Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
What's going on in here? :lol:

We're sitting in fourth and looking competitive in a very high standard top six. The knee-jerk reactions going on right now are as ridiculous as the ones from people who thought we'd win the league in October.

If we were sitting way off the pace of the the top four I'd be worried but this really is just a blip at the moment. If we get to a May and we're fifth or sixth I'll go along with idea that Klopp needs to rethink his methods, but I don't think it's the time to write us off.

"Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your teeth. You're an idiot, Klopp. It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe..."
Surely wind is only a disadvantage if you play Long balls?

Not sure why I quoted you there @Klopper76

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

"Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your teeth. You're an idiot, Klopp. It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe..."
"Someone's got it in for me, they've worked out my gegenpress"

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
More interviews like today from Jürgen Strop and a couple more losses and we might just start to see the media actually criticize him or at the very least stop all the fawning over him.

It is all fun and games cracking jokes and coming to pressers in silly t-shirts but you have to back it all up with results.

He's been saved by his charisma and big game record. Big games, however, are meaningless if you keep losing to minnows.

Minimalist

Big Bad Bren will be making a comeback at this rate after he wrestles up the SPL title.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
More interviews like today from Jürgen Strop and a couple more losses and we might just start to see the media actually criticize him or at the very least stop all the fawning over him.

It is all fun and games cracking jokes and coming to pressers in silly t-shirts but you have to back it all up with results.

He's been saved by his charisma and big game record. Big games, however, are meaningless if you keep losing to minnows.
:lol: nice.

Brophs

The One and Only
That interview was preferable to his fake laughter shtick, tbf.

Robbie Boy

That's the thing isn't it? When you have the kind of personality that Klopp has, you have to be able to take the criticism when things aren't going well.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
If Jose had given that interview he'd have been heavily criticised by most people, including some united fans.

Genuinely interested in whether Liverpool fans think him bringing up the marginal offside in the build up to our equaliser after a semi final in a different competition and then reacting like that to the interviewer was what they want from their manager?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Ohh, somebody's found the way to combat the famous gegenpress, it's the (or shall I say der) gegenwind. :smirk:

Also it's incredible how he keeps yapping about that fecking offside against them, bloody hell.

goin4glory

What a bellend "nobody says anything" He's done nothing but moan about Valencia being offside since the game and I hardly think our full back getting the ball at the byline after a throw in is some terrible decision the goal wasn't scored until another 4 United players had possession.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If Jose had given that interview he'd have been heavily criticised by most people, including some united fans.

Genuinely interested in whether Liverpool fans think him bringing up the marginal offside in the build up to our equaliser after a semi final in a different competition and then reacting like that to the interviewer was what they want from their manager?
Not really if I'm honest, but I still like him and we're not going to be able to get anyone better. He's letting his emotions get the better of him in post match interviews and says things that make him look daft. We need a big win from somewhere because this month has been awful.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It isn't true that he mentioned us getting offside goals in his post match interview, is it?

Someone mentioned it in the League Cup thread.
He said our goal against them was offside, arguably was.

He definitely cracked in that interview though and it's wonderful to watch.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Not really if I'm honest, but I still like him and we're not going to be able to get anyone better. He's letting his emotions get the better of him in post match interviews and says things that make him look daft. We need a big win from somewhere because this month has been awful.
Fair enough really. Wouldn't be shocked if you beat Chelsea, but it really won't be easy. Spurs had to be excellent to win, and even then Chelsea should have scored before they went behind.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I see you put a lot of thought into that post .. not.

It was tough for us because of the teams we have to play through to the end of this month (City, United, Chelsea, Southampton x2 etc.) and we also had to play 3 teams within 143 hrs over the New Year, only Southampton had a few hrs less, whilst Chelsea had nearly double that amount of time. So yes, there are mitigating circumstances for a drop in form and some of us had already forecast that .... I wonder if we will even still be in the Top 4 come the end of March, though I then expect us to pick up strongly and make the Top 4 somewhat comfortably in the end.
You put a lot of thought into your response but it still sounds like an excuse.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He'll be pulling the notepad out and giving out the fachts soon.