Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The very fact we're still behind them given their form tells you all you need to know about United.

We've not capitalised on their poor form.
The only major difference is that they started the season brightly, whereas we've enjoyed an unbeaten run now.

Jaybomb

So is it burn out or is Silva actually a decent manager ?
Both. Liverpool and especially Klopp can never break down teams that sit back and defend.

They sold Benteke cause he didn't "press"... they needed a player like Benteke today.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
This is a dramatic freefall we're in. wtf.
Really is quite odd given just how good you were when you were on form. The natural assumption is that the playing style is leading to mental and physical burnout but it's hard to know whether that's just confirmation bias. The stats seem to suggest the physical side of things aren't too bad. It's just a lack of sharpness and inspiration everywhere. Seems unlikely Klopp would lose the dressing room.

What's your view?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
The only major difference is that they started the season brightly, whereas we've enjoyed an unbeaten run now.
We don't look better than them even during this exhilarating unbeaten run that is riddled with draws... we have a major fight on our hands for fifth.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Really is quite odd given just how good you were when you were on form. The natural assumption is that the playing style is leading to mental and physical burnout but it's hard to know whether that's just confirmation bias. The stats seem to suggest the physical side of things aren't too bad. It's just a lack of sharpness and inspiration everywhere. Seems unlikely Klopp would lose the dressing room.

What's your view?
Our defence is radically worse than our attack. We haven't been as inspired as we were in the first half of the season, but we've still been scoring goals.

You can always rely on our defence to make it way easier for the opponents to score than the work our attackers have to put in to score one for our team.

This would just be a dull patch in an ongoing title challenge if we were keeping clean sheets.

Castia

Liverpool generally seems to change people, Klopp is now a massive bell end.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He'll be gone on Monday.
No he won't, besides who would they replace him with? Not like anyone better would consider them or are currently available.

It would be fantastic though, especially if Gerrard replaced him.

C'est Moi Cantona

Really like the look of this Silva fella, gone into a team playing horribly, shaken things up, flogged a raft first team players, brought in what he could, and improved things drastically, far play to job really well done up to now.

SirScholes

where is the Liverpool poster who said they had an easy run in?

I posted saying they tend to be shite against the smaller teams and he laughed it off.

I'm endlessly scrolling through this thread to find the quotes ha

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Not claiming to be special, bellend asshole. I don't read every frigging post here. Now run along and play with the traffic.
It was never intended to be in bold letters but I guess i'll just keep my opinion to myself from now on. I wouldn't want the typing police chasing me down again.
Dude, chill. Don't ruin the joy you should be having with watching Klopp royally lose his shit and turn into Brendan 2.0

Couch potato 82

They are shockingly one dimensional at the moment. Should have done business in January. They'll be 6th at end of season and if klopp doesn't get major backing in summer window he'll be gone. He is a fantastic manager but you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Bigger and better clubs would have him in a heart beat. Scouse need to back him or they'll be fecked for a long time

SirScholes

Meh we gifted you the game so a point is a point gained.
Both of us are chasing top 4 our title chances are just as good as Liverpools and city's
Like I say it's the small teams Liverpool have a history of failing to get motivated for.
I'd rather have teams in the lower reaches of the PL remaining to play away than those in the Top 6.
@Rafateria as we were saying ha

Devil81

Liverpool generally seems to change people, Klopp is now a massive bell end.
He was more than likely always a bellend but we just never noticed it until he was in our league. I find his antics pathetic and embarrassing in all honesty, I've just read the Joey Barton autobiography and though he's a massive knob himself, he sums up managers like Stuart Pearce and Klopp in a nutshell. Managers aren't supposed to be jumping around like fools.

SirScholes

They are shockingly one dimensional at the moment. Should have done business in January. They'll be 6th at end of season and if klopp doesn't get major backing in summer window he'll be gone. He is a fantastic manager but you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Bigger and better clubs would have him in a heart beat. Scouse need to back him or they'll be fecked for a long time
I'd argue he was backed, not like you were shy in the transfer market, 60/70mil? Not bad like

SirScholes

The very fact we're still behind them given their form tells you all you need to know about United.

We've not capitalised on their poor form.
The only thing that spoils me enjoyin Liverpool losing is knowing we will also lose or draw 0-0 in our game in hand

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Our defence has always been shite, but now our attack is too. Teams are just packing the middle of the pitch and we can't find a way around them. Instead, we pass sideways and cross the ball aimlessly into nobody (50 fecking crosses today). We then proceed to concede on the counter, or from set pieces. In basic terms - we've been figured out.

Something needs to change radically, because this is now a huge crisis and even Everton are only six points behind. If I'm honest, I'm not hugely optimistic about finishing fourth.

One branch of hope to cling onto is that we only have two games in the next 23 days. Hopefully Klopp can use all of that training time to good effect. But yeah, this is all very weird and we've completely fecked up everything in the space of a month. Bunch of twats.

Ban

I may go overboard with this one but I think they're in a bit of a crisis.

Nobody can beat us will become legendary just as We don't let it slip now.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Our defence has always been shite, but now our attack is too. Teams are just packing the middle of the pitch and we can't find a way around them. Instead, we pass sideways and cross the ball aimlessly into nobody (50 times today). We then proceed to concede on the counter, or on set pieces. In basic terms - we've been figured out.

Something needs to change radically, because this is now a huge crisis and even Everton are only six points behind. If I'm honest, I'm not hugely optimistic about finishing fourth.

One branch of hope to cling onto is that we only have two games in the next 23 days. Hopefully Klopp can use all of that training time to good effect. But yeah, this is all very weird and we've completely fecked up everything in the space of a month.
I think Glaston's famous chickens has come home to roost. No offence, but line up your team name by name and compare it to the other top 4-6 teams, there just isn't a lot of quality there.

Klopp needs to be heavily backed in the transfer market this summer. And then I mean heavily backed on a Citeh\United\Chelsea type of level, not the usual scrambling around for obscure £4m defenders from the German league, but real quality.

Basically you need many new signings on such a level that a lot of the players in your defence and midfield from today will be no more than reserves. They've played out of their skin and way above their natural abillity for quite some time now, but the quality just isn't there.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I think Glaston's famous chickens has come home to roost. No offence, but line up your team name by name and compare it to the other top 4-6 teams, there just isn't a lot of quality there.

Klopp needs to be heavily backed in the transfer market this summer. And then I mean heavily backed on a Citeh\United\Chelsea type of level, not the usual scrambling around for obscure £4m defenders from the German league, but real quality.

Basically you need many new signings on such a level that a lot of the players in your defence and midfield from today will be no more than reserves. They've played out of their skin and way above their natural abillity for quite some time now, but the quality just isn't there.
I agree. The likes of Firmino, Henderson, Milner etc need competition and rotation. We have a decent first 11, but beyond that the likes of Lucas and Moreno wouldn't even start for Sunderland or Hull.

There are questions to be asked as to FSG's ambition. We finished 8th last season and then proceeded to make a profit in the summer window. That's absolutely not acceptable with regards to where we want to be. Each window, we miss out on our primary targets. Gotze, Salah, Konoplyanka, Mkhitaryan, Draxler, Dahoud, Willian, Costa, Teixeira are just some of the players we've been confirmed to approach but failed to seal the deal with over the last couple of years.

No, we haven't had CL football, but money talks. Dortmund must have pissed themselves when we offered £11m last summer for Christian Pulisic. We need to stop trying to reinvent the fecking wheel and show some ambition.

Last edited:

AlwaysRed66

where is the Liverpool poster who said they had an easy run in?

I posted saying they tend to be shite against the smaller teams and he laughed it off.

I'm endlessly scrolling through this thread to find the quotes ha
Where is our poster who suggested Man Utd was going to win 28 points from the next 10 league games, although there was no real good reason why we should. The first two have been draws against Stoke & Hull.

Couch potato 82

I'd argue he was backed, not like you were shy in the transfer market, 60/70mil? Not bad like
Eh, I'm not a liverpool fan? Most of that figure was recouped in sales. Their owners haven't put much in out of their own pockets. Benteke, Allen, Ibe, skrtel made them about £60m . They have feck all saleable assets this season so they'll have to have a much bigger net spend if they're not to be left trailing the bug guns. Especially of they have European football.

SirScholes

Where is our poster who suggested Man Utd was going to win 28 points from the next 10 league games, although there was no real good reason why we should. The first two have been draws against Stoke & Hull.
Now now don't be bitter, it wasn't me so not sure why I'm quoted

SirScholes

Eh, I'm not a liverpool fan? Most of that figure was recouped in sales. Their owners haven't put much in out of their own pockets. Benteke, Allen, Ibe, skrtel made them about £60m . They have feck all saleable assets this season so they'll have to have a much bigger net spend if they're not to be left trailing the bug guns. Especially of they have European football.
I seriously dislike like it when I hear "they sold x y and z" they still spent a lot of money, they do every season. Maybe not compared to us and city but to the vast majority of teams they have spent big.
Apologies was the way I read your post regarding who you support

cyberman

He's probably relieved they didn't win. He doesn't like to underperform and take 3 points apparently