Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If Klopp doesn’t get a massive fine
And points deducted ,
then there’s a corrupt campaign in

the FA, to help Liverpool to win.
It’ll be a £15k fine and a slap in the wrist. He’s well overdue a ban for this bullshit now but the FA are desperate for a title race and the media is chock full of Liverpool sycophants.

montpelier

tbf (:lol:) - the essence of what he was saying was correct though - most of the 50/50 stuff went to West Ham in the 2nd half particularly in the defensive half of the park. the ref was consistently terrible though - even without involving the offsides, which he doesn't decide of course

I thought first half, the ref was mainly on the LFC side though - no bookings for the tactical fouls for example.

Then the first booking of Matip for basically standing still follows all of the pattern being tediously gone through here.

But in addition to what we are saying here - how does he think teams feel at Anfield. the Emirates or Old Trafford most weeks?

I agree with Breakout too, he's definitely done a 2nd stint of rowing back on what he's said first up to try & get out of the hole he's dug.

And by the time he got to the radio he'd also made things up with Pellegrini. Definitely sounds under pressure, the babbling feckwit.

They'll slaughter Bournemouth though, unfortunately, :(.

Guoan

Supports
Beijing Guoan
I'm looking forward to seeing what he's like when the pressure is really applied.

montpelier

Yeah, FOUR offside Dortmund players if I'm not mistaken.
I wondered that. It kind of looks like it, but then if you think the first runner through is OK (?) - they get back onside through the phase of play thing don't they? - but then after that, they are also behind the GK when the goal is being scored. Looks very complicated at full speed, I can see why it gets allowed & I can see why it looks like a complete mess, if you like.

Last edited:

Havak

Pokemon master
Without having the bias head on, I think West Ham should have won that game given the chances they had. On another day they'd have scored 3, maybe 4 goals and other than the offside chances I don't think Liverpool created anything really 'clear-cut'.

It was somewhat similar against Leicester, who should have at least scored again at Anfield. I'm not sure where the sudden defensive frailty has come from under Liverpool as Matip has looked decent.. Maybe not having an actual right back is hurting them slightly, but surely you try Fabinho there first? They also look a lot less fluid when Salah is down the middle, I'm not sure why Klopp is persisting with that.

I'm not going to complain though, you have to really fancy Man City now. Liverpool needed to put to bed any claim that the 'cracks are beginning to show' and they have failed to do it. Honestly, while they got over the line in most games in the league until the last two, they haven't played that well since the end of December. Has to be rather worrying.

Danny Roberts

What a numpty. LOVE the argument that because they got two decisions in their favour the ref was actually against them. Perfect logic. Also think Pellegrini right about offside goals. They scored about 3 against City didn't they?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Klopp going mad at the refs after they scored a clear offside goal is the biggest joke of the day.
This manager is an absolute joke, disgraceful behaviour..

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini has stated that Jurgen Klopp is "used to winning with offside goals" after Liverpool were held to a 1-1 draw at the London Stadium.

James Milner, who provided the assist for Sadio Mane's opener, was in an offside position but the assistant referee did not raise his flag.

Michail Antonio struck the equaliser shortly afterwards as he connected with a well-worked free-kick from the home side.

In the final seconds of the game, Liverpool striker Divock Origi should also have been flagged offside when he missed a chance to wrap up the three points.

Speaking after the game, Pellegrini stated: "Klopp is used to winning with offside goals.

"He beat me against Malaga with a goal seven metres offside - so he cannot complain about anything.

"They (Liverpool) scored a goal one metre offside. And in the last minute with Origi in front of the linesman, again one metre offside."

The former Manchester City boss added: "I said in the week that we need to win this game for our fans and if we are going to give a hand to Manchester City, well, they are my club also.

"Maybe that was the reason the manager of Liverpool didn't like it."

As the West Ham boss mentioned, the two managers met previously when Klopp's Borussia Dortmund beat Pellegrini's Malaga 3-2 in the 2013 Champions League quarter-finals.

Dortmund won the game thanks to two goals in injury-time and for the winner, four Dortmund players were in an offside position.

steakpie

I read on twitter that Liverpool have had 11 offside goals this season. Klopp is deluded.

SungSam7

If you look close enough, you can see Klopp is cracking under the pressure even though they have control over winning the title.

Reminds me of Spurs losing the plot against Chelsea. The players couldn't handle the pressure and Liverpool are now showing it also.

Member 39557

I thought he'd complain that the residue on the pitch from all the bubbles made it hard to pass the ball.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
And he has to get charged for those comment. Also a nice media backlash against the wanker would be even better.
Can't see it. No-ones allowed to criticise anything connected to Liverpool.... the club, the fans, the manager, the city. The second anyone does, they play the victim card so the media avoids it (or at least dilutes it).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol: How on earth do you miss those? Liverpool have been great this season but I've never felt like that stars have aligned for a team in the PL title race the way they have for Liverpool this year. Too much has fallen their way whether it's refereeing decisions or calamitous mistakes like Vs Everton.

And I'm not somebody to deny credit where it's due. Whether it's Liverpool 13/14, City 11/12 or even Livepool 18/19, I give credit where it's due. But as good as they've been, things have been signing their way this season.

Which is why the gap being 3 points is pretty great, in a way.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: How on earth do you miss those? Liverpool have been great this season but I've never felt like that stars have aligned for a team in the PL title race the way they have for Liverpool this year. Too much has fallen their way whether it's refereeing decisions or calamitous mistakes like Vs Everton.

And I'm not somebody to deny credit where it's due. Whether it's Liverpool 13/14, City 11/12 or even Livepool 18/19, I give credit where it's due. But as good as they've been, things have been signing their way this season.

Which is why the gap being 3 points is pretty great, in a way.
Not defending the decision as it was terrible especially at that level but I guess you've never been in that position as an assistant referee?

He missed it because his positioning is wrong and he's watching for potential fouls rather than looking across the line.
The referee would have made clear in his pre-match instructions that that area of the pitch is for his assistant to referee so he was caught out watching for potential incidents.
Had he been a few feet further to his left but 2 yards back from the touchline, he would have seen everything including the offside but he's got caught out and Lallana's quick ball to Milner has caught him out. It's a decision that looks awful but explainable and he'll be really angry with himself for missing it.

The assistant that should be getting the heat is the one that missed Origi being offside. The assistant was in a perfect position looking right across the line and it's a decision that I would expect every assistant to get correct no matter what level.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not defending the decision as it was terrible especially at that level but I guess you've never been in that position as an assistant referee?

He missed it because his positioning is wrong and he's watching for potential fouls rather than looking across the line.
The referee would have made clear in his pre-match instructions that that area of the pitch is for his assistant to referee so he was caught out watching for potential incidents.
Had he been a few feet further to his left but 2 yards back from the touchline, he would have seen everything including the offside but he's got caught out and Lallana's quick ball to Milner has caught him out. It's a decision that looks awful but explainable and he'll be really angry with himself for missing it.

The assistant that should be getting the heat is the one that missed Origi being offside. The assistant was in a perfect position looking right across the line and it's a decision that I would expect every assistant to get correct no matter what level.
:smirk:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Wonder why the ref was so out of position for the Liverpool goal. He is around 2-3 meters ahead of last West Ham defender.

That Origi chance was so bad, makes it even worse when you see how good ref's position was and view was.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Wonder why the ref was so out of position for the Liverpool goal. He is around 2-3 meters ahead of last West Ham defender.

That Origi chance was so bad, makes it even worse when you see how good ref's position was and view was.
It's very easy to get caught out when you're moving along the line. He's moving to his right watching the play and keeps moving not realising that the defenders are further up.
Your head has to be constantly moving to watch the line and watchbthe play but again, I would expect a premier league assistant to get this right but it's easily done and anyone that's been on the line at any level of football will back me up on that.
Being an assistant is the hardest job out of all the officials and things like this highlight why

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's very easy to get caught out when you're moving along the line. He's moving to his right watching the play and keeps moving not realising that the defenders are further up.
Your head has to be constantly moving to watch the line and watchbthe play but again, I would expect a premier league assistant to get this right but it's easily done and anyone that's been on the line at any level of football will back me up on that.
Being an assistant is the hardest job out of all the officials and things like this highlight why
Yeah I agree. Linesman job is very tough as he has to keep eye on lot of things. Just that he is too far away from the defender.

montpelier

I agree too. You don't get ball & player in your eyeline at the same time when it's close up like that.

Djemba-Djemba

The officials are going to make mistakes, it's just one of those things.

This situation is annoying because they made the same mistake twice to benefit Liverpool and then Klopp still had the cheek to come out and moan about his side being hard done by.

deef

Totally agree! I have no idea how he missed that one ... luckily it didn't result in a goal.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!

You just CANNOT explain that decision no matter what you say.
It was despicable as was the second one.

El-Manos

His excuses are getting tiresome. Good manager but he talks way too much shite.

Also, a question for Liverpool fans. if ye manage to lose out on the title this year, is Klopp still considered to be the right man for the job?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Also, a question for Liverpool fans. if ye manage to lose out on the title this year, is Klopp still considered to be the right man for the job?
He'll have given us plenty of great moments but of course no cherry on the cake in 4 years at the club. His tenure has been better than anything we've had in the last decade though apart from the 13/14 challenge.

There's no shame in coming up short against this City side, even then he'll have transformed us from a top 4 hopeful to comfortably the second best team in the country. Until there's a definite improvement available as manager (the chances of which will be few and far between), I want to stick with Klopp, yes. I couldn't really give you any name I'd rather have as manager right now. Maybe Simeone, because I have more confidence in his ability to close out a season or a final, but the football would probably be more boring, so even he'd come with some caveats.

El-Manos

He'll have given us plenty of great moments but of course no cherry on the cake in 4 years at the club. His tenure has been better than anything we've had in the last decade though apart from the 13/14 challenge.

There's no shame in coming up short against this City side, even then he'll have transformed us from a top 4 hopeful to comfortably the second best team in the country. Until there's a definite improvement available as manager, the chances of which will be few and far between, I want to stick with Klopp, yes.
Sounds like a fair assessment. I think next year he will have to provide a trophy of some sorts though, if ye don’t get the title this year.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool

Nah, sack him and hire Allardyce.