g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

James Peril

The funny thing is, Liverpool doesn’t play beautiful, attacking football. It’s this hipster crap without any root in reality. They are miles behind the best teams

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
His Liverpool play like an impotent fandango dancer doing the world's most elaborate mating dance.

prtk0811

At United you can not control so much off the ball and be absolutely dross in attack at the same time.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Say what you want but he didn't bite on the Lukaku foul question. Credit where it's due. Earned some respect from me there...

NinjaFletch

Defend?

It's true, they definitely can't defend at Liverpool, to be fair.

Maybe that's what he meant?

'You can't play this way at Liverpool [because our defence is shit, and I've spectacularly failed to address a glaring error in the squad over several transfer windows], but it's ok for Manchester United [because they actually have some defenders]'

Kapardin

Jurgen Klopp refuses to criticise Jose Mourinho's approach to the game but does say: "For sure you could not play this way at Liverpool but it's OK for Manchester United."

:lol:
Quite true, we play to get whatever result favors us. Not some romantic heavy metal bollox that results in being winless in 8 games and trophyless for quite awhile.

Natener

You keep playing your Liverpool way then and we keep racking up trophies our way.

Member 90887

He has a fair point to be fair
That's the difference between a successful manager who's ready to do anything to win titles, and one whose run with Liverpool is compared to Rogers'. He doesn't know how to adapt his team to the oponnent ans that's why he'll never win a thing in England.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That's the difference between a successful manager who's ready to do anything to win, and one whose run with Liverpool is compared to Rogers. He doesn't know how to adapt his team to the oponnent ans that's why he'll never win a thing in England.
That maybe the case but it’s still a fair point. I don’t mind because I always prefer titles over sexy football but then, we’d better win the title!

JustinC00

Said the man who was 7 points below United, scored 8 less goals and conceded 10 more than them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Of course you can play this way at Liverpool. United also have a tradition of attacking football but you play the way the manager wants. If Jose wanted to manage Liverpool and their wasn't hatred between him and their fans, he'd manage them and do the same there.

Jacko21

That quote from Klopp in the thread title is misleading.

I interpreted that as, his Liverpool team can’t take that approach because they’re not sound enough defensively. But United can given our defence and manager.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Is it our fault that Liverpool play the same way regardless of the opponent and therefore naively play into their hands? What does he expect?

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
He’s right that we came for a point and got it. Liverpool needed three to stay in touch and didn’t get it. He’s bitter about that so has a pointless dig about what’s acceptable at each club. Liverpool’s entire history is built off cautious (often negative) football, especially the few successes they’ve had in last 30 years.

parkthebuslads

It's a little unnecessary but we can't have any real objections to it, can we? When the time comes to congratulate the eventual league winners I'll have absolutely no complaints because the day that you can win the PL with an attitude like ours is the day it's not worth winning. And that's based on the fact that what we've just served up is an accurate representation of what we and Jose are about as a club now, not on any judgment purely reactionary to this one match.

Zoo

One win in eight. This guy is going to feel the pressure very soon.

Irrational.

Wait, what?

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp to BBC: “[It was] a good performance, I thought worthy of three points. We were unlucky in at least two, maybe three situations - of course the big chance when De Gea made the save.

"There were a lot of good individual performances. Even when the last few games for us were not perfect, we were clear and concentrated. When an opponent has this kind of defensive approach you will not create 20 chances.

"I felt the referee should have given us a penalty. Then, maybe, it was a red card with the Lukaku and Lovren situation. Two situations, with different outcomes producing maybe a different result.

“We need to be creative and brave in a situation like we are in. We don’t score easy goals anymore so the biggest challenge is not to lose confidence and we haven’t. We carry on. I told the boys already they took the hard way when they decided to join Liverpool."
He literally just told Sky Sports that he didn't see the Lukaku/ Lovren incident and when egged on by Shreeves said "I don't know, its for you guys to analyse". Seems like he's picked up on it and is using it as ammunition towards this alleged conspiracy against him.

As for the last part of the quote :lol:

The only thing more unhinged than Klopp is his jaw.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
United scored 21 goals this season, Liverpool 13 so far... He has absolutely no arguments against Jose. His attack is ineffective and his defense is boiled liquid shite except maybe less than few players.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Klopp is unbearable. Glad we didn't lose to them.