Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If we could have gotten a 16 year old Odegaard for £30m it would have been great value.

meamth

Can't understand the disagreement around here, for 30 million it's a decent price.

Real Madrid/Barcelona casually paid 30/40/50/60 million for youngsters from Santos/Corinthians/whatever brazilian team.

If he is the next big thing, why not?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We would be better off buying the guy who discovered him than the player himself. We do not appear to have anyone to spot young talent.
How many other top young talent do Birmingham have? Especially in comparison to us. Does every thread have to be polluted with all of this same shit. If you think we are useless, Ed will probably offer 20p haha, worst run club and whatever else - just stay out of the threads rather than disappoint yourselves.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Can't understand the disagreement around here, for 30 million it's a decent price.

Real Madrid/Barcelona casually paid 30/40/50/60 million for youngsters from Santos/Corinthians/whatever brazilian team.

That's the 30million quid question.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Agreed. Plus even if he doesn't come good we'd be able to recoup at least half the fee due to the fact he's British.

Contano

2022: Dean, Ethan, Harry, Axel, Brandon, Jadon, Jude, Hannibal, Mason, Anthony, Marcus

meamth

A combo of Bellingham/Mejbri/Gomes in our U23 side...it's formidable.

But, looking at his physique, he is already a full grown man! He will walk straight into our bench.

GJNJ

But, looking at his physique, he is already a full grown man! He will walk straight into our bench.
Great another injury. Feck sake Ole.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

We’ve obviously not scouted him, only watched obligatory YouTube video and read every fan forum without having a clue.

That’s why we’re signing him

JoaquinJoaquin

He has said he won't sign to play in the u23's. He will come right into the first team IF we sign him.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Have you watched him? What's he like?
I've watched him a bit but not enough to declare myself an expert. However what I've seen he's very technical, likes to dribble, small flick passe and has a excellent pitch overview. I personally think his shot could use some work. He's tall'ish and quite lanky, but age will see him put some meat on the bones, but right now he's easy to knock off the ball.

But he turned 16 late last year, September or August I think, so he's a very young talent who's netted 4 and has 1 assist in the Championship this season. But of course at 16 he's nowhere near the finished product or someone who's ready to participate now, but he certainly got enough upside to be a VERY good premier League player in 2-4 years time.

His upside is that of a potential gamebreaker. So I'm very happy we're going for this one.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He has said he won't sign to play in the u23's. He will come right into the first team IF we sign him.
Absolutely! Why sign to take a back step. He’s already playing the same competitive level James was last season so a loan back to Birmingham or a better Championship club makes sense.

Enigma_87

You know who
I've watched him a bit but not enough to declare myself an expert. However what I've seen he's very technical, likes to dribble, small flick passe and has a excellent pitch overview. I personally think his shot could use some work. He's tall'ish and quite lanky, but age will see him put some meat on the bones, but right now he's easy to knock off the ball.

But he turned 16 late last year, September or August I think, so he's a very young talent who's netted 4 and has 1 assist in the Championship this season. But of course at 16 he's nowhere near the finished product or someone who's ready to participate now, but he certainly got enough upside to be a VERY good premier League player in 2-4 years time.

His upside is that of a potential gamebreaker. So I'm very happy we're going for this one.
Sounds exciting then.

How is his defensive game and pressing? From what you said we can even use him in the first team as soon as this season (especially considering our state).

We definitely lack a creative mind in the middle of the park that also can create space both with movement and dribble.

Jezpeza

James has made the step up well. I think people forget what made us great - we used to sign the odd well scouted player from abroad like Heinze, Evra, Vidic, RVN, none broke the bank, but mainly signed the best players from smaller teams in the division (berbatov, tevez) or we bought the best young british players (Rio, Rooney, Carrick), or young players from abroad (nani, CR, Hernandez).

Dont get why everyone declares people like bellingham a pile of shit and wants us to go galactico/dream team and sign your neymars, mbappes, etc. We never did that.

Alemar

So we will be able to play a midfield trio of Fred-Bellingham-Mejbri in EPL In a couple of weeks. Sounds very promising!

James has made the step up well. I think people forget what made us great - we used to sign the odd well scouted player from abroad like Heinze, Evra, Vidic, RVN, none broke the bank, but mainly signed the best players from smaller teams in the division (berbatov, tevez) or we bought the best young british players (Rio, Rooney, Carrick), or young players from abroad (nani, CR, Hernandez).

Dont get why everyone declares people like bellingham a pile of shit and wants us to go galactico/dream team and sign your neymars, mbappes, etc. We never did that.
This is a really strange post, finished off with an odd rant.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm all for snapping up the best young players around but £30m for a 16year old championship player is madness. Not to mention we have Garner, Mejbri etc already at the club who both look quality midfielders in the making.

We don't have endless supplies of money contrary to what fans on here think. That £30m needs to be invested into first team squad right now. We have more talented youth players than I can remember for last 20 years. What we haven't got is many talented seniors.

Jezpeza

I'm all for snapping up the best young players around but £30m for a 16year old championship player is madness. Not to mention we have Garner, Mejbri etc already at the club who both look quality midfielders in the making.

We don't have endless supplies of money contrary to what fans on here think. That £30m needs to be invested into first team squad right now. We have more talented youth players than I can remember for last 20 years. What we haven't got is many talented seniors.
what does 30m buy you now that gives us a senior player that improves the squad? Answers on a postage stamp.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Foden would walk into the Man Utd team and be the best player. It's mind-boggling that Pep is too pussy to play him. That's what happens when you have too many outstanding midfielders. It's like De Bruyne and Mo Salah under Jose, they'd have been kept dumped on the bench had Jose kept them, yet become superstars as soon as the get minutes elsewhere
Yea you're vastly,vastly overrating him if you think he would be the best player at United, all Foden has done in his career so far is bully lower division sides in cup competitions, nothing suggests he's a better player than Greenwood who's one year younger.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

We have a annual EBIDTA of £150 million, and £250 million in the bank. MUFC is a VERY rich football club without relying on oilmoney.

The £30 million for a young starlet who is not ready to contribute today, is well within the operating budget of this football club.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We have a annual EBIDTA of £150 million, and £250 million in the bank. MUFC is a VERY rich football club without relying on oilmoney.

The £30 million for a young starlet who is not ready to contribute today, is well within the operating budget of this football club.
We spent about £45m NET in the summer. The purse strings are being tightened massively.

Champagne Football

W
Yea you're vastly,vastly overrating him if you think he would be the best player at United, all Foden has done in his career so far is bully lower division sides in cup competitions, nothing suggests he's a better player than Greenwood who's one year younger.
When I say be the best player, of course I mean up there with the best in the team. He'd be shite for 10 games, then he'd be world class after that once up to speed. If he was playing under Fergie or perhaps a Pochettino then he'd be in the team a long time ago.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
what does 30m buy you now that gives us a senior player that improves the squad? Answers on a postage stamp.
Considering we only spent £45m NET in the summer when taking into account who we sold.....I'd say that £30m could go towards a decent player for sure.

I have no issues signing players like this but not at the expense of neglecting the first team.

TheReligion

Abusive
What's your problem? I'm simply stating the article 10 days ago said 12.5 and It's now being quoted at 30m. I'm sure it could be the media just making figures up, as they do, but I also wouldn't for a second doubt ED would offer 30m just because we can do things that other clubs can only dream about.
I just get sick of the negativity on here and clear passive aggressive posts. Bores me.

Stadjer

When it comes to spending money to buy players it sometimes seems like a lot of people on this forum are still living somewhere before 2010....

If there is a young talented player who has the potential to be a worldclass player according to his club and/or scouts of the interested club than 30m has become 'quite normal'.

30m used to buy you a very good midfielder. 50mil a world class midfielder. Now a good player will be 70m (Bruno) and a world class player will be close to 100m.

Also if this player (whom i dont know) is really that good and will go to another club and be a succes in the premier league he will be 70m atleast.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
We spent about £45m NET in the summer. The purse strings are being tightened massively.
No they are not. We tried to land several more players but the deals couldn't be done. There is no tightening of purse strings or spending budget whatsoever. The club is simply targeting the players they want, and not 2nd best options.

Jezpeza

Considering we only spent £45m NET in the summer when taking into account who we sold.....I'd say that £30m could go towards a decent player for sure.

I have no issues signing players like this but not at the expense of neglecting the first team.
so no idea then

mu4c_20le

I'm all for snapping up the best young players around but £30m for a 16year old championship player is madness.
So you want the best young players but don't want to pay for them. Unfortunately he's a loyal lad who won't betray his boyhood club by walking out on them, and we have to beat out the competition to land him. This is a Sancho level talent, he's not going to cost peanuts.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So you want the best young players but don't want to pay for them. Unfortunately he's a loyal lad who won't betray his boyhood club by walking out on them, and we have to beat out the competition to land him. This is a Sancho level talent, he's not going to cost peanuts.
Liverpool got Harvey Barnes for nothing didn't they?

Classical Mechanic

We would be better off buying the guy who discovered him than the player himself. We do not appear to have anyone to spot young talent.
It's been posted on England forums for a few years by ITKs that his family didn't want him to join a CAT 1 academy because they thought his pathways were better lower down. They turned down many such offers apparently.

Jezpeza

No they are not. We tried to land several more players but the deals couldn't be done. There is no tightening of purse strings or spending budget whatsoever. The club is simply targeting the players they want, and not 2nd best options.
yeah. It’s almost like people think we haven't mainly been spending enormous money on any old s*** for 7 years and its got us nowhere. People still want to see us buying s*** so they can be happy but to restore us on the pitch we need to get the right players and no more panic buys

Status
Not open for further replies.