Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

crossy1686

career ending
So they haven’t beaten a top 4 team this year, they’ve played 3 finals and scored 0 goals. In Klopps entire time there they’ve won 1 CL and a COVID title that had a break in the middle of the season but he’s the best manager in the world and Liverpool are the best team in the world?

Looks to me like his team can only win when the pressure is off.

90 + 5min

Update

Signed for Liverpool 8.10.2015

Won
Premier League 1
Champions League 1
Carabao Cup 1
TheFa Cup 1
UEFA Super Cup 1
FIFA Club World Cup 1

He got a long way to go to be considered as the best or near the best. Not only in England, but in Liverpool to. This is not saying he is bad. Is is clearly good manager. Just to compare, Rafael Benitez have two less trophies than Klopp in Liverpool.

BerryBerryShrew

He's still an exceptional manager and this season's of the best I've ever seen for any club.

Yes, they ultimately came short and 'only' won two of the four trophies, nevertheless how they they pushed on every single front until the very end is a sight to behold and an example to every club wanting to call themselves a great one. Especially by today's standards. Or you keep your oppo fan specs and call him shite.
Won the Carabao Cup- you know, the trophy that top teams generally treat with even less reverence than the Community Shield and play youth teams in. Held scoreless in final and only won on pens.

Won the FA Cup: Once again, scoreless in final and won on pens.

Came second in League:.......Second comes right after first...right?

Runner up in CL: Good run in theory, but they had a laughable run of ties after the group stages. A pathetic Inter in the last 16 (couldn't even win a weak Serie A), the mighty Benfica in the quarters and a Villareal team in the semis that even we managed to beat twice. Didn't earn their place in the final.

Real won La Liga at a canter and won the CL having beaten PSG, Chelsea and City in the ko rounds en route to the final. If you think Loserpool had an all time great season, then what did Real just have? City had a better season too given that they actually won a major trophy.

Eddy_JukeZ

I remember before the league was over that media were discussing if he is on SAF's level. Yet after 9 years all he has to show is one asterisk league title and a CL won against Spurs.
You can remove Sir Alex's Manchester United career from his portfolio and it's still better than Klopp's.

The work he did with Aberdeen was incredible.

Add in Manchester United and it's not even close.

It's a fecking insult that Klopp is compared to him. He is the ultimate 'nearly man' in football. No one cares who finished 2nd.

fergies coat

You can remove Sir Alex's Manchester United career from his portfolio and it's still better than Klopp's.

The work he did with Aberdeen was incredible.

Add in Manchester United and it's not even close.

It's a fecking insult that Klopp is compared to him. He is the ultimate 'nearly man' in football. No one cares who finished 2nd.
That's the thing that annoys me. People bang about Sir Alex European record saying he should of won more. (Which he should of) but he still has 4 European trophies, and the one he won with Aberdeen could be argued was his biggest achievement. That was just as big as winning the champions league as far as I'm concerned.

He also won the ecwc in 91 against a Barcelona side that went on to win the European Cup the next season.

Last edited:

izec

Sir Alex is the goat.

We have to exclude him when talking about the other managers, no one comes close.

Pep and Klopp are way behind, Carlo is miles in front of them as well.

Robertd0803

"Book tickets for the final next year".

Watch them get knocked out in the 2nd round by someone they are expected to beat :lol:

TsuWave

“Klopp era”

Liverpool have won one league title vs City’s four

“Klopp era”

AndySmith1990

“Klopp era”

Liverpool have won one league title vs City’s four

“Klopp era”
After 30 years of no title it's fair enough to be happy with the Klopp era. If Ten Hag wins a PL and CL in the next 5 years I reckon we'll be pretty chuffed, all things considered

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
After 30 years of no title it's fair enough to be happy with the Klopp era. If Ten Hag wins a PL and CL in the next 5 years I reckon we'll be pretty chuffed, all things considered
The difference is no one would be labelling us the greatest team ever if we did that.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Sir Alex is the goat.

We have to exclude him when talking about the other managers, no one comes close.

Can’t believe it’s even been mentioned. So far they’ve won the same amount of premier leagues as Leicester ffs.

Real Name

Them acting like God given gift to football makes it even more sweeter. All their ex players pundits saying Madrid don't have a chance, they're a better team, Salah talking about a score to settle. Maybe it will teach them to pipe down a bit.

Just kidding.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think luck and psychology have played a huge part in his final record. At Dortmund, he was up against one of the best Bayern teams in history. At Liverpool this is the first final they have lost where you can say they were arguably favourites. I also think his players struggle under the high pressure situations of a CL final. In the two finals against, Madrid, Liverpool did well to suffocate them especially in the first half but in these high pressure games, their passing is always slightly off which is suicidal for the kind of football they play. That's where he has to work on.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Is he bad in finals because his style of play leaves them exhausted at the end of the season? It looked like Madrid’s game plan was just to let them tire themselves out in-game, and halfway through the second half they had nothing left. I’m sure they looked tired in their CL win against Spurs too.
They seem to use up all their energy in the first 30 mins of finals to try and blow the other team away. If you can weather that storm you have every chance

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Liverpool has peaked. They can’t get better then what they have done. They have been phenomenal for years but don’t have enough to show for it.

They huff and puff but they can never blow the house down.
They’re all asthmatic mate, all they do is huff & puff

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I can't believe this vile moment nearly led them to the fecking quadruple.

AshRK

This last week should hurt Liverpool. Their fans can gloat all they want but not winning either CL or PL after being really good for most part of the season and getting the luck of draw will hurt them. I still remember I was gutter when we got knocked out by Portsmouth in our 07-08 FA cup. But atleast the double we won was PL and CL.

Would be interesting to see how they react to this last one week. Last time when they lost the league by one point the next season they went again and walked the league. I have a good feeling they may struggle to do that next season. Mane seems to be going. Salah also looks lost. VVD isn't the same VVD as he was 3 seasons back. Jota Diaz are good but are not peak Salah or Mane.

I hope it all comes down crashing but being realistic and taking away my United glasses, they will be there and thereabout but can't see them repeating this.

Irrational.

Won the Carabao Cup- you know, the trophy that top teams generally treat with even less reverence than the Community Shield and play youth teams in. Held scoreless in final and only won on pens.

Won the FA Cup: Once again, scoreless in final and won on pens.

Came second in League:.......Second comes right after first...right?

Runner up in CL: Good run in theory, but they had a laughable run of ties after the group stages. A pathetic Inter in the last 16 (couldn't even win a weak Serie A), the mighty Benfica in the quarters and a Villareal team in the semis that even we managed to beat twice. Didn't earn their place in the final.

Real won La Liga at a canter and won the CL having beaten PSG, Chelsea and City in the ko rounds en route to the final. If you think Loserpool had an all time great season, then what did Real just have? City had a better season too given that they actually won a major trophy.
Spot on. And I bet Klopp and the Scousers would give their left nut and both “trophies” they won in exchange for City’s PL title.

How dare Madrid not play into his hands! :houllier:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Klopp is eerily similar to Lippi and Liverpool to mid-90s Juventus.

Smithy89

Now i like Klopps football, it's fun to watch and i switch between him and Pep for who i dislike the most, but Klopp and Liverpool have won 1 league title in over 30 years and last night they ended up with two trophies matching the great 2017 United side.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Sir Alex is the goat.

Klopp is also miles behind Pep. Even with the media harping about Liverpool since Klopp has become their manager, they still only managed to beat Pep once to the league title and it was in a season when City were rebuilding their team.

Now the real challenge for Klopp will be if he can do the same. The team he has can't keep playing over 50 games a season. A lot of his star players are reaching their 30s, they won't be getting any better. What happens when van Dijk, Salah and Mane start losing their legs?

Irrational.

What was he on about when he said two decisions went against them?

Not a clue.

Conveniently leaves out the biggest decision of the night, which went in their favour (Benzema goal). Imagine if it was a Liverpool goal that had been ruled out, his anus would’ve puckered up and he’d be frothing at the gash.

The guy is just a sore loser and an imbecile, can’t even give Madrid the credit they deserve.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
What was he on about when he said two decisions went against them?

He looks absolutely miserable and let down in this interview here.. def not the what he expected from the game at all..

Noc-Z

ffs
Liverpool will remain favourites for the next few seasons for the league and champions league. There's still a core of brilliant players. Just hoping some of their big players leave for new challenges.
Really? How can you be so sure of that? Man City have added Haaland, you don't see them being favourites for the league over Liverpool?

I believe Man City and Bayern were favourites above Liverpool as we went into the knock-out rounds this year.

I'm not so sure Liverpool will be favourites for the league or champions league next season.