Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
It's not an issue that he's pretty one sided tactically because it's a brilliant tactic. The problem is he utterly failed in replacing that engine room constantly with fresh legs. Thiago seemed a shrewd buy if you think in general terms but he's a completely different player from Wijnaldum and was never really suited towards their style. Keita has been awful and a crock for years. Elliot isn't even a midfielder. Carvalho was pointless. So he's still playing a bunch of players from that 2018 team 5 years later and they don't have the legs they did then, and thus you get performances last night where they blow their load in 20 minutes but eventually wear down and get circles played around them as they get exposed.

SAF sustained success for so many years not only because he was a bit more versatile, but because he constantly refreshed his squad and was always willing to deal with perhaps a year or two of growing pains blooding in the new signings. Klopp notoriously hated rotation anyways, and his style is harder on a footballers body than any other team in the world. So they now have a midfield of spent footballers and Bajtetic who's just 18 and should never have to be relied upon against fecking Real Madrid with as little experience as he has.

It's pretty clear to me that Liverpool's talent ID was more a product of their backroom staff/data dept/Edwards and less Klopp. Many of them are gone, and you can see in recent windows it's sort of a scattergun approach to signings (chasing Bellingham and Tchoumeini without backups, Nunez for a huge fee, Gakpo, Carvalho)
Another factor (or another way of saying it) is that for heavy metal football you need young guys. You need amazing fitness (and all the help you can get!). So the physios and docs and training regimen comes into play. I remember once Neville and Keane saying that a big ‘secret’ of the 90’s SAF days was being fitter than the rest. I was struck against Real how much Pool ran out of steam. The 50/50 balls suddenly went from Red to White, even before half-time. . In the end Modrich was embarrassing a guy half his age. That’s a serious problem for Klopp. More patient styles like Real have a longer shelf life. Jurgen needs a new challenge. Liverpool need a patient rebuild in a different model. Klopp just burned them out. It’s in his face, his tired smile.

m1tch

Were they though? You can make the case for Robertson and maybe Salah who did come in at 40 million but Alisson wasn't cheap, neither was Van Dijk, Fabinho wasn't some diamond in the rough plucked from obscurity.

I know this is a United forum but calling his success at Liverpool "luck" is outright false. It's an ageing team asked to play a very taxing style of football, not really that big of a mystery why it's not working anymore.
Yeah Van Dijk and Alisson weren't cheap but they both went to higher levels once brought in and you'd happily pay significantly more knowing how they'd worked out. Like I said, virtually every signing worked. Mane, Salah, Robertson, Wijnaldum even TAA wasn't a signing but you don't see him playing now like he was then. Not a single Lukaku, Pogba, Grealish, Torres (to Chelsea), Felix, Maguire, Coutinho (to Barca), Andy Carroll, Hazard (to Real), mega money signing that went wrong. Hopefully Nunez will prove to be an Andy Carroll and a return to the normal levels of 'luck' that clubs experience in the transfer market.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah Van Dijk and Alisson weren't cheap but they both went to higher levels once brought in and you'd happily pay significantly more knowing how they'd worked out. Like I said, virtually every signing worked. Mane, Salah, Robertson, Wijnaldum even TAA wasn't a signing but you don't see him playing now like he was then. Not a single Lukaku, Pogba, Grealish, Torres (to Chelsea), Felix, Maguire, Coutinho (to Barca), Andy Carroll, Hazard (to Real), mega money signing that went wrong. Hopefully Nunez will prove to be an Andy Carroll and a return to the normal levels of 'luck' that clubs experience in the transfer market.
Naby Keita was a big signing and he's been shite even before he started getting injuries. Back in the 2017 transfer market £50M+ was huge money for a midfielder.

But yeah generally speaking their recruitment has been good but they've had their fair share of luck as well. Klopp wanted Brandt, only to end up with Salah instead on the DOF's recommendation at the last minute. Klopp wanted Werner, only to end up with Jota instead due to the club being broke and Jota being the cheaper option. They've also been seriously interested in the likes of Thomas Lemar, Nabil Fekir and Donyell Malen in recent years for big money and they've all been big flops at the clubs they actually ended up at. Maybe in some instances Liverpool weighed the risks and smartly decided against the move, but mostly I would think it's just been a case of them being priced out and counting their blessings afterwads having dodged a bullet.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
One of the funniest parts of his meltdown is watching him wear that stupid hat with the LFC chicken on his forehead for every presser.
The bit I loved, with his “book your tickets” shit in mind…..was the Turkish Airlines logos all over the board behind him :D

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"Who decided we should play this late on a Saturday night? It disrupted our flow. This is so not right."

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Fourth blank they’ve drawn in front of goal in their last six league games (scored v the submasochists Everton and v Newcastle).

They’re actually not playing that much worse than 90% of their games in the last 2-3 seasons. The amount of times they produced putrid hoofball but spawned a goal from nowhere (all the while opponents missed absolute sitters) was simply preposterous but now the goals have dried up, they’re being exposed big style.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Give him a break. His team faced the mighty Real Madrid and lost, confidence was at all time low and then they have to travel to Crystanbul, the scousers slaughter house.

always_hoping

Shows how little interest I have in Liverpool now that i didn't even know they were playing tonight

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
What’s the twat saying now?
Some shit about Palace not having a shot on target as he learned tonight hitting the bar doesnt count or some shit. And that this type of game is typical of them. He’s a classless passive aggressive piece of shit and he needs to be called out on it more.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Redknapp convinced they get Bellingham even if they don’t get top 4. He also thinks they will get top 4 anyway. Big claims

AshRK

Redknapp convinced they get Bellingham even if they don’t get top 4. He also thinks they will get top 4 anyway. Big claims
They could end up having worse season than ours last season but the scouse media don't want to show that

Josh 76

Bellingham has definitely let it slip to someone that he’s joining Liverpool. Too much noise from ex Liverpool players for it not to be true. Spunking 150m on a teenager who’s had one good season in the German league, feel free!

LordSpud

Some shit about Palace not having a shot on target as he learned tonight hitting the bar doesnt count or some shit. And that this type of game is typical of them. He’s a classless passive aggressive piece of shit and he needs to be called out on it more.
I kind of agree. Palace are the type of team to get banged up by Southampton or West Ham but turn up against us, Liverpool or City. They are one of the ultimate game raisers.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I kind of agree. Palace are the type of team to get banged up by Southampton or West Ham but turn up against us, Liverpool or City. They are one of the ultimate game raisers.
So what? It’s on him to find a way to beat it. Unless teams play into his hands his cries like a little bitch every single time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
believing their own hype.

If they spunk all their money on 1 player again it’ll be hilarious tbh. Bellingham is good but he won’t turn this around alone