View full 2014-15 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed our best 3 chances, including an absolute sitter. Yet was still, by a mile, our MOTM.

Shows just how utterly shite everyone else was.

Tough chances but would've expected him to get one of the first two. Only player that looked like scoring though.

Best attacking outlet today, but his finishing really let him down. He should've buried at least 2 of those 3 chances.

He was fine. Him and Valencia were threatening but they had no support. Should have buried the second chance. 1st and 3rd were hard to be fair. The 1st would have been better if he steered it towards Rooney/Fellaini for a tap in.

It's a shame he missed those chances but he was showing for every ball and not hiding like the rest of them. Probably our most creative player which doesn't say a lot.

Team needs to be built around him and AdM. The only players who look like doing something half the time!

Best offensive player today. I've said it before but he's been far more involved in our build up play which is very good to see. Crying shame about those chances he missed but we really should be creating far more than that.

Easily the MOTM. Felt like he's the only one who could play football today.

You kidding right? If I could give him a negative rating I would. Couldn't even put on target the two best chances we had all game long. When he's not adding goals, he's useless.

Gave the ball away too many times to even think he was something remote to class today.

Not his day, not his everything today.

Not sure about the praise here. He was ok at best and if anyone else had missed those chances they would get plenty of grief.

Valencia was our best attacking player and he was bang average himself.

Voted him MOTM.

He carried the ball forward, played with urgency, passed well and got into good positions. Really should have taken one of the three chances though, especially the second one.

Our best player the last 4-6 weeks.

Very slow player and he had a bit of a shocker in front of goal today.

In my opinion he should be played on the wing (yes he CAN play there) or dropped for Herrera.

He is slow, he falls down the moment someone touches him, he misses our best changes. If he is one of our best players ... we are in trouble!
Looses the ball the minute someone brushes him with a feather, turns like an ocean liner and runs like he's got a couch on his back.
How is a small technically gifted spaniard even remotely guilty of the above.
It's not normal.

Basically flicked/dinked the ball to the left back 50 times in an aesthetically pleasing way.
Well done Juan!

Slow on the ball, missed sitters and went missing for long spells but was still one of our better players. So limited physically and with our current group of players that is a real problem.

Should have scored! Otherwise good performance but should really have done better with the chances he had today.

His performances are starting to get much better, not just all statistics now which is good, if we could just now move Rooney far away from him so he can become more dominant in that position.

Played well again. Shame he missed the chances though, the first was a bit difficult to control really, even if the keeper was down, still should've scored. The second where he hit it over was a sitter though.

Bar the misses, he was our best attacking player. Gutted he missed those three chances.

He was quite good, I thought. He's missed a lot of easy chances - by his standards - this season, though, weirdly.

Can't wait for his blog tonight....
tumblr_mo3h5xupMV1rxy0iho1_500.gif

But, I thought he did OK. Far from the worst

Better than Di Maria and Rooney today but that isn't saying much, all the same old circular arguments surrounding him as usual so I'm not gonna bother getting involved in it, just not the type of player I want to see in that role at United.

Why people believe that he did well today?

He missed three good chances. He gave zero assists. He never defends.

What does it mean to "do well"? He seemed useless to me.

Felt ADM should have played in his position, I'm not a Mata fan,
his characteristics are better suited to as a 2nd forward rather than what we need.

Why people believe that he did well today?

He missed three good chances. He gave zero assists. He never defends.

What does it mean to "do well"? He seemed useless to me.

I noticed one good moment from Mata when he surged up the pitch but otherwise I thought he was rubbish.

I thought he was probably our best player. He should've tucked one of those chances away though.

A little anonymous and clueless when in position at times in the first half, but he was fine otherwise. His chances if taken would make differences in games like this and I wish he'd taken one of them at least. :(

Weird game. In terms of his general play, he was our best player going forward, however, missing though 3 big chances is criminal and all that matters at the end of the day

MOTM? No way. He hid away for most of the game and missed three very easy chances.

The finishing wasn't there...but when you've had Di Maria, Rooney and RVP playing as forwards, why is Mata on the end of the 3 most notable chances? I thought generally he was fine, he drove us forward more than anyone else, he got past Soton's midfield more than Rooney did and he recycled possession very well.

One goal and he's player of the year on here...or he misses the chances and he's hidden away and done nothing good.

MOTM? No way. He hid away for most of the game and missed three very easy chances.
Three very easy chances? Sure, that volley from the edge of the box was a piece of piss. Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.