g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
How does that render the tweet disingenuous though?
The tweet implies that Klopp after 74 games is being given preferential treatment when compared to Rodgers at the same point. This is clearly not the case.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here?

Solo Toure

I actually liked Klopp from afar when he was at Dortmund, however now that I have seen him week in and week out, he really is just a deluded man who moans and makes excuses on why he and his team has failed.

A match made in heaven for the Scousers I guess.

prtk0811

Can't believe the team who likes to play" heavy metal football " gets bugged by what's been written in the newspapers.:lol:

Akshay

Staff
I’ve seen him compared to Moyes and the Cookie Monster in this thread, but it’s not like we’re in a crisis. It’s just frustrating that games seem to be repeating the same patterns.

Klopp’s stubbornness surrounding his style of play will hold him back here and at other clubs he manages. He definitely needs to learn and develop just like players do.
I agree. You're not in serious trouble but the defense is a problem and Klopp doesn't seem to know how to fix it. I think that the summer transfer window will prove to be your undoing however. With Spurs and Arsenal both tightfisted there was an opportunity for Liverpool to get some real quality in and cement that CL spot. As it stands Spurs will probably pip you to it despite their Wembley issues.

Scarlet Spider

Would Liverpool fans be happy if Klopp took the Bayern Munich job and Ancellotti took over at Anfield?

Alex Styles

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Really good sides keep clean sheets as a matter of course. We're currently not a really good side. By my reckoning that's the 7th game in a row where we've failed to keep out the opposition. That's not even nearly good enough. The United match could - & I emphasize the word 'could' - be the confidence catalyst that kick starts our season. Failure to win the game however, or god forbid we lose it. Then that would really put the fox in the hen coop.

Adebesi

Anyone ever noticed that every manager Liverpool ever have, United fans always want to keep him there and worry about what will happen if they're replaced by someone else. From KRAP onwards, KK, Rodgers, whoever, keep them at 'Pool. Whatever happens, I really don't think there's anything much to worry about.

I guess this is a little complacent, one day it won't be true. And I'm not saying I'm immune from worrying about someone awakening that particular giant from its 27 year slumber. I just don't think there's much chance sacking Klopp will be the catalyst that changes their fortunes.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Anyone ever noticed that every manager Liverpool ever have, United fans always want to keep him there and worry about what will happen if they're replaced by someone else. From KRAP onwards, KK, Rodgers, whoever, keep them at 'Pool. Whatever happens, I really don't think there's anything much to worry about.

I guess this is a little complacent, one day it won't be true. And I'm not saying I'm immune from worrying about someone awakening that particular giant from its 27 year slumber. I just don't think there's much chance sacking Klopp will be the catalyst that changes their fortunes.
You think too much, unless some billionaire who doesnt give a hood about money comes and do a Fooball manager level spending and emulate city, they wont be able to compete with the elites. You top it up with the TV money, they cant even attract Van Dijks of this world so easily. Stanley park will not be ready in another few years, ManUtd, psg real and barcelona are already a bigger brand in asia.
Despite having the cash, there are some players who simply will laugh at their approach. And you cant blame them. Their player pulling power has been diminishing steadily over the years. Players are viewing them as merely stepping stones since the early 2000s.

Like i said, barring a crazy multi billionaire takeover liverpool will not return. The wheels of success and failure is no longer revolving like how it was. Money and fame has broken it, and liverpool doesn't have that fame anymore.

zing

Zingle balls
The other clubs must be thankful that Liverpool took this bullet for them. Klopp would have been very realistically in the frame for the jobs at United and Arsenal(if Wenger went).

Liverpool can't arrest this malaise without money - like the poster above has said. Can't help if you spend all your money on useless transfers, though.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I’ve seen him compared to Moyes and the Cookie Monster in this thread, but it’s not like we’re in a crisis. It’s just frustrating that games seem to be repeating the same patterns.

Klopp’s stubbornness surrounding his style of play will hold him back here and at other clubs he manages. He definitely needs to learn and develop just like players do.
Just watched the full presser. Poor old Klopp. He looks different, more down, sad, almost. Nice guy, makes you wonder about dressing room dynamics at Anfield. (Still, I think he does look a bit like Cookie Monster, only CM was blue).

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4537443/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-defending-book-two-hours/

Klopp said: “We concede too much - there’s no doubt.

“That’s really hard for me because I’m a really good defensive coach.”

Klopp added: “I don’t know everything about football, but I could write a book in the next two hours about which space we have to defend, why, when and where you have to be, when you have to push up.

“But you have to do it.”
Sounds like page 2 of his CV. Watched two very uncomfortable pressers over the weekend. Roy and Jurgen. Not so long since it was Moyes with that pathetic face.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He's crackin' up, he's crackin' up, he's crackin'...Jurgen's crackin' up! :lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4537443/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-defending-book-two-hours/

Klopp said: “We concede too much - there’s no doubt.

“That’s really hard for me because I’m a really good defensive coach.”

Klopp added: “I don’t know everything about football, but I could write a book in the next two hours about which space we have to defend, why, when and where you have to be, when you have to push up.

“But you have to do it.”
Would be the worst German book about defence ever since Mein Kampf.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
The other clubs must be thankful that Liverpool took this bullet for them. Klopp would have been very realistically in the frame for the jobs at United and Arsenal(if Wenger went).

Liverpool can't arrest this malaise without money - like the poster above has said. Can't help if you spend all your money on useless transfers, though.

Money is certainly needed, but you're right on the second part too. I've written about this issue before, but deciding not to buy a quality CB, quality DM or quality CF and instead spend 40m on Ox seems more and ridiculous.

Shiva87

Expectations are different things.

3 Teams expect to challenge for the league.

6 Teams expect to finish in the top 4.

Those statements are true but reality is going to bite for a couple of teams in each scenario.
That really isn't accurate. Realistically, there are still 5 teams who expect to challenge for the title and 1 team who wants to finish 4th.

Liverpool had a good season last year, kept hold of Coutinho and strengthened over the summer. They are having a bad patch right now - but I'm sure their manager, players and fans want a title challenge. Whether or not they can keep up is a different thing altogether!

Spurs have been finishing 2nd for two seasons now and will fancy themselves to step up.

If anything, the club which has the most to prove to get into the top 4 is us. We weren't close to it last season (and Jose through in the towel because the chances were low of us finishing there).

Anyway - I agree with your point that two teams will miss out, but I won't want to get caught up in the media hype that it's a 3 horse race. Spurs are definitely in it.

Liverpool will also be back in it if they manage to beat us at home. If we win, we can really put a hammer blow to their hopes this season and open up a big gap!

ZAGREB RED

Maybe Klopp should tell them to stop reading the press then. Seriously though, if a professional footballer under-performs due to negative reports he has read about himself, he should get another job. Thick skin and all that, if a player loses confidence in himself because a journalist says he isn't playing well, that is laughable.
Maybe Klopp's time would be better spent scouting a decent keeper and defenders, although I hope he carries on with his cloud-cuckoo land ideas and doesn't, obviously.
Liverpool (and Arsenal) will struggle to finish top 4 this season, never mind challenge for the title, they are a bit behind United, City, Spurs and Chelsea.

macheda14

:houllier: It's like you've started watching footy this year! When was the last time we smashed them at Anfield? And that has been when we've had incredible sides, versus their appalling ones.
We used to beat them when we had a poor team and they were in their dominant days. These games don't go to form, and I never look forward to this fixture
I mean it was 2-1, but we took them to the cleaners two years ago at juanfield. Missed a penalty as well so it should have been more.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I mean it was 2-1, but we took them to the cleaners two years ago at juanfield. Missed a penalty as well so it should have been more.
Agreed, probably the best performance I can ever remember at Anfield from us. We dominated from start to finish.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
That really isn't accurate. Realistically, there are still 5 teams who expect to challenge for the title and 1 team who wants to finish 4th.

Spurs have been finishing 2nd for two seasons now and will fancy themselves to step up.

Anyway - I agree with your point that two teams will miss out, but I won't want to get caught up in the media hype that it's a 3 horse race. Spurs are definitely in it.
I'm measuring expectation, not logic.

Not a single Spurs fan in the country expects to win the league.

Most Chelsea, City and United fans do.