Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Valencia Shin Crosses

Bellingham has definitely let it slip to someone that he’s joining Liverpool. Too much noise from ex Liverpool players for it not to be true. Spunking 150m on a teenager who’s had one good season in the German league, feel free!
Even if he’s good they need so much more and I don’t know how buying him isn’t spunking the entire budget

gorky_utd

Don't understand why any good young player would want to join klopp when it is becoming quite clear that after couple of seasons, the player will run out of steam. It happened in Dortmund, happening again at Liverpool. If I was Bellingham, I would just replace Modric in Real.

Redfrog

I can remember in the last two or three years thinking that he had lost a bit of trust in the youngsters and the team felt a bit different because of that. Things like bringing Scholes back from retirement rather than trusting a young Pogba and not replacing an aging midfield quick enough. He was a master at getting the balance right before that and keeping the team fresh, but some of the veterans were a few years older than usual in that last team.

There was also the Van Persie signing, which although amazing was quite unusual for the amount of money and his age for Ferguson, but that felt like someone he had always wanted to be fair.
The youngsters were just not good enough and the investment in the team was ridiculous.
Fergie knew it was the last shot and was planning to retire after the last title.
I don’t blame him. I really think he would have managed few more years and invested more in the team if Ronaldo stayed.

cyberman

It’s ok, Jamie Redknapp thinks it’s just down to confidence and they’ll get top 4 this and challenge again next season.
Klopp needn’t worry

cyberman

The youngsters were just not good enough and the investment in the team was ridiculous.
Fergie knew it was the last shot and was planning to retire after the last title.
I don’t blame him. I really think he would have managed few more years and invested more in the team if Ronaldo stayed.
He had Ronaldo lined up for a return when he retired?

acolyte

Even if he’s good they need so much more and I don’t know how buying him isn’t spunking the entire budget
Especially the wage budget. He's going to be on more than everyone bar Salah, surely. Are they going to have a horribly unbalanced wage bill with a teenager earning galactico money, or are they going to blow up the relatively sustainable policy they've had under Klopp and start spending big money on their whole squad?

Redfrog

He had Ronaldo lined up for a return when he retired?
No, I meant if Ronaldo stayed with us instead of going to Madrid. I don’t think he would have retired while having one of the best in his prime.

cyberman

No, I meant if Ronaldo stayed with us instead of going to Madrid. I don’t think he would have retired while having one of the best in his prime.
Yeah but he retired when he knew he had Ronaldo lined up for a return that very summer after winning the league at a canter?

Redfrog

Yeah but he retired when he knew he had Ronaldo lined up for a return that very summer after winning the league at a canter?
Didn’t know that Ronaldo was lined up for a return when he retired.
Anyway, nobody knows and I am probably speaking bullsh*t. :lol:

bringbackbebe

Does anyone actually think he’s going to get sacked?
They'd be mad to sack him. He's also too egotistical to go if Madrid or some big club comes calling. A bit Wenger like situation. He'll stay if they make the champions league. Else they'll shake hands and he'll go on some time off like he did after Dortmund.

Witchking

He will remain at Liverpool till he wants to remain. They will never sack him.

It's laughable to think that he would leave of liverpool miss out on top 4.

He would want to correct it before even thinking of moving on.

Just hope he fails miserably.

crossy1686

career ending
I don’t. He might choose to leave but they’ll never sack him.
They will because he’s already talking about fixing the issue in the summer, the board won’t want to hear that it’s going to cost hundreds of millions to fix it when they can just replace him with someone who might be able to get more out of the squad instead.

Bowlcut11

He's just referred to Weghorst as 'that Dutch fella' and claimed our team isn't set for the next '20 years given who they've signed'.

Disrespectful to Weggy but seems blind to the fact his own team is aging extremely quickly and their results have tapered off dramatically. I'd say we are much better set for the future than them.

People in glass houses and all that.

cyberman

Was crying about not getting penalties today as well.
I can’t wait until Sunday

SuperiorXI

What I would do for a 98th minute clear offside goal off Weghorst's arse (even though only 2 minutes were meant to be added on) with 5 valid scouse goals chalked off by VAR and us winning 1-0.

I'm not asking for much.

RedorDead21

It’s ok, Jamie Redknapp thinks it’s just down to confidence and they’ll get top 4 this and challenge again next season.
Klopp needn’t worry
He’s also using us as his example of how quickly things can turn after 1 or 2 signings! Odd as only 6 months ago we were a complete shambles , who should have gone for Conte if we wanted to win again, needed to sell Rashford for everyone’s benefit and we’re always buying the wrong type of player.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Again great mind games by him. He fecked Ole once and he is trying again.
"I am glad that someone noticed it", he said. Cut the crap, Jurgen. You told your journo to say that stat about lack of pens for pool and ask you a question about it.

Swedish_Plumber

Why are managers seemingly allowed to complain about not getting penalties etc these days without any charges?

Seem to recall fergie getting a few charges for ‘unduly influencing officials’ way back when.

Steve Bruce

He suits them well. I find him amusing myself but he is at the right club for his personality.