Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

TheRedHearted

Unfortunately he isn’t going anywhere, they’ll win plenty more in the next 3-5 years
Truly don’t think Barca will pluck him?

Not right away, but makes sense to me. Could see Madrid too if it doesn’t work out with the Zidane rebuild but so think he would like Barcelona’s loyalty to managers better

JDoe

Supports
Bayern

Not right away, but makes sense to me. Could see Madrid too if it doesn’t work out with the Zidane rebuild but so think he would like Barcelona’s loyalty to managers better
I don't think that Barcelona's philosophy of possession football suits him. Madrid is too much of a circus and Serie A has a pretty bad reputation in Germany due to the lacking match attendances and pretty hostile fan culture (especially racism). We will be trying to get him since Hoeneß is one of his biggest fans, but most of our Bayern fans do not want him (myself included) due to his stint at Dortmund and the shite he sprouted there about us. The only other club in England that has the same history and setting that is suitable for him is Manchester United, but I simply cannot see a Liverpool manager going there (honestly I am still sure he'd have gone to you lot if you had approached him around the time Pool did, after he went for a sabbatical). It's probably going to be some club with big history (Leeds/Nottingham Forest kinds) in England, or his hometown club in Germany Mainz, or, most probably, the German NT if he were to leave Liverpool.

Nuts

If you read interviews with him he doesn’t want those jobs - and has probably turned them down in the past.

He chose Dortmund and Liverpool because of the nature of the cities and the relationship the clubs have with their fans. Having followed him for a long time - since living in Mainz - I don’t think he wants to manage a leading, super wealthy club.

He likes managing underdog clubs with passionate supporter bases. I’d rule out Bayern, Barcelona or Madrid - if I had to predict his next club it would be Napoli. (I can also see him wrong footing everyone and having a go at managing England, too).

Kapardin

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/jurgen-...assion-heart-experience-into-liverpool-203813

Good article about Kloppo. Actually it's pretty depressing for United fans, but only cements my belief that we could have gotten him as our manager (obviously Woody wasn't the right man to pitch Klopp the job).
Much is being made about the pitch. Actually, it wasn't just Disneyland that made Klopp reject us. Fact is, Woodward was far up LvG's arse when he approached Klopp and only proposed the United job half-heartedly. If I remember right, the papers reported he also requested Klopp to join after LvG's 3rd season or something like that -- as though any manager would wait that long! It was just an eyewash as Woodward had full faith in LvG at the time. Just goes to show his incompetence really.

That was the second approach. The first time we approached him was again a formality as Moyes was pretty much the chosen one, but Klopp was anyway not available.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If you read interviews with him he doesn’t want those jobs - and has probably turned them down in the past.

He chose Dortmund and Liverpool because of the nature of the cities and the relationship the clubs have with their fans. Having followed him for a long time - since living in Mainz - I don’t think he wants to manage a leading, super wealthy club.

He likes managing underdog clubs with passionate supporter bases. I’d rule out Bayern, Barcelona or Madrid - if I had to predict his next club it would be Napoli. (I can also see him wrong footing everyone and having a go at managing England, too).
I was thinking Atletico Madrid.

plex

Well let’s assume Klopp stays at Liverpool at least for 1-2 more seasons. In case he wishes to move on, I‘d say it will be the national team or another team in the PL or Germany (Dortmund / Bayern). Klopp is a guy who has great motivation and communication skills, for this to work out, it’s preferable to speak the countries language. Of course you have interpreters etc. and some players can also speak English, but I’m not sure if he would have the same success in Italy or Spain.

Lyricist

Maybe he fancies himself going back to Dortmund to build them up to being the
second big club in Germany. That would be an option for him to leave Pool.

MouChou

People saying Klopp is a better manager than Guardiola have a valid very valid point imo.

If you look at both how they came into their teams and the way they managed to build their teams yes both spent about the same amount but the most astonishing point here is that even while spending about the same it is mostly overlooked because Liverpool are almost as good as city now but when Klopp took them over they were just about a 6/7 placed team with loads of deadwood, yes even worse than what we have as a team right now. While Guardiola took a City team who just about a cople of years ago had won the league and still had those pl winning players in their team. Actually if you look at City's team their core hasn't changed much: Kompany, Fernandinho, D. Silva, De Bryune, Sterling, Aguero are all about the most vital players in Gusrdiolas City team and he didn't have to buy them in the first place because they were already there when he came, you can only imagine how much these players would cost in todays market...

On the other hand the only players who have remained from the time Klopp came and are somewhat vital to his team are: Lovren, J. Gomez, Henderson, Milner, Firmino, Origi. Some of us if not many laughed at these players called shit and whatnot but he managed to build a team with these sort of "deadwood" and managed to get 97 points (1 less than "the best team to ever exist") while winning the Champions League.

For me he truly deserves all the praise he gets and more, and I will never forgive our board for letting him slip through our fingers which enabled our most hated rivals become one of the elite team in europe again while we languish in sinilar circumstances they were pre-Klopp. Disgusting.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
Net spend is pretty irrelevant though when a desperate team like Barça overpays beyond belief for one of your players. It’d be like doing the same for Dortmund with the Dembele sale.

That said, Klopp is tremendous, but most of us knew that long before he arrived at Liverpool.
Net spend is never irrelevant. Klopp and Liverpool have wheeled and sealed superbly since 2015.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It's four years and a week ago that we were getting spanked 6-1 by Stoke.

That summer, Rodgers sacked much of the backroom staff and went into the next season like houllier reborn, with fullbacks staying in their own half, central midfielders not breaking through the lines and pumping long balls to benteke.

Can't believe we are where we are today.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
Much is being made about the pitch. Actually, it wasn't just Disneyland that made Klopp reject us. Fact is, Woodward was far up LvG's arse when he approached Klopp and only proposed the United job half-heartedly. If I remember right, the papers reported he also requested Klopp to join after LvG's 3rd season or something like that -- as though any manager would wait that long! It was just an eyewash as Woodward had full faith in LvG at the time. Just goes to show his incompetence really.

That was the second approach. The first time we approached him was again a formality as Moyes was pretty much the chosen one, but Klopp was anyway not available.

That was puzzling me as it couldn't have been Ed who first approached Klopp to become Utd manager before Moyes was appointed .

The Nani

Just as Coutinho isn't worth the money payed, so are Van Djik and Allison at the time they were signed. All were inflated.
Every transfer is inflated now when a top club comes in for a top player. But I doubt Klopp and Liverpool fans give a shit whereas Barca fans are livid.

Klopp is building a better side than he did at Dortmund. It sucks, but it is no surprise at all really.

Feck Liverpool but fair play to him.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Really looking forward to the 19/20 season. If they start dropping points by Aug-Sept-Oct things could get interesting :D. And in Europe, everyone will try to dethrone them. Staying at the top ain't easy. Right now they are hated (from a competitive point of view).

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Well let’s assume Klopp stays at Liverpool at least for 1-2 more seasons. In case he wishes to move on, I‘d say it will be the national team or another team in the PL or Germany (Dortmund / Bayern). Klopp is a guy who has great motivation and communication skills, for this to work out, it’s preferable to speak the countries language. Of course you have interpreters etc. and some players can also speak English, but I’m not sure if he would have the same success in Italy or Spain.
He is currently contracted until 2022 which would take him up to 7 years. I’ve no doubt he will be offered better terms and an extension soon but not sure he will commit to it. Anything past 2022 will be a bonus. Anyone’s guess where he will go next but somewhere like Napoli, Atletico or maybe an outside bet like Benfica would follow his managerial choices to date.

Ban

You'd be surprised the amount of posters on the Caf that thought Klopp had turned shit though. Whether out of bitterness or genuine feeling.
Maybe it's just hope. I was just laughing at the guy bigging himself up.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
He is currently contracted until 2022 which would take him up to 7 years. I’ve no doubt he will be offered better terms and an extension soon but not sure he will commit to it. Anything past 2022 will be a bonus. Anyone’s guess where he will go next but somewhere like Napoli, Atletico or maybe an outside bet like Benfica would follow his managerial choices to date.
You don't think he'll manage the German NT?

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
Great credit to Klopp. Since he came his signings have been spot on. Season on season he identified weaknesses and fixed them. He astutely used his first six months in charge to assess the squad. Hasn't bought in more than five players in anyone season.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
You don't think he'll manage the German NT?
Maybe but I think he has one more stint as a club manager in him first. He has such an intensive way of playing that I’m not sure he would be a great fit for a NT because he would have such limited time with the players.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
People saying Klopp is a better manager than Guardiola have a valid very valid point imo.

If you look at both how they came into their teams and the way they managed to build their teams yes both spent about the same amount but the most astonishing point here is that even while spending about the same it is mostly overlooked because Liverpool are almost as good as city now but when Klopp took them over they were just about a 6/7 placed team with loads of deadwood, yes even worse than what we have as a team right now. While Guardiola took a City team who just about a cople of years ago had won the league and still had those pl winning players in their team. Actually if you look at City's team their core hasn't changed much: Kompany, Fernandinho, D. Silva, De Bryune, Sterling, Aguero are all about the most vital players in Gusrdiolas City team and he didn't have to buy them in the first place because they were already there when he came, you can only imagine how much these players would cost in todays market...

On the other hand the only players who have remained from the time Klopp came and are somewhat vital to his team are: Lovren, J. Gomez, Henderson, Milner, Firmino, Origi. Some of us if not many laughed at these players called shit and whatnot but he managed to build a team with these sort of "deadwood" and managed to get 97 points (1 less than "the best team to ever exist") while winning the Champions League.

For me he truly deserves all the praise he gets and more, and I will never forgive our board for letting him slip through our fingers which enabled our most hated rivals become one of the elite team in europe again while we languish in sinilar circumstances they were pre-Klopp. Disgusting.
Not sure how not hiring him is such a reprehensible offence. Klopp, even at the time of his appointment to Liverpool was an exceptional manager, top 5 at least. However, there’s no guarantee he wouldn’t have suffered the fate that all United managers have since Fergie left.

dogwithabone

If looking at those celebrations in Liverpool today don’t drive our half arsed shambles to want to be competitive then nothing will.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I very much doubt he'll coach anywhere but Germany and England, maybe a very outside bet of France, but doubt he'd feel the need to take that step down. He won't go to a country where he doesn't speak the language with enough fluency.

He has zero interest in coaching when he is in 'retirment' age. Wouldn't be surprised if he retires by the time he's 60. And I wouldn't even be that surprised if Liverpool are his last club team. Maybe he'll go back to Mainz (which is the place he considers his home) in another capacity one day, which would be cool.

Josh 76

Genuis!
This guy is taking management to another level.
Just hope Pep stays around, otherwise this Guy is going to kill us all.

TheRedHearted

I think he likes the idea of a Liverpool dynasty. Wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks around. He’ll for sure aim to win the league- so what will he do?

What’s his next signings?

TheRedHearted

I think he likes the idea of a Liverpool dynasty. Wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks around. He’ll for sure aim to win the league- so what will he do?

What’s his next signings?

Blackwidow

Genuis!
This guy is taking management to another level.
Just hope Pep stays around, otherwise this Guy is going to kill us all.
No. Just look at Dortmund and Mainz. There is a time when the motivation does not work anymore and when the team does not work that good anymore.

I would say 2022 or seven years - with the last year already being a bad year.