Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Well, I for one, always thought Klopp was a massive thunder cnut who's personality, demeanor, arrogance, bitterness and general hippy-ness meant he was a perfect fit for the most cnutish football club in history (Liverpool fyi). He's a detestable fecking prick.
amen

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
By the way, how did the protests against your US owners go?
Really well to be honest. Tom and George were forced out of the club (after dragging us through the high court) never to be seen again and we now have decent US owners in instead.

Peanut Butter

@Cassady getting her knickers in a right twist in here :lol:

This thread has gone off topic though. I will bring it back.

Under Deidre's super tactic gegen press, is next year Liverpool's year?

SammyUnited_83

Really well to be honest. Tom and George were forced out of the club (after dragging us through the high court) never to be seen again and we now have decent US owners in instead.
Oh come on.

Decent? They only dropped the idea of raising the ticket prices because of the walk out (which worked).

Let's not pretend that any business owner actually gives a feck about their club, they just want to make money.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Oh come on.

Decent? They only dropped the idea of raising the ticket prices because of the walk out (which worked).

Let's not pretend that any business owner actually gives a feck about their club, they just want to make money.
Compared to most owners, they're actually pretty good.

SammyUnited_83

Compared to most owners, they're actually pretty good.
You don't support another club so how would you know?

I'm sorry it's bollocks, I'm all for defending the team you support but if you think that any owner, other than the Sheiks or Roman, actually care about anything other than making money, you need to give your head a wobble.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
You don't support another club so how would you know?

I'm sorry it's bollocks, I'm all for defending the team you support but if you think that any owner, other than the Sheiks or Roman, actually care about anything other than making money, you need to give your head a wobble.
I never once said that they care about the club for anything other than money. We've had a number of owners over the years so I don't need to support another club to know that out of all the ones we've had in my lifetime, they're easily the best. David Moores (previous owner to Tom and George) was/is a huge Liverpool fan but he held the club back in a number of ways.

They're business people and with that, it's an investment that one day, they'll want a return on. That said, they haven't ripped the soul of the club out whilst they've been in charge. The ticket price fiasco was a nightmare for everyone but they saw sense and froze prices.

They have increased our value, expanded the ground and have improved our off the pitch activities ten fold. They have also invested heavily in the team and whilst we have not had the success that they were probably expecting, almost everyone can see that we are finally heading in the right direction.
As far as owners go, you can't ask for a whole lot more than that

SammyUnited_83

I never once said that they care about the club for anything other than money. We've had a number of owners over the years so I don't need to support another club to know that out of all the ones we've had in my lifetime, they're easily the best. David Moores (previous owner to Tom and George) was/is a huge Liverpool fan but he held the club back in a number of ways.

They're business people and with that, it's an investment that one day, they'll want a return on. That said, they haven't ripped the soul of the club out whilst they've been in charge. The ticket price fiasco was a nightmare for everyone but they saw sense and froze prices.

They have increased our value, expanded the ground and have improved our off the pitch activities ten fold. They have also invested heavily in the team and whilst we have not had the success that they were probably expecting, almost everyone can see that we are finally heading in the right direction.
As far as owners go, you can't ask for a whole lot more than that
In your previous post above, you wrote 'compared to most owners' that doesn't suggest you were only comparing them to previous Liverpool owners.

If you are / were then fair enough, they are probably the best of a bad bunch, certainly from the sound of your post.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
So to sum it up Liverpool have the nicest manager, best owners and won the protest?

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
-as for Klopp I get the feeling half the stuff he says and does is not genuine. He's portrayed as super witty, funny, relaxed guy but most of the time it seems he' acting it and does it for the camera.
Even as an LFC, this is something I feel I've noticed. He loves the cameras & knows what he's doing at all times.

surf

That was a protest when the Yanks tried to push him out on the sly. There was many protests infact. We won. We *protested for justice* didn't win the league for 27 years. We won that to . What the rest of the country don't understand is we in Liverpool stick together .

It's much more effective than wearing green and yellow scarfs lad.
Fixed.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I'd still love to have Klopp at Barcelona. He is, IMO, the best attacking manager in football (Pep thinks so too). Imagine the best attacking manager in the world managing the best attacking players in the world. :drool:

And obviously, he's much better than Lucho.

ti vu

I'd still love to have Klopp at Barcelona. He is, IMO, the best attacking manager in football (Pep thinks so too). Imagine the best attacking manager in the world managing the best attacking players in the world. :drool:

And obviously, he's much better than Lucho.
Weird. Barcelona plays tiki taka to take control of the game to reduce the physical toll on small/ weaker player. Klopp's style is too physical reliant. Without the possession based football to control the tempo (often slow it down), the defense would be exposed even more without the constant pressing.

Last edited:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Weird. Barcelona plays tiki taka to take control of the game to reduce the physical toll on small/ weaker player. Klopp's style is too physical reliant. Without the possession based football to control the tempo (often slow it down), the defense would be exposed even more without the constant pressing.
Klopp's Liverpool is a possession based team, despite not having anywhere near as much quality in midfield as we have. We play a very similar style to Liverpool. We dominate possession, when we lose the ball we win it back quickly. We are both lethal on the counter.

And even if Liverpool's style was different to ours, who is to say that Klopp cannot adapt his managerial style to suit the squad of players he has?

My number one choice would be Sampaoli. Klopp would be my second pick.

ti vu

Klopp's Liverpool is a possession based team, despite not having anywhere near as much quality in midfield as we have. We play a very similar style to Liverpool. We dominate possession, when we lose the ball we win it back quickly. We are both lethal on the counter.

And even if Liverpool's style was different to ours, who is to say that Klopp cannot adapt his managerial style to suit the squad of players he has?

My number one choice would be Sampaoli. Klopp would be my second pick.
I don't think Klopp built possession based team. Unlike Barcelona, Klopp team ain't comfortable in slow tempo and slow build up. Barcelona is more direct under Luis Enrique, but never being considered a counter attacking team.

Klopp hasn't changed his approach one bit. Pretty one dimensional since his Dortmund day. No evidence Klopp can adapt his managerial style neither. Still prefer athletic players running alot.

Rafateria

Cassady is on a roll.

I must admit, that post about them protesting did bring a tear in my eye.
It was really touchy stuff.

I think next thing we should expect is a nice poem.

-as for Klopp I get the feeling half the stuff he says and does is not genuine. He's portrayed as super witty, funny, relaxed guy but most of the time it seems he' acting it and does it for the camera.

I expect 5, 6 posts from Liverpool fans and Dortmund ones too claiming I'm wrong.
Literally nobody but Klopp can say if you're right or wrong, however he does seem an emotional chappie and so personally I don't feel it's exaggerated.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I don't think Klopp built possession based team. Unlike Barcelona, Klopp team ain't comfortable in slow tempo and slow build up. Barcelona is more direct under Luis Enrique, but never being considered a counter attacking team.
The only time we ever play slow possession football is when the other team has parked the bus against us. We've became less effective at this style of play since Xavi declined and left us. When we won the treble in 2015, every time we played a good opponent who didn't park the bus, we played attacking and direct football. A style of football very similar to Klopp teams. Against Bayern we were basically counter-attacking for the majority of the tie.

Likewise, I do remember Klopp playing slow possession football when they beat Sunderland 2-0, for instance.

Klopp hasn't changed his approach one bit. Pretty one dimensional since his Dortmund day. No evidence Klopp can adapt his managerial style neither. Still prefer athletic players running alot.
Klopp is a far superior manager and tactician to Enrique who won us the treble.

Klopp's teams often run a lot because they want to regain possession as quickly as possible after losing it. If the midfield is inherintly superior (Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic) then less running will have to be done because they are less likely to lose the ball.

Nevertheless Sampaoli would still be my preferred choice but Klopp is a close second.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Only Manchester city have higher possession stats than us. And it is a fair bit higher than his Dortmund sides had.

He's obviously adapted his approach.

Also our style of play is as far from one dimensional as it gets.

Dozy berk.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Not really. Klopp's teams have always struggled the minute oppositions stop allowing his players space behind their defense to run. He doesn't really have a plan B.
Most teams do this to us these days. We are still scoring goals galore.

Fwiw, I think that is part of the reason he has adapted his approach

Moby

Dick
Most teams do this to us these days. We are still scoring goals galore.

Fwiw, I think that is part of the reason he has adapted his approach
Nah, most teams you've faced lack the tactical acumen of maintaining a solid shape for majority of the game and defenders mindlessly leave their positions, plus any half decent team is encouraged by your defensive state. Even Moyes threw players to attack that, and that obviously allows the players space on the counter. Space is what Klopp thrives on, minimising space is what cripples his strategy and someone like Mourinho displayed that pretty well at Anfield earlier. Once you instruct your team to stand off and allow them more time in front of you instead of opportunity to break behind you it makes it a lot easier to play against him and most good managers have countered him using that pretty comfortably.

VanGaalEra

Klopp confirmed Coutinho won't be 100% fit for the game on Sunday.

Likely to play some part, but not the entire 90.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Space is what Klopp thrives on, minimising space is what cripples his strategy and someone like Mourinho displayed that pretty well at Anfield earlier. Once you instruct your team to stand off and allow them more time in front of you instead of opportunity to break behind you it makes it a lot easier to play against him and most good managers have countered him using that pretty comfortably.
Mourinho is a pretty bad example. His record against Klopp is atrocious.

Klopp has been able to break down almost every bus parked against him this season. Only Burnley, United and Southampton have kept a clean sheet against Pool in the league. Burnley was just a bad day in the office. Against Soton they created chances but didn't finish.

I see almost no evidence to support your claim that Klopp struggles to break down a parked bus any more than other top manager. He's the best attacking manager in the world IMO. Pep agrees with me on that.

Once Lucho invariably leaves at the end of this season, I'd love for us to get either Klopp or Sampaoli. If Klopp can make Mane-Firmino-Coutinho the best attack in the Premier League, imagine what he could do with MSN. :drool:

I remember how a poll on Barcaforum back in 2013 asked who should be our new manager. Klopp was viewed as the fan's favorite back then, with 30% of the votes.

Last edited:

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Nah, most teams you've faced lack the tactical acumen of maintaining a solid shape for majority of the game and defenders mindlessly leave their positions, plus any half decent team is encouraged by your defensive state. Even Moyes threw players to attack that, and that obviously allows the players space on the counter. Space is what Klopp thrives on, minimising space is what cripples his strategy and someone like Mourinho displayed that pretty well at Anfield earlier. Once you instruct your team to stand off and allow them more time in front of you instead of opportunity to break behind you it makes it a lot easier to play against him and most good managers have countered him using that pretty comfortably.
So we thrive on having space and only we struggle only with teams who are really good at parking the bus.

This is just a generic description of how football works.

Sky of Anfield

Supports
Liverpool
Nah, most teams you've faced lack the tactical acumen of maintaining a solid shape for majority of the game and defenders mindlessly leave their positions.
Yes, because Manchester United and Liverpool play in different leagues vs different opponents...

. Space is what Klopp thrives on, minimising space is what cripples his strategy and someone like Mourinho displayed that pretty well at Anfield earlier. Once you instruct your team to stand off and allow them more time in front of you instead of opportunity to break behind you it makes it a lot easier to play against him and most good managers have countered him using that pretty comfortably.
Liverpool has scored the most goals in the league so far, with "mediocre players" as some people like to call part of the players. I suggest you check the number for yourself, only gotta let you know it's 17 more than you.

Also regarding the "defensive state" in which we are, you may find it surprising to know that our difference with you is only 4 goals which I find surprising when compared to a team led by Mourinho.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
I'll tell you what happened maybe you didn't hear, a whole new team and fanbase were created and Joined the lower leagues. Not exactly a small feat and slightly undermines your suggestion that someone it was a feigned protest.

Those that decided to do that did, while others who felt different didn't. It is bizarre that you should compare something that involved people dying and another thing that was a group of disgruntled fans protesting against US businessmen investing into their club. I remember all the crap by oppo fans about us our "Identity" and none more so by Liverpool fans with their usual false sense of moral superiority.

By the way, how did the protests against your US owners go?
You're getting your timelines and reasons mixed up mate. IIRC, the Green And Gold protests started in 2010 and were nothing to do with the creation of FCUM (who were formed in 2005 in the wake of the Glazers originally talking over United), and everything to do with United fans still attending games at Old Trafford wanting the Glazers out.

Don't take this the wrong way but I find it very surprising that a United fan could get this so wrong, unless you are aware of this and are just deliberately misleading the Liverpool fan.

Moby

Dick
Liverpool has scored the most goals in the league so far, with "mediocre players" as some people like to call part of the players. I suggest you check the number for yourself, only gotta let you know it's 17 more than you.

Also regarding the "defensive state" in which we are, you may find it surprising to know that our difference with you is only 4 goals which I find surprising when compared to a team led by Mourinho.
We're hardly the benchmark this season though. We have had some form over last few weeks but most of the first few months we were still finding our feet under a new manager (I'm sure you can understand that, having gone through that not long ago) and despite playing well we were missing silly chances and conceding stupid goals ourselves, however our defense won't throw away a game after leading 3-1.

EyeInTheSky

You're getting your timelines and reasons mixed up mate. IIRC, the Green And Gold protests started in 2010 and were nothing to do with the creation of FCUM (who were formed in 2005 in the wake of the Glazers originally talking over United), and everything to do with United fans still attending games at Old Trafford wanting the Glazers out.

Don't take this the wrong way but I find it very surprising that a United fan could get this so wrong, unless you are aware of this and are just deliberately misleading the Liverpool fan.
What are you even talking about. Whats 2010 got to do with it? Read my post I said those protest was against the US owners (Glazers).

The green and gold flags were an extension of that because of people getting fed up with it.

Your just repeating what I am saying but don't realise it.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
What are you even talking about. Whats 2010 got to do with it? Read my post I said those protest was against the US owners (Glazers).

The green and gold flags were an extension of that because of people getting fed up with it.

Your just repeating what I am saying but don't realise it.
I know exactly what I'm talking about mate but it seems you don't ;)

Cassady asked what happened to the scarf protest - everyone knows that's the green and gold scarf protest that started up in 2010 - and you said the fans (or some of them) went off to form another club but how can that be when that club was founded over 4 years previously?

In short, and perhaps somewhat mischievously, Cassady was saying the green and gold protests did not achieve their aim and that aim was to get the Glazers out of the club. In response you somewhat weirdly asked him how did the protests against their American owners go. I say weirdly because those protests achieved their aim while the green and gold one didn't.

By the way, I'm not taking sides in this rather pointless game of protest Top Trumps between United and Liverpool fans (personally I've got time for anyone who exercises their right to protest about the ownership of their club regardless of whether it's successful or not) - I'm just correcting your mistakes.