Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
What's the point of United participating in the Premier League next season since you have no chance to win it anyway?

I also see you've actively contacted a mod to delete your embarrasing "supports:" section by the way, good on you.
No, I didn't; it just switched to "Full Member" when I got the tenth like. I've got no problem admitting that I only want Utd to win the PL and Barça La Liga; when they cross paths in the UCL I just have to swallow the bitter pill.

I also see you are back after your personal embarrassment of yesterday, good on you.:D

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
It's not an achievement in any sense of the word.

Accumulating 97 points over the course of a single season is pretty good, but it amounts to the grand total of nothing if it fails to win the league.
Who remembers Pellegrini's Madrid 2nd place with 96 points in 2010?

And, do Madrid fans look back at that season with pride?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

And, do Madrid fans look back at that season with pride?
It's different for clubs like Madrid and Barcelona though. They win trophies all the time.

We've been rubbish for 30 years so a 90+ point season stands out more. We probably won't manage that again any time soon.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
It's different for clubs like Madrid and Barcelona though. They win trophies all the time.

We've been rubbish for 30 years so a 90+ point season stands out more. We probably won't manage that again any time soon.
Here we go again. I wouldn't call 2001-07 rubbish. 2008-09 is the equivalent of 2018-19.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Because in his four years here we've done nothing but improve. Have you seen something else?
Do you really think you'll improve from this season's points total? Bearing in mind how many late lucky breaks you've had? Mahrez, Alderweirald, Pickford, and Guiata for four? The front 3 missing about 5 league games between them in total, and playing United with so many injuries?

Teams don't improve forever. It ends. This could just as easily be the peak.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Actually I hardly remember that game at all. :lol:

I was in a state of delirium from about 54 minutes in.

I get your point but I don't think it's fair to call our season mediocre. It's disappointing but we've done well to bridge the gap to this City side. They were just better than us in the end (assuming Rodgers doesn't Rodger them).
An achievement, a real achievement, is worthy of remembrance. Accumulating a total points tally of 97 is not an achievement.

United fans will never forget Ole's moment in 99.

City fans will never forget Aguerooooooo

Chelsea fans will never forget the Gerrard back pass or the slip.

Arsenal fans will never forget The Invincibles.

*edit*

Spurs fans will never forget the grand opening of their fantastic new stadium.

Point is, Klopp has achieved nothing with Liverpool until he actually wins something.

Last edited:

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
An achievement, a real achievement, is worthy of remembrance. Accumulating a total points tally of 97 is not an achievement.

Spurs fans will never forget... erm... we'll come back to this. You were speaking of Leicester 2016, right?

Point is, Klopp has achieved nothing with Liverpool until he actually wins something.
Karius. That will be remembered. UCL final and all.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Pellegrini had just bought all his galacticos at the. Real Madrid is the succesfull football klub in the world. Anything other than winning the league getting to the semifinal in Cl is failure

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Spurs fans will never forget... erm... we'll come back to this.

Such a weird reasoning. I remember moments, not achievements. I'll never forget Lovren's header to make it 4-3 against Dortmund a few years ago and that ultimately led to nothing. I'll never ever forget Coutinho's 3-2 winner against City in April 2014 which was my first game at Anfield ever, and we lost the league by 2 points that season. I remember Chadli's winner against Japan and De Bruyne's goal against Brazil even though we went out in the semis last WC.

I can't even remember who scored the goal and/or penalties against Cardiff in the League Cup Final which we won. If you only consider achievements worthy of remembrance I really feel for you as a human being.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Such a weird reasoning. I remember moments, not achievements. I'll never forget Lovren's header to make it 4-3 against Dortmund a few years ago and that ultimately led to nothing. I'll never ever forget Coutinho's 3-2 winner against City in April 2014 which was my first game at Anfield ever, and we lost the league by 2 points that season. I remember Chadli's winner against Japan and De Bruyne's goal against Brazil even though we went out in the semis.

I can't even remember who scored the goal and/or penalties against Cardiff in the League Cup Final which we won. If you only consider achievements worthy of remembrance I really feel for you as a human being.
Nice. So Football Museums should mainly hold big photos of moments but not actual silverware.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Nice. So Football Museums should mainly hold big photos of moments but not actual silverware.
For a moment there I forgot that my brain is a football museum.

And, if I remember correctly, there's a lot more than just silverware in the football museum in Manchester.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Such a weird reasoning. I remember moments, not achievements. I'll never forget Lovren's header to make it 4-3 against Dortmund a few years ago and that ultimately led to nothing. I'll never ever forget Coutinho's 3-2 winner against City in April 2014 which was my first game at Anfield ever, and we lost the league by 2 points that season. I remember Chadli's winner against Japan and De Bruyne's goal against Brazil even though we went out in the semis last WC.

You are joking, of course?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yes. Also, last cup so far (EL) dates from 2017, when ehem, Klopp was already at Liverpool.
I was referring to the actual National Football Museum in Manchester, it was not a dig at United :D

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
For a moment there I forgot that my brain is a football museum.

And, if I remember correctly, there's a lot more than just silverware in the football museum in Manchester.
That being a large number of envious scousers talking about the glory days of Istanbul, Ian Rush and, erm, Lovrens header against Dortmund.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I don't understand how everyone can downplay Klopps record. He took over struggling Dortmund and tranformed them into a top club that the bundesliga over Bayern.
He's taken over a sleeping giant and turned Liverpool into team that play attractive football and is competing for honors.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You are joking, of course?
If I was joking I wouldn't be able to sum them up without thinking. After the City win, we partied until 7am and took a cab straight to Manchester Airport. The party after Belgium vs Brazil last Summer went on until the sun came up, thousands of people still in absolute delirium about what had just happened. I remember those moments a lot more, even if they didn't lead to silverware, than the 2012 League Cup which I watched on my own in front of the TV.

marktan

He builds great teams and for that he deserves credit, but his lineups and tactical changes in the big games are often poor imo.

Liverpool were dominating Barca but should've created a lot more, for some reason they had Wjnaldum up top when they had a striker in Origi, and he played Gomez instead of TAA basically removing the option for balls in behind from the right and TAA's pinpoint crosses feeding the front 3, which they've gotten a lot of goals from this season. He did similarly against their match against City in the PL and they lost/drew partly because of it.

Whilst he has been unlucky in knockout ties and finals, he needs to be more like Poch who often changes things in game and gets it right more often than not. That he didn't make any subs until the 75th minute or whatever meant they didn't put enough pressure on for an away goal, and they'll most likely go out because of it as even if they score 4, I'm fairly sure Barca will score at least 1. What's more bizarre is that the one change he did make was to put Origi on the left wing for the final 10.

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
This Klopp bashing is absolutely hilarious. What do you guys seriously think how many managers could've done the same with this team?
Should Liverpool fire Klopp and search for their OGS now that they are set to miss out on 2 titles again. Finishing in top 4 of Champions League in 2 consecutive seasons is really nothing and shows absolutely no skill. Everyone could do that.
If you gave top 10 European football clubs free hands to pick whatever manager they'd like, i'd give my left nut that 9 of them would pick Jürgen Klopp in top 3.
I can understand the hate for Liverpool from United fans, but you can't really be that blind, can you? I'd absolutely fecking love to have him in Bayern and it's despite the fact he ran Dortmund.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Tbf to him, are you going to forget Rashford's penalty against PSG in 5 years time?

I know I won't.
I sure won't, but we United fans can't be picky in these dark days of City dominance - we'll take whatever we can get.

But Lovren's header against Dortmund, really? The sad thing is I don't think he was joking.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I sure won't, but we United fans can't be picky in these dark days of City dominance - we'll take whatever we can get.

But Lovren's header against Dortmund, really? The sad thing is I don't think he was joking.
Yeah that’s really sad tbh, how dare I fondly remember a last minute winner in the QFs of a European competition in a game where we trailed 1-3? Feck me.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Are you kidding? That come back against Dortmund was incredible. I'll never forget that game or celebrating the last goal like a mad man.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I do hate this "so and so were the better team" stuff. If you were the better team you would have won. You didn't therefore you were not the better team. If you can lose and be the better team it makes a mockery of everything. You don't see it in other sports, yes I know he finished 3rd in the 100 meters but he was the best runner, yes I know he was knocked out in the second round but he was still the better boxer. Doesn't work.

Fluctuation0161

The playing style of him is incredible, always attacking. High class Manager. That's how football should be played

He may not win trophies but it's due to Pep getting freaking 98 points and Messi and Ronaldo playing. He reached the final last year.
It's actually due to Pep inheriting the best squad in the league. Then, in addition to that, breaking Premiership spending records with a blank chequebook at City.

Minimalist

I don't understand how everyone can downplay Klopps record. He took over struggling Dortmund and tranformed them into a top club that the bundesliga over Bayern.
He's taken over a sleeping giant and turned Liverpool into team that play attractive football and is competing for honors.
And they're still sleeping despite all the media gushing...

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
And they're still sleeping despite all the media gushing...
This is so wrong. If 4 years ago someone would have told me that Liverpool will make it to 2 European finals and 1 semi final, regular top 4 finishers then I would have laughed it off.

The progress is clearly there to be seen. I don't know how someone can still call them a sleeping giant.

Kaglish10

Klopp played himself. Why curtail your own strength in a bid to stifle Barca? Klopp team is majorly built on the wing play of TAA and Robertson but he curbed the wing play in a bid to put men in the middle. It's not like Barca has a good midfield like their golden Xavi era.

If at all Klopp had wanted to curb Barca's attack, he should have gone with a 352 setup with TAA and Robertson given license to comb the wing while the 3-man defence deal with Barca's attack. Mane should also have been given the task to man mark Busquet and disrupt his buildup play. And Wijnaldum should have been in the central midfield to give them more control and not in the attack. It's not like he's got the vision to unlock Barca's defence in the first place. He's at his best in the central midfield.

Ole had the same setup in the first leg and we almost got something out of the match despite our terrible players. Klopp has got better players overall, including quality attacking full backs and forward to make it work.

Minimalist

This is so wrong. If 4 years ago someone would have told me that Liverpool will make it to 2 European finals and 1 semi final, regular top 4 finishers then I would have laughed it off.

The progress is clearly there to be seen. I don't know how someone can still call them a sleeping giant.
Progress isn't success.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
Klopp played himself. Why curtail your own strength in a bid to stifle Barca? Klopp team is majorly built on the wing play of TAA and Robertson but he curbed the wing play in a bid to put men in the middle. It's not like Barca has a good midfield like their golden Xavi era.

If at all Klopp had wanted to curb Barca's attack, he should have gone with a 352 setup with TAA and Robertson given license to comb the wing while the 3-man defence deal with Barca's attack. Mane should also have been given the task to man mark Busquet and disrupt his buildup play. And Wijnaldum should have been in the central midfield to give them more control and not in the attack. It's not like he's got the vision to unlock Barca's defence in the first place. He's at his best in the central midfield.

Ole had the same setup in the first leg and we almost got something out of the match despite our terrible players. Klopp has got better players overall, including quality attacking full backs and forward to make it work.
The Wijnaldum experiment was really strange. I Haven't thought of a 3-5-2, but I agree it would make a lot more sense with our personel if he wanted to be more defensive than our usual 4-3-3. VvD, Matip and Gomez in defence, with TAA and Robertson on the flanks.

The deselection of TAA was another strange decision. The wingplay from him and Robertson has been one of the highlights for us the entire season.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

The Wijnaldum experiment was really strange. I Haven't thought of a 3-5-2, but I agree it would make a lot more sense with our personel if he wanted to be more defensive than our usual 4-4-3. VvD, Matip and Gomez in defence, with TAA and Robertson on the flanks.

The deselection of TAA was another strange decision. The wingplay from him and Robertson has been one of the highlights for us the entire season.
No wonder you're doing so well in the league!

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
I do hate this "so and so were the better team" stuff. If you were the better team you would have won. You didn't therefore you were not the better team. If you can lose and be the better team it makes a mockery of everything. You don't see it in other sports, yes I know he finished 3rd in the 100 meters but he was the best runner, yes I know he was knocked out in the second round but he was still the better boxer. Doesn't work.
AC Milan were miles better than Liverpool in 2005 but lost.

Remember that Celtic game where they beat Barcelona despite only having 11% possession?

Oscar.Z.Acosta

His calm and reasonable demeanour in the post-match interview against Barcelona is just a harbinger of a massive meltdown, I reckon.

Someone that disingenuous (his horrendous fake laughter is the biggest giveaway) will eventually blow and it’ll be glorious to watch.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Since Klopp took over the team has gradually got better and better.

This will now be the third season in a row that Liverpool have qualified for the Champions League.

Klopps European record with Liverpool is currently, Europa League Final, Champions League Final and Champions League semi final.

He has got more points in a 38 game season than Alex Ferguson ever did at Man United.

He has done this in an era where Man City can go out and spend over £100 million on full backs and United can offer players £350k a week.

Liverpool have finally got a manager, team and ownership that are good enough to compete at the top level. They haven't won anything yet but its only a matter of time.