Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Klopp heavily deflated in his post match interview. He didn't even have the energy for some snide comments.

Djemba-Djemba

Klopp's Fa Cup record is appalling :lol:

First season beat Exeter after a replay in round 3, knocked out by West Ham round 4.

Second season beat Plymouth after a replay in round 3, knocked out at home by Wolves in round 4.

Third season beat Everton in round 3, knocked out by West Brom at home in round 4.

Obi-Red-Kenobi

Supports
Liverpool
"I will win the league within 4 years, for sure" :lol:

1 year remaining Klopo...
He said titles, not the league. Titles in Germany, and on the Continent mean trophies. Still no trophie either way, so feel free to gloat.

It’s been great watching Liverpool play this season, but it doesn’t take much for it all to unravel. Losing Coutinho, and choosing not to even look to replace him in January is nothing short of neglect. Spending a net of 20 million per TFR window over the last 3 years hasn’t helped either, whereas UTD, City continue to roll out the big readies over and over again, be it, their budgets are unlimited.

I’m not sure we’ve progressed hugely in the 2.5 seasons since Klopp arrived. Yes, we are great to watch most of the time, and we’re better off points wise this season, that at any other time since he has arrived. Likewise, however we got to the Europa final 2 years ago, and also the League Cup final. We’re on course to match goals conceded similar to the last 2 years, and our keeper situation seems to be worse than ever, as do the options such thing behind Firmino.

Again, UTD, CIty etc have stupid money to spend, and we can’t compete with that, and if fellow Reds think that Van Dijks signing wasn’t driven from the Coutinho money, I think they’re being naive. Either way, it doesn’t detract from the need to strengthen this month, if we don’t, top 4 looks to be a big challenge than it should have been 2 weeks ago.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
How can you say that about a manager who has won back to back league titles?

He’s a good manager with limitations that will hold him back.

He’s definately not a good manager you’ve said it yourself he has limitations, if he was a good manager he would be able to adapt his tactics as each match dictates but he isn’t capable of that at all, to me that equals a bad manager, it’s moyes-esqe. He was the exact same for us.

Whatever you believe one thing is for sure you aren’t going anywhere under his leadership.

I can only imagine what Rodgers would’ve achieved had he been given the budget klopp has had, you’d certainly be in a much better position right now. He was a better manager than klopp.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He’s definately not a good manager you’ve said it yourself he has limitations, if he was a good manager he would be able to adapt his tactics as each match dictates but he isn’t capable of that at all, to me that equals a bad manager, it’s moyes-esqe. He was the exact same for us.

Whatever you believe one thing is for sure you aren’t going anywhere under his leadership.

I can only imagine what Rodgers would’ve achieved had he been given the budget klopp has had, you’d certainly be in a much better position right now. He was a better manager than klopp.
Rodgers had his own tactical limitations. His were made apparent when Suarez left. We wouldn’t be any better off with him in charge.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He said titles, not the league. Titles in Germany, and on the Continent mean trophies. Still no trophie either way, so feel free to gloat.

It’s been great watching Liverpool play this season, but it doesn’t take much for it all to unravel. Losing Coutinho, and choosing not to even look to replace him in January is nothing short of neglect. Spending a net of 20 million per TFR window over the last 3 years hasn’t helped either, whereas UTD, City continue to roll out the big readies over and over again, be it, their budgets are unlimited.

I’m not sure we’ve progressed hugely in the 2.5 seasons since Klopp arrived. Yes, we are great to watch most of the time, and we’re better off points wise this season, that at any other time since he has arrived. Likewise, however we got to the Europa final 2 years ago, and also the League Cup final. We’re on course to match goals conceded similar to the last 2 years, and our keeper situation seems to be worse than ever, as do the options such thing behind Firmino.

Again, UTD, CIty etc have stupid money to spend, and we can’t compete with that, and if fellow Reds think that Van Dijks signing wasn’t driven from the Coutinho money, I think they’re being naive. Either way, it doesn’t detract from the need to strengthen this month, if we don’t, top 4 looks to be a big challenge than it should have been 2 weeks ago.
United don't have stupid money. They generate it by themselves.

Agree with the other points you have made though.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
How can you say that about a manager who has won back to back league titles?

He’s a good manager with limitations that will hold him back.
Because he won the second of those 6 years ago, which is also how long it's been since he won any trophy of significance. Currently, he's a manager that enjoyed success for two seasons, 6 years ago (I'm not counting the German Super Cup), and has won absolutely nothing else in his entire career either before or since. With each passing, trophyless season, it looks more and more like he was nothing more than a good (not great) manager who, for lack of a better description, found himself in the right place at the right time.

I thought his defence was alright in Germany?
It was generally around par for league positions, and that's how it's remained in England. The style he adopts was somewhat against the grain when he took over at Dortmund, with the possession-based, tiki-taka of the Barcelona and Spain teams of the time being the more desirable and successful, but obviously once his high-press, direct style clicked, it sort of became the rock to the tiki-taka's scissors. However, as time went by, other teams became wise to it and realised that limiting the space in behind almost nullified the offensive threat, and a decent counter-attack was enough to win the game.

2008/09 (6th) - GA 37 (1st)/GD 23 (3rd)
2009/10 (5th) - GA 42 (=7th)/GD 12 (6th)
2010/11 (1st) - GA 22 (1st)/GD 45 (1st)
2011/12 (1st) - GA 25 (3rd)/GD 55 (=1st)
2012/13 (2nd) - GA 42 (4th)/GD 39 (2nd)
2013/14 (2nd) - GA 38 (2nd)/GD 42 (2nd)
2014/15 (7th) - GA 42 (7th)/GD 5 (5th)
---
2015/16 (8th) - GA 50 (=8th)/GD 13 (8th)
2016/17 (4th) - GA 42 (5th)/GD 36 (4th)
2017/18* (4th) - GA 29 (6th)/GD 25 (=4th)

untitled_6899

Again, UTD, CIty etc have stupid money to spend, and we can’t compete with that, and if fellow Reds think that Van Dijks signing wasn’t driven from the Coutinho money, I think they’re being naive
Oh yes Salah, van Dijk, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mané and Wijnaldum were all free transfers weren't they!

Klopp has had amazing transfer budgets that aren't a million miles behind United and City but have been careless with it

arthurka

I hope they keep swapping managers . They wont build anything changing managers every other season.. But i hope they keep Jurgen a tad bit longer..

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I think the fact he'll be delighted with 1 trophy in the next 4 years is more embarrassing than his character quote.

Sure we can look at it objectively and say it'll be hard for them with us and city looking to spend big in the summer again and improve further, but as an opposition manager you've got to have more belief than that surely.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Spending a net of 20 million per TFR window over the last 3 years hasn’t helped either, whereas UTD, City continue to roll out the big readies over and over again, be it, their budgets are unlimited.

Again, UTD, CIty etc have stupid money to spend, and we can’t compete with that.
Same excuses year after year.

City spent £27m on Jesus, £37m for Sane. Utd paid £27m for Mkhitaryan. £40m on Matic.

Liverpool dropped £40m on Chamberlain. £29m on Firmino, £34m on Mane, £34m on Salah.

And you've just signed the most expensive defender in history.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
He said titles, not the league. Titles in Germany, and on the Continent mean trophies.
I've seen this line of argument a few times now, and I don't really get it.

In his first season he reached two finals, with this being the excuse for finishing 8th, but he fecked them both up, and got knocked out of the FA Cup at the second hurdle too.

In his second season he got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 4th round for the second time, this time at home to fecking Wolves, failed to score a single goal over two legs in the League Cup semi-final, and finished yet another season without a trophy.

This season he was knocked out at the first hurdle in the League Cup, and has yet again been knocked out of the FA Cup in the 4th round (at home for the second year running), and is now relying on a miracle in the CL as his last hope of silverware this campaign.

In the three seasons he's been here he's not been near winning the league, and seems to be getting further and further from winning a "title".

Like, yeah, he might not have meant the league in that comment, but going "he meant any trophy" only really works if you actually look like winning one any time soon.

Mickfoley

Yes, his team has a knack for conceding stupid goals but he ain't a fraud. Calling him a fraud and saying Liverpool won't get anywhere with him is straight up stupid.
He's an excellent manager and wants his team to play a certain way. When it clicks, it's absolutely lethal football.
He has to change the mentality at Liverpool same way Jose has to after years of football with a fear of conceding stupid goals. Our issues are a lot easier to fix than theirs simply because we have still been better than them and our slump in mentality is relatively smaller.
I would be very happy to see him leave Liverpool simply because I don't want him to make Liverpool title contenders ever, he's capable of that.