Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool laid just a single punch on us today. The rest of the match they were hands up, back to the ropes.

The only area they dominated was their own penalty area.
Didn't Liverpool have more touches in the oppo penalty area?

Drainy

Liverpool are a good team
With Coutinho back, if Chelsea falter they have a very good chance of winning the league this year. I expect Spurs to bottle it again, city are still adapting to their new identity and we are hit and miss in front of goal. Oh and Arsenal gonna Arsenal.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
They hoped for victory but missing Mane and Coutinho being half fit meant they were only ever going to be good enough for a point. We also only had a point in us at Anfield but we had no excuses really.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
In fairness, they controlled the game for most of it. They set up to destroy our passing play and then crowd out Martial when he was on the ball.
We still created 2 clear chances in the first half and should have scored and then Pogba gave the game away with his stupid hand ball.

In the second we pushed men forward and they created more in the space and got a couple of chances, while we struggled to beat their press. We gave up on that and went more direct and got the goal.

Our team had better individuals, while theirs had a game plan what worked for large periods of the game. They might have played differently with Mane and Coutinho available from the start but the team they started lacked attacking quality and were lucky to get a goal in the first half.

Edit- if he meant 'controlled' and misspoke, I understand his point- but as you say, they in no way 'dominated' because that would have suggested a degree of attacking authority that they clearly failed to show.
Best post of the last few pages.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Pleased with the point, didnt think we'd get anything tbh. Hopefully we can get a few more of our first teamers fully fit and firing, we havent the squad depth for winning the league I dont think, the squad needs investment in key areas but provided that gets done we're looking pretty decent.

On a side note, would have been nice to get a body in this window.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He seems very focused on pointing out how other teams set up or play yet wasn't very interested in playing football today.

Acquire Me

Klopp is kind of deluded. This is not the game to state that Liverpool was the better side. If they were good this match, they are in serious trouble.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
We've put ourselves in a decent position for the rest of the season. Only City away to go to now out of the top 7 + a few players to return.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Worst part is that it isn't only them falling for it. You can see the German fans (unsurprisingly), Arse fans (mostly tits anyway) and Spurs fans all lapping it up.

Only sane ones are the Chelsea fans.
The plastics? :lol: They know feck all about football. They're experts in upvc, rubber etc

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
These so called progressive and brilliant tactics can get undone as easily as going direct.

Those snide remarks are bullshit. Blatantly obvious going direct could breach their pressing. We also created chances countering or through measured buildup play.

At one point Klopp said we 'played a different sport' by going long. Perhaps he is bitter because he has no plan b and is incapable of adapting. feck off.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
In fairness, they controlled the game for most of it. They set up to destroy our passing play and then crowd out Martial when he was on the ball.
We still created 2 clear chances in the first half and should have scored and then Pogba gave the game away with his stupid hand ball.

In the second we pushed men forward and they created more in the space and got a couple of chances, while we struggled to beat their press. We gave up on that and went more direct and got the goal.

Our team had better individuals, while theirs had a game plan what worked for large periods of the game. They might have played differently with Mane and Coutinho available from the start but the team they started lacked attacking quality and were lucky to get a goal in the first half.

Edit- if he meant 'controlled' and misspoke, I understand his point- but as you say, they in no way 'dominated' because that would have suggested a degree of attacking authority that they clearly failed to show.
Here is a bloke who knows how to read a game. Great post.

RedChip

I watched his post match with NBC. He clearly was going to spin this. Still going on about the fixture congestion and having players on AFCON duty. Wonder why it is a surprise to him when he buys African players likely to represent their country every two years. Woe is me.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
We've put ourselves in a decent position for the rest of the season. Only City away to go to now out of the top 7 + a few players to return.
Big sides haven't generally been your problem though have they?

West ham, Burnley, Sunderland, Bournemouth have caused you more problems.

I'm also not sure you can start counting the points as being in the bag when you play Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea at home.

Seven points isn't a mountain, but it's still a decent lead at this stage. One more slip up and Chelsea could be too far ahead to catch.

Rafateria

But then you're just arguing over semantics. Given that you actually agree with the point, I'm not sure why you took any issue with it.
I've made it clear. Use the term 'squad depth' in future when that is what you mean, and not 'squad' which means all the players, including those of the first team, and that you described as 'poor'.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't know why he's universally liked. He's a bellend. Was like that in Germany too, always complaining.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Can't wait till his is declared yet another LFC failure. If they get a champions league spot the fixture schedule will destroy them, if they dont then they will lose their better players to the big boys in Spain.

El Zoido

He's being praised for his defensive tactics today and earning a deserved point, yet when we played defensive at Anfield we were called cowardly and "typical boring Mourinho" etc.

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
Klopp is kind of deluded. This is not the game to state that Liverpool was the better side. If they were good this match, they are in serious trouble.
They were good in sticking to their game plan.
Another victim of the Klopp love-in.
Klopp is like most of the people here, passionate, cocky, charismatic, lunatic, often enough double standards... so does this make him likeable or not ?

fezzerUTD

Big sides haven't generally been your problem though have they?

West ham, Burnley, Sunderland, Bournemouth have caused you more problems.

I'm also not sure you can start counting the points as being in the bag when you play Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea at home.

Seven points isn't a mountain, but it's still a decent lead at this stage. One more slip up and Chelsea could be too far ahead to catch.
We actually have spurs away, the guy you quoted was wrong, and we got 3 points that day.

Acole9

Outstanding
I liked him when he first come to the Premier League but now I just think he's a very bitter and delusional man. The whole jolly act in interviews is a bit of an act really. I can imagine when he goes home at night he sits in the corner of a dark room rocking backwards and forwards laughing like a psychopath biting his finger nails.

Mihai

Most of them are terrible and are only here to tell us how amazing everything about German football is, whilst the PL is overrated etc. There are dozens of them and maybe 2 or 3 (including me) are actually United fans.
The German Glastons

AXVnee7

He's being praised for his defensive tactics today and earning a deserved point, yet when we played defensive at Anfield we were called cowardly and "typical boring Mourinho" etc.
Take it as a complement, Liverpool will feel very relieved to walk away with a point.

Rafateria

Take it as a complement, Liverpool will feel very relieved to walk away with a point.
Compliment not complement .... and not one single Pool fan will be feeling 'relieved' after not only leading for a large part of the game but also having and fluffing two golden opportunities in the last 10 mins to win it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I am mighty fecking glad we equalised. The smug wanker is two points further off the top in a season where the top teams look like dropping very few points. Klopp can feck off with his moral victory and suck on the league table instead. Dick-head.
This.

He can feck off about long ball talk as well. Don't see why everyone wanks over him. So pretentious and full of himself.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
We actually have spurs away, the guy you quoted was wrong, and we got 3 points that day.
Am I imagining a 1-1 draw at WHL between Spurs and Liverpool?

Liverpool went 1-0 up and someone like Danny Rose made it 1-1.

Have you played them twice already then?

cyberman

Why doesn't he do something about all these long balls and bus parking rather than bitch about them after the game?
He either isn't able to or his side can't stand up to it. Either way its 4 points dropped in the last 2 games with goals coming in the last 6 mins.
Seems like theyre starting to run out of steam as the game goes on