Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

GazTheLegend

LoL oh dear. Good luck trying to make it to the mains with posts of that quality. There is so much there to be torn to pieces but really, with the acumen you've displayed in that post, it's really not worth it.
How are you not banned for this garbage. You won't argue with it because you know I'm right, your clubs fans are the poster boys for ******* style behaviour - ex Suarez.

Klopps just the latest man that can do no wrong. He's a lunatic and it swiftly becomes less lovable when he has to deal with more civilised men like Jose Mourinho.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

This bloke is still crying about Ander Herrera. :rolleyes:

Had no idea he whined this much.

AXVnee7

This bloke is still crying about Ander Herrera. :rolleyes:

Had no idea he whined this much.
I'm usually indifferent to Klopp's antics but he is really coming across as an arrogant, bitter person now. I've read that he was moaning because we didn't 'welcome LFC' in our match programmes notes :lol:.

Wasn't Herrera booked for the foul anyway? It was clearly a tactical foul aimed at breaking up the opponent's counter. I don't see what point Klopp is making other than a dig at Herrera since that type of foul almost always results in a yellow card to the offender. It's hardly 'lazy' as lazy would've been to just let him go. Instead it's cynical, but it's perfectly legal and perfectly appropriate in the game. If he wants a "clean" game, then perhaps he should speak to his own players, especially Mignolet about time wasting.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The quote from St.Klopp:

The tactical foul of holding a midfielder – and not because of Herrera, I mean in general – is an offensive action and should, for me, be an immediate yellow card. Only because it is lazy.”
It was an immediate yellow card, you feckwit.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
It's a crap description of the foul but he's not calling Herrera a lazy player is he, he's saying a specific action he took was.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Great reply. Putting it like this I have to agree. We won't stop struggling against this kind of team soon. (I wanted to reply to your post sooner but my credit ran out. :p)

Now seeing you are Liverpool fan and have a very good understanding of the game. Could you explain to me, since I rarely watch Liverpool this season, Why Liverpool didn't have good record against teams outside top 6?
I know your defense is weak, so anyone playing you will always have a few chances, like we had. And your goal keepers are a bit suspected. But what is really Liverpool problem finishing weaker teams off? And why is that? Seeing your weaker team (No Matip, Mané, Coutinho for long period) played very disciplined against our strongest side makes me wonder.
That is a good question, the obvious answer would be we had a calamatous keeper from last season and brought in another one. Its only now both are channelling their inner De Gea that they are actually 'saving' us from definite dropped points. However, we still can't reclaim the points they've already cost us. Coupled with Matip being out for long phases our two CBs are almost as bad as City's. The other 4 clubs dominate us and City in this area of the pitch by a lonnng way.

As our squad is so thin its only been a miracle we've kept Moreno away from the first team for so long. Its speaks volumes that we are one of the teams that concede the fewest chances or shots on our goal, yet our defenders/goalie are shit enough to gift goals anyway. Which can only mean that during the brief moments we tire or are attacked there is an unusually above average chance we will concede, i.e. Bournemouth, Spurs, Sunderland. Its like the opposite situation to Utd where for the high number of opportunities Utd create there is an unusual chance that they will miss rather than score. Obviously, Klopp should look to be more pragmatic in his approach play because of our defence but we don't have the players that can be pragmatic. Not this season anyway. So he's living and dying by his philosophy.

Its a simple case for us, we need composure at key moments at the back (goalie and CBs) just as Utd need composure up front. This will come with targeted purchases in the summer for both clubs or in some cases players finally stepping up to their expected levels.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
175 pages for a thread based on a sentence uttered by Klopp :houllier:

Cantona_Forever

That is a good question, the obvious answer would be we had a calamatous keeper from last season and brought in another one. Its only now both are channelling their inner De Gea that they are actually 'saving' us from definite dropped points. However, we still can't reclaim the points they've already cost us. Coupled with Matip being out for long phases our two CBs are almost as bad as City's. The other 4 clubs dominate us and City in this area of the pitch by a lonnng way.

As our squad is so thin its only been a miracle we've kept Moreno away from the first team for so long. Its speaks volumes that we are one of the teams that concede the fewest chances or shots on our goal, yet our defenders/goalie are shit enough to gift goals anyway. Which can only mean that during the brief moments we tire or are attacked there is an unusually above average chance we will concede, i.e. Bournemouth, Spurs, Sunderland. Its like the opposite situation to Utd where for the high number of opportunities Utd create there is an unusual chance that they will miss rather than score. Obviously, Klopp should look to be more pragmatic in his approach play because of our defence but we don't have the players that can be pragmatic. Not this season anyway. So he's living and dying by his philosophy.

Its a simple case for us, we need composure at key moments at the back (goalie and CBs) just as Utd need composure up front. This will come with targeted purchases in the summer for both clubs or in some cases players finally stepping up to their expected levels.
Cheers, mate.

Mountainstomolehills

Supports
Liverpool
I'm usually indifferent to Klopp's antics but he is really coming across as an arrogant, bitter person now. I've read that he was moaning because we didn't 'welcome LFC' in our match programmes notes :lol:.

Wasn't Herrera booked for the foul anyway? It was clearly a tactical foul aimed at breaking up the opponent's counter. I don't see what point Klopp is making other than a dig at Herrera since that type of foul almost always results in a yellow card to the offender. It's hardly 'lazy' as lazy would've been to just let him go. Instead it's cynical, but it's perfectly legal and perfectly appropriate in the game. If he wants a "clean" game, then perhaps he should speak to his own players, especially Mignolet about time wasting.
I agree with you re 'lazy arse' Herrera although the quote appears to have been taken somewhat out of context, perhaps to further push the narrative re Klopp? Dunno about the 'legality' of the er, manoeuvre, as it was against the rules and correctly earned the player a yellow card, but it was entirely appropriate, and I'd expect one of Liverpool's players to do the same thing in similar circumstances. The Caf would go apoplectic about it mind if this occurred in a Liverpool v United game.........

In his very short pre match interview, I heard Klopp mention (in a jocular fashion/via a demented rant/by means of a pre-planned attempt to curry favour with the press, depending on your perspective) the lack of welcome for Liverpool in the match programme notes as well as being given tea when he requested coffee

Do the Caf think the second faux pas was 'mind games' played by the United staff and hierarchy........or just an error by the tea lady/man :lol: ?

Perhaps the tea was spiked, leading to all the jumping around at the end of the game!

On a more interesting note is it customary for teams to welcome the opposition in their programme notes?

Regular United match goers could maybe provide the answer to this by taking a quick look at recent notes from games at Old Trafford.

AXVnee7

I agree with you re 'lazy arse' Herrera although the quote appears to have been taken somewhat out of context, perhaps to further push the narrative re Klopp? Dunno about the 'legality' of the er, manoeuvre, as it was against the rules and correctly earned the player a yellow card, but it was entirely appropriate, and I'd expect one of Liverpool's players to do the same thing in similar circumstances. The Caf would go apoplectic about it mind if this occurred in a Liverpool v United game.........

In his very short pre match interview, I heard Klopp mention (in a jocular fashion/via a demented rant/by means of a pre-planned attempt to curry favour with the press, depending on your perspective) the lack of welcome for Liverpool in the match programme notes as well as being given tea when he requested coffee

Do the Caf think the second faux pas was 'mind games' played by the United staff and hierarchy........or just an error by the tea lady/man :lol: ?

Perhaps the tea was spiked, leading to all the jumping around at the end of the game!

On a more interesting note is it customary for teams to welcome the opposition in their programme notes?

Regular United match goers could maybe provide the answer to this by taking a quick look at recent notes from games at Old Trafford.
Yeah I agree, and I'm sure most Liverpool fans would expect their player to do the same in the reverse scenario. By legality, I was attempting to imply he's not cheating although like you say it does result in a foul.

I don't really have a problem with Klopp being irritant on the night and post-match press conference, and hence I've stayed away from most of the discussion regarding to his behaviour. At the same time he needs to drop it and move on. He has a game tonight so he should be looking at that, not for opportunities to take digs at us.

With regards to the match notes, regardless of what United present to other teams, did Klopp really think that they were going to be 'welcomed'??

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
So does Matip have to wait till Cameroon drop out of afcon/win it before he is eligible to play?
FIFA are making a decision on that this Friday. If they decide to investigate then he won't be playing again for a couple of weeks minimum.

Rafateria

How are you not banned for this garbage. You won't argue with it because you know I'm right, your clubs fans are the poster boys for ******* style behaviour - ex Suarez.

Klopps just the latest man that can do no wrong. He's a lunatic and it swiftly becomes less lovable when he has to deal with more civilised men like Jose Mourinho.
Wow. Another trashy post. Why not try for the hattrick. I know you're good for it.

Rafateria

Haha well it's most certainly is not 'perfectly legal' but I do agree with the rest of your post, I'd be furious is one of our players didn't do the same in that situation and the United player had gone on to score. I've said elsewhere though that they really need to stamp down on this .. I know they are trying but a Yellow means nothing when an almost certain goal-scoring opportunity is at stake.

Rafateria

This is why Matip isn't playing tonight.
Except that he hasn't been called up ! The manager spoke to him (eventually) before he named hs squad and Matip said he had no interest in playing for Cameroon - and this was a year ago and he continued that stance when contacted pre-tournament. So Cameroon didn't name him in their squad. It's truly and almighty feck up that FIFA should have clarified right off the bat.

TheReligion

Abusive
Its not just the game, or games, against Liverpool though. Utd sit comfortably at the bottom of the top 6 league table and comfortably in 6th place in the league table overall despite any good run of form. A Kante type would be ideal for Utd's midfield, the fact you don't already have one even with all the riches is yet another mistake imo. Klopp's made his too (not buying CBs, not enough midfield cover, etc) but Liverpool have fewer games to play this season and shown no problems with top 6 teams to give him some benefit of the doubt.
United are now 5 points from Liverpool and 2 from top 4. I'm not sure that's comfortably bottom of the top 6 table?

As said JM has only been at the club 6 months. He's had one transfer window and is very much starting to shape his squad, much like Klopp when he first arrived. You're being over dramatic considering we are already playing much better than the start of the season and on a rather impressive unbeaten run. Replacing Carrick will be a priority in the summer and I'm confident Jose will deliver as all of his signings thus far have improved us.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
4 points from fourth. 2 from City.

And are national players under some contractual obligation to play for their countries? In this day and age, it's weird to see people forced to play for someone they do not want. No matter the reason. Even if it's a "I'm just not feeling it today" day.

Gasolin

4 points from fourth. 2 from City.

And are national players under some contractual obligation to play for their countries? In this day and age, it's weird to see people forced to play for someone they do not want. No matter the reason. Even if it's a "I'm just not feeling it today" day.
It's because strangely enough, those players now have no pride and will to represent their country. It's all money driven, which is a shame.

Let's be honest here: if Rooney in his peak or Pogba refused to play for their national teams, we would tear them apart for not taking their responsability.
Cameroon must feel the same, even though the federation is clearly less organised in Africa.

RedCurry

I don't understand why would a country force a player to play for them to be honest. He might be contractually bound to play for his country but you can't make him run on the pitch if he decides not to. At the same time you can't stop him for smashing one in his own net. This whole forced to play for a team is a bit silly.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I'm not talking about fans or pride, whatever, but wondering why they *have* to play whenever called upon? Is there some contract between them and FA/FIFA? I mean, they do not get their paychecks from them.

Rafateria

I'm not talking about fans or pride, whatever, but wondering why they *have* to play whenever called upon? Is there some contract between them and FA/FIFA? I mean, they do not get their paychecks from them.
FIFA have to try to retain the integrity and quality of the competitions they run. Hence if a player refuses to play for his country when selected, they can impose domestic bans and fines and even deduct points from clubs for fielding what are now deemed ineligible players. However if a player has declared he has retired from International football, and does not want to be considered for selection in the future, then I don't think FIFA have the right to force them - that would be a human rights violation and in contravene about 27 different labour laws !