Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Not defending the decision as it was terrible especially at that level but I guess you've never been in that position as an assistant referee?

He missed it because his positioning is wrong and he's watching for potential fouls rather than looking across the line.
The referee would have made clear in his pre-match instructions that that area of the pitch is for his assistant to referee so he was caught out watching for potential incidents.
Had he been a few feet further to his left but 2 yards back from the touchline, he would have seen everything including the offside but he's got caught out and Lallana's quick ball to Milner has caught him out. It's a decision that looks awful but explainable and he'll be really angry with himself for missing it.

The assistant that should be getting the heat is the one that missed Origi being offside. The assistant was in a perfect position looking right across the line and it's a decision that I would expect every assistant to get correct no matter what level.
It’s not his job to watch for fouls. His job is to call offside decisions. His secondary task is to comment where necessary on matttrs the ref needs him to.

If his answer is “I didn’t see it I was watching the line” he’s done his job.

Worst job in football. As anyone that’s ran the line will know. He’s ball watching. Pointless to criticise without knowing how his whole season looks. But he’s dropped a nut on that one.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
It’s not his job to watch for fouls. His job is to call offside decisions. His secondary task is to comment where necessary on matttrs the ref needs him to.

Worst job in football. As anyone that’s ran the line will know. He’s ball watching. Pointless to criticise without knowing how his whole season looks. But he’s dropped a nut on that one.
Wasn't he watching to see if the ball went out?

Irrational.

Why aren't the FA looking to Klopp's post-match comments? Isn't he questioning the integrity of the match officials? Bringing the game into disrepute?

I guess those rules only apply if you're not a jovial charismatic Liverpool manager.

He could curl out a turd on the hallowed Anfield centre circle mid-way through the Merseyside derby and the media/ officials/ Liverpool fans would still lap it up. The man can do no wrong.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Wasn't he watching to see if the ball went out?
LINES-man. Horizontal and Vertical. (Please don’t respond ASSISTANT-Referree)

I used to be a ref at Saturday League level about a decade back. Often had to run the line. It’s shit.

Your head is always filled by the need to watch last defender and ball.

He was out of position as he should always be on the line of defence. If he was in position he knows Milner is offside. He still could have looked to watch the touch line and ball position.

It was a mistake.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Why aren't the FA looking to Klopp's post-match comments? Isn't he questioning the integrity of the match officials? Bringing the game into disrepute?

I guess those rules only apply if you're not a jovial charismatic Liverpool manager.

He could curl out a turd on the hallowed Anfield centre circle mid-way through the Merseyside derby and the media/ officials/ Liverpool fans would still lap it up. The man can do no wrong.
And VVD too. They get away with murder.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Liverpool bottling a title run really is inevitable isn't it. The amazing thing about it, is that every time they somehow convince people that this might be their year, even though it never actually is.

They are like the 'elfstedentocht'.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

I used to be a ref at Saturday League level about a decade back. Often had to run the line. It’s shit.

He was out of position as he should always be on the line of defence. If he was in position he knows Milner is offside. He still could have looked to watch the touch line and ball position.

It was a mistake.
He was as much out of position as the linesman who disallowed Mane's perfectly good goal at the Emirates in November, so I guess that's one point gained yesterday and two lost back then, no? ;)

But yeah, awful positioning of course.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
He was as much out of position as the linesman who disallowed Mane's perfectly good goal at the Emirates in November, so I guess that's one point gained yesterday and two lost back then, no? ;)

But yeah, awful positioning of course.
but then you lose 3 points for the home win over Fulham when, instead of being correctly 0-1 down, the goal is disallowed and then you are allowed to kick a moving ball from the resulting incorrectly awarded free kick, straight to Salah and go 1-0 up.

So a 2 point overall deduction is due - you gain 2 for the Arsenal game, but lose 4 points (3 from Fulham and 1 last night).

I'm voting for this.

City now only 1 point behind... excellent

United Hobbit

Is there a list anywhere of all his bizarre quotes he makes? I've tried to find one but there doesn't seem to be one yet there was for Moyes and Mourinho seems Klopp gets spared, I don't do Twitter so wouldn't know if there was one. I'd love to see them all collected together.

Some of his comments are Moyes-esque

How did VVD lose 4kg?

If they do lose the title "injuries and decisions cost us"

Last edited:

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

It is his job to look for fouls in that area of the pitch. The referees pre-match instructions from Sunday league to the Premier League tell assistants to referee that area of the pitch. That's why if you watch the referees 'patrol area', he very rarely, if ever, encroaches into the area that his assistants are in. It's a tough job that very few people can do and even fewer can do well. That's why they get paid as much as they do.
I'm not trying to say that he was right as clearly he wasn't, I'm just trying to provide a bit of perspective from an experienced viewpoint as to why he got it so wrong

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
You just CANNOT explain that decision no matter what you say.
It was despicable as was the second one.
I'm trying to explain how the assistant got it so wrong. It was an awful error but from experience, I can see what happened and I'm just trying to give a balanced opinion on it

RD76

Are they still top of the moral league though? Or the other one, the alternative Premier League table or something?

They're top of Lawrenson's prediction league. Unbeaten since the 90s there.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Are they still top of the moral league though? Or the other one, the alternative Premier League table or something?

We're still top of the actual league. Granted, we may not be in just over 24hrs time but we will then have a game in hand. We're going through a blip as every team does but we're still picking up points in games that we have tried hard to lose. If we beat Bournemouth on Saturday going into the international break, then we'll be at least level on points with City. Crap couple of weeks but not disastrous yet

UnrelatedPsuedo

It is his job to look for fouls in that area of the pitch. The referees pre-match instructions from Sunday league to the Premier League tell assistants to referee that area of the pitch. That's why if you watch the referees 'patrol area', he very rarely, if ever, encroaches into the area that his assistants are in. It's a tough job that very few people can do and even fewer can do well. That's why they get paid as much as they do.
I'm not trying to say that he was right as clearly he wasn't, I'm just trying to provide a bit of perspective from an experienced viewpoint as to why he got it so wrong
We’re saying the same things mate.

Bola

The officials are going to make mistakes, it's just one of those things.

This situation is annoying because they made the same mistake twice to benefit Liverpool and then Klopp still had the cheek to come out and moan about his side being hard done by.
There is making mistakes and there is incompetence. Both decisions went beyond acceptable human error.

Klopp has the cheek though. Wonder if it goes beyond deflection and whether he simply can't handle failure and had to reimagie the world so it makes sense?

Djemba-Djemba

There is making mistakes and there is incompetence. Both decisions went beyond acceptable human error.

Klopp has the cheek though. Wonder if it goes beyond deflection and whether he simply can't handle failure and had to reimagie the world so it makes sense?
I mean, you'd think he'd be used to it by now.

How many cup finals in a row has he lost?

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
You lot are laughing at Klopp but I'm laughing at the way he wrecked West Ham and Noble last night :lol:. Klopp was definitely annoyed, he couldn't hide it. He needs to create an early days Mourninho siege mentality in the team.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We're still top of the actual league. Granted, we may not be in just over 24hrs time but we will then have a game in hand. We're going through a blip as every team does but we're still picking up points in games that we have tried hard to lose. If we beat Bournemouth on Saturday going into the international break, then we'll be at least level on points with City. Crap couple of weeks but not disastrous yet
There's not another international break in February is there? I hate them.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

I had a look at his prediction table a few days ago for this season.

He's got us unbeaten in third behind City in 1st & United in 2nd.

He makes weird predictions.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
There's not another international break in February is there? I hate them.
Next one is at the end of March if I'm not mistaken, as usual. It's just an FA Cup weekend on February 16/17th.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
but then you lose 3 points for the home win over Fulham when, instead of being correctly 0-1 down, the goal is disallowed and then you are allowed to kick a moving ball from the resulting incorrectly awarded free kick, straight to Salah and go 1-0 up.

So a 2 point overall deduction is due - you gain 2 for the Arsenal game, but lose 4 points (3 from Fulham and 1 last night).

I'm voting for this.

Fulham's goal was correctly ruled out for offside.

Ainu

You lot are laughing at Klopp but I'm laughing at the way he wrecked West Ham and Noble last night :lol:. Klopp was definitely annoyed, he couldn't hide it. He needs to create an early days Mourninho siege mentality in the team.
What do you mean he wrecked West Ham and Noble?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Fulham's goal was correctly ruled out for offside.
Even if it was (and I think VAR may well have awarded the goal actually from the replays I saw), VAR would have ruled out your undeserved goal from the moving ball free kick.

Either way, you got fortunate there twice. There's also the minimum of 4 minutes of injury time against Everton but then scoring in the 96th minute despite no additional allowable stoppages. But wait, you cry, it's a minimum of 4 minutes which can mean more. It can; but only up to another 59 seconds more (unless an additional allowable stoppage occurs e.g. substitution or injury or after a goal being scored).

Despite all of these things - the way you have played has been a massive downgrade in attacking play over the previous two seasons. Defence has improved, but attack massively declined. When it comes to the crunch, I'm hoping this inability to score will be your undoing rather than decisions going for or even against you. Boring boring scousers :D

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Even if it was (and I think VAR may well have awarded the goal actually from the replays I saw), VAR would have ruled out your undeserved goal from the moving ball free kick.

Either way, you got fortunate there twice. There's also the minimum of 4 minutes of injury time against Everton but then scoring in the 96th minute despite no additional allowable stoppages. But wait, you cry, it's a minimum of 4 minutes which can mean more. It can; but only up to another 59 seconds more (unless an additional allowable stoppage occurs e.g. substitution or injury or after a goal being scored).

Despite all of these things - the way you have played has been a massive downgrade in attacking play over the previous two seasons. Defence has improved, but attack massively declined. When it comes to the crunch, I'm hoping this inability to score will be your undoing rather than decisions going for or even against you. Boring boring scousers :D
I'm pretty sure our goal scoring figures aren't any worse than they were last season. We don't look as good but we're still scoring goals. It's been ages since we even failed to score in a game.

The Fulham goal was offside and VAR would've given it as offside. We've had luck on our side at times but let's not exaggerate.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
but attack massively declined.
This is a myth, we still score a shitload of goals, over 2 per game in the PL, and I read last week or so that we were better off than we were last year at this stage.

We may not look as pleasing on the eye because of our more pragmatic approach, but it hasn't "massively declined" at all.

Pace Abuser

What? How?

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Next one is at the end of March if I'm not mistaken, as usual. It's just an FA Cup weekend on February 16/17th.
My mistake. I saw the England match advertised on a forces website, saw the weekend free next week, put 2 and 2 together and came up with 263

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

I'm voting for this.

You forgot about Mane fouling Son in last minute in the penalty box not called.

Robertson fouling Hughes with score at 0-0 at Watford, no penalty given

Then there was a perfectly onside Barnes goal disallowed against them, these 3 are top of my head. I'm sure they have been more.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

El Zoido

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Imagine discussing things on a forum. Wouldn’t that be a crazy thing to do.
If Man Utd don't win the Champions League, is Pogba still the right player for that midfield?

It was a mistake.
Obviously it was a mistake, wasn't disputing that. Just trying to configure what he was actually doing.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
No doubt, but there are also decisions that went against us which are definitely nowhere near the top of your head.
You are free to post the clip of what these decisions are, which most likely will come to a stop after 'MaNE gOaL wAs DisALoWed aT EmIRaTeS' :)

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You are free to post the clip of what these decisions are, which most likely will come to a stop after 'MaNE gOaL wAs DisALoWed aT EmIRaTeS' :)
I'm not even gonna bother, but there have been a few, most of which I can't remember. I'm of the opinion that most decisions will cancel each other out over a season, although I agree that it's not always 1 on 1 cancelled out and this year they've clearly gone more in our favour than against us, would be silly to dispute that. However, there's a reason it's called "luck of champions" - in a year when you win the title, chances are that more decisions have gone in your favour than against you unless you can overcome it by being so much better than everyone else, which is clearly not the case with us and City.