Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I would normally go on about him bottling finals but not this time, sadly. This team actually deserves to be there and losing the league to City will only make them stronger in this final.

gibers

Where are the people calling him a failure if Liverpool don't win a trophy. Ridiculous. Makes his teams play greater than the sum of their parts. Incredible coach.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I dont blame Ole for any of this however as he has inherited a very shit squad,
Something is wrong with Man Utd. You guys has been spending hundreds of millions every summer but the newly appointed manager from LVG to Ole always inherit a very shit squad.

JohnnyKills

UEFA will probably award him 50 grand for forcing him to do a media interview while he's in such a delicate state.

Treble

A lot of criticisms have always been silly. He's a top manager. Liverpool are arguably the fittest team in the world and play with great mentality.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Look at Roma’s team last year. Any team that got the first goal would have had a real chance tonight. Tonight was as much about one team bottling and the other team winning. Same as United at PSG.
I don't know. Klopp has pulled this off more than once. Off the top of my head I can name you four come backs to remember.
12/13 against Malaga
13/14 (almost) against Real
15/16 against Dortmund
18/19 against Barca

He's a master at motivating his team and getting them to believe in themselves against the odds.

Last edited:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Where are the people calling him a failure if Liverpool don't win a trophy. Ridiculous. Makes his teams play greater than the sum of their parts. Incredible coach.
Here.

You can be a failure and a top class manager at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He’s the best manager in the world currently, unfortunately. And he will stick around for quite some time I think.

AgentP

I don't know. Klopp has pulled this off more than once. On top of my head I can name you four come backs to remember.
12/13 against Malaga
13/14 (almost) against Real
15/16 against Dortmund
18/19 against Barca

He's a master at motivating his team and getting them to believe in themselves against the odds.
That reminds me of someone :(

Skills

Snitch
Something is wrong with Man Utd. You guys has been spending hundreds of millions every summer but the newly appointed manager from LVG to Ole always inherit a very shit squad.
Come back in 2 years. Once this one fails and we make another managerial appointment, you'll see the same statement repeated again on here.

gibers

Here.

You can be a failure and a top class manager at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.
Funny how their fans owners don't think that but some people here do. Funny that. I guess he would have had a better season if he won the FA cup and did nothing else.

Canagel

Yes where are you now?. Two thirds of the attacking line out- no problem.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Three seasons running now - won every european two-legged tie he's managed. 3 finals on the bounce.

This will also be the first final we go into as favorites under Klopp.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Paris was a fluke. This was as convincing as victories go. Because Barcelona lost a three-goal lead, I reckon everyone is going to try and make it completely about them.
That was never a 4-0 win. It was a deserved home win, but Barca should have scored and shouldn't have conceded four.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Ironically, he is probably the closest manager to a certain Scotsman currently. Makes his team punch way above their weights while having a very average midfield. Also pretty much every fan but his those of his own clubs hates him to the bone :lol:. Still has a long, long way to even be considered anywhere close to SAF of course but the similarities are there.

NoLogo

I know we all hate Liverpool and thus we hate Klopp but can we please acknowledge his team and his football completley dominated Barca in both games and only went down in the first leg through a complete freak accident called Messi?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Ironically, he is probably the closest manager to a certain Scotsman currently. Makes his team punch way above their weights while having a very average midfield. Also pretty much every fan but his those of his own clubs hates him to the bone :lol:. Still has a long, long way to even be considered anywhere close to SAF of course but the similarities are there.
Fabinho elevates our midfield.

Welbeckham

Sadly, he will win (a lot of) things eventually and there will be nothing to hold against him anymore. Brilliant manager.

Canagel

That was never a 4-0 win. It was a deserved home win, but Barca should have scored and shouldn't have conceded four.
It was a 4-0 win. Barce had some half chance but they were overwhelmed just like OT match only we're toothless as feck.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If it took you until today to rate his skillsets or what he has done at Liverpool you're blind (that's me being kind).

This game could have finished 2-0 to Liverpool and he would still be an excellent, top 5 manager.

Welbeckham

You could say the exact same thing (3-0 and teams reversed) about the Camp Nou fixture. Valverde is a fraud, and Liverpool were the better side in this tie.

marktan

Never thought he'd be this good for Liverpool. A shame. Built a great team.

But hopefully Spurs or Ajax win though and they can continue reaching finals every season and losing.

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
Probably the worst thing about today´s result is this thread going full-RAWK. Of course he is having a great season, but the drooling over him in here and people even comparing him to Sir Alex is absolutely ridiculous. Let´s not overreact about the match today which was a fantastic performance of Liverpool, but also a massive bottle job by Barcelona who had to score in the first half to end the tie and completely fell apart in the second half. Let´s see if Liverpool can sustain their level also the following season before calling him the next inventor of football.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
If I'm not mistaken isn't he roughly the same as Fergie was when he won his first PL title ?

Love to think he'd still be with us for the next 20 years.

Ban

Didn't Fergie say something like he doesn't like Klopp went there cause he'll be great for them?

Kammy26

He’s a top manager no denying it.

He had a similar trajectory when he was managing Dortmund didn’t he? Took a few years to get going, for 3-4 years his Dortmund team was awesome. Then if I remember correctly he had them in the relegation zone near the end of his tenure.

I don't watch much of German football. What exactly caused his downfall at Dortmund? Any chance of it happening at Liverpool haha

izec

Top manager. The way he does it with the players is incredible. He also always seems to pick the right clubs and players.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

He had a similar trajectory when he was managing Dortmund didn’t he? Took a few years to get going, for 3-4 years his Dortmund team was awesome. Then if I remember correctly he had them in the relegation zone near the end of his tenure.

I don't watch much of German football. What exactly caused his downfall at Dortmund? Any chance of it happening at Liverpool haha
Many different reasons. Many keyplayers were obvious bought by Bayern and the Premier League, many injuries, drop of forms, drop of motivation (he reportedly wanted out the summer before). But they still managed to get into Europe in the end after a horrible first half of the season, finishing last if i remember correctly.

He's the best manager in the world for quite some time tbh. What he did with Mainz was very good, what he did with Dortmund was magical and now he's doing it again. This time even with money in his pocket.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Plays a great brand of football too.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If he doesn't land a trophy this year, after tonight's result and the amount of European finals in his Liverpool tenure, you have to wonder just how?

ctp

It was a lot of issues compounding iirc. First a results crisis, they were battering teams but couldn't hit a barn door, then injury crisis, pretty much all their first team defenders got injured, then their football turned to shit and they spent the winter break in the relegation zone. Still finished 7th though.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It was a 4-0 win. Barce had some half chance but they were overwhelmed just like OT match only we're toothless as feck.

Liverpool did as well as you might hope, but Barca’s finishing deserted them and they were mentally shot after the equaliser. Even Klopp and the Liverpool players were happy to concede it was just one of those nights as much as anything. You couldn’t expect that to happen. You couldn’t repeat that and get the same result.