Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.

worcesterred

Jose's interview is a bit strong.

"We're the luckiest team in the world, We were a disgrace of a performance"

And I'm not caring, winning cups doesn't matter. Our standards have been set long ago and we're not going to accept that from any United team. No way should we take any glory from that."

MAME DIOUF 32

Jose looks pissed off. Or just being indifferent to the whole thing. I don't blame him, we were shite.
Maybe he's remembering that we've still got a CL place to try to grab and two more trophies we have a chance at winning. We won't do any of them playing like that.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think he realizes it is only the Carling cup and there is still a huge part of the season left.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I'm not entirely convinced on the first part but it does seem likely he's got stuff going on in his personal life too. He's still living away from his wife and kid(s) isn't he?
He is and his son hugged him right after the game, maybe after all these years he's questioning the personal sacrifice in the pursuit of success at loss of spending time with his family. With his Dad's ill health it brings it all into sharp focus, and when he sacrifices so much to be betrayed by a bunch of players he put all his energy into I think you start to question the value of it all. It's just a tough personal space for him in his life and he's figuring out whilst managing one of the biggest teams in the world. I still think he loves coaching but his world view has probably changed quite a lot in the last year or so.

And I am aware of how strange this is to read just off of body language and interviews and intuition but I don't think anyone can deny his whole demeanour has changed in the last 2 years.

Fener1907

Too many amateur psychologists on here. It's the League Cup. Nobody's going to be jumping to the stars over this trophy. Plus, he loves his doing his little moody routine anyway.

Swearing Budgie

Too many amateur psychologists on here. It's the League Cup. Nobody's going to be jumping to the stars over this trophy. Plus, he loves his doing his little moody routine anyway.
It's more than that though. Looked like he had guffed and followed through.

#brownloaded

JoaquinJoaquin

Hope he is OK. It does look quite concerning that he has never seemed the same since being sacked by Chelsea.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think as well Jose has won everything so this cup doesnt really mean much to him.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It is time for the expectancy to turn into genuine optimism, and sadly some fans still have a despondent mindset and attitude and regard Rostov as a "tough draw". We can win 3 cups this season. Time to give the manager our full backing and allow ourselves to dream of winning again.
I think the problem is that a lot of fans have become so used to losing, that even when faced with the mighty Rostov, they basically crap their pants.
Earlier this season, for example, we were facing Crystal Palace. So many MUFC fans in the match day thread were terrified of Zaha. It was as if we were facing Messi. Needless to say, when Zaha played against us, we nullified him - he was useless.

It may take another full season under Jose, for fans to be confident against the likes of Rostov or Midgetland.

TheReligion

Abusive
He was emotional. This time last year he had no job and Chelsea had sacked him. Now he's at his dream club back winning trophies. It's been a rollercoaster of ups and downs.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He should be emotional. He's now officially our second most successful manager of the post-Fergie era.

kps88

Always fun seeing everyone try to guess why he wasn't smiling.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
he was being rightly modest. Great as it is to win this cup, its still the micky mouse cup. For me his reaction was appropriate and perfect.

He is here to be measured by his PL and CL wins.

jimmyb2000

I'm glad he's pissed...to me it show's we have a genuine winner in charge of us again.

Any more performances like that and we can kiss goodbye to top 4, FA cup and Europa Cup successes.

shaky

Reading into his personal life? Give me a break. He just wants to play well and was ashamed at winning his first trophy at Utd with a poor display. He's always acted weird after winning things anyway. Didn't he give his Chelsea league medal to some random punter in the crowd like he didn't care about it?

Smores

He was emotional. This time last year he had no job and Chelsea had sacked him. Now he's at his dream club back winning trophies. It's been a rollercoaster of ups and downs.
Thats what i took from his behaviour as well but only Jose knows.

His is not a personality that takes being sacked well, every moment to prove doubters wrog has got to feel good.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Why does he look so miserable?
Must be something related to his son Bieber look.

More seriously perhaps it has something to do with his father health. He has been struggling. José was here on January because of that

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
He's not getting carried away. We've won the League Cup, but still have our most important games to come.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
He's taken so much shit off the media etc in the last 12 months and now here he is back winning trophies again. Been through a lot of low points recently and it was probably quite emotional for him.

redzombie

win aside, that was a really poor performance today, I'd be more shocked to see him bouncing around and celebrating. we have standards here.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's distraught because he might miss the episode about the Kim Kardashian robbery which is on telly tonight.

Fener1907

he was being rightly modest. Great as it is to win this cup, its still the micky mouse cup. For me his reaction was appropriate and perfect.

He is here to be measured by his PL and CL wins.
Yep, exactly. Some people are too caught up unnecessarily analyzing things. They must spend too much time watching all of those shite detective shows.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Reading into his personal life? Give me a break. He just wants to play well and was ashamed at winning his first trophy at Utd with a poor display. He's always acted weird after winning things anyway. Didn't he give his Chelsea league medal to some random punter in the crowd?
I know we were bad but he looked like he was about to cry or that he had indeed already cried. The comment about looking emotional because of the pressure of the game was a rare slip as well, the spritely young tactician who had a plan for every situation is long gone, it was definitely a big emotional release that is not entirely related to the standard of play.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Not only do we have Caf physios, but now we have people so adept at psychology they can read Jose quitting for personal reasons out of a post match interview.

NC11

Just watched his interview on sky again - He's not happy because we didn't play well and he thought we should've been playing extra time now, with Southampton probably having more freshness then UTD during those 30min. Also, he's emotional whenever he wins something. That's all there is to it and I'm glad he cares!

gica_7

Is that fake quotes? If so you can feck off back to the newbies.
He changed Sir Alex's quotes from this interview:

Reading into his personal life? Give me a break. He just wants to play well and was ashamed at winning his first trophy at Utd with a poor display. He's always acted weird after winning things anyway. Didn't he give his Chelsea league medal to some random punter in the crowd like he didn't care about it?
Yup. Just check his reactions after winning CL with Porto. He was dying to leave the stage. I mean, it doesn't get bigger to win CL with Porto ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.