g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

LARulz

Mourinho having his own digs :lol:

"At home, 7 points behind I thought they'd change the team but exactly the same"

Baxter

He didn't change his formation and made like for like switches leaving 1 up all game. I'd hardly say they went for it.

AN17

Maybe he is bitter for not getting points, but you cannot have a go at what he said. A team that had a horrible defense and imbalanced midfield dared to show ambition and go for a win while even after spending so much, all we wanted was a point.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They're the club that sells a range of manager merchandise; guess that will keep the fans happy until they actually win something significant. In contrast, I'd say we've got our priorities right.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
...dared to show ambition
They were at home against their historical rivals & they're way behind in the league; a non-league team would've shown the same 'ambition'.

Inter Yer Nan

The hypocrisy of their fans regarding styles of football. They loved Houllier who always parked the bus same with Benitez. The club is not built on stylish Football yet they have a one dimensional manager who can't win any other way and if you don't play into their hands they take the moral high ground and act like they are the only team that's attacked ever.

AXVnee7

Liverpool are garbage:lol:

Absolutely dreadful finishing. It’s another game without a win for them. Not even that part of the season yet when Klopp will have run his team into the ground.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I know I'll get slaughtered but Liverpool should have won that. If they get another few good players and a proper striker they'll be a force because they want to play the right way. We were terrible today. 500+ million and we have the keeper hoofing the ball up to a 75£Million striker who did absolutely nothing all game. Their defenders are pretty shite, when did we actually test them? We made them look like good players! They looked like the team top of the league vs the plucky underdogs holding out for a draw. Are the margins really that fine, did our players just fail to show up or was the game plan always a cynical one? I think it's the latter. I know coming away from there getting beat 1-0 but playing good honest attacking football wins you nothing but at the end of the day we were shocking. Tactically they were all over us all over the park and with a little more quality would have put us to the sword easily enough. We didn't look like scoring even if that game went on for a week.
I'm a big Jose fan but if there's such a thing as a bad point then that's it. We show then way too much respect. Watch them draw and lose games there all season against teams with far less resources than us. If we aspire to be like the Bayerns barcas reals etc of this world then we need to start playing well and stamping our authority on big matches too. Meh.

Last edited:

Schneckerl

I used to like him when he coached BVB annd won the Bundesliga, though he is such an annoying whiner who makes up laughable excuses now. Guess he always was like that, but it wasn't as obvious when he was winning stuff.

Kapardin

They have Spurs and Huddersfield next. One's a big team and the other's the stereotypical lower team that would fancy getting a point against them.

Think Klopp should be worrying as to whether they can get out of mid-table after those fixtures done with. Mane's out, their finishing is as appalling as ours last season, can't seem to buy a goal for all that claim about being a super attacking team.

walkinhop

I know why he said that. The Liverpool owners know they won't win anything and each manager is briefed and hired to play good-looking football, regardless of the situation to appease the fans who might revolt otherwise. Yup, that's why this is happening. Dust in your eyes koppites.

AN17

They were at home against their historical rivals & they're way behind in the league; a non-league team would've shown the same 'ambition'.
Ok then, they did what was expected of them.

Question is, did we ? Nobody is asking for swashbuckling football mate, just a little something to be proud of our team.

BullishBull

Supports
Liverpool
You guys are just biting just because he is Liverpool manager but there is some truth in what he said. How much has been spent so far? We haven’t won in 7 odd games, I would expect so much better if I was a United fan. Martial v Gomez, Lukaku v Lovren etc. The game was there for you to attack us. Even Burnley showed more ambition against us this season. I’m not bitter about the result as I genuinely expected a loss but I just consider whether Real Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona would play like that.

Phil

Another shithouse Liverpool manager feeding the storylines their fans lap up that will win nothing of importance.

Next guy will definitely be the one though.

Magnus

Another mad swede
The monkeys didn't beat us so I couldn't care less about our performance. In our other games though I prefer to be entertained like I was when we won feck all (late 70s and almost all of the 80s).

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
The hypocrisy of their fans regarding styles of football. They loved Houllier who always parked the bus same with Benitez. The club is not built on stylish Football yet they have a one dimensional manager who can't win any other way and if you don't play into their hands they take the moral high ground and act like they are the only team that's attacked ever.
This. You'd swear they were 1970s Brazil. The best passage of play in the game was the Lukaku chance ffs.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
You guys are just biting just because he is Liverpool manager but there is some truth in what he said. How much has been spent so far? We haven’t won in 7 odd games, I would expect so much better if I was a United fan. Martial v Gomez, Lukaku v Lovren etc. The game was there for you to attack us. Even Burnley showed more ambition against us this season. I’m not bitter about the result as I genuinely expected a loss but I just consider whether Real Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona would play like that.
I agree with this. Game raising and the occasion aside we showed them far far too much respect.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Everyone keeps going on about 1 win in 8 for them and their league position etc what I don't understand is why couldn't we beat them then? I actually agree and don't rate them at all that's why I'm annoyed with our approach we couldn't have taken them playing our normal game. I've got no sympathy for us after these tactics and don't blame Klopp for criticising our approach.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Same with Salah earlier. They just wait for an opportunity to throw themselves to the ground as soon as a player is nearby and could touch them
I'm pretty sure they were using it as a legit tactic. Get just inside the box then spin around as much as possible until someone clips you

montpelier

Same with Salah earlier. They just wait for an opportunity to throw themselves to the ground as soon as a player is nearby and could touch them
hence the referees kinda saying, ''nah, not enough, you're not having that'' - dare I say it probably evens out at the end of the day

Atkinson was predictably terrible** innit - 2 big decisions he didn't want to know about & everything else to the home team

**in a low-key kinda way

Nori-

Jurgen Flopp whining about Uniteds style is simply a tactic to deflect from the point that Liverpool after no better in almost 2 and a half under under Flopp, than they were under Benitez or Rogers.

The myth of Jurgen Flopp is slowly falling apart. Ho Ho Ho

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Everyone keeps going on about 1 win in 8 for them and their league position etc what I don't understand is why couldn't we beat them then? I actually agree and don't rate them at all that's why I'm annoyed with our approach we couldn't have taken them playing our normal game. I've got no sympathy for us after these tactics and don't blame Klopp for criticising our approach.
I think in Mourinho's eyes, a loss could be more damaging than a win is positive. So he obviously employed a very cautious game plan, hoping we could steal a goal and win the game with little possession. If we'd have gone out to play attacking football, we may well have beaten them. But Mourinho didn't want to take that risk.

lysglimt

Scout
He has a point - I don't know what we tried to do that, but it had Little to do with football. This is the part of Mourinho I just can't stand. We have impressed, played brilliant football....and first sign of problems, we decide to stop playing football and put 10 men behind the ball.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Stupid comments given how they lines up at OT last season. Without the penalty pogba gave away their performance wouldn't have been much different.

That said, I thought the way we went about the game was a bit embarrassing. The mistakes their defence will make were never forced and we couldn't retain possession to save our lives.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He has a point - I don't know what we tried to do that, but it had Little to do with football. This is the part of Mourinho I just can't stand. We have impressed, played brilliant football....and first sign of problems, we decide to stop playing football and put 10 men behind the ball.
Not really. It made sense in a lot of ways. Uniteds always been shit at anfield, with or without mourinho. In great form, but a few key injuries, and liverpool were desperate for a win while we've been on a run. Coming away with a clean sheet is excellent for us.

BullishBull

Supports
Liverpool
What I can’t understand is Mourinho saying he couldn’t be more positive due to not having more midfield options. Does he really believe having Fellaini in midfield would of helped you mount more counter attacks? You can’t counter attack teams if your wingers are playing as secondary full backs. The old Mourinho used to kill teams on the counter attack but he just doesn’t anymore.