Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

The Hacker

Not that I agree with the rules about not being allowed to talk about the referee, but as he did and the rules are the rules, shouldn't he get a fine at last for his comments post match?

Werd.

We may not be that far away from a 'fachts' type meltdown from this unhinged lunatic.

montpelier

The BBC summary of that interview on a late sports report was that Jurgen had said that ''the better team won''

BBC not meeting their conspiracy commitments at all there. No mention of penalties, wind or offside goals from two weeks back by teams who weren't playing.

Southampton played the Long ball quite well didn't they?

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
That guy is a wum and probably not a liverpool fan. As much as I enjoy laughing at Klopp and get annoyed by his bitterness, he's done well with the squad he has. He's a good manager and will strengthen accordingly this summer.

He should start by building squad depth so that Liverpool can cope physically with Europe next season (whether CL or EL).
He has done incredibly well with the players he's got. I looked at that first eleven at the start of the season and thought they'd really struggle. So I give him his dues for how well he has done.

However, squad depth is/was his responsibility. This is his second premier league season with "his team" as he said himself and he should have built a squad to compete for the season. Especially seeing as they have no European football. So squad depth cannot be an excuse for me, if they fall apart because of it its on him.

flappyjay

They were playing long? He is their player they ought to play him....on a serious note teams have to find a way to overcome his tactics, so he has to find a way to overcome the long ball and stop whining

SqueakyWeasel

Post match interview reactions (just seen it) were a bit rude from Klopp really. The pressure is starting to get to him.

Is it really that out of order to ask "What's going wrong Jurgen? What do you have to work on to put it right?" when the mighty Liverpool have won a single match in 2017 so far (and that one win in SEVEN is the single goal "annihilation" of Plymouth Argyll … at the second attempt)?

Fracture90

Surely LVG and even Rodgers had a better record than him?
With yesterday's defeat LVG has a better record by a win, dunno about Rodgers tho.

Wonder if he'll be punished for moaning about the refs... :rolleyes:

He's a definitely a Jekyll and Hyde type character. All smiles and charm when Liverpool are winning, but a sore, bitter, classless wanker when they aren't.
Masks are falling off i reckon now that the pressure is on.

Selling Joe Allen was a horrendous decision. He voluntarily stripped down the squad depth and quality. He also keeps playing the same scrubs over and over. The little I have seen from the young kids Woodburn and Wilson they are just as likely to score as Sturridge and Origi, but they might actually lift the spirits of the whole team. Wilson might look like he is 12, but he is 19. Grujic from what I have seen is better than Can. Still no sign of him. Does he have a torn ACL or something.
Our media here in Serbia are buzzing about Liverpool hiding his LCL injury for a while now.

AXVnee7

Carragher echoing the sentiments of many Utd fans here, Liverpool are not a top 4 team but the manager has elevated them to that level. It's no surprise that when Klopp gets it wrong the team falters.

Mihai

It's been six days now with no league game since. Hardly obsessed. If he mentioned it at every opportunity for the remainder of the season you'll have a point.
Do I have a point now? Or I still have to wait?

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Carragher echoing the sentiments of many Utd fans here, Liverpool are not a top 4 team but the manager has elevated them to that level. It's no surprise that when Klopp gets it wrong the team falters.
Carragher was refreshingly frank last night - admitted at half-time that Liverpool had been pretty much outplayed by Saints for a game and a half. I'm not sure I agree with him that Saints could've been 7 or 8 up in the tie at that point - that seemed overly harsh on Liverpool - but the general gist of what he was saying was correct. I've only read the transcript of Klopp's comments but while he's correct that they could've had 4 or 5 in the second half that completely ignores how many goals Saints could've had. Granted, few managers like to admit that they weren't the best team but if that was City and Guardiola had said he thought we played well in a tie where we were outplayed for long periods I'd have wondered what planet he was on.

Oneunited26

They were playing long? He is their player they ought to play him....on a serious note teams have to find a way to overcome his tactics, so he has to find a way to overcome the long ball and stop whining
hmmm think by klopps logic if you play long ball you win, lol. WOW klopp the dictator telling teams they should not play like this, because you will win lol. He should be lucky it was not 3 defeats in a row if united actually were ruthless

meet stans dad roy, notice the resemblance in behavior and looks lol, acts all normal and over time just goes crazy

Last edited:

cyberman

We do well against the other top six sides and Mane is back soon. Hull and Leicester worry me. We seem to drop points in games like that.

So you don't think it's possible that this is a blip like what United, City and Spurs have had? Spurs were written off about six weeks ago.
Not really. City isn't really a blip, they're just inconsistent and old.
Spurs were sound defensively, they were off the pace but weren't losing games. They had something to build on.
We were slicing teams up time and time again but laughably couldn't score. Even in our last two games we conceded the most unnecessary penalty of all time and a comical own goal. Add that in with missing open goals you can see there isn't much to change or panic about.
Liverpool have had 2 months of meh football, its nearly as long as your actual great form at this stage.

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Not really. City isn't really a blip, they're just inconsistent and old.
Spurs were sound defensively, they were off the pace but weren't losing games. They had something to build on.
We were slicing teams up time and time again but couldn't laughably couldn't score. Even in our last two games we conceded the most unnecessary penalty of all time and a comical own goal. Add that in with missing open goals you can see there isn't much to change or panic about.
Liverpool have had 2 months of meh football, its nearly as long as your actual great form at this dtage.
I'd argue it's been a month of meh football. A month ago we comfortably beat Stoke and put in a fairly solid performance to beat City. January has been awful.

I'm not ready to give up and say the season is over when we're still in the FA Cup and in a strong league position with regards to a top four finish. Until Mane comes back we won't know how much difference he'll make to our offensive play.

Upon reflection though I do think Klopp's comments recently have been stupid. Mane not being there isn't an excuse for our recent problems either. If we can't cope with one player not being there then we're not a good side.

Peanut Butter

I said it in another thread but Mane won't fix all of Liverpool's problems.

People have short memories. Mane was inconsistent at Southampton. He isn't a Suarez, Messi or Ronaldo level player.

Liverpool need to address their goal keeper and defensive woes.

Also, Klopp is obsessed with marathon runners in midfield. How about some actual quality? Henderson and Can just run around a lot.

Basically, Pool need a serious injection of quality throughout the squad.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

People have short memories. Mane was inconsistent at Southampton. He isn't a Suarez, Messi or Ronaldo level player.

Liverpool need to address their goal keeper and defensive woes.

Also, Klopp is obsessed with marathon runners in midfield. How about some actual quality? Henderson and Can just run around a lot.

Basically, Pool need a serious injection of quality throughout the squad.
I agree about the midfield. Everyone knows about our defensive problems but the midfield is being overlooked. I think we might need two midfielders in the summer to replace Can and at least compete with Henderson or Wijnaldum. The duo of Henderson and Can really doesn't work.

A CB, LB, two midfielders and a striker is what I'd prioritise.

Peanut Butter

I agree about the midfield. Everyone knows about our defensive problems but the midfield is being overlooked. I think we might need two midfielders in the summer to replace Can and at least compete with Henderson or Wijnaldum. The duo of Henderson and Can really doesn't work.

A CB, LB, two midfielders and a striker is what I'd prioritise.
How do Liverpool supporters (the sane ones) feel about Henderson as captain now?

I just don't see him as captain material at all - I don't think he would get a game at Utd, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea. It still baffles me that he's captain of such a huge football club. Jordan fecking Henderson.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
How do Liverpool supporters (the sane ones) feel about Henderson as captain now?

I just don't see him as captain material at all - I don't think he would get a game at Utd, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea. It still baffles me that he's captain of such a huge football club. Jordan fecking Henderson.
It's a massive step down from Gerrard, and even the likes of Hyypia/Fowler before him.

I'm not sure who else you can give it to though. Milner is the vice captain but he's not really any different to Henderson.

Peanut Butter

It's a massive step down from Gerrard, and even the likes of Hyypia/Fowler before him.

I'm not sure who else you can give it to though. Milner is the vice captain but he's not really any different to Henderson.
Yes I agree.

This is a problem at Liverpool - a lack of leaders. I am surprised Klopp didn't resolve this in his first transfer window tbh.

We had no leaders under LvG. First thing Jose does is bring in huge personalities in Ibra and Pogba.

You need that in your squads to win titles.

JustinC00

He's a good manager and will strengthen accordingly this summer.
But isn't that what was said after he lost the League Cup final, Europa final and dropped 14 points in the last 10 league matches last season, missing Europa by 2 points? Liverpool actually still had at legitimate shot with 5 matches to play last season to finish 4th but they dropped 2 points to Newcastle, 3 points to Swansea and 2 points to West Brom in their last 5 matches. Win those and they finish with 67 which would have had them 4th.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He actually would. Liverpool are a team of good players elevated by a system. And Mane is the key cog that makes that system effective. Defensive woes? Their system will always give up few but huge chances to score in every game. With Mane, they give up less because his pace, energy and dribbling makes liverpool far more dangerous offensively and thus opponents will play more a cautious game, hence they will manage to create less and have worse conversion rate on those, too. Their midfielders likewise improve a lot with him in the side, because they have to do less.

Mind, you're still right about everything else

unitedforeveral

There's some hilarious hyperbole going on here, from both sides. A draw was a fair result in my opinion. Herrera's yellow was justified. Calling it vile is way over the top. It did not damage to firmino, apart from his shirt which is the only thing "vile" about it.
Pogba had a nightmare. Excusing it because of his age is stupid. He is plenty experienced to not lose his shit. He needs to grow up fast.
Those moaning about Klopp are completely overreacting as well. Managers always see things myopically when it comes to their own team. Jose does it too. Hypocritical to be so upset by it.
With the team we had out yesterday, compared to theirs we should have won.
The comfort to take from it is that we weren't beaten and that Liverpool won't catch Chelsea because they simply aren't quite good enough.
We've some very winnable games coming up to focus on. Onwards we go!
Don't you think Jose or we haven't been busting our own boys, you must be kidding me mate! United media is constantly linking players with our clubs and leagues which is not so good. Of course we have talks about others coming in as well but we criticise our team more than we do others. Klopp mentioned it, we didn't bring it up. They totally played a game where all they did was shut out Carrick and Pogba. They weren't so good in the final third either and were bullocks at Southampton. I hope you change your mind about us being Hypocritical. Those were Klopp's words. We didn't even complain about their game, we did what we had to, go over the mid-field, bring the ball down with Fellaini or Zlatan and start from there. We did good to claim a point.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Some key players are simply knackered. Lallana played like a top 10 player in the league and Milner like a top 20 player, but those performance were simply not sustainable physically. Lallana fumbles away every ball now. Milner is not overlapping anymore and still leaving the back more exposed than ever. Coutinho is not anywhere near his form pre-injury. That leaves Firmino to play by himself. TAA can´t cross. Origi can´t pass. Sturridge won´t pass. Can passes with a natural build in three second delay. It all comes down to the fact that Klopp still has not mastered the PL winter schedule and the necessary rotations/squad depth.

Now that the crisis is there he is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He either plays knackered first teamers that have the quality or fresh second teamers that don´t have the quality and qualities for his system.

Also he seriously needs to figure out the bus. It´s the same problem he had at Dortmund in the end. Pressing is a defensive style that leads to quick improvised offense. Busses aren´t prone to improvisation. You need an actual offensive plan to break them down. It´s no coincidence that he does well against the best teams, who play offensive-minded themselves.

Peanut Butter

Some key players are simply knackered. Lallana played like a top 10 player in the league and Milner like a top 20 player, but those performance were simply not sustainable physically. Lallana fumbles away every ball now. Milner is not overlapping anymore and still leaving the back more exposed than ever. Coutinho is not anywhere near his form pre-injury. That leaves Firmino to play by himself. TAA can´t cross. Origi can´t pass. Sturridge won´t pass. Can passes with a natural build in three second delay. It all comes down to the fact that Klopp still has not mastered the PL winter schedule and the necessary rotations/squad depth.

Now that the crisis is there he is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He either plays knackered first teamers that have the quality or fresh second teamers that don´t have the quality and qualities for his system.

Also he seriously needs to figure out the bus. It´s the same problem he had at Dortmund in the end. Pressing is a defensive style that leads to quick improvised offense. Busses aren´t prone to improvisation. You need an actual offensive plan to break them down. It´s no coincidence that he does well against the best teams, who play offensive-minded themselves.
Bang on with this post.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Whilst we're talking about Mane.
He's clearly an important player.

Fridge chutney

But isn't that what was said after he lost the League Cup final, Europa final and dropped 14 points in the last 10 league matches last season, missing Europa by 2 points? Liverpool actually still had at legitimate shot with 5 matches to play last season to finish 4th but they dropped 2 points to Newcastle, 3 points to Swansea and 2 points to West Brom in their last 5 matches. Win those and they finish with 67 which would have had them 4th.
You're correct, and make a good point, but it's harsh to judge him on last season because it wasn't his team. This season, he has a more accurate version of his team, but Liverpool were so shite that I don't think he can fix it in 1.5 years. It will take 2-3 years. And they are still better than last season, based on evidence so far.

I just don't think liverpool would benefit from letting him go, like the clown on 5live claimed.

BIGbadBOO4

I like many have been impressed with where Liverpool are with the players they have. And like others I also believe that the way they play by basically stopping teams playing with their energy cannot surely last the whole season. It's common that a team put theit heart and soul when they play against us and then afterwards they play poor. The effort they put in against us causes issues for the next few games. Think this happened to Liverpool after playing us. The effort and commitment they put in against us the other week was amazing. But it came at a price.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
I like many have been impressed with where Liverpool are with the players they have. And like others I also believe that the way they play by basically stopping teams playing with their energy cannot surely last the whole season. It's common that a team put theit heart and soul when they play against us and then afterwards they play poor. The effort they put in against us causes issues for the next few games. Think this happened to Liverpool after playing us. The effort and commitment they put in against us the other week was amazing. But it came at a price.
No. Klopp´s major mistake was playing virtually the same team against Sunderland 48 hours after the City game. That killed the legs of key players and they haven´t been the same since. Liverpool were already shite against United. They got a stupid penalty and that´s about it. United just didn´t take advantage of their weakness. I was honestly getting ready for a major Mourinho rant about being the better team (which they were) and how everything was against him, but somehow Klopp beat him to the punch.

Before the Sunderland game you can make a solid case Liverpool were the better side in every single game this season, creating chances over chances. In 2017 I find it hard to argue that they were even superior to Plymouth twice, despite 80% of useless possession.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
hmmm think by klopps logic if you play long ball you win, lol. WOW klopp the dictator telling teams they should not play like this, because you will win lol. He should be lucky it was not 3 defeats in a row if united actually were ruthless

meet stans dad roy, notice the resemblance in behavior and looks lol, acts all normal and over time just goes crazy

:lol:

Fracture90

Pure gold this. :D:D:D

TheReligion

Abusive

Good well balanced post. Not sure too many can argue with that. Especially regarding his record against the top teams.

It would be a blessing for them if they went out of the FA cup I think.