Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm not sure he even needs to win anything this season. They've only won one League Cup in the last decade, and, if they sack him, who could they get who would be a clear improvement? Klopp is no Roy Hodgson, he's obviously good.

Well I can’t see them finishing in the top 4. Which would mean a regression. I’m not sure the owners will be happy considering they’ve hardly made any improvements. A trophy would pacify a finish outside the top 4. As for the manager it will clearly be Rafa again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, of course he would survive fifth. Jose finished sixth last season. He's gotten Liverpool back in the Champions League, which is a big thing. He needs to sort that defence though.
Jose did win 2 trophies and still get us into the champions league though.

Klopp coming 5th without any of the above is completely different. Not to mention that was his 2nd season and it was only Jose's first.

However, I don't think he'd get sacked, but I think the pressure would ramp up. Almost like a mini Rodgers, over performing one year, meaning what would have been alright the next year no longer is.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I know the guy is a bit shot away, and is infamous for his nutty comments, but on what planet would it be a backwards step!

Leaving an 80s giant for a current giant. In his home country, where he'd automatically finish top 2 even if he brought Liverpool's defence with him!
To be fair to him he speaks his mind, and that mind is an absolute trainwreck.

Jose did win 2 trophies and still get us into the champions league though.

Klopp coming 5th without any of the above is completely different. Not to mention that was his 2nd season and it was only Jose's first.

However, I don't think he'd get sacked, but I think the pressure would ramp up. Almost like a mini Rodgers, over performing one year, meaning what would have been alright the next year no longer is.
Very true, but, even if Jose had won nothing last season, I don't think he would have been sacked, because the board know he is top class. Similarly, the Scouse board know Klopp is talented and they probably wouldn't get anyone better. I think he'll be okay barring a terrible league finish, but that can't continue indefinitely. Liverpool mightn't win much these days, but they still have expectations.

Classical Mechanic

I know the guy is a bit shot away, and is infamous for his nutty comments, but on what planet would it be a backwards step!

Leaving an 80s giant for a current giant. In his home country, where he'd automatically finish top 2 even if he brought Liverpool's defence with him!
Think he means it would be the easy way out and it would.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Jose finished 6th but a) it was his first season, whereas this is Klopp's second, and b) he got us into the CL anyway. Of course if Klopp won the Europa it would buy him time.

I actually suspect youre right anyway, but there has to be a point at which his bosses would say enough is enough. I agree with your last point as well, I like Klopp and if they are patient with him I reckon they will keep improving. As in, beyond this season. It takes time.
It's Klopp's 3rd season.

marlowe78

Well I can’t see them finishing in the top 4. Which would mean a regression. I’m not sure the owners will be happy considering they’ve hardly made any improvements. A trophy would pacify a finish outside the top 4. As for the manager it will clearly be Rafa again.
If how the board dealt with Rodgers is any indication, I think Klopp will stay on longer than some people think.

I honestly don't know how Rodgers stayed on for that last season. Losing Suarez was big, but he finished out of the CL spots and it was clear in the last games of 14/15 (including the very last one when they were blown out by Stoke) that the players didn't want to play for him anymore. Somehow, Rodgers survived when they could've had Klopp during that summer. So I get the feeling that the board's threshold for pain is rather high. As long as the players seem to be playing for Klopp, he'll stay.

What helps him right now is that there isn't anyone really available except Ancellotti or Tuchel (have I missed anyone?) and the narrative is 'who will you replace him with.'

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Oh jurgen you should never hit out at the media while you are in problems. If they lose to us at anfield the knives will be out in the media and with ancelotti available Liverpool's board could swing the axe if jurgen's results dont change by december.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Oh jurgen you should never hit out at the media while you are in problems. If they lose to us at anfield the knives will be out in the media and with ancelotti available Liverpool's board could swing the axe if jurgen's results dont change by december.
Yeah I don't know how I feel about that. Both Rodgers and Klopp have thrown away promising future by being completely inept in the transfer window(s). Ancellotti is proven not to have that blind spot. Not that it's happening, hypothetical and all that obviously.

ti vu

Yeah I don't know how I feel about that. Both Rodgers and Klopp have thrown away promising future by being completely inept in the transfer window(s). Ancellotti is proven not to have that blind spot. Not that it's happening, hypothetical and all that obviously.
Just to remind you that Ancelotti is more a head coach than a manager. He is not as involved in transfer dealings. He did get signings forced on him. His best ability is adapt to that demand while given no choice. Expecting him to be able to oversee your transfer dealings maybe a huge ask.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I think you could get him now before the Milan spot opens up again. Their owners want results and Montella isnt a top coach. Its a bit romantic for Carlo too with him making a great Ac milan team earlier in his career. Then there is chelsea who might lose conte to italy (he said in an interview he misses italy and will return,also he hasnt signed any extensions even when he was offered one), who might take ancelotti on.

Will Liverpool be ruthless with Klopp if this continues? I think until you are out of the champions league places you will keep him. I do think a win against us, and he will buy himself a month or so. If you lose to us at home, well then it could all be about to implode for him. The break probably comes at a good time for you as klopp can look at what changes he needs to make and a bad time for us as it disrupts our momentum.

Ancelotti along with being a good manager is also a "yes man". He will be ok with boards decision to sell players like coutinhio unlike klopp who according to rumours might have walked if coutinho left.

Ban

Please God lets win there with an offside goal after an offensive foul, second goal with a handball and a 3rd by Pogba who will be ruled out a day before.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Just to remind you that Ancelotti is more a head coach than a manager. He is not as involved in transfer dealings. He did get signings forced on him. His best ability is adapt to that demand while given no choice. Expecting him to be able to oversee your transfer dealings maybe a huge ask.
Liverpool owners like to work with a transfer committee and i think ancelotti has no problems with anyone else handling the transfers. A "yes man" that any board would want.

Alabaster Codify7

Man, the thread title/latest quote from him is priceless. That's up there with anything the most cringeworthy of managers have ever uttered in recent times. He's wobbling, alright. The façade is cracking a bit, it seems.

ti vu

Liverpool owners like to work with a transfer committee and i think ancelotti has no problems with anyone else handling the transfers. A "yes man" that any board would want.
I don't know much about L'pool. My post was to clarify that it would be misplaced hope to expect Ancelotti himself would bring a positive change in L'pool transfer policy (bringing good player in position where it matters)

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Just as I want Wenger to stay at AFC for another 10 years, I would very much like Klopp to remain at LFC for the same period.
The above will ensure that these 2 clubs are never challenging us for the title.
Now all we need is to get Moyes managing Man City and we are all set.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
The most frustrating thing is that I'm not entirely convinced we have a system that gets the best out of what we have. It seems very centred on individual quality.
People will probably think I'm deflecting from Klopp here but I refuse to believe a manager like that would be saddled with the same issues intentionally. FSG get off really easily with Liverpool supporters. He's the perfect manager for them aswell.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Revelation.
He's being too modest here. Newcastle scored despite being defensive so it should only count as half a goal whereas Klopp played his rock and roll style resulting in a goal which should obviously count for two.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Our problem has been trusting managers to buy their own trademark players. Memory is hazy but wasn't Torres, Alonso and Masch kind of thrust upon Rafa? LFC fans can correct me. Suarez was thrust upon Dalglish who had no idea who he was, while he forced the board into a corner to sign Carroll and Downing. Rodgers specifically did NOT want Sturridge and Coutinho in that transfer window yet forced the board into buying Benteke. And now Mane is Klopp's best player but not one he bought. He insisted on the Ox. FFS!

My point is our scouts, as crap as they are, outperform our managers 90% of the time. If Klopp doesn't like it maybe it's time to get that yes man. I don't mind selling top class players for top dollar as long as they are suitably replaced with the next big thing.

ti vu

Our problem has been trusting managers to buy their own trademark players. Memory is hazy but wasn't Torres, Alonso and Masch kind of thrust upon Rafa? LFC fans can correct me. Suarez was thrust upon Dalglish who had no idea who he was, while he forced the board into a corner to sign Carroll and Downing. Rodgers specifically did NOT want Sturridge and Coutinho in that transfer window yet forced the board into buying Benteke. And now Mane is Klopp's best player but not one he bought. He insisted on the Ox. FFS!

My point is our scouts, as crap as they are, outperform our managers 90% of the time. If Klopp doesn't like it maybe it's time to get that yes man. I don't mind selling top class players for top dollar as long as they are suitably replaced with the next big thing.
Fair points. Like I said, I don't have clue how L'pool. If it were as you described then that maybe a break through.