Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

beedoubleyou

Agree with your first sentence. This Liverpool team is respected throughout world football right now, and with reason. Nice to keep the trophy count ticking along with the FA, league and Europa cups, but we find ourselves at least 2 years behind any serious challenge to the other European giants.
But let me ask you about the second sentence. Why do you think he's a bellend?
The way he acts on the touchline, the pathetic excuses in interviews and the general way he conducts himself. I thought he got an unfair advantage over Mourinho in the press too - though Mourinho is a prick and certainly helped dig his own grave there.

Then again, I suspect I wouldn't have liked Sir Alex if he was managing another team either.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
AC Milan were miles better than Liverpool in 2005 but lost.

Remember that Celtic game where they beat Barcelona despite only having 11% possession?
They weren't though, if they were miles better it wouldn't have gone to penalties, they would have won, and the aim of the game is to score most goals not have most possession so again, they were not the better team.

Treble

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Liverpool can still win the double and if it happens you'll never hear the end of it. Klopp's team will be heralded as better than United 08 because of the points total in the league and the comeback against Barcelona.

Even if they end up with nothing, one must be a really bitter person to deny that Klopp has made them a real force. To win 95-97 pts without having the squads of Arsenal 02-04, Chelsea 04-06, United 07-09 and City 17-19 would be nothing short of incredible.

Celoti23-81

They weren't though, if they were miles better it wouldn't have gone to penalties, they would have won, and the aim of the game is to score most goals not have most possession so again, they were not the better team.
They were 1st half though. Ripped Liverpool apart. 2nd half, they just imploded, thinking they had already won it!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They were 1st half though. Ripped Liverpool apart. 2nd half, they just imploded, thinking they had already won it!
Think there was a story in Gerrard's book about Gattuso joking around at HT and already kissing the trophy or something like that, they looked like they didn't care anymore and thought they'd already won it.

They were on a totally different level in that first half though, I remember watching that and thinking "well, nothing you can do about that". That Kaka through pass to Crespo is still one of the best assists I've ever seen.

Needham

The way he acts on the touchline, the pathetic excuses in interviews and the general way he conducts himself. I thought he got an unfair advantage over Mourinho in the press too - though Mourinho is a prick and certainly helped dig his own grave there.
Then again, I suspect I wouldn't have liked Sir Alex if he was managing another team either.
I see all that, but does he actually wind you up? I kind of like the "general way he conducts himself". The FA not getting onto him is an FA problem rather than his. I just hate the fact that Liverpool managed to squire him as their manager.

PGLFC91

Supports
Liverpool
Why will you "keep improving"?
Who says this isn't the peak?
I do.

Alisson is not going to become a bad goalkeeper over night.

Trent, Gomez, Van Dijk and Robbo are all quality.

Keita has had a year to adjust and looks to have settled. Oxlade back fit for next season. Fabinho one full season now and looks good. Wijnaldum and Henderson, etc all good players.

The front three in their prime.

This team will be up there with City again next season.

beedoubleyou

I see all that, but does he actually wind you up? I kind of like the "general way he conducts himself". The FA not getting onto him is an FA problem rather than his. I just hate the fact that Liverpool managed to squire him as their manager.
He doesn't wind me up, I just think he's a bellend.

cyberman

Klopp really has to win something at this stage. Competing with City just isn't enough and i don't know why it's being put forward as a trophy in itself. They should be up there after the spend over the last three transfer windows.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Most annoying thing about the Barça game was the fact I felt we could have got something with a few minor tweaks here and there. Those are the margins at the top level. Hopefully we reinforce the squad in the summer with depth and attacking options.

shahzy

This is so wrong. If 4 years ago someone would have told me that Liverpool will make it to 2 European finals and 1 semi final, regular top 4 finishers then I would have laughed it off.

The progress is clearly there to be seen. I don't know how someone can still call them a sleeping giant.
Yeh i dont get what that guy is on about either. They are clearly much better now than what they were 3-4 years ago. Consistently challenging is all any club can do. The difference in tipping you over the edge as you could see in the Liverpool vs Barca game was some small Argentinian who happens to be one of the best of all time. There's not much you can do about that as a opposition manager

Fridge chutney

If I was joking I wouldn't be able to sum them up without thinking. After the City win, we partied until 7am and took a cab straight to Manchester Airport. The party after Belgium vs Brazil last Summer went on until the sun came up, thousands of people still in absolute delirium about what had just happened. I remember those moments a lot more, even if they didn't lead to silverware, than the 2012 League Cup which I watched on my own in front of the TV.
This is fair enough. Those moments are among the reasons we all love football. And the inverse crushing feeling is why we hate it too. Trophies just prolong the inevitable feeling of disappointment. There are no highs without the lows.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Klopp really has to win something at this stage. Competing with City just isn't enough and i don't know why it's being put forward as a trophy in itself. They should be up there after the spend over the last three transfer windows.
Well, Guardiola spent even more money. Klopp's still dependent on Shaqiri, Origi and Sturridge for offensive depth. He spent a lot but he also lost Coutinho & Can recently.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Since Klopp took over the team has gradually got better and better. - True

This will now be the third season in a row that Liverpool have qualified for the Champions League. - True

Klopps European record with Liverpool is currently, Europa League Final, Champions League Final and Champions League semi final.

He has got more points in a 38 game season than Alex Ferguson ever did at Man United. - True, but doesn't mean anything, Real got 96 points under Pellegrini, it means f-all if you finish 2nd

He has done this in an era where Man City can go out and spend over £100 million on full backs and United can offer players £350k a week. - Whilst you spent a world record fee on a CB

Liverpool have finally got a manager, team and ownership that are good enough to compete at the top level. They haven't won anything yet but its only a matter of time.
As above, and finally, football doesn't work like that. Most people thought Newcastle were there to compete after they signed Shearer in 1996, we all know what happened since.

Melville Red

This is so wrong. If 4 years ago someone would have told me that Liverpool will make it to 2 European finals and 1 semi final, regular top 4 finishers then I would have laughed it off.

The progress is clearly there to be seen. I don't know how someone can still call them a sleeping giant.
They are in a coma. Why? Because the history books will show that they haven’t won anything for x amount of years and as I type they haven’t won the PL and that they last won the 1st Division as it was 29 years ago.
It’s what tomorrow’s history books will show and thats why finishing second even with 100points is nothing to be proud of. Unless of course you are Liverpool.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
They are in a coma. Why? Because the history books will show that they haven’t won anything for x amount of years and as I type they haven’t won the PL and that they last won the 1st Division as it was 29 years ago.
It’s what tomorrow’s history books will show and thats why finishing second even with 100points is nothing to be proud of. Unless of course you are Liverpool.
This is utter nonsense.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
As above, and finally, football doesn't work like that. Most people thought Newcastle were there to compete after they signed Shearer in 1996, we all know what happened since.
Yes, but you're comparing Kevin Keegan to Jurgen Klopp here. Klopp took over a Dortmund side who had the worse defensive record in the league, & 3 years later with him in charge they had the best. He's done something very similar at Liverpool. That in itself shows he's someone who knows what he's doing. Keegan on the other hand had a tendency to fly by the seat of his pants during most of his - trophyless - managerial career.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I m guessing it's been said earlier in this thread but what an absolute dick response he had to the question asked by a New York Times reporter in the post game presser of the Barca game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If winning trophies = success, why did Manchester United sack their last 2 'successful' managers ?
So are you saying success can be coming second now?
The time klopp can play the underdog card so well has passed. World record fees on keeper and centre back changed that little game.

Patrick22

Supports
Manchester City
Since Klopp took over the team has gradually got better and better.

This will now be the third season in a row that Liverpool have qualified for the Champions League.

Klopps European record with Liverpool is currently, Europa League Final, Champions League Final and Champions League semi final.

He has got more points in a 38 game season than Alex Ferguson ever did at Man United.

He has done this in an era where Man City can go out and spend over £100 million on full backs and United can offer players £350k a week.

Liverpool have finally got a manager, team and ownership that are good enough to compete at the top level. They haven't won anything yet but its only a matter of time.
Agree with all that apart from the bit where you infer that Klopp's done it all on a shoestring, while others (namely City and United can spend what they like)
You can't have it both ways.

Melville Red

This is utter nonsense.
You’re right remind me how many points can Liverpool actually get? Oh yes 97.
So 97 points might still show you in second which I’m sorry to inform you is finishing SECOND, and NOT FIRST.
It is getting funnier than listening to PM Theresa May saying that the Conservatives did rather well in the local council elections, you can dress it up all you like but second is second, it’s not nonsense, it’s fact.

However if City slip up Liverpool might still win it. It’s exciting and I’m looking forward to the Toon putting in a good shift tonight.;)

redman5

So are you saying success can be coming second now?
The time klopp can play the underdog card so well has passed. World record fees on keeper and centre back changed that little game.
First is first, second is nowhere. Isn't that the old saying ? The thing is, Jurgen Klopp's time at Anfield can only be judged as either a success or failure when his time is up here. Not winning the league with 90+ points is simply failing to better a side that last season hit 100 points, & has shown similar consistency this season too. It might not be success, but it's certainly not failure. I'm quite sure you'd have gladly taken a guarantee at the start of the season to better United's last season's total by at least 10 points. You certainly wouldn't be on here trying to play down Jose's work, even if he'd broken transfer records with a couple of his signings.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
First is first, second is nowhere. Isn't that the old saying ? The thing is, Jurgen Klopp's time at Anfield can only be judged as either a success or failure when his time is up here. Not winning the league with 90+ points is simply failing to better a side that last season hit 100 points, & has shown similar consistency this season too. It might not be success, but it's certainly not failure. I'm quite sure you'd have gladly taken a guarantee at the start of the season to better United's last season's total by at least 10 points. You certainly wouldn't be on here trying to play down Jose's work, even if he'd broken transfer records with a couple of his signings.
You're right it is not failure for certain.
But i don't understand why people get so hung up on points.

Points are only relative to the year you're in.
Teams are varying strengths every different year. Liverpool getting 97 this season wouldn't mean they're a better team than every United team ever for example, due to united never beating 91.

Progress should be based on position, so on that you've seen progress which is all we ask.
Even then, a position can, not be blagged but be a bit fortunate, say take us being second last year but not pulling up trees for most of it.

redman5

You're right it is not failure for certain.
But i don't understand why people get so hung up on points.

Points are only relative to the year you're in.
Teams are varying strengths every different year. Liverpool getting 97 this season wouldn't mean they're a better team than every United team ever for example, due to united never beating 91.

Progress should be based on position, so on that you've seen progress which is all we ask.
Even then, a position can, not be blagged but be a bit fortunate, say take us being second last year but not pulling up trees for most of it.
You had a very good start to the season, & that's why you finished as high as you did. I pointed this out a couple of times on various threads, & suggested that your position may not be an accurate pointer as to United's future. We've been consistent right from the off. Yeah we've had some luck, but to chase a side that's capable of dropping just 13 or 14 points a season you do need a lot of things to go for you. A lot of people have taken it as a given that City will automatically hit a similar points next season & beyond. I don't subscribe to that point of view. Pep himself has recently said how much it puts on the players with regards to having to do it week in week out, year in, year out. Jose's Chelsea side won 2 consecutive league titles in 2005 & 2006 with 90 plus points, but despite making even more big signings to strengthen his squad, he was never able to replicate it in the 3rd season. He was sacked just 6 games into his 4th season in charge after just obtaining 11 points out of a possible 18.

Football isn't linear. It doesn't always go the way we expect it to. Klopp not winning a 'major' trophy this season doesn't make him a failure, or suggest he won't do it in the next few seasons. Just in the same way there's no guarantee City, under Pep, will be as consistent in achieving high points in the PL. I'm confident that with Jurgen Klopp in charge for the next few seasons we will eventually claim a big trophy with either the Premier League or the Champions League. He's given us a very, very strong base to build upon. That's something no one can deny.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You had a very good start to the season, & that's why you finished as high as you did. I pointed this out a couple of times on various threads, & suggested that your position may not be an accurate pointer as to United's future. We've been consistent right from the off. Yeah we've had some luck, but to chase a side that's capable of dropping just 13 or 14 points a season you do need a lot of things to go for you. A lot of people have taken it as a given that City will automatically hit a similar points next season & beyond. I don't subscribe to that point of view. Pep himself has recently said how much it puts on the players with regards to having to do it week in week out, year in, year out. Jose's Chelsea side won 2 consecutive league titles in 2005 & 2006 with 90 plus points, but despite making even more big signings to strengthen his squad, he was never able to replicate it in the 3rd season. He was sacked just 6 games into his 4th season in charge after just obtaining 11 points out of a possible 18.

Football isn't linear. It doesn't always go the way we expect it to. Klopp not winning a 'major' trophy this season doesn't make him a failure, or suggest he won't do it in the next few seasons. Just in the same way there's no guarantee City, under Pep, will be as consistent in achieving high points in the PL. I'm confident that with Jurgen Klopp in charge for the next few seasons we will eventually claim a big trophy with either the Premier League or the Champions League. He's given us a very, very strong base to build upon. That's something no one can deny.
What you say about City though, can equally be applied to Liverpool.
I was arguing with one of your fans who seems certain that you'll improve next season. I can't see you improving on points for one thing! Whether you can improve on position depends on many things - we can't write off the unknown - teams below you improving a lot.
Chelsea have for years spent a year looking dreadful then come back strong for instance.

We'll see. I don't take Klopp's view that this is the first attempt in many on the league though. You can't guarantee it. This may have been your time.

redman5

What you say about City though, can equally be applied to Liverpool.
I was arguing with one of your fans who seems certain that you'll improve next season. I can't see you improving on points for one thing! Whether you can improve on position depends on many things - we can't write off the unknown - teams below you improving a lot.
Chelsea have for years spent a year looking dreadful then come back strong for instance.

We'll see. I don't take Klopp's view that this is the first attempt in many on the league though. You can't guarantee it. This may have been your time.
Totally agree with you. It's unlikely we'll ever be in a position again to amass such a high points total. But then again, 'unlikely' does sometimes happen. & if I'm right in what I said in my earlier post about my doubts about City not being able to sustain the level of consistency they've shown over the past couple of seasons, chances are we may not need to hit the heights we have this year. & if you're right about the other teams improving, then there's a very good chance the head-to-heads of the top 6 will become even more crucial over the course of the season.

The thing that's pleased me most about our performances this season is the fact that we've very rarely looked like we're going to lose a match. We could/should have lost to City at Anfield. But then again we were a gnat's hair-breadth away from taking the lead at their place, & if Kompany had gotten the red card he deserved for the lunge on Salah, then we'd have probably not lost that match. So if we can maintain the defensive solidity that's been the backbone of our title challenge this year, then I see no reason why we can't be competing over the next few seasons. Key to everything though is who'll go first out of Klopp & Pep. For it's those 2 alone who are the reason both sides are currently head & shoulders above the rest of the Premier League. We might need to bide our time & hope Jurgen outstays Guardiola. It's all if's & but's at the end of the day. Doubt you'll hear many Liverpool fans say 'next year will be our year' though. 30 years without a title has well & truly put paid to that delusion.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
If winning trophies = success, why did Manchester United sack their last 2 'successful' managers ?
The poster never said Klopp has to win trophies to be labelled a success at Liverpool. In fact, he already is a success. There have been signs of progression at the end of every season, 2 finals in debut season. CL qualification next season followed by a CL Final last season to a record PL finish. If he were to go in 2 weeks time, he'd leave behind a squad which is completely transformed from the laughable one you had.

It's just that his record in finals/close league finish is abysmal, you can do all the right things but if you continuously stumble at the finish line then people will reserve judgment against you. Its only natural.

Bojan11

Hate to say it but he’s a genius.

Destroyed Barca with Liverpool.

Destroyed Madrid with Dortmund.

Skills

Snitch
Hate to say it but he’s a genius.

Destroyed Barca with Liverpool.

Destroyed Madrid with Dortmund.
Don't worry. Oles at the wheel, totally the man you need to compete against the likes of Klopp :wenger:

Godfather

Good idea once again from @esmufc07 to start a WUM thread about Klopp btw. Nothing to shame about wishing he was our manager. He's by far the best out there after Pep. Shame we went for shit all these years. For all of those wishing Ole will ever reach this level: He won't.

settembrini

If I could pick any current manager to take the United job it would be him. Did an unbelievable job at Dortmund and is doing the same thing at Liverpool. They are probably favourites for the CL now and we are lucky that City's far deeper and more expensive squad have the smallest edge on them in the league.