Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Rafateria

Definitely agree with that, he often pulls up absurd or obscure stats to prove his point like he's some opta spokesperson. Rubbish.
Because of course opinions not based around stats, but simply wild accusations or based in bias viewed through United Red-tinted glasses, are quite obviously more valid of course, especially when they denigrate Liverpool to amuse the masses. The tune soon changes when it's United in the firing line .. then the stats are thrown around like confetti !

Ban

Because of course opinions not based around stats, but simply wild accusations or based in bias viewed through United Red-tinted glasses, are quite obviously more valid of course, especially when they denigrate Liverpool to amuse the masses. The tune soon changes when it's United in the firing line .. then the stats are thrown around like confetti !
Relax.:lol:

SirAF

Ageist
SAF yes, he ripped into his players at Aberdeen after thehad won a cup final, SAF cared a lot about the performance, hence why we have phrases like "the united way". Not Mourinho though which is the reason he will never go down as one of the top greats for me.
To be fair, I think Sir Alex modified himself afterwards and retracted it. Can't be arsed to find a source though.

Rockets Redglare

I've just been watching skysports and they were laughing about how he acted towards the fourth official and its fine because he's now apologised. If that was Mourinho he'd be absolutely hammered by the media and the FA would be investigating it already.

Reactions: Penna

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
But only Liverpool stooped to bore the Bollox off everyone to such a degree that the backpass rule was brought in. One or two others copied it tbf, seeing it was part of the blueprint to success.
I'm not old enough to comment tbh so that's fair enough. Seems like a strange thing to poke fun at though considering that everyone could do it.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think the issue we have with Klopp is the narrative driven about him from the media. When he arrived he was very likeable in some regards and did seem like a breath of fresh air to some of the regular moaners like Wenger and Mourinho et al.

This season though he's shown another side to him and revealed he's really much the same as everyone else, especially when he's not getting his own way. I've no problem with that but I just don't understand why the media haven't ran with it and the FA haven't acted in certain circumstances.

It's a lot to do with the double standards which sadly appear to plague England currently.

SAF yes, he ripped into his players at Aberdeen after thehad won a cup final, SAF cared a lot about the performance, hence why we have phrases like "the united way". Not Mourinho though which is the reason he will never go down as one of the top greats for me.
When did SAF ever say the performance was more important than winning?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The media has already swallowed the description of him being a mentalist. That way, he can get away with a lot of stuff other managers would get done for.

NinjaFletch

I think the one thing this month has shown is that football is a simple game which fans like to complicate.

For all the talk about Klopp as a master tactician he's encountered a poor run of results when his best attacker and best defender have been largely unavailable to him.

There's nothing 'magic' about what Klopp does at Liverpool and although his tactics are a bit smarter than your average Joe the underlying idea is quite simple: work hard to win the ball back and move it quickly to players that can stretch teams when you have it.

If they can get in a natural replacement for Mane who can also give more pace on the other side as well as pick up another decent centre half and a goalkeeper in the summer they'll be a good side.

SteveTheRed

“I turned to him [Swarbrick (4th official)] and said:‘Nobody can beat us.’ Obviously that is absolutely not true but that’s what I said in this moment.

“I went back to the fourth official and said: ‘Sorry – you are the wrong person to speak to.’ He said: ‘No problem, I like your passion.’ I have never heard that from an official before. That was cool.”

He really is an insufferable feck.

Used to like him at Dortmund when you only saw little snippets and quotes. Last night screaming in front of the 4th official was disgraceful, man has no class.

Thisistheone

Remember when people were frightened they'll win the league?
I'll hold my hand up with this. Genuinely was concerned they'd push Chelsea all the way. The signs were good back in December. They looked a bit like Klopp's Dortmund in terms of energy & the team being more than the sum of its parts - no real superstar players.

Luckily the Xmas period seems to have killed them. Pexbo etc called it.

Thought there was a bit more of the early season Liverpool last night in terms of intensity so hopefully they don't climb the table with their 1 game a week while the rest of the top 6 play Europe and cup games.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think the issue we have with Klopp is the narrative driven about him from the media. When he arrived he was very likeable in some regards and did seem like a breath of fresh air to some of the regular moaners like Wenger and Mourinho et al.

This season though he's shown another side to him and revealed he's really much the same as everyone else, especially when he's not getting his own way. I've no problem with that but I just don't understand why the media haven't ran with it and the FA haven't acted in certain circumstances.

It's a lot to do with the double standards which sadly appear to plague England currently.
Fair comments. There's definitely inconsistencies from the media when managers are concerned.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
What's this shite about 80's Liverpool being all about back passes?
Yeah. I'm no fan of Liverpool but Jesus Christ, if we can't accept that the Liverpool teams of the 70's and 80's were incredible teams, then we're as delusional as the Rawkites. 11 league titles, 4 European Cups, 3 FA Cups, 4 League Cups and 2 UEFA Cups in a 20 year period. And they won it all with back passes.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
What's this shite about 80's Liverpool being all about back passes?
Apparently Liverpool were the only side at the time allowed to pass back to the keeper. Had the other teams been allowed Liverpool wouldn't have won so much. I think that's pretty much it...

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah. I'm no fan of Liverpool but Jesus Christ, if we can't accept that the Liverpool teams of the 70's and 80's were incredible teams, then we're as delusional as the Rawkites. 11 league titles, 4 European Cups, 3 FA Cups, 4 League Cups and 2 UEFA Cups in a 20 year period. And they won it all with back passes.
It's just insane. They were incredible back then and they did it by playing the game with grit, speed and flair. When we finally knocked them off their perch, it was an incredible feat. Admittedly we got lucky in the Littlewoods Cup Final, but taking the league from their grasp in 89 was a blow that they never really recovered from. Their last league title was a last gasp then it all went to shit.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Whether people on here like it or not, Klopp has a lightness of touch that offers him a degree of leeway when it comes to his behaviour. He's very skillfully cultivated a relationship with the media and, potentially, with officials.

This obviously leads to much irritation from certain quarters - most notably Liverpool's rivals. That's understandable.

What's completely ignored here, though, is the craft and skill that Klopp is utilising. His media relations are quite deliberate. His persona is quite deliberate. His charisma carries him through potentially sticky situations.

He's not demented. He's not losing it. Very much the opposite.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
It's just insane. They were incredible back then and they did it by playing the game with grit, speed and flair. When we finally knocked them off their perch, it was an incredible feat. Admittedly we got lucky in the Littlewoods Cup Final, but taking the league from their grasp in 89 was a blow that they never really recovered from. Their last league title was a last gasp then it all went to shit.
It's not often I'd agree with @PickledRed but he's right here. You'd swear Liverpool were the only team that could pass the ball back to the goalie. They used it as a tactic, sure, but so did plenty of teams when defending a lead. Fact is, that 20 year period is at worst, the 2nd most dominant period of an English club ever, behind Fergie era United.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The back pass change didnt help Liverpool but what really shafted them was the game being cleaned up and the professional foul kicking in.

Liverpool big match tactic was to foul,foul,foul as soon as player got near their box. or take out a key player early on.
The crucial turning point in the game was an early ‘tackle’ on Tony Galvin by the former Tottenham player and Liverpool hard-man Graeme Souness. It made Galvin virtually a passenger and he had obviously been targeted by Liverpool as a threat who had to be dealt with. Graham Roberts who was one of the Spurs substitutes for the Final was furious and in an article in the New Sunday Times in 1984, he wrote,

‘The ball was knocked out to our winger Tony Galvin in a deep position and Souness, attempting a tackle, put his studs right down the lad’s shin. Tony could hardly walk and for weeks had to play with cotton wool stuffed under his pads.’

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Whether people on here like it or not, Klopp has a lightness of touch that offers him a degree of leeway when it comes to his behaviour. He's very skillfully cultivated a relationship with the media and, potentially, with officials.

This obviously leads to much irritation from certain quarters - most notably Liverpool's rivals. That's understandable.

What's completely ignored here, though, is the craft and skill that Klopp is utilising. His media relations are quite deliberate. His persona is quite deliberate. His charisma carries him through potentially sticky situations.

:lol:

This reads like a fecking parody of a post. You're probably being serious though!

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
The back pass change didnt help Liverpool but what really shafted them was the game being cleaned up and the professional foul kicking in.

Liverpool big match tactic was to foul,foul,foul as soon as player got near their box.
While you're overstating your case here, i agree that Liverpool had a team of bastards. Bully bastards who intimidated opponents. The Evans team were very talented but lacked the devilment required. SAF certainly built early success on hardened tactics. As did Wenger.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

This reads like a fecking parody of a post. You're probably being serious though!
Indeed. I'm right. All the evidence of his treatment indicates I'm right. Or do you have evidence to corroborate the opposite?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Indeed. I'm right. All the evidence of his treatment indicates I'm right. Or do you have evidence to corroborate the opposite?
This is Rafa all over again. There's no arguing with deluded scousers in denial.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

Liverpool big match tactic was to foul,foul,foul as soon as player got near their box. or take out a key player early on.
Jesus christ, you're fecking mental. Did Kenny Dalgleish shit on your lawn or something?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

The most hilarious thing about this post is that a year ago when Utd posters on here were saying that Klopp did everything intentionally with the media and knew eyes were on him, Pool posters were saying that's bullshit and it's simply his passionate, natural attitude.

Now, one year later, when he's showing how much of a nutter and wanker he actually is, and being a cnut to the media and on the sidelines, he apparently is actually doing it intentionally and knows what he's doing.

EyeInTheSky

Not sure why he's complaining about the penalty. Thought it was a nailed on penalty.
A man under stress like that can't see reason. Imagine a game against a rival for the title after having a 95 year low in results at home and a game that can define your season.

We as fans can't begin to imagine the stress they are under with the magnifying glass of the news/ media. Social media just adds more weight to it as well something that the older generation of managers never had to deal with

He just seems to explode with rage at these situations, needs to handle it better. Most managers go through this at some point and loose it but we're all human

Jaybomb

I've just been watching skysports and they were laughing about how he acted towards the fourth official and its fine because he's now apologised. If that was Mourinho he'd be absolutely hammered by the media and the FA would be investigating it already.
Hopefully Mourinho does the same thing tonight and exposes them all as hypocrites.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Grinner is possibly the biggest troll on this forum at the moment.

I guess he/she has been on here so long it just gets tolerated.

Awaits Grinner comeback which says something like "that must be why you are tolerated then"

Ban

I had an argiment with another Liverpool fan here who claimed he is just like that. Pure passion and all. And you claim everything he does he does on purpose. Even going full mental on 4th official. Tell me what is he trying to achieve?

montpelier

Souness - never ever sent off, :eek:

Carragher - never sent off at Anfield - :rolleyes:, (should have gone at least twice in Utd games)