the evidence was reviewed and Jose was charged, all within 24 hours is pretty impressive you have to admit.

Their priorities are poppies, defending refs and charging Manchester United. Everything else comes second.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'd imagine that when Klopp and Conte come to OT there will be some musical renditions politely telling them to sit down.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
So is it just for kicking the bottle? Did Mourinho say anything to the fourth official? That need to be clarified.

MarchingOn

So is it just for kicking the bottle? Did Mourinho say anything to the fourth official? That need to be clarified.
Everyone knows what Klopp said to the 4th official on Saturday. Let's see if he's charged.

Sometimes it helps to be a small club like Liverpool.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Everyone knows what Klopp said to the 4th official on Saturday. Let's see if he's charged.

Sometimes it helps to be a small club like Liverpool.
I don't care. Did Mourinho say anything?

It would be interesting if that was put forward as an argument, but right now we don't actually know the full extent of what he did.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not surprised he's as frustrated as the rest of us.

There is nothing more frustrating than not getting the results your play demands. We'd have been cursing ONE of these 4 draws under Fergie, so 4 in a row is getting incredible.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Sending a manager off for kicking a water bottle is ridiculous.

Nevertheless, Mourinho should know that the FA watches him closely and adjust his behavior accordingly. As we've seen over and over in his career, he has very little self-control and is prone to doing or saying stupid things in the heat of the moment that hurt his own team.

C'est Moi Cantona

Fully behind Jose, the FA however seem to have an issue with him, can only hope the injustice inspires the team.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The FA really do take this whole 'immune to criticism' thing way too far.

He kicked a water bottle for crying out loud. You'd think he was leading the Stretford End in a chorus of 'The referee's a wanker'.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If he gets a 4 match ban, he might as well donate his pay for those games to charity. The biggest bottler on the team is the manager, imagine that. If Giggsy was still the assistant manager, he'd have been embarrassed by this clown.