Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Didnt let the penalty miss affect him, and looked to let it spur him on. His set up for the second goal was lovely..

Charlie Foley

I thought he recovered well from missing the penalty and was linking things up nicely in the second half. His cut back for the second goal was a sign of the little bit of drive that some have felt is lacking from him at times, needed to get to that and did. Also involved in the build up to number 3 (?) and a few other nice moments. The impetus of our other attackers certainly helped him I think.

If we're to do anything in Europe he's to be a big part of it, I feel.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I think all of them could - should - benefit from good performances tonight. Hopefully their confidence will be higher. I really want Mata to do well because he's such a good role model and a great ambassador for the club.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think he's been rather poor lately. From a player like him, especially now playing as a no.10, I'd expect much more tbh

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Apart from the travesty that was the first leg, he's been in good form for the last 5/6 games. I remember was the only player to come away from Sunderland with any credit.

saivet

Mediocre penalty but decent game for him. Some of the comments in the match day thread were excessive imo!

dichinero

This man was top today, for a slow player against the speedy Arsenal.

Hugs Juan

Oo0AahCantona

Juan, hererra, memphis and blind where excellent today. Really gave the kids a platform to express themselves. those little skills, just taking the absolute piss. :lol:

Devil may care

There were 2 or 3 occasions where his inability toi turn meant we couldn't get on the front foot to counter, but overall his use of the ball was excellent.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Man of the match for me. He's finally showing he's one of the most talented players in the PL. He's got the potential to be competing with Özil and the rest of the guys for being the best attacking midfielder.

jem

He was fantastic today - I think he excels in a pacy set-up, despite his own lack of pace. It seems to spur him on to pass more quickly and incisively. A real leader on the pitch today. Hugs Juan!

saivet

Good game for him. Involved in the build up to all our goals. Still amazes me how much stick he gets on here. Surprised no one has called him a coward, too weak, slow today.

Treble

Mata and Herrera should start together, no one at the expense of the other.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He really has some ridiculous talent on the ball. Showed decent pace today as well, surprisingly. Him and Herrera ran the game for us though. Keep him as the 10 and he can show how good he is.

Sid234

I think he alongside Schneiderlin would have covered the most ground today.. He was everywhere, tracking back and getting physical too. If Mourinho had a problem with Mata's effort off the ball in the past, that was definately not the case today

Norris

which minute?
After 85. Memphis had the ball in the corner, gave it to mata. He took the ball behind and basically flicked behind his legs and beat 2 players I think. Then passed it back to TFM or someone.

Raw

He's been so much better recently. Just shows how much he can improve when you have players making runs for him instead of staying static and passing it backwards.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Was instrumental today. Pleased to see him do well, great player when on form.

ottosec

Another great performance, he was very good almost every game since he got moved in the middle.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
With how Herrera and Schneiderlin constantly kept pressing higher up the pitch at points, he was excellent at filling in for them (at one point he was our DM!) and yeah... was just excellent with how he put himself about and covered ground. At one point he even got a sneaky kick in on Koscielny... which was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.