Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Corridor of Uncertainty

Klopp is doing what any decent manager would do. He is pointing out injustice his team suffered to gain advantage for the rest of the season. He is very good at it and maybe that is why it is annoying.
Like when he complained that we were getting too many penalties, and low and behold, we didn't get one for months. He's a prick.

sp_107

He got the reputation of squeezing every ounce from players hence they cant perform well after a couple of years but that is not happening at Liverpool, did he learm from his mistakes or he changed coaching style

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
And they were lucky to be only 1 goal down at that point of time is my point.
Totally irrelevant though, being lucky is not disallowed in a football game. Going full force with your studs on an opponent's shin and pushing an opponent over in your box both are.

What do you actually want him to say then? "I think Kane should've seen red but we were lucky not to be down multiple goals by that point so I understand the decision." Yeah :lol:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Totally irrelevant though, being lucky is not disallowed in a football game. Going full force with your studs on an opponent's shin and pushing an opponent over in your box both are.
About time you lot got a few decisions against you. You'll get over it.

AshRK

We get plenty. No one remembers the decisions that go against a winning team however.
You are right every team gets those hard decisions. Just that Klopp moans the most whenever his team loses or drop points. He makes it look like every dropped points is due to refs injustice. Total resemblance to Wenger's tactics.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He got the reputation of squeezing every ounce from players hence they cant perform well after a couple of years but that is not happening at Liverpool, did he learm from his mistakes or he changed coaching style
He has built a very determined team. Robertson, Salah, Fabinho, Henderson, Jota, etc. They are all champing at the bit for more success and no doubt loving the plaudits that they would never achieve without him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
And they were lucky to be only 1 goal down at that point of time is my point. Had Liverpool battered Spurs and then were hard done by ref then I would have got your point. But Liverpool were also lucky in the game, more lucky than spurs. Wenger used to do the same, hide players poor performance as well and play victim mentality everytime they lost points. Sir alex used to call out players and take up blame after poor performance. I still remember after our 2-3 loss against Spurs in SAF's final season, he openly criticized the performance. I also remember vividly there were some bad decision by ref that game. But sir alex called spade a spade and admitted United were poor defensively although we should have won the game

There is a difference between protecting the team and players and being deluded everytime you lose points. Klopp comes across as deluded and cry baby like Wenger on more occasion. Again, this doesn't mean Klopp is any less manager. He is a top manager but that's not what we are discussing.
Spurs had their chances offered to them to capitalize, and they wasted it themselves. I don't think that's more unlucky than Liverpool being given clear decisions against them and not have the chance to capitalize all together.

We're sort of getting away from the point here. SAF used to call players out, sure. That worked then when the players weren't as soft but the game has changed (and by extension managerial approaches). Your insinuation that Klopp forever blames other things isn't completely accurate. He's called out his own players on various occasions, such as vs Brighton or vs Southampton for example.

Of course he will be micro analysed for his excuses and his moans and his whinges just like SAF is. Klopp is less so Wenger here. Klopp is capable of better than Wenger and he's demonstrated that with many years in his career left to spare which is why I say he's the closest to Fergie in the modern day. He takes players to another level, he doesn't rely solely on a chequebook for a deep squad, he manipulates referees and often distracts topics away when points are dropped to more controversial issues that allow his team to focus and regroup on winning the next games.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You are right every team gets those hard decisions. Just that Klopp moans the most whenever his team loses or drop points. He makes it look like every dropped points is due to refs injustice. Total resemblance to Wenger's tactics.
Luckily that doesn't happen very often.

AshRK

Spurs had their chances offered to them to capitalize, and they wasted it themselves. I don't think that's more unlucky than Liverpool being given clear decisions against them and not have the chance to capitalize all together.

We're sort of getting away from the point here. SAF used to call players out, sure. That worked then when the players weren't as soft but the game has changed (and by extension managerial approaches). Your insinuation that Klopp forever blames other things isn't completely accurate. He's called out his own players on various occasions, such as vs Brighton or vs Southampton for example.

Of course he will be micro analysed for his excuses and his moans and his whinges just like SAF is. Klopp is less so Wenger here. Klopp is capable of better than Wenger and he's demonstrated that with many years in his career left to spare which is why I say he's the closest to Fergie in the modern day. He takes players to another level, he doesn't rely solely on a chequebook for a deep squad, he manipulates referees and often distracts topics away when points are dropped to more controversial issues that allow his team to focus and regroup on winning the next games.
I am not sure what wr are discussing now. Are we discussing Klopp the overall manager or Klopp's moaning because for me those are two different things.

Ofcourse Klopp as an overall manager is not different to Sir alex. For me he is a top manager and I am not even disputing that. The work he had done at Liverpool is amazing.

But I don't think we are discussing that. For me Klopp is more of a wenger when it comes to complaining about refs. And I feel we both disagree with that conclusion. So let us agree to disagree on that.

Dansk

Klopp complaining about the holiday fixture list.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...stmas-fixture-list-amid-covid-chaos-vtnjlb398

Remember last year when the holiday schedule read as if they had tasked Liverpool with making it? It looked like it was expressly designed to help them as much as possible and be as tough as possible for literally all of Liverpool's rivals and competitors. It genuinely could not have been more generous to them. It was the literally best possible schedule they could ever have asked for, down to the exact order of preference for which teams Liverpool would most want to see fecked by the holiday fixture schedule.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Klopp complaining about the holiday fixture list.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...stmas-fixture-list-amid-covid-chaos-vtnjlb398

Remember last year when the holiday schedule read as if they had tasked Liverpool with making it? It looked like it was expressly designed to help them as much as possible and be as tough as possible for literally all of Liverpool's rivals and competitors. It genuinely could not have been more generous to them. It was the literally best possible schedule they could ever have asked for, down to the exact order of preference for which teams Liverpool would most want to see fecked by the holiday fixture schedule.

Klopp isn't comparing Liverpool to other clubs here; he has complained about the EPL's tradition of playing multiple matches over the holiday period and the lack of a winter break since he first arrived at Liverpool. The winter break is now in place (it's a small and imperfect break, but still), and I imagine he'll go on complaining about the holiday schedule every year until something is done about it.
That reputation was never justified though.

Teja

Everyone could read SAF too. Its not like he was subtle :lol:

Klopps whinging at this time will make refs and media take a close look at the validity of it all. And he actually has a leg to stand on with a stone cold pen and Kane red to lean on.

He was smart when he highlighted our pen record publicly before we got feck all pen decisions for an extended period.

I dont know why some people are sounding defensive from an obvious observation that Klopp is Fergie like. They have the best manager around right now and we hate it, and by extension, him.
The drama when either Klopp or Pep drop points is on another level compared to Fergie. They both in their own way have a holier than thou approach and if they lost it's because either the refs are shit or teams played too direct or not direct enough or it's too windy or they have too many injuries or whatever and it's never because they were shit.

If anything they're close to Wenger than Fergie.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The drama when either Klopp or Pep drop points is on another level compared to Fergie. They both in their own way have a holier than thou approach and if they lost it's because either the refs are shit or teams played too direct or not direct enough or it's too windy or they have too many injuries or whatever and it's never because they were shit.

If anything they're close to Wenger than Fergie.
Fergie caused shit loads of drama too - but I'm not going to bother trying to say he was on a level with the others.

That said the game has changed. In this instance Klopp had a pretty fair right to moan at the ref which makes me wonder why everyone jumps on him when he did.

I mean when he blames the wind or the conservative nature of the opponents then fair fecks go at him. But this is a bizarre one - his post match is basically how I would expect Fergie to have conducted it had he had the same game.

sp_107

Fergie caused shit loads of drama too - but I'm not going to bother trying to say he was on a level with the others.

That said the game has changed. In this instance Klopp had a pretty fair right to moan at the ref which makes me wonder why everyone jumps on him when he did.

I mean when he blames the wind or the conservative nature of the opponents then fair fecks go at him. But this is a bizarre one - his post match is basically how I would expect Fergie to have conducted it had he had the same game.

It depends on how close your opponent to your points and based on that you improve your points total to win the trophy

If Fergies is managing us now he would hsave tried to hit 90+ on consistent basis

VivaRonaldo85

He is the master of mind games. He has a way of creating a siege mentality of it’s us against the world which brings out the best in his players. I assume he doesn’t like the referee Tierney cause he stood up to Klopp and booked him for his incessive mouthing off.

He is basically a modern day SAF in his prime in regards to his use of the media to get across points to work towards his teams favour plus his relationships with various referees.

The only difference being SAF used to get fined regularly for post match comments about referees. It appears Klopp is either immune or is a master of towing the FA’s line between punishment and sweet FA.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
He is the master of mind games. He has a way of creating a siege mentality of it’s us against the world which brings out the best in his players. I assume he doesn’t like the referee Tierney cause he stood up to Klopp and booked him for his incessive mouthing off.

He is basically a modern day SAF in his prime in regards to his use of the media to get across points to work towards his teams favour plus his relationships with various referees.

The only difference being SAF used to get fined regularly for post match comments about referees. It appears Klopp is either immune or is a master of towing the FA’s line between punishment and sweet FA.
Is it really mindgames? I get the impression Klopp just gets really pissed off at matches that aren't going the way he wants, and is still really in that mindset right after. Does he also say these things in pre-match press conferences and other interviews?

djembatheking

Henderson complaining about player welfare because of the amount of games so we should expect Klopp to rotate quite heavily over the christmas period to protect his players like other clubs do. Will he though?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Guy really doesn't care for domestic cups, does he?

Though with the competition they have in the league(City), can't say i blame him for resting the first team as much as possible.

cyberman

Salah and Trent’s output covered a lot of weaknesses and it was bound to slow down at some stage. The fact these weaknesses haven’t been addressed is on Klopp.
it’s about time we stopped pretending they’re on City’s level. They’re on the verge of looking down at a top 4 race if they don’t pick back up soon. The wind ups from Liverpool fans on here can stop now

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
1 Pemier League and 1 UCL is all they are getting during Klopps reign. Which is still pretty good but I don't see them winning more big trophies in the next 2-3 years he will be there.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Playing against that Leicester back four and not scoring is embarrassing quite frankly.

Looking forward to hearing his excuses.

spiriticon

"They just defended with 10 behind the ball and put the long balls over. This is not football, it's so disappointing"

His go-to interview quote every time Liverpool get beat

cyberman

1 Pemier League and 1 UCL is all they are getting during Klopps reign. Which is still pretty good but I don't see them winning more big trophies in the next 2-3 years he will be there.
I’ve said this on here! The constant comparisons to Utd under SAF have been a joke and needs to end.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I hope you're right but they are just 6 points off at the half way stage. It's not over. And Europe is a totally different situation as Pep always blows it forCity and Bayern aside there's not many other teams to get in their way.

marktan

Not 100% his fault as I'm sure it's more on the owners, but it's criminal for them that they didn't sign any attackers in the summer. They have no depth there, Manes been shite since being overplayed and Firminos always injured. If they brought in two attackers they genuinely could've challenged, but they play the same front 3 always and it'll never last over a full season.

AshRK

I hope you're right but they are just 6 points off at the half way stage. It's not over. And Europe is a totally different situation as Pep always blows it forCity and Bayern aside there's not many other teams to get in their way.
Have a strong feeling Inter will do a number on them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not 100% his fault as I'm sure it's more on the owners, but it's criminal for them that they didn't sign any attackers in the summer. They have no depth there, Manes been shite since being overplayed and Firminos always injured. If they brought in two attackers they genuinely could've challenged, but they play the same front 3 always and it'll never last over a full season.
Mane and Salah barely miss a game amazingly, and Firmy and Jota jobshare most of the time.
It's very very occasionally they have to dip into the Minamino and Origi level of shte.
If they had to more often they'd quickly get exposed.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Good post, pretty much covers it. When we needed defenders we didn't buy them last season. And it was clear Mane was losing it big time but we didn't invest while City bought Grealish for bantz.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Inter are a surprisingly decent team if they don't crumble under pressure and actually play their game they have very good chance

Though they are missing barella unfortunately a big miss

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The Serie A looks miles behind the Premier League. We played AC Milan with a second string side when they were top and beat them.