Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
If he gets sacked between now and the beginning of next season I’ll accept that fate. Right now he’s not doing bad enough to warrant that.
Oh, the KRAP stands for Klopp Remains At Pool. A spin on old caf favourite Keep Rafa At Pool.

It wouldn't work if he's sacked!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If he gets sacked between now and the beginning of next season I’ll accept that fate. Right now he’s not doing bad enough to warrant that.
It's never a good sign when the media turn on you, but he only has himself to blame for that. Most of the KRAP he spouts in the media is unbecomming of a top flight football manager, the only thing he is gaining from these childish statements is ridicule and loathing. The writing is on the wall if you ask me, I'd be surprised if he lasts the season.

Problem is who will you get to replace him? The Liverpool job has become somewhat of a poisoned chalice, failure appears to be inevitable at this point regardless of who takes the job.

Shiva87

I'm measuring expectation, not logic.

Not a single Spurs fan in the country expects to win the league.

Most Chelsea, City and United fans do.
Are you sure about that? How long can Spurs start losing it's top players if they don't win something this season? I know a Spurs fan here in Mumbai and he definitely wants to win the title. Whether he expects it or not is a different matter.

I don't think most United fans expect to win the title either. What we do expect is a title challenge (same for Spurs imo)

tomaldinho1

I don't even think Klopp's underachieving tbh, they're 2 points off 3rd placed Tottenham in 7th. I fully expect them to climb to around 4th - 5th this season but that's about where realistic expectations should be.

I blame Klopp for terrible planning and recruitment but with the squad they have winning the league was always highly unlikely.

City seem everyone's favourites for the title this year and how many LPool players would get near that squad? Coutinho and Mane? And they probably both couldn't start given the talent already there. The overall quality of LPool's squad is simply a level below Man Utd, City, Chelsea and Spurs IMO.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Our problem has been trusting managers to buy their own trademark players. Memory is hazy but wasn't Torres, Alonso and Masch kind of thrust upon Rafa? LFC fans can correct me. Suarez was thrust upon Dalglish who had no idea who he was, while he forced the board into a corner to sign Carroll and Downing. Rodgers specifically did NOT want Sturridge and Coutinho in that transfer window yet forced the board into buying Benteke. And now Mane is Klopp's best player but not one he bought. He insisted on the Ox. FFS!

My point is our scouts, as crap as they are, outperform our managers 90% of the time. If Klopp doesn't like it maybe it's time to get that yes man. I don't mind selling top class players for top dollar as long as they are suitably replaced with the next big thing.
Still cant believe you guys got Xabi Alonso then let him go

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Still cant believe you guys got Xabi Alonso then let him go
Tbf It was Real Madrid, he hadn't won anything with us in three years at that point although that was one of the best Livepool team that I've seen in my lifetime and then there was the whole Barry thing. On a sidenote, I've always been annoyed at the amount of oppo fans and journalists who were acting as if Alonso was prime Platini the whole time he was with us, he wasn't consistent in the league at all in the 05/06 and 06/07 seasons. We finished trophyless, something had to change but as much I loved Benitez he messed up with Alonso and Barry so he left.

Can7onA

Their defense is really entertaining me this season. Maybe the press need to report on the positives for once to spare the boys' feelings.

"Look lads, I know you're shit but you're entertaining the Man Utd fans, positive mental attitude lads, always find a positive"

Reactions: SteveJ

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
Maybe Klopp should tell them to stop reading the press then. Seriously though, if a professional footballer under-performs due to negative reports he has read about himself, he should get another job. Thick skin and all that, if a player loses confidence in himself because a journalist says he isn't playing well, that is laughable.
Maybe Klopp's time would be better spent scouting a decent keeper and defenders, although I hope he carries on with his cloud-cuckoo land ideas and doesn't, obviously.
Liverpool (and Arsenal) will struggle to finish top 4 this season, never mind challenge for the title, they are a bit behind United, City, Spurs and Chelsea.
Shhhh :nono:. The "boys" might read this and feel bad.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Are you sure about that? How long can Spurs start losing it's top players if they don't win something this season? I know a Spurs fan here in Mumbai and he definitely wants to win the title. Whether he expects it or not is a different matter.

I don't think most United fans expect to win the title either. What we do expect is a title challenge (same for Spurs imo)
I stand by the original point I made.

Spurs fans explain away everything to get away from outright saying "We should aim to win the league". The idea of winning it is such an abstract thought for them. Understandably.

Alex Styles

Klopp must stay at Liverpool at all costs. He makes so many excuses that this thread's title cannot be updated accordingly.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
You know Glaston, right?
Hahaha. All that lad is concerned about is progression. Glaston spends more times explaining why they shouldn't be expected to win the league than he does elevating them.

Two years on the spin they've had the sum; Best Defence + Dynamic midfield + Best forward = Nothing

United, City & Chelsea live in expectation
Spurs live in hope
Arsenal live in their neighbours growing shadow
Liverpool live in the past & future

Bwuk

I wouldn't worry about the boys reading this. I'm not convinced Jordan Henderson can read looking at him.

Treble

Sounds reasonable to me, I'd give him a B+. Europa League final the first (half) season, and a top 4 finish the second. Negatives are hasn't won a trophy and defense still looks shaky.
Yep, he isn't half as bad as many United fans portray him. May look like a lunatic at times but he is a good manager. To finish with this squad 7 pts above United in the league last season was pretty decent, all the more he couldn't use Mane and Coutinho for extended periods.

opopop

B :lol:

Such a deluded bunch.
Did he just say they should sign Aubameyang in january and then immediately after say it's tough cause they have restrictions on what they can spend.

Peanut Butter

Klopp is decent. The problem with footy fans is that they're always focusing on the here and now, where Liverpool are currently a bit crap.

If Liverpool smash is 3-0 with attacking football on Saturday, I guarantee you the same Utd fans criticising Klopp now will be the ones who say "We should have gone for Klopp before Liverpool!" Etc.

Fickle.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Klopp is decent. The problem with footy fans is that they're always focusing on the here and now, where Liverpool are currently a bit crap.

If Liverpool smash is 3-0 with attacking football on Saturday, I guarantee you the same Utd fans criticising Klopp now will be the ones who say "We should have gone for Klopp before Liverpool!" Etc.

Fickle.
Exactly