Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
If we finish first we have a mega chance of getting Bayern, Juventus or Real Madrid out of the real big teams. Finish second and PSG or Barca are the big threats. Not sure what's worse.

Womp

idiot
If we finish first we have a mega chance of getting Bayern, Juventus or Real Madrid out of the real big teams. Finish second and PSG or Barca are the big threats. Not sure what's worse.
Just drop down to the Europa lad. Easiest option.

Baxter

Surely not? He'll get a ban for that then?

That is embarrassing. Moscow are poor, and Sevilla can't defend.

Only video I could find. He tried to give the ball to Gomez quickly who dicks around and leaves it. Klopp comes in and gets involved.

Bwuk

Only video I could find. He tried to give the ball to Gomez quickly who dicks around and leaves it. Klopp comes in and gets involved.
Ah right so it's nothing really.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
ManUtd had 35% possession against Liverpool away and it became such a huge news and so many articles were printed, Liverpool had 30% possession against Sevilla away, did anyone even bothered to mention that in media? or are they too busy laughing at Liverpool's defense?

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
ManUtd had 35% possession against Liverpool away and it became such a huge news and so many articles were printed, Liverpool had 30% possession against Sevilla away, did anyone even bothered to mention that in media? or are they too busy laughing at Liverpool's defense?
To be fair, there is a difference between playing on the counter (which Liverpool did, and they scored 3) versus not even trying to attack (which is what United did).

I'd also like to call that the Ever Banega effect. That guy is a tremendous midfielder, very underrated. He dominated that second half today like Xavi. He made Henderson and Wijnaldum look like fools with his dribbling, turns and passes. Sevilla became a much better side once N'Zonzi was taken off, Banega played a deeper role (which he is more suited to) and Vazquez played the #10 role.

roonster09

Scout
To be fair, there is a difference between playing on the counter (which Liverpool did, and they scored 3) versus not even trying to attack (which is what United did).

I'd also like to call that the Ever Banega effect. That guy is a tremendous midfielder, very underrated. He dominated that second half today like Xavi. He made Henderson and Wijnaldum look like fools with his dribbling, turns and passes. Sevilla became a much better side once N'Zonzi was taken off, Banega played a deeper role (which he is more suited to) and Vazquez played the #10 role.
The point wasn't even about attacking intent, it was about ManUtd's possession.

roonster09

Scout
And those articles would not have existed if we had created the amount of chances Liverpool did against Sevilla.
They would have. It was a news about our possession, not chances as Liverpool created feck all in that game. It was only about possession.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Also, is it just me, or did Karius play really well today? :eek:

He made two really good saves: a 1-on-1 in the first half that he pushed on the post, and a close range shot in the second half that he saved and then hit the crossbar. He wasn't to blame for any of the 3 goals either.

IMO he has a higher ceiling than Mignolet. I doubt he'll ever be a great goalkeeper, but I think he can be a good one.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
They would have. It was a news about our possession, not chances as Liverpool created feck all in that game. It was only about possession.
Can you point me to these articles you are talking about here? I really doubt the articles were just about possession.

prtk0811

Yeah play attacking football all the time with 3-0 up in the first half away from home. Great tactician.

prtk0811

Can you point me to these articles you are talking about here? I really doubt the articles were just about possession.
Posession is important, But just counting on the poession stats is a diplomatic way of hiding all the safe back passing and sidepassing with no intention of penetration and force the issue.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Touche but, I do not think it relates to this Liverpool/Sevilla match at all. And Liverpool probably did not have their lowest possession in CL history our low possession against Liverpool was especially significant because it was our lowest since the started tracking possession stats in the PL. People usually do not talk about lack of possession when you score 3 goals in the first half.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Posession is important, But just counting on the poession stats is a diplomatic way of hiding all the safe back passing and sidepassing with no intention of penetration and force the issue.
That was not the case in either of the matches we are talking about right now.

prtk0811

We were set up to counter, But we were always outnumbered in the midfeild in 3v2 and got pressed very high also the fact that liverpool made it 4v2 in the seond half bringing coutinho inside to control even more posession while mkh was a complete flop in holding the ball and playmaking some decent attack. We had no choice to balance the play with no midfeilders on the bench and in the second half without the ball playing cb's who'd turn defense into attack it was direct and long on the counter. Herrera is not a playmaker from the back either and his pasing vision is very mechanical like lvg had .

prtk0811

Sevilla is a bogey team for liverpool right from the uel final where liverpool bottled it.

Kostov

People complained about the attacking intent no one would have cared about the possession if we actually created chances that match.
And what chances did Liverpool create with all their attacking intent against us? Feck all.

There was an overreaction by the media, the same morons that will keep their mouth shut for tonight, I agree with @roonster09

Jaybomb

He’s defensively inept. Simple as that.

Blame the defenders all you want but the manager hasn’t got a clue how to set his team up to not concede.

Mourinho would make Lovren and Moreno look invincible at the back. That’s because he’s a better manager.

I’m tired of hearing about how crap their defenders are. When is the manager going to take responsibility? Why do the media keep protecting him? He’s had four transfer windows since joining Liverpool and the only CBs he’s bought were Matip and Klavan. Two free transfers.

He was flirting with Van Dijk all summer and when it finally clicked that it wasn’t happening, he didn’t look for alternative options. Instead he splashed the cash on Oxlade Chamberlain. 40 million. For a winger that’s gonna warm the bench for most of the season.

Feck me.

On top of that, he makes matters worse by selling Sakho. Probably their best CB. Leaving himself short of options at the back.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Lovren would look good for you I reckon. He's very good in a deeper setup, with people around him and awful when he has to defend on the front foot with open space around him.

We basically bought the opposite of what we needed from a defender.

I don't know about moreno. He'd probably be at the level for you he's been for us this season. Somewhere between ok and good with a meltdown waiting to happen. I mean, how do you coach a guy who does this?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

Blame the defenders all you want but the manager hasn’t got a clue how to set his team up to not concede.

Mourinho would make Lovren and Moreno look invincible at the back. That’s because he’s a better manager.

I’m tired of hearing about how crap their defenders are. When is the manager going to take responsibility? Why do the media keep protecting him? He’s had four transfer windows since joining Liverpool and the only CBs he’s bought were Matip and Klavan. Two free transfers.

He was flirting with Van Dijk all summer and when it finally clicked that it wasn’t happening, he didn’t look for alternative options. Instead he splashed the cash on Oxlade Chamberlain. 40 million. For a winger that’s gonna warm the bench for most of the season.

Feck me.

On top of that, he makes matters worse by selling Sakho. Probably their best CB. Leaving himself short of options at the back.
Yep. He's a clown.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Lovren would look good for you I reckon. He's very good in a deeper setup, with people around him and awful when he has to defend on the front foot with open space around him.

We basically bought the opposite of what we needed from a defender.

I don't know about moreno. He'd probably be at the level for you he's been for us this season. Somewhere between ok and good with a meltdown waiting to happen. I mean, how do you coach a guy who does this?

Lovren’s one of the most hopeless mistake-prone defenders I’ve seen at a ‘top club’ in years. He makes our defenders look like Maldini and Barresi. He’d be hopeless in any top set-up and would have been fecked off by any manager with defensive nouse years ago. Klopp gave him a new contract.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Feck me.

I think Mourinho could get some joy out of Lovren. Based on his Southampton performances, he seems very capable (although on the flipside, that didn't work out for Schneiderlin who was one of the best players at Southampton).

Not Moreno though. As a defender, the guy is hopeless. He reminds me of a lot of Buttner, and I'd genuinely rather have Buttner than Moreno.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Last night's performance just typified Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool.

Devastating against impotent sides such as Southampton et al. But falls to pieces when teams roll up their sleeves & have a go at us like Sevilla did in the 2nd half.

You can have all these wonderful technically gifted attacking midfielders & pacey wingers. But if you ain't got character then you ain't got nothing.

Ole90+3

Devastating against impotent sides such as Southampton et al. But falls to pieces when teams roll up their sleeves & have a go at us like Sevilla did in the 2nd half.

You can have all these wonderful technically gifted attacking midfielders & pacey wingers. But if you ain't got character then you ain't got nothing.
Brendan, is that you?

Wee Joe would have all the difference in midfield last night

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

It still amazes me that Mourinho didn't have a go against us at Anfield. We're there for the taking sometimes.

I still expect us to top the group though, which will be better than our last two CL performances.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It still amazes me that Mourinho didn't have a go against us at Anfield. We're there for the taking sometimes.

I still expect us to top the group though, which will be better than our last two CL performances.
We missed the link man between attack and defense against you guys. He otherwise set up to have a go against you guys but Mkhi was just piss poor plus no fellaini or any other outlet to drive the midfield forward at the time.

That said I think he should have been more ruthless and started Mata rashford and martial all together.