Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Cliche Guevara

Well it got Dortmund some leagues and stuff.

Great post by the way.
Probably not like that, to be honest. Seems to me like running around like fannies is a bit 'Emperor's New Clothes'.

Klopp is actually quite the shit-fester, just goes about it in a different way and has somehow convinced some people it's a footballing thing.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Probably not like that, to be honest. Seems to me like running around like fannies is a bit 'Emperor's New Clothes'.

Klopp is actually quite the shit-fester, just goes about it in a different way and has somehow convinced some people it's a footballing thing.
I don't know if you know what you're talking about.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

:lol: What?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I was actually quite annoyed that we couldn't impose our calmness with our back 6 (De Gea, defenders and Carrick) and launch our attacks from Carrick. The game was chaos and Liverpool thrive in chaos. The game was tailor made for them to win and yet they fecked up with poor finishing.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Probably that's why we were the team doing all the attacking at the end of the game, trying to win it ? Must be.

These stats don't look like they bear out your theory: Total Shots : United 9 (3) - Liverpool 13 (4).
Honestly, you parked second half and didn't want to play football.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
From the Guardian:
In the top-six “mini-league” between these two teams plus Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham, every other side has lost at least two games – apart from Liverpool, who remain unbeaten. In the Premier League’s most exciting managerial lineup ever, it is Klopp who has established himself as the most astute tactician in these head‑to‑head contests.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I loved Klopp's Dortmund but, in matches against United, Liverpool have been harrying us, and buzzin' around us like blue-arsed flies for years (especially at Anfield); it's hardly a revolution.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
It's certainly true this season.

Klopp's a prick, not that you'll ever accept it.
I care he's a very good manager. I think the personal stuff in here is exaggerated partisan garbage.

Not that you'll ever accept that...or something.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I care he's a very good manager. I think the personal stuff in here is exaggerated partisan garbage.

Not that you'll ever accept that...or something.
What does that have to do with him being a prick?

You're certainly full of partisan garbage.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Liverpool were winning 1-0. When Jose did it at Anfield on about 60 he was protecting 0-0.
Jose came up against a home side at Anfield who didn't want to attack.

United at least attacked you today. Fluffed our chances sure and it was our weakest performance in a while, but we showed far more intent than Liverpool did at Anfield.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Jose came up against a home side at Anfield who didn't want to attack.

United at least attacked you today. Fluffed our chances sure and it was our weakest performance in a while, but we showed far more intent than Liverpool did at Anfield.
Possibly. And Liverpool showed more intent at Old Trafford than United did at Anfield.

Shark

@NotShark
Liverpool showed more energy, which was expected due to the fact that it's a big trait of Klopp' way of playing and the fact that Liverpool are always up for this fixture whoever their manager is. They weren't the better team though, absolutely far from it. We fluffed chances that on another day would have won us the game, and the peno was never going to help because of Liverpool' counter threat, so it could have been a whole lot worse.

Last edited:

The Hacker

Does their total shots And shots on target include the penalty? And from memory the header against the bar doesn't count as on target does it?

These stats are misleading - him using them as a way to claim dominance is a stretch. We were the better side, we just couldn't finish!

Nanotron

Possibly. And Liverpool showed more intent at Old Trafford than United did at Anfield.
This is just schoolyard childish nonsense.
Utd went to Anfield against the in form team and played defensively for a point.
You came here and done the same thing. Were even.
Stop being so precious and accept it for what it is.

Nanotron

Does their total shots And shots on target include the penalty? And from memory the header against the bar doesn't count as on target does it?

These stats are misleading - him using them as a way to claim dominance is a stretch. We were the better side, we just couldn't finish!
Just watched MOTD. Liverpool has two chances worthy of air time. Utd had all the rest including our gifting of their goal. I think anyone with any sort of unbiased view on the game would dismiss his claim as a "bit" of a stretch.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I wouldn't try arguing, as we really did not play well at home against a weakened Liverpool side

Thinking back on the game I would say we edged it. But really nothing to write home about

Woodzy

All we did in the last 20 minutes was play long balls...

in which we scored an equalising goal.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I wouldn't try arguing, as we really did not play well at home against a weakened Liverpool side

Thinking back on the game I would say we edged it. But really nothing to write home about
Exactly, I'd say both sides were poor. No sense in claiming who was less shit when we both were.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Utd were made to look poor for long periods but they were still the more attacking outfit and its not like Liverpool offered particularly much themselves. Basically they were excellent spoilers. Overall I'd say united edged it.

Forgot about Zlatan's 50-50 with the keeper early on that could have gone anywhere.

BorisDeLeFora

I'm not a fan of this calling out other teams for playing certain styles tbh.

Football is a game of intelligence and technique, not a game of men running around like kids high on fanta and wine gums suffocating the poor guy with the ball, or something.

Liverpool had a few opportunities from pressing high up, because United were trying to play a bit of football, so they started doing less of that. It's logic.

Ban

He would have been complimentary of us if they'd won that's for sure.

Note to other managers, play into Klopp's hands so he can be happy after the game.