Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Not sure Mignolet is getting the blame. He's shit but not his fault today.

We can't all have classy managers like Mourinho. Someone who nobody has ever called a cnut on more than one occasion on these forums in my 15 years on here. Do you live in a glass house Akash? I'd move.
No one's pretending otherwise unlike with Klopp. And really, Liverpool fans need to stop bringing up Mourinho any time someone says anything about Klopp.

Minimalist

Not sure Mignolet is getting the blame. He's shit but not his fault today.

No one's pretending otherwise unlike with Klopp. And really, Liverpool fans need to stop bringing up Mourinho any time someone says anything about Klopp.
It's a bit like that pre-season debate Ty and Claude had on ArsenalFanTV.

Mourinho was brought up, to which Ty goes into a rant 'Mr Negative, Mr. Nasty, Mr. Cynical..." and Claude just responds, "he always fecking beats us..." :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They were lacking a proper striker Arsenal. Walcott is crap.

It won't be easy against Harry Kane.
It wasn't even easy against Walcott who scored.

Also, I don't think Klopp helps in this regard. As much as his tactics flatter his attackers, it makes his defenders prone to looking like fools, and they appear to be only too gladly to oblige.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Because players like Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana aren't actually that good so have to resort to plan A. All three of them lack express pace, which means defenders can set their stalls out and even play a high line defence with two banks of four. Mane bucks that trend but it shouldn't all be about Mane. Again, bad management.
It wasn't this bad under Rodgers. Its basically as if Klopp has given them complete freedom, so much that they aren't working on how to get the ball in opposition box

Shark

@NotShark
He left Dortmund to field the likes of Henderson, Milner and Lallana in England. Grim.

VanGaalEra

As I said in another thread, no more excuses for Mr Klopp.

He's had two full transfer Windows, they can no longer call it Rodgers' side, it's his side now.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
I do hope he flops badly but wouldn't read too much into this loss to Burnley, Fergies United also lost to Burnley once, this things happen in football.

Rossa

The word philosophy can't be far off then if that's the case.
So looking forward to that day. I think it might just be a philosophical process.

Don´t managers understand that it pisses fans off when you say it´s a process after two transfer windows? He should have made his mark by now. Just say it was a poor showing. They were rubbish.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
So looking forward to that day. I think it might just be a philosophical process.

Don´t managers understand that it pisses fans off when you say it´s a process after two transfer windows? He should have made his mark by now. Just say it was a poor showing. They were rubbish.
This place was an example of that. All managers should get a fair grace period but it's Klopp's team now and it's his time to get it right. First full season for him and anything other than a top four finish won't be good enough.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I always wonder if his teams can break down packed defenses like yesterday. His Dortmund side seemed so much happier playing on the counter. 81% possession yesterday i don't remember a moment where they looked like scoring.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

He's had two full transfer Windows, they can no longer call it Rodgers' side, it's his side now.
I think they've marginally improved simply because there's more belief in the players and they've added Mane.
But as for the "he's had two windows", I'm still not convinced he's the one signing players.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I always wonder if his teams can break down packed defenses like yesterday. His Dortmund side seemed so much happier playing on the counter. 81% possession yesterday i don't remember a moment where they looked like scoring.
He still has the same playing philosophy. Yesterday was a special case cause hey conceded in the first minute. Burnley didn't even attempt to leave their box.
The other problem is I think Klopp doesn't know or he is poor at coaching a team defensively.
I look at the goals Dortmnud conceded in his last season and sice he joined Liverpool. Some shocking defensive performances.

Ludens the Red

I'm still not convinced he's the one signing players.
So you reckon the Liverpool board wanted some no mark Estonian centre back from the Bundesliga, or that other no mark goalkeeper they signed from the bundesliga. I'd also say Mane is a very Klopp type of player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He still has the same playing philosophy. Yesterday was a special case cause hey conceded in the first minute. Burnley didn't even attempt to leave their box.
The other problem is I think Klopp doesn't know or he is poor at coaching a team defensively.
I look at the goals Dortmnud conceded in his last season and sice he joined Liverpool. Some shocking defensive performances.
It was incredibly comical.

Natener

I think they've marginally improved simply because there's more belief in the players and they've added Mane.
But as for the "he's had two windows", I'm still not convinced he's the one signing players.
Considering half their signings this window are from Bundesliga and all the talks about Gotze over the summer, I'm more convinced he is than not.

Rafateria

Liverpool Football club. Different to the other clubs who sold their soul etc
yeah because his agent knew nothing about it either and obviously Liverpool arranged it all under the table. And Lo and Behold he was sold without his or his agent's knowledge and without a signature on a contract. What total BS. The naivity (I'm being kind) of some posters is mind numbing.

Rafateria

Considering half their signings this window are from Bundesliga and all the talks about Gotze over the summer, I'm more convinced he is than not.
Klopp said quite clearly he has the last word. Like all clubs there is a team finding players that either match the criteria the manager has given or show exceptional talent at a young age.
In this case it's clearly Klopp's ex-BL team and he himself who have identified the BL players.

clarkydaz

yeah because his agent knew nothing about it either and obviously Liverpool arranged it all under the table. And Lo and Behold he was sold without his or his agent's knowledge and without a signature on a contract. What total BS. The naivity (I'm being kind) of some posters is mind numbing.
he is speaking publicly about the clubs way of handling business, I don't see them rebuffing it. Not that I give a shit, more how Scouse fans have this precious belief their club is holier than everything and everyone else

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

January is notoriously difficult to get players in, so hardly 2 full windows. He needs at least another summer window to call it his team.
You only have to see the number of outgoings just in this window to see there is a massive changeover in players. Most of the current team are not his players, especially considering 2 of his new players haven't been fit to play yet, Matip & Karius.

We still have the likes of Balotelli on the books so how it can be called his side is a bit daft.

Liverpool Sales:

Jordan Rossiter - Glasgow Rangers.
Daniel Trickett-Smith - Sacramento Republic FC.
Jerome Sinclair - Watford.
Jaoa Teixeira - Porto.
Lawrence Vigouroux - Swindon Town.
Jordan Ibe - Bournemouth.
Martin Skrtel - Fenerbahce.
Sergi Canos - Norwich City.
Joe Allen - Stoke City.
Brad Smith - Bournemouth.
Christain Benteke - Crystal Palace.

Released:

Jose Enrique
Kolo Toure
Daniel Cleary
Samed Yesil
Kristof Polgar
Alex O'Hanlon
Ryan McLaughlin
Will Marsh
Joshua Dobie
Andrew Firth
Callum Nicholas
Jack Watts
Owen Wheeler

Loans:

Ryan Fulton - Chesterfield
Danny Ward - Huddersfield
Adam Bogdan - Wigan
Allan Rodrigues - Herta Berlin
Ryan Kent - Barnsley
Jack Dunn - Morecambe
Jon Flannagan - Burnley
Lloyd Jones - Swindon

Last edited:

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I do hope he flops badly but wouldn't read too much into this loss to Burnley, Fergies United also lost to Burnley once, this things happen in football.
I'm not sure common sense and rationale are needed here! We don't want you kind disrupting our knee jerk reactions :nono:

VanGaalEra

January is notoriously difficult to get players in, so hardly 2 full windows. He needs at least another summer window to call it his team.
You only have to see the number of outgoings just in this window to see there is a massive changeover in players. Most of the current team are not his players, especially considering 2 of his new players haven't been fit to play yet, Matip & Karius.

We still have the likes of Balotelli on the books so how it can be called his side is a bit daft.

Liverpool Sales:

Jaoa Teixeira - Porto.
Joe Allen - Stoke City.

Released:

Jose Enrique
Kolo Toure
Daniel Cleary
Samed Yesil
Kristof Polgar
Alex O'Hanlon
Ryan McLaughlin
Will Marsh
Joshua Dobie
Andrew Firth
Callum Nicholas
Jack Watts
Owen Wheeler

Loans:

Adam Bogdan - Wigan
Ryan Kent - Barnsley
Jack Dunn - Morecambe
Jon Flannagan - Burnley
Lloyd Jones - Swindon
So only into his 3rd season can it be called his side? What a joke.

I'll wait to judge all managers until it's their third season with the club then.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

Liverpool Sales:

Jaoa Teixeira - Porto.
Joe Allen - Stoke City.

Released:

Jose Enrique
Kolo Toure
Daniel Cleary
Samed Yesil
Kristof Polgar
Alex O'Hanlon
Ryan McLaughlin
Will Marsh
Joshua Dobie
Andrew Firth
Callum Nicholas
Jack Watts
Owen Wheeler

Loans:

Adam Bogdan - Wigan
Ryan Kent - Barnsley
Jack Dunn - Morecambe
Jon Flannagan - Burnley
Lloyd Jones - Swindon
I am not sure how many managers in modern football will get that sort of a time frame to build their own team. This is the season for Klopp imo, if Liverpool underperform again then he probably won't be there next summer.