Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Enigma_87

You know who
To be fair, in 4 of those 5 finals he had the weakest team on paper by quite a big distance. The only even game on paper was the final vs Wolfburg.

Honestly, if he had won more than 1 of those 5 finals, then I would have been really impressed.
To be fair he had the weakest team on paper probably in most of the SF's as well.

Hammerfell

I wonder how much of a difference this will be on the caliber of Liverpool's transfer targets and signings this summer.
That was what I was most concerned about. He'll still be able to convince some good players to join, of course, but it would've been a helluva lot worse if they had CL/European football in general to offer.

Dir Wangem

Wtf?

Liverpool are not weaker than Sevilla by a distance. It's incredible that people keep on finding excuses for him here. Even if we remove the Bayern matches, even that's not a great record. Man City are a wank team this season too, wouldn't have been too much to defeat them.
Keep in mind that I'm by no means suggesting that losing 5 finals in a row is good or even OK. It's obviously bad. However, you need to look at the actual opponents. Klopp has managed the underdog for 4 out of those 5 finals. Sometimes he's been more of a underdog than other times, but he's been the underdog nonetheless. It's not nearly such a crazy statistic when you take this into consideration. It's not like there have been 5 evenly matched finals, after all.

Sevilla is clearly a step above Liverpool, being a good La Liga team with tons of Europa League experience(I believe they've won 3 in a row now?). The same obviously applies to City. They finished 4 places above Liverpool and have a significantly better team on paper.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That was what I was most concerned about. He'll still be able to convince some good players to join, of course, but it would've been a helluva lot worse if they had CL/European football in general to offer.
I think this defeat is a massive set back for them. Game-changing set back.

Win and they would have attracted some very good players for Champions League, plus huge amounts of confidence Klopp's aura and philosophy. With the inspiration of Leicester, they would enter next season believing they were equipped to mount a significant challenge for the title.

Now however, Klopp's methods remain unproven, they have no international jollies to look forward to and many English clubs are more attractive for incomings to join.

Shark

@NotShark
A win tonight and a pass into the CL was so vital to him and you could see it written all over his face. Will he get in the signings he needs without CL football? Liverpool simply can't match us, Chelsea, City or even Arsenal in spending power. Then you have Spurs and Leicester who are in a much better position to attract talent.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Klopp is quality but this isn't a night for pointing that out dammit. :lol:

Hellboy

Win and they would have attracted some very good players for Champions League, plus huge amounts of confidence Klopp's aura and philosophy. With the inspiration of Leicester, they would enter next season believing they were equipped to mount a significant challenge for the title.

Now however, Klopp's methods remain unproven, they have no international jollies to look forward to and many English clubs are more attractive for incomings to join.
Yes exactly. I was afraid a win today would give them a platform to step up next season and maybe even win the league with the attractive football they've been playing at times and with new exciting players wanting to play for Klopp in the CL. Thank god they lost today otherwise we would have been in trouble.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
If you'd been knocked out by Dortmund or even us, your season would have shocking. You brought the guy in to challenge for top 4 and bar a cup run, he's been average at best.

That doesn't make any sense. We've scored as many late goals as we've conceded so there's evidence we keep on going to the end. We're just so inept at the back and full of errors that we can concede at any given time. We never look defensively secure in a game.

Do you honestly believe he should be sacked? He's not even had a summer yet.
He's better at motivating them to chase a comeback than Rodgers, but his tactics are pretty much just balls to the wall and hope for the best. I don't think he should be sacked, but I honestly fail to see where this fear of what he's going to achieve at Liverpool from rival fans is coming from. It's one thing for Liverpool fans to show blind optimism that things will get better, but as far as I'm concerned, all evidence points to the guy being on a downward trajectory and bar another freak season, I fully expect Liverpool to find themselves languishing in the upper-mid table come the end of next season, following some underwhelming transfer business and a season full of disappointing results.

This "he's not had a summer" stuff is just plain bollocks. Who the feck is he going to bring in that's going to convert Liverpool from a mid-table team to a team worthy of CL qualification?

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
A win tonight and a pass into the CL was so vital to him and you could see it written all over his face. Will he get in the signings he needs without CL football? Liverpool simply can't match us, Chelsea, City or even Arsenal in spending power. Then you have Spurs and Leicester who are in a much better position to attract talent.
Pretty monumental result to be fair.

Could've changed the course for them over the next 2-3 years and got them out of their ongoing stink.

Think they're much more likely to lose star players now than sign them. Zero European football and won't be many games to go around.

Shark

@NotShark
If you'd been knocked out by Dortmund or even us, your season would have shocking. You brought the guy in to challenge for top 4 and bar a cup run, he's been average at best.

He's better at motivating them to chase a comeback than Rodgers, but his tactics are pretty much just balls to the wall and hope for the best. I don't think he should be sacked, but I honestly fail to see where this fear of what he's going to achieve at Liverpool from rival fans is coming from. It's one thing for Liverpool fans to show blind optimism that things will get better, but as far as I'm concerned, all evidence points to the guy being on a downward trajectory and bar another freak season, I fully expect Liverpool to find themselves languishing in the upper-mid table come the end of next season, following some underwhelming transfer business and a season full of disappointing results.

This "he's not had a summer" stuff is just plain bollocks. Who the feck is he going to bring in that's going to convert Liverpool from a mid-table team to a team worthy of CL qualification?
Exactly. As I said in my post above, winning tonight was vital in that it would have put them in a much better position this summer, now there's a host of teams with superior spending power and standing in the league. They aren't going to attract shit, just as they haven't for a very long time now.

clarkydaz

that takes care of itself

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Wtf?

Liverpool are not weaker than Sevilla by a distance. It's incredible that people keep on finding excuses for him here. Even if we remove the Bayern matches, even that's not a great record. Man City are a wank team this season too, wouldn't have been too much to defeat them.
They hammered City a couple of days after the final loss (3 or 4-0 I think)

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i've got one for you, klopp, wenger and pochettino walk into a bar, they each ask for some beer to go into their empty bottles, the bartender says "sorry, i am confused, you each appear to have no bottle."

my mum says that that's an absolute cracker and the best joke i've ever come up with.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Exactly. As I said in my post above, winning tonight was vital in that it would have put them in a much better position this summer, now there's a host of teams with superior spending power and standing in the league. They aren't going to attract shit, just as they haven't for a very long time now.
CL qualification is overstated as a draw for the top players anyway. Unless you're one of the few teams with a realistic chance of winning it, being able to pay high wages is more likely to land you a top player than being favourites to get dumped out in the group stage. There's a reason Leicester aren't going to be signing any top class players, and there's a reason the likes of Basel find their best players leaving rather than attracting stars to join them.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He made Dortmund into a strong team by finding good cheap players around Europe instead of getting big names. Though I don't know how much of the scouting and transfer side he was involved in with Dortmund

Robbie Boy

i've got one for you, klopp, wenger and pochettino walk into a bar, they each ask for some beer to go into their empty bottles, the bartender says "sorry, i am confused, you each appear to have no bottle."

my mum say that that's an absolute cracker and the best joke i've ever come up with.
:lol:

Shark

@NotShark
CL qualification is overstated as a draw for the top players anyway. Unless you're one of the few teams with a realistic chance of winning it, being able to pay high wages is more likely to land you a top player than being favourites to get dumped out in the group stage. There's a reason Leicester aren't going to be signing any top class players, and there's a reason the likes of Basel find their best players leaving rather than attracting stars to join them.
True, but Liverpool can't offer much of that either, compared to the clubs I mentioned.

Shark

@NotShark
He made Dortmund into a strong team by finding good cheap players around Europe instead of getting big names. Though I don't know how much of the scouting and transfer side he was involved in with Dortmund
Yeah, but how did he keep some of his biggest talents? CL football must have had a say in that. I can see Liverpool losing more talent then attracting talent this summer.

Moonred

my mum says that that's an absolute cracker and the best joke i've ever come up with.
:lol:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

My point about the summer is more about the players we've got than the players we're bringing in. Him having a chance to work with them over an extended period without interruption might help. We've been playing a game every four days for the most part all season. I'm not trying to deflect away from how poor the seasons been. It's 8th and trophy less so I'm disappointed. I'm just making the point that it's too early to write him off.

You're right that the hype around him has been overdone. Football is so knee jerk that every 4-1 at City or 6-1 at Southampton is met with over the top praise and then we have a game like tonight. Even I've been caught up in it sometimes but I think you have to take a step back sometimes and see how it turns out. Law of averages suggests you'll be right in the end given how we've been over the last ten years but I still think Klopp has it in him to get us competing again.
Pretty monumental result to be fair.

Could've changed the course for them over the next 2-3 years and got them out of their ongoing stink.

Think they're much more likely to lose star players now than sign them. Zero European football and won't be many games to go around.
Who are these star players? Coutinho is too inconsistent and whilst Firmino has had a good first season I doubt he'll be off in the summer. Sturridge? Maybe but his injury record makes everyone take a step back. I wouldn't class anyone else in our squad as having star quality right now. There's a bit of potential here and there for improvement but not much else at the moment.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

We started fielding our U21s after we got to the quarter-finals (and admittedly, top four was already gone by then yes), that's why we ended up in 8th place but still only 6 points behind a CL qualification spot. We brought him in to challenge for the league, not top four, but you need to be realistic about things like that - one guy can't change the whole attitude at the club in six months without even having his own players (yes, that matters ffs). Your post starts with a big if as well: we weren't knocked out by Dortmund, you weren't even close to knocking us out and we did get to two cup finals in his seven months at the club. Anything can happen in a final, I won't say we were unlucky not to win one but we got beaten for different reasons.

Our owners brought him in to challenge for titles and trophies in the long run and I'm still confident he'll bring us to that point. Yes, of course we were all cautiously hoping he would already deliver top four this season but in no way is that a reason to 'almost sack him' or whatever. I could just as well say if we had won tonight his first season at Liverpool would've been a huge success, the difference is small sometimes. Anyway, I don't think any of our fans are blaming Klopp, we're able to face reality and admit that this side has some quality players but all in all we're somewhere above average and that's not enough to compete for top four, let alone the league. But that's what I think he'll change, not by bringing in established world class players but by bringing in his own players which suit his style and system, just like he did in Dortmund.

And re your last sentence: like I already said, having the players he chose himself does matter in my opinion. It won't make us world beaters in a couple of days but over time he could mould this team to a side capable of contending with the best in England, hopefully in Europe as well. I agree with you that rival fans don't have to be scared or anything just yet because our season has been way too inconsistent for that but that's how things are at the Caf - one big win and you're a genius, one loss or even one bad half and you're a fraud going nowhere. I do disagree that his style has been found out three years ago though, teams have a lot of difficulties stopping us, if he was really found out every manager worth his salt would outwit us. We just need to change our approach to the game when we take the lead, which is something we also didn't do today. Maybe he's too "into the game" for that to realise during the game and that might be a big flaw though, yes.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The United fans falling over themselves to get a go stroking his cock are just fecking weird.

He's a prick.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

In all fairness, it's not just about having a transfer summer and being able to build your own team but also to have a training camp amongst other things with your squad. That's where you lay the foundation for the year going forward and he hasn't had that yet.

I'm not worried about him or Liverpool. I'm confident he'll bring in some players that won't look like much at first but that'll do well for him because they fit into what he wants. If anything the squad will have better balanace and structure. But anything other than Liverpool fighting for the number four spot would be a surprise to me.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yeah, but how did he keep some of his biggest talents? CL football must have had a say in that. I can see Liverpool losing more talent then attracting talent this summer.
Do they even have that much talent which would attract the bigger clubs?

Sturridge is always injured
Coutinho very inconsistent
Firminho just arrived
Sakho is on drugs

RedPed

Whatabouter.
From the LFC boards....just a selection amongst others.

Today,21:32

Abysmal finals record. Abysmal.

Today,21:33

Klopp is becoming like Wenger of the past decade now..the nearly man.

Today,21:37

****in ****** blaming Klopp.

Too many cowards on the pitch.

Moreno Sevilla MoTM but there were others that totally bottled it.

Today,21:39

**** off the lot of you.

Feel free to ignore this if you're not someone trying to put the boot into Klopp after our players bottled it yet again.

Today,21:40

How anyone can blame Klopp is beyond me, he cant help it if the players cant respond to some shocking mistakes!

Today,21:42

A group of serial losers led by a serial loser. Nothing else to say about it.

Today,21:42

Players to blame first
Klopp second

Oh and well done Sevilla. Excellent performance.

We need changes even the so called big game players disappeared tonight.

?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Keep in mind that I'm by no means suggesting that losing 5 finals in a row is good or even OK. It's obviously bad. However, you need to look at the actual opponents. Klopp has managed the underdog for 4 out of those 5 finals. Sometimes he's been more of a underdog than other times, but he's been the underdog nonetheless. It's not nearly such a crazy statistic when you take this into consideration. It's not like there have been 5 evenly matched finals, after all.

Sevilla is clearly a step above Liverpool, being a good La Liga team with tons of Europa League experience(I believe they've won 3 in a row now?). The same obviously applies to City. They finished 4 places above Liverpool and have a significantly better team on paper.
City lost to pretty much all of the top teams in England this season and lost 4-0 to Liverpool 3 days after the final. They should have won that final

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I'd love to see Coutinho leave, but are there any clubs after him? I haven't heard a single rumour about him or any of their 'top' players moving on.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'Klopp flop chop drop shop Pop' etc

diarm

I only managed to catch glimpses of the second half but having watched the first, they were robbed right? I thought but for the ref, they should have been 4 or more up by half time. 2 penalties, a touch and goer and about 150 of the softest freekicks you ever saw given in your life went Seville's way.