6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Missed our best 3 chances, including an absolute sitter. Yet was still, by a mile, our MOTM.

Shows just how utterly shite everyone else was.

Enigma_87

You know who
Best attacking outlet today, but his finishing really let him down. He should've buried at least 2 of those 3 chances.

Boycott

He was fine. Him and Valencia were threatening but they had no support. Should have buried the second chance. 1st and 3rd were hard to be fair. The 1st would have been better if he steered it towards Rooney/Fellaini for a tap in.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
It's a shame he missed those chances but he was showing for every ball and not hiding like the rest of them. Probably our most creative player which doesn't say a lot.

Bwuk

Team needs to be built around him and AdM. The only players who look like doing something half the time!

LeftyBlaster

Best offensive player today. I've said it before but he's been far more involved in our build up play which is very good to see. Crying shame about those chances he missed but we really should be creating far more than that.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Gave the ball away too many times to even think he was something remote to class today.

Not his day, not his everything today.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Not sure about the praise here. He was ok at best and if anyone else had missed those chances they would get plenty of grief.

Valencia was our best attacking player and he was bang average himself.

VanGaalEra

Voted him MOTM.

He carried the ball forward, played with urgency, passed well and got into good positions. Really should have taken one of the three chances though, especially the second one.

Our best player the last 4-6 weeks.

DevilRed

Very slow player and he had a bit of a shocker in front of goal today.

In my opinion he should be played on the wing (yes he CAN play there) or dropped for Herrera.

gasmanc

Banned
He is slow, he falls down the moment someone touches him, he misses our best changes. If he is one of our best players ... we are in trouble!
Looses the ball the minute someone brushes him with a feather, turns like an ocean liner and runs like he's got a couch on his back.
How is a small technically gifted spaniard even remotely guilty of the above.
It's not normal.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Basically flicked/dinked the ball to the left back 50 times in an aesthetically pleasing way.
Well done Juan!

Roboc7

Slow on the ball, missed sitters and went missing for long spells but was still one of our better players. So limited physically and with our current group of players that is a real problem.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Should have scored! Otherwise good performance but should really have done better with the chances he had today.

Ludens the Red

His performances are starting to get much better, not just all statistics now which is good, if we could just now move Rooney far away from him so he can become more dominant in that position.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Played well again. Shame he missed the chances though, the first was a bit difficult to control really, even if the keeper was down, still should've scored. The second where he hit it over was a sitter though.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Bar the misses, he was our best attacking player. Gutted he missed those three chances.

Brophs

The One and Only
He was quite good, I thought. He's missed a lot of easy chances - by his standards - this season, though, weirdly.

Devil may care

Better than Di Maria and Rooney today but that isn't saying much, all the same old circular arguments surrounding him as usual so I'm not gonna bother getting involved in it, just not the type of player I want to see in that role at United.

nick2004

Why people believe that he did well today?

He missed three good chances. He gave zero assists. He never defends.

What does it mean to "do well"? He seemed useless to me.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Felt ADM should have played in his position, I'm not a Mata fan,
his characteristics are better suited to as a 2nd forward rather than what we need.

kundalini

Why people believe that he did well today?

He missed three good chances. He gave zero assists. He never defends.

What does it mean to "do well"? He seemed useless to me.
I noticed one good moment from Mata when he surged up the pitch but otherwise I thought he was rubbish.

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought he was probably our best player. He should've tucked one of those chances away though.

thejtrain

A little anonymous and clueless when in position at times in the first half, but he was fine otherwise. His chances if taken would make differences in games like this and I wish he'd taken one of them at least. :(

saivet

Weird game. In terms of his general play, he was our best player going forward, however, missing though 3 big chances is criminal and all that matters at the end of the day

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
MOTM? No way. He hid away for most of the game and missed three very easy chances.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
The finishing wasn't there...but when you've had Di Maria, Rooney and RVP playing as forwards, why is Mata on the end of the 3 most notable chances? I thought generally he was fine, he drove us forward more than anyone else, he got past Soton's midfield more than Rooney did and he recycled possession very well.

One goal and he's player of the year on here...or he misses the chances and he's hidden away and done nothing good.

Status
Not open for further replies.